PDA

View Full Version : Women empowerment Solution or Problem?

dskadyan
July 30th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Everybody talks about women empowerment and presence of equal number of women in each and every field. I Am having issue with this and feel consequence of this are

1. number of nuclear family increased many times.
2. Lesser Jobs for men and so lesser families having at least one earning member.
3. More issues in Husband and wife. Both are equal, who will sacrifice and why.
4. Men don't respect Women any more they treat them as competitor. (forget man stand up when a woman is standing in a bus now a days).

and this is what i get in my mind so what you say. DON'T AFRAID OF SONIA EVEN SHE IS THE MOST POWERFUL CREATURE IN INDIA. SPEAK UP NOW----

sidchhikara
July 30th, 2009, 11:38 PM
What ???????????????????
I thought this was settled.

yudhvirmor
July 31st, 2009, 08:08 AM
What ???????????????????
I thought this was settled.
Dono nee Obama dhore bhej doo. .Jiska bhi Rola hoo woh unhe Beer pila ke samjata hai :rock

arvind1069
July 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
Everybody talks about women empowerment and presence of equal number of women in each and every field. I Am having issue with this and feel consequence of this are

2. Lesser Jobs for men and so lesser families having at least one earning member.
4. Men don't respect Women any more they treat them as competitor. (forget man stand up when a woman is standing in a bus now a days).

and this is what i get in my mind so what you say. DON'T AFRAID OF SONIA EVEN SHE IS THE MOST POWERFUL CREATURE IN INDIA. SPEAK UP NOW----

it has caused lot of problems, main is the lesser jobs form men. in almost every bank u ll find lots of women. so they r making lots of men sitting idle.

sidchhikara
July 31st, 2009, 01:00 PM
Dono nee Obama dhore bhej doo. .Jiska bhi Rola hoo woh unhe Beer pila ke samjata hai :rock
Theek ...:D
Fer ek or dikkat ho jaagi ... keh denge women drinking beer solution or problem?

cooljat
July 31st, 2009, 01:13 PM
lol .........!! :D
theek ...:d
fer ek or dikkat ho jaagi ... Keh denge women drinking beer solution or problem?

VJ
July 31st, 2009, 01:14 PM
it has caused lot of problems, main is the lesser jobs form men. in almost every bank u ll find lots of women. so they r making lots of men sitting idle.

Devender भाईसाहब बात आपकी ठीक सै.....अर्र Arvind भाईसाहब भी सही बोल गए.......

पर मेरा यु सोचना सै......
जै बहु ने सामने बैठा के सोचोगे तह इस चीज़ में थोडी दिकत सै......(मैंने कोना, पर सबकी आपनी आपनी राय सै).....

अर्र जै इसे चीज़ ने......आपनी बहन...बेटी...माँ.....के मुकाबले सोचोगे त या चीज़ आपने ठीक लागेगी.......(this women empowerment)

अर्र जी मेरा तह यु मानना सै.....दुसरे ने पाछे किचन की बजाये ...आपने आप ने ऊपर उठाओ.....:)

aapne aap nai e....issa banaoo....ke bahu bhi nu khawe.....tu teh number 1 sai......:D

anilsangwan
July 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Women empowerment Solution or Problem?

Depends "who" is the woman? :D :D :D .... kayi to over-empowered apne aap e hon sein ...... Rakhi Sawant jisi.... :rock :rock :rock :rock

anilsangwan
July 31st, 2009, 01:33 PM
. so they r making lots of men sitting idle.

.....both kind of men..... the ones who need job and the ones who come to bank for their transactions :) ......laambi line lagwaa diya karein.........

brahmtewatia
July 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM
got this mail recently somewhat touching the subject... have a look here before you opine any further.

Tomorrow you may get a working woman, but you should marry her with these facts as well.

Here is a girl, who is as much educated as you are;
Who is earning almost as much as you do;

One, who has dreams and aspirations just as
you have because she is as human as you are;

One, who has never entered the kitchen in her life just like you or your
Sister haven't, as she was busy in studies and competing in a system
that gives no special concession to girls for their culinary achievements

One, who has lived and loved her parents & brothers & sisters, almost as
much as you do for 20-25 years of her life;

One, who has bravely agreed to leave behind all that, her home, people who love her,
to adopt your home, your family, your ways and even your family ,name

One, who is somehow expected to be a master-chef from day #1,
while you sleep oblivious to her predicament in her new circumstances, environment and that kitchen

One, who is expected to make the tea, first thing in the morning and cook
food at the end of the day, even if she is as tired as you are, maybe more,
and yet never ever expected to complain; to be a servant, a cook, a mother,
a wife, even if she doesn't want to; and is learning just like you are as
to what you want from her; and is clumsy and sloppy at times and
knows that you won't like it if she is too demanding, or if she learns faster than you;

One, who has her own set of friends, and that includes boys and even men at her workplace too,
those, who she knows from school days and yet is willing to put all that on the back-burners
to avoid your irrational jealousy, unnecessary competition and your inherent insecurities;

Yes, she can drink and dance just as well as you can, but won't, simply
Because you won't like it, even though you say otherwise

One, who can be late from work once in a while whendeadlines, just like yours, are to be met;

One, who is doing her level best and wants to make this most important,
relationship in her entire life a grand success, if you just help her some
and trust her;

One, who just wants one thing from you, as you are the only one she knows in your entire house...
your unstinted support, your sensitivities and most importantly - your understanding, or love, if you may call it.

But not many guys understand this......

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...

VJ
July 31st, 2009, 02:40 PM
got this mail recently somewhat touching the subject... have a look here before you opine any further.

Tomorrow you may get a working woman, but you should marry her with these facts as well.

One, who has bravely agreed to leave behind all that, her home, people who love her,

while you sleep oblivious to her predicament in her new circumstances, environment and that kitchen

knows that you won't like it if she is too demanding, or if she learns faster than you;

One, who has her own set of friends, and that includes boys and even men at her workplace too,
those, who she knows from school days and yet is willing to put all that on the back-burners
to avoid your irrational jealousy, unnecessary competition and your inherent insecurities;

One, who can be late from work once in a while whendeadlines, just like yours, are to be met;

and trust her;

One, who just wants one thing from you, as you are the only one she knows in your entire house...
your unstinted support, your sensitivities and most importantly - your understanding, or love, if you may call it.

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...

Brahm ji.....bahut badiya baat kahi aapne:).......aarrr is baat pe....10/10 number le looo mere teh......:D

malikseema
July 31st, 2009, 05:31 PM

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...
:rock:rock:rock:rock VERY TRUE.

cooljat
July 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM

Brahm Bhaisaab, what an enlightening post that describes the Greatness of Woman.

Cheers!! :)

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...

Samarkadian
July 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM

To comment on this precisely, one need to define women empowerment? and from whom? Do they really want/desire/will to be empowered? Before that, are they really not empowered or lack power or value?

Is it alludes to make her a man?

Dude, husband and wife are equal like days and night are equal in having similar hours but not in nature, they are different with equality of being homo sapiens and use separate set of grammer for communication.

Since you 'feel' it, can't be taken as point of discussion as feeling isn't a thought. It would be changed as per its nature. Refine it for further discussion if you 'think'.

Indira Ghandhi was much more powerful than her but eventualy she got killed. It was foolish to think on the lines that one should be worried about Sonia while writing on a public forum. In her life time, she would not even hear such a thing were said on a web world.

Samarkadian
July 31st, 2009, 07:00 PM

and trust her;

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...

Brham ji , I will appreciate for sure but who is this 'angel' with a pair of wings glued to her waist?

By the way this post is purely a feminist crap pulled out to create the gap between genders.

vicky84
July 31st, 2009, 07:13 PM
Brham ji , I will appreciate for sure but who is this 'angel' with a pair of wings glued to her waist?

By the way this post is purely a feminist crap pulled out to create the gap between genders.

How come this post is crap..Everyone has his own thoughts and opinions and has a right to express them..

Samarkadian
July 31st, 2009, 07:22 PM
How come this post is crap..Everyone has his own thoughts and opinions and has a right to express them..

This is crap because of the discrimination proposed towards an average/underpriviliged/iliteriate women like fairness cream commercials put down the essence of feminity of a relatively less fair female.

On second part of your post:- Yes, thats what I excercised.

vicky84
July 31st, 2009, 07:31 PM
This is crap because of the discrimination proposed towards an average/underpriviliged/iliteriate women like fairness cream commercials put down the essence of feminity of a relatively less fair female.

On second part of your post:- Yes, thats what I excercised.

Dude it's better to understand the term discrimination...He is not discriminating anyone here..He is expressing himself..and as long as he is able to justify his thoughts and opinions, i think there is nothing wrong.

Samarkadian
July 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
Dude it's better to understand the term discrimination...He is not discriminating anyone here..He is expressing himself..and as long as he is able to justify his thoughts and opinions, i think there is nothing wrong.

Thank you for the valuable lesson Atish boy. I might consider it sometime later.

vicky84
July 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thank you for the valuable lesson Atish boy. I might consider it sometime later.

Very much appreciated if you consider it sometime...

brahmtewatia
July 31st, 2009, 08:43 PM

ahaha samar... i smell male chauvinism in your reply. folks (esp. vijay, jit, aatish, seema) may note that my previous post was an email forward. i will show up later with my opinion, but before i do tht, i wud love to see more female reactions on my forward/samar's reply post.

dskadyan
July 31st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Hi,
I was just finding the issues due to women empowerment and not suggesting we should be oppressiveness to women or they should be treated differently in anyways. We can find the goodness of the women empowerment in a separate thread or in same one.

Bahut se log isko wife, maa and sister ke context mein le gaye. Can't we be more liberal and apply to general woman?

annch
July 31st, 2009, 10:17 PM
Why don't you change the topic to "Women empowerment-a problem"....
You mean a general woman cannot be a wife, maa, sister or beti?

Hi,
I was just finding the issues due to women empowerment and not suggesting we should be oppressiveness to women or they should be treated differently in anyways. We can find the goodness of the women empowerment in a separate thread or in same one.

Bahut se log isko wife, maa and sister ke context mein le gaye. Can't we be more liberal and apply to general woman?

Samarkadian
August 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hi,

May be an off topic but sounds and looks good for general women by Haryana government. I hope everyone related to this avail it to max.

परंपरा व आधुनिकता के दोराहे पर खड़ी महिलाओं को सशक्त व स्वावलंबी बनाने के प्रति प्रदेश सरकार की संवेदनाएं व्यावहारिक पटल पर उतरने लगी हैं। अधिकाधिक बालाओं को तकनीकी शिक्षा के द्वार तक खींच लाने की खातिर अब राज्य के विभिन्न तकनीकी शिक्षण संस्थानों में पढ़ने वाली सभी छात्राओं को थोड़ा-बहुत वजीफा जरूर मिलेगा। हरियाणा स्टेट काउंसलिंग सोसाइटी के अधीन शासकीय बोर्ड की बैठक में लिए गए इस आशय के निर्णय से एमटेक, एमसीए, एमबीए, बीटेक, बीफार्मा व डिप्लोमा से जुड़ी हजारों छात्राएं लाभान्वित होंगी।

http://www4.jagran.com/main.aspx?edate=8/4/2009&editioncode=8&pageno=2#

akshaymalik84
August 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM
May be an off topic but sounds and looks good for general women by Haryana government. I hope everyone related to this avail it to max.

परंपरा व आधुनिकता के दोराहे पर खड़ी महिलाओं को सशक्त व स्वावलंबी बनाने के प्रति प्रदेश सरकार की संवेदनाएं व्यावहारिक पटल पर उतरने लगी हैं। अधिकाधिक बालाओं को तकनीकी शिक्षा के द्वार तक खींच लाने की खातिर अब राज्य के विभिन्न तकनीकी शिक्षण संस्थानों में पढ़ने वाली सभी छात्राओं को थोड़ा-बहुत वजीफा जरूर मिलेगा। हरियाणा स्टेट काउंसलिंग सोसाइटी के अधीन शासकीय बोर्ड की बैठक में लिए गए इस आशय के निर्णय से एमटेक, एमसीए, एमबीए, बीटेक, बीफार्मा व डिप्लोमा से जुड़ी हजारों छात्राएं लाभान्वित होंगी।

http://www4.jagran.com/main.aspx?edate=8/4/2009&editioncode=8&pageno=2#

I was just wondering whether this reservation and scholarship will merge these two ways.

sidchhikara
August 14th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Hi,

Bhai, ye general women ke ho sei? Manne apni Maa te boojha, wah keh thi usne bhi nahi bera. Koi general women tohni padegi !!
Bhai tanne apni maa/gharaali/bebe taale mein bandh karke rakhni ho te raakh le, main to isse ulte kaam karu nahin ... pitna reh gaya.

sudeepdular
August 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Empowerment lessen the dependency on others, hence leads to the freedom….freedom from question to be asked, any bar or restriction to be put…any compulsion to follow the false belief or custom….means have the right to live your life as you wish without the interference of others….others who…..father, brother, and husband…..First the very idea that you give freedom or empowerment to let her do what she want its wrong…who are you to give anybody freedom… It is not given by anyone… It is her birthright… you only can love somebody & get loved, cooperate somebody or get cooperated….if any woman is determined to empower herself despite resistance or hurdle created by any men…sooner or later she will defy it & achieve what she wants…

Now on relationship perspective:

But troubled situation arises… if you don’t give freedom, you start suspecting your love & attitude; if you give freedom, which you don’t want to give happily, the ego is very jealous and it will raise a thousand and one questions: “Are you not enough for your lover or beloved, that she needs freedom or company — freedom from you to be with someone else?” It hurts, and that’s why you start feeling, “I am putting myself second.” I don’t want to go deep in household’s argument arising out of the heat of empowerment…. (That is very apparent in ekta kapoor serials.)

If your love itself has come to that quality that freedom is part of it, that your beloved need not even ask your permission.... In fact, if I m the subject in the situation and my beloved is asking my permission, I would be hurt. That means she does not trust my love. My love is freedom. I have loved her; that does not mean that I should close all doors and windows so she cannot laugh with somebody else, dance with somebody else, enjoy the company of somebody else...?

Its purely a chemistry…compatibility….& trust between two souls…that keep them going together till the end…off course life is not a fairytale….relationship requires adjustment, suppressing the ego over beloved’s happiness…

The more you empower the more independent you become, the more independent u are... You seek more individuality hence lead to ambition to achieve more solely for self vanity….

amritkharb
August 14th, 2009, 09:26 AM
women empowerment:
good thing: for a good hearted woman who brings people closer etc etc
Bad thing: for an evil minded woman who divides people, empower her and she will make people's lives miserable
let us think this in terms of good woman vs bad woman.
There are plenty of bad women out there. Give power to a bad woman and say alvida to your peace of mind.
:D

rajesh00
August 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Women themselves have to do it.men will never do it for them.

anilsinghd
August 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Fantasies and idealism running high ; ironical to say the least.

Nothing new though! :)

vineetaenator
August 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
dear friends

first of all i would like to say thoughts become things so we shd always think +ve :)
Its just ur perception how u look at things,if you would try to find out -ve points you will get only that;)

I appreciate all friends who said +ve points and think that way and would pray for those r not able to see +ve points this time .....one day they will understand that:)

one more thing i would like to say everything either its love,joy,happiness or job,money is abundant in this world... we just need to improve our self, look at sunny side of everything, be just as enthusiastic about the success of others(either its men or women) as you r about yrs ......life would become wonderful :) even more peaceful, even more happy:)

thx with regards
Vineeta

and trust her;

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...

kusumdhochak
August 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
The e-mail says things which are very true and quite prevalent.
And to Samar ji's comment " this post (the e-mail text) is purely a feminist crap pulled out to create the gap between genders":
well, to me it seems that it is only showing a gap which is already there and in fact encouraging people to close that gap..

anilsinghd
August 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I appreciate all friends who said +ve points and think that way and would pray for those r not able to see +ve points this time .....one day they will understand that:)

Welcome to JL.

Who are the guys that you think havea -ve points ? How do you define negative? (relative to your perception i guess !).

Anju , one more nice "fantasy related" word for you , and seems to have some action involved as well ;) , "PRAY" , better than hope and wish ;) Righto ?

vineetaenator
August 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM
dear friend

plz have a look on poll results .... you will get ur ans :)

Vineeta

Welcome to JL.

Who are the guys that you think havea -ve points ? How do you define negative? (relative to your perception i guess !).

Anju , one more nice "fantasy related" word for you , and seems to have some action involved as well ;) , "PRAY" , better than hope and wish ;) Righto ?

anilsinghd
August 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
dear friend

plz have a look on poll results .... you will get ur ans :)

Vineeta

Dear Friend,

When i click on the poll result , I get Yes : 5 , No as 9 , cant say : 2 , this post is waste : 8 , no names though!
Am i missing something ? :(

In any case i asked for your opinion / perception.

:)

Thanks,
Anil

annch
August 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Anil,
Pray, hope, wish....they are all the same-INACTIVE!!!!

sudeepdular
August 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Welcome to JL.

Ohhh… Arth shastri or lal bahadur shastri…..can u define what is positive then….now from looking at your photo you look not less then 35 year old…and statistic or fact may say otherwise….who do I trust …your statistics or my perception…..:rolleyes:

Do you think there are more problems than the solution by women empowerment?

According to poll result: 10 says against the statement, 6 in favor, 2 cant say & according to 8 this post is waste.( I appreciate those one)

Now 10 says NO in response of a negative question (sentence) asked. Hope most of the person see problem (more problems) as negative except Deepak chopra or some enlightened souls even sudipacharya think problems are opportunities. Now you multiply two minus it become plus means positive. Now you must have understood Vineeta’s response when she says about positive response.

Now if questioned would have phrased in other way...Do you think there is no problem by women empowerment?

Now how will you interprets the answer….all the previous NO becomes Yes now.

Now don’t run your horses of permutation & combination…let them rest they seems very tired. You will not get entry in disco next time too….rest…rejuvenates for some time in spa…

I will give you more nice “fantasy related” word soon…..keep your finger crossed….

One’s pathetic appearance (physical) always contradicts with one’s own virtue… - Shree Shree Sudipacharya. (Great philosopher of early 21 century) ;)

rohitmalik8
August 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM

and trust her;

Please appreciate "HER"

I hope you will do...

Sir Ji,

Just wanted to know why all appreciation goes to women only? Its not just women who work, men also work hard for their carrier (infact nowadays we can see clearly the edge given to girls in almost all the fields compared to men; so more hard work for men).

Only women don't leave their homes, its men also. Again in today's world there are more n more nuclear families and men and women get equal chance to meet their parents.

Only women don't work in kitchen. If women is working men have to do thier share of house chores else you know the big fight....;) (Main kamati hun, main kaam nai karungi, though men never say this thing that I earn so I wont take you out to women).

If women are mothers, sisters, wives, etc... then men also are fathers, brothers, husbands (but I never have never seen or heard such good things about men and why??? I dont know)

In which world is the writer of that mail living? Its long time back when women were treated like servants.

If men work 15 hours a day, its nothing but if a women work 15 hours a day, different knid of mails start coming look how much she is working.

If 100 men clear IAS, IITs, IIMs exams thats no news but if even a single girl come even in top 1000, thats breaking news.

If men shout on or hit women, 100s of organisations comes forward to rescue her but if women hit men, men is wrong.

Women want empowerement, equality in every field but want a separte queue in railway station counter, separate quota in LS everything separte.

Last but not least, I am not against women empowerment, but I am against special treatment given to them. When men 1st started working nobody was there to treat them nicely or show them the path. Let women also do that. I will never stop them to do something. Its equal world, women are equal and so please show them equality.

PS: These are my personal views and are not meant to hear anybody's sentiments especially girls. :rolleyes:

brahmtewatia
August 18th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Sir Ji,

Just wanted to know why all appreciation goes to women only?

folks (esp. vijay, jit, aatish, seema) may note that my previous post was an email forward.

p.s. : not my views

vicky84
August 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM
p.s. : not my views

Waiting for your views...

brahmtewatia
August 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Waiting for your views...ahahaha atish, let me refrain here nd allow female of the species merry around nd feel happy, cos the range of variation in the female far exceeds the range of variation in the male. think of the female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs, but no one remembers her on mother's day...

... for,

if particular care nd attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, nd will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in wch we/they have no voice or representation.

... guess, no harm ? isn't it.

anilsinghd
August 18th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Ohhh… Arth shastri or lal bahadur shastri…..can u define what is positive then….now from looking at your photo you look not less then 35 year old…and statistic or fact may say otherwise….who do I trust …your statistics or my perception…..:rolleyes:

Do you think there are more problems than the solution by women empowerment?

According to poll result: 10 says against the statement, 6 in favor, 2 cant say & according to 8 this post is waste.( I appreciate those one)

Now 10 says NO in response of a negative question (sentence) asked. Hope most of the person see problem (more problems) as negative except Deepak chopra or some enlightened souls even sudipacharya think problems are opportunities. Now you multiply two minus it become plus means positive. Now you must have understood Vineeta’s response when she says about positive response.

Now if questioned would have phrased in other way...Do you think there is no problem by women empowerment?

Now how will you interprets the answer….all the previous NO becomes Yes now.

Now don’t run your horses of permutation & combination…let them rest they seems very tired. You will not get entry in disco next time too….rest…rejuvenates for some time in spa…

I will give you more nice “fantasy related” word soon…..keep your finger crossed….

One’s pathetic appearance (physical) always contradicts with one’s own virtue… - Shree Shree Sudipacharya. (Great philosopher of early 21 century) ;)

Neither did I ask you for anything , nor did I indirectly got you involved. Not sure why yu quoted me and replied to me.

I hope Vineeta Malik is not isomorphic to Sudeep Dular , so guess you need not reply.

As regards to your other comments , they are strictly uncalled for , better you stay away , perhaps you need more fancy words to understand?

@ Admins : I sincerely request you to please look into this , I guess people doing things which are none of their business and concerns are not appreciated.

Many thanks,
Anil

vineetaenator
August 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Dear friend Anil

Thx for asking my perception/opinion :) I guess this question

"Do you think there are more problems than the solution by women empowerment? "

could be asked in more +ve way like this

"Do u think women empowerment is a solution for better future of women/Family/society ?":)

wat u say ? have peace, happiness and joy :)

Vineeta....

Dear Friend,

When i click on the poll result , I get Yes : 5 , No as 9 , cant say : 2 , this post is waste : 8 , no names though!
Am i missing something ? :(

In any case i asked for your opinion / perception.

Thanks,
Anil

anilsinghd
August 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Dear friend Anil

Thx for asking my perception/opinion :) I guess this question

"Do you think there are more problems than the solution by women empowerment? "

couin more +ve way like this

"Do u think women empowerment is a solution for better future of women/Family/society ?":)

wat u say ? have peace, happiness and joy :)

Vineeta....

Thank you for your response , appreciate that! :)

Samarkadian
August 19th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Royal tragedy of our modern popular culture, which thrives on plausible linguistic deciet; is that men and women are being brainwashed/conditioned by society/media to misunderstand each other's natural roles and priorities and that too classicaly.

sudeepdular
August 19th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Royal tragedy of our modern popular culture, which thrives on plausible liguistic deciet; is that men and women are being brainwashed/conditioned by society/media to misunderstand each other's natural roles and priorities and that too classicaly.

Hahahaa.... i digged your underlying essence :)

dskadyan
August 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hi EveryBody,

Women were already powerful. This Empowerment is reducing that power.

1. Ladies First --- Things of Past.
2. Home Owner -- How come she is not at home.
3. First Word of Child "Ma" -- No way she is not with baby when the time came.
4. She can manage Work and home both ---- Jadugar hai.

Good News
1. She Earns -- Double the income.
2. She Works -- Ghar Mein Shanti.
3. She Get a Job -- Atlast one more man deprived of Job so now one more house below poverty.
4. She Got Promotion -- Now she transferred ,Husband wife in diff cities, Population under control now,.

brahmtewatia
August 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hi EveryBody,

Women were already powerful. This Empowerment is reducing that power.

1. Ladies First --- Things of Past.
2. Home Owner -- How come she is not at home.
3. First Word of Child "Ma" -- No way she is not with baby when the time came.
4. She can manage Work and home both ---- Jadugar hai.

Good News
1. She Earns -- Double the income.
2. She Works -- Ghar Mein Shanti.
3. She Get a Job -- Atlast one more man deprived of Job so now one more house below poverty.
4. She Got Promotion -- Now she transferred ,Husband wife in diff cities, Population under control now,.most importantly... the divorce cases are now on increase in india... a harsh reality ! (pls. add this in yr list)

################################################## ######

1. Marriage to a successful techie, beginning a new life in a new city - it seemed like a beautiful dream for Poonam Nath. But within a year, everything turned bitter and the couple separated. Poonam is not alone.

2. "Now, I am staying alone and have managed to get a job in a BPO and am earning my livelihood," said Poonam, 23, who belongs to Kolkata. Her name has been changed on request.

3. Arvind Kumar is in the same situation. He was divorced recently and his wife has moved back with her parents, who stay in Kochi.

4. "I keep myself busy at work. Now work is my life, as I have nothing else except for work," rued Kumar, 30, a content writer with a city firm.

"Rise in divorce cases is a worrying statistic. When a couple decides to get divorced, many lives are affected, especially if they have any children,". "There are reasons galore for the rise in divorce cases. Urbanisation and increasing violence against women and financial stability of both husband and wife, to name a few,"

5. "Today's empowered women are refusing to follow the traditional diktats of Indian marriages. Marriage is the biggest form of displacement for any woman as she has to shift from her home (natural habitat) to her husband's home. "It is the wife who is supposed to adjust. But today's financially strong women are not ready to take undue pressure on their individual existence and thus marital discords are bound to increase,".

6. "The couples do not try to work out the marriage as they are confident they can lead a life independently as both are financially stable," he said.

7. Psychiatrists are of the view that with stress and long working hours with little time for each other, couples drift apart and end up being separated.

vicky84
August 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM
ahahaha atish, let me refrain here nd allow female of the species merry around nd feel happy, cos the range of variation in the female far exceeds the range of variation in the male. think of the female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs, but no one remembers her on mother's day...

... for,

if particular care nd attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, nd will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in wch we/they have no voice or representation.

... guess, no harm ? isn't it.

No harm Brahm ji. After all patience is a virtue.

vineetaenator
August 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Dear Brahm Ji

Don't u think both the partners r equal responsible for divorce?

don't you think traditional diktats of Indian marriages were developed by only male dominating society and now they shd change with the time?

Don't you think women r also equal to man? if ur ans is yes then tell me does any man ready to take undue pressure on their individual existence then y expect this from women?

if u r talking about increase in divorce rate now a days then previous time then plz have a u look openmindedly you will understand max so called successful marriages specially in india r just to show off,for the sake of society, because of childrens or financially dependency or it could be any reason . "Rishte dhone aur dil se nibhane mai bahut phark hota hai" :)

I guess all those problems as mentioned in above post too r just because lack of mutual understanding b/w the couples.Any marriage only get successful if both partners r like minded, they love each others respect each other views and handle all the challenges in life with mutual understanding. all these things can happens only when both the partners r willing. No relation in this world can run smoothly if these basic things r missing. :)

thx with regards
Vineeta

most importantly... the divorce cases are now on increase in india... a harsh reality ! (pls. add this in yr list)

################################################## ######

1. Marriage to a successful techie, beginning a new life in a new city - it seemed like a beautiful dream for Poonam Nath. But within a year, everything turned bitter and the couple separated. Poonam is not alone.

2. "Now, I am staying alone and have managed to get a job in a BPO and am earning my livelihood," said Poonam, 23, who belongs to Kolkata. Her name has been changed on request.

3. Arvind Kumar is in the same situation. He was divorced recently and his wife has moved back with her parents, who stay in Kochi.

4. "I keep myself busy at work. Now work is my life, as I have nothing else except for work," rued Kumar, 30, a content writer with a city firm.

"Rise in divorce cases is a worrying statistic. When a couple decides to get divorced, many lives are affected, especially if they have any children,". "There are reasons galore for the rise in divorce cases. Urbanisation and increasing violence against women and financial stability of both husband and wife, to name a few,"

5. "Today's empowered women are refusing to follow the traditional diktats of Indian marriages. Marriage is the biggest form of displacement for any woman as she has to shift from her home (natural habitat) to her husband's home. "It is the wife who is supposed to adjust. But today's financially strong women are not ready to take undue pressure on their individual existence and thus marital discords are bound to increase,".

6. "The couples do not try to work out the marriage as they are confident they can lead a life independently as both are financially stable," he said.

7. Psychiatrists are of the view that with stress and long working hours with little time for each other, couples drift apart and end up being separated.

rohitmalik8
August 19th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dear Brahm Ji

don't you think traditional diktats of Indian marriages were developed by only male dominating society and now they shd change with the time?

Don't you think women r also equal to man? if ur ans is yes then tell me does any man ready to take undue pressure on their individual existence then y expect this from women?

if u r talking about increase in divorce rate now a days then previous time then plz have a u look openmindedly you will understand max so called successful marriages specially in india r just to show off,for the sake of society, because of childrens or financially dependency or it could be any reason . "Rishte dhone aur dil se nibhane mai bahut phark hota hai" :)

I guess all those problems as mentioned in above post too r just because lack of mutual understanding b/w the couples.Any marriage only get successful if both partners r like minded, they love each others respect each other views and handle all the challenges in life with mutual understanding. all these things can happens only when both the partners r willing. No relation in this world can run smoothly if these basic things r missing. :)

thx with regards
Vineeta

Dear Vineeta Bahan,

I would like to give you an real life example. Its about one of my friend's bua!!! They are bengali and living in Kolkata. Let me call the lady (Bua) as Miss X.

Miss X married a guy named Mr Y. Miss X was given the freedom to choose her life partner by her parents so he chose Mr Y. Miss X was working in a BPO while Mr Y was having own business of Taxis and Trucks. In the intial stage of their marriage (2 years) everything was fine but after that somehow Mr Y's business started going down. So basically now Miss X is the sole earner of the household. Though Mr Y had got so much money that for next 10-20 years nobody has to earn for them. But Miss X wanted to do job and her husband gladly accepted it. After sometime she started coming late and when her husband asked her she always told that because of her office work she came late.

After sometime she started coming late and that too drunk. This started fight between them. In the mean time they had a baby and the husband took care of him. (Though he was also trying to take his business back on track). After that Miss X started coming late night or not at all to her home. If somebody (husband or in-laws) asked any questions she started abusing them and saying "Main kamati hun, jo marzi karun, tum kaun ho bolne wale". After sometime husband got to know she was having an affair somewhere else. He tried his level best to get back her but in vain. I know the last part because I know both of them personally and the husband called me to talk to Miss X. But Miss X kept on saying that she wanted a divorce and she dont want the child either. Now they are fighting the case in court.

This example shows that you can not blame only men for a broken relation. Sometimes women are equally responsible. Its not only yours but 95% of world's mentality that if something goes wrong in life its only because of men. Please have an open mind here. Taali 1 haath se nai bajti n aaj ke zamane mein to bilkul nai.

To be cont....

rohitmalik8
August 19th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Cont....

Please try to understand, I am not against women here, I am very much happy with women working as hard as men in every aspect of life. and even more in some aspects. But I am against those people who always blame men for everything. I am against those people who go out of the way to praise the women's accomplishements.

e.g. every year we read in newspapers or in TV Breaking News:

CBSE Result Out. Ladkiyon ne fir ladko ko pachada.

But you never see that kind of news when result of IIT or CAT is out and the number of boys clearing those exams are much more than girls. e.g.

Breaking News: CAT Result Out. Ladkon ne fir ladkiyon ko pachada.

Aakhir kyon??? It means they are creating a difference between men and women.

Last n not least if you believe in equality, treat men and women equal. Dont blame men for every minor thing that goes bad and dont praise girl for every minor thing that goes well.

PS: Forget about past, about that male dominating society, that was way back when you and me were not born. If you remember the past, you will always see the bad side of men. Same goes for men also, forget about past when women worked like donkey in house. If you remember that you can never treat women equally and that will always trigger these kind of threads everywhere.

These are my personal views and are not intended to hurt anybody's feelings. If I unintentionally hurt somebody's feelings then please forgive me.

vineetaenator
August 19th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Dear Rohit bhai

I haven't blamed man at all ......I was just talking about the increase of divorce rate because of women empowerment is wrong statement....rest of things were said in reference of brahma ji's point no.5. Don't take it personally......I said if divorce happened in most of the cases both partners r equally responsible....here m not taking references of exceptions where any one partner is extremly gud and another is extremly bad....as u have given eg. m talking in generalised way....this world is full with every type of ppl either its man or women.......so there is no point to say who is gud or bad or always rite or wrong ...... all these r relative terms :)

as u said "I am against those people who go out of the way to praise the women's accomplishements.

CBSE Result Out. Ladkiyon ne fir ladko ko pachada."

Don't feel bad about those praise its just because till date there r so many areas where girl's primary education is a really big thing , they are not creating a difference between men and women at all .Its just ur perseption :)so take it +vely :)

have peace,happiness and joy

Vineeta

Cont....

Please try to understand, I am not against women here, I am very much happy with women working as hard as men in every aspect of life. and even more in some aspects. But I am against those people who always blame men for everything. I am against those people who go out of the way to praise the women's accomplishements.

CBSE Result Out. Ladkiyon ne fir ladko ko pachada.

But you never see that kind of news when result of IIT or CAT is out and the number of boys clearing those exams are much more than girls. e.g.

Breaking News: CAT Result Out. Ladkon ne fir ladkiyon ko pachada.

Aakhir kyon??? It means they are creating a difference between men and women.

Last n not least if you believe in equality, treat men and women equal. Dont blame men for every minor thing that goes bad and dont praise girl for every minor thing that goes well.

PS: Forget about past, about that male dominating society, that was way back when you and me were not born. If you remember the past, you will always see the bad side of men. Same goes for men also, forget about past when women worked like donkey in house. If you remember that you can never treat women equally and that will always trigger these kind of threads everywhere.

These are my personal views and are not intended to hurt anybody's feelings. If I unintentionally hurt somebody's feelings then please forgive me.

brahmtewatia
August 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Dear Brahm Ji

thx with regards
Vineeta

dear vineeta,

at the outset let me welcum you onboard JATship enterprise, as i appreciate yr sensible nd rational active participation.

now tht I’m dragged into the conversation let me be precise as to what my stand is on the issue nd tht will answer all yr concerns. although, right frm the word go i’ve been hopping on two extremes wch started with my 1st post wch was an email forward. period !

yes i want women empowerment… it’s the call of the day nd there are more solutions to it rather then the after-effects. it has traditionally been accepted tht the thread of family weaves the fabric of indian society. women are considered as the hub center of the family…in childhood a female must be subject to her father, in youth to her husband, when her lord is dead to her sons... in fact a woman must never be independent. to cut the matter short, in almost all societies through history, women have occupied secondary position vis-a-vis men… nd bla bla bla. period !.

things have now changed nd obviously for better reasons. now is the urban age nd women along with men are here to make an impact, let's not ignore them, let's listen nd prioritize them. empowerment of women is a gradual nd complicated process. it involves changing the way of thinking of the whole society… easy said then done… but “yes” india is moving towards it. in one of my close circle - a female, a jat nd principal of a college, has stood the test of time. she made it nd stood bold nd tall, cos she was educated nd empowered. or else, her voice wud have been subdued down in the chakki of Indian household.

after-effects are always going to be there nd you cannot negate their existence... tht happens to be true for any evolving society. cannot elaborate any further (time constraints today), but i guess you got the essence of my opinion.

also refer to my views aired earlier on JATland radio 96.42 fm on rising divorce cases >>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=171447&postcount=4
here is the extract as well...
i dont know wats the opinion of others, but i feel tht one of the major reason is the awakening of females in india. despite of the fact tht we still hear the headlines abt atrocities on females, female infanticide, sati, sexual harassment, PM'ing :p:D and many more...the fact hwever remains tht there has bn a marked improvement in the awareness among the females...having said so, i must confess tht i'm talking abt urban females, nd here only u'll c the rise in the cases of divorce.

many ppl can blame it on breakdown of families, the loss of family values and the influence of the west. but to me, the rising rate of divorces is a trend to celebrate. it is the single best statistical indicator we have of the empowerment of women. rising divorce rates tell us one thing for sure...that more and more women are finding the ways, the means, and the independence, to walk out of bad marriages and live life on their own terms. if we judge ourselves as a society on the state of our women (and surely that must be a parameter) then this is good news. we do not need to credit either feminism or western culture for this.

p.s. : lets remember female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs, but no one (hitherto) remembered her on mother's day :).

rohitmalik8
August 19th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Dear Rohit bhai

I haven't blamed man at all ......I was just talking about the increase of divorce rate because of women empowerment is wrong statement....rest of things were said in reference of brahma ji's point no.5. Don't take it personally......I said if divorce happened in most of the cases both partners r equally responsible....here m not taking references of exceptions where any one partner is extremly gud and another is extremly bad....as u have given eg. m talking in generalised way....this world is full with every type of ppl either its man or women.......so there is no point to say who is gud or bad or always rite or wrong ...... all these r relative terms :)

as u said "I am against those people who go out of the way to praise the women's accomplishements.

CBSE Result Out. Ladkiyon ne fir ladko ko pachada."

Don't feel bad about those praise its just because till date there r so many areas where girl's primary education is a really big thing , they are not creating a difference between men and women at all .Its just ur perseption :)so take it +vely :)

have peace,happiness and joy

Vineeta
No Offenece Taken Bahna!!!

akshaymalik84
August 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
There are basically five levels of the women's empowerment framework, namely- welfare, access, conscientisation, mobilisation and control.

Welfare means an improvement in socio-economic status, such as improved nutritional status, shelter or income, which is the zero level of empowerment, where women are the passive recipients of benefits that are 'given' from on high.

Access to resources and services stands for the first level of empowerment, since women improve their own status, relative to men, by their own work and organisation arising from increased access to resources and services.

Conscientisation is defined as the process, by which women collectively urge to act to remove one or more of the discriminatory practices that impede their access to resources. Here, women form groups to understand the underlying causes of their problems and to identify strategies for action for gender equity.

Mobilisation is the action level of empowerment by forging links with the larger women's movement, to learn from the successes of women's similar strategic action elsewhere and to connect with the wider struggle.

Control is the level of empowerment when women have taken action so that there is gender equality in decisions making over access to resources, so that women achieve direct control over their access to resources.

But one needs to understand that these five levels of women’s empowerment are not really a linear progression but helical and circular along with being interconnected. The empowerment occurs when women achieve increased control and participation in decision making that leads to their better access to resources, and therefore, improved socio-economic status.

I wonder if Divorce increases the socio-economic status.

VJ
August 19th, 2009, 05:15 PM
There are basically five levels of the women's empowerment framework, namely- welfare, access, conscientisation, mobilisation and control.

Welfare means an improvement in socio-economic status, such as improved nutritional status, shelter or income, which is the zero level of empowerment, where women are the passive recipients of benefits that are 'given' from on high.

Access to resources and services stands for the first level of empowerment, since women improve their own status, relative to men, by their own work and organisation arising from increased access to resources and services.

Conscientisation is defined as the process, by which women collectively urge to act to remove one or more of the discriminatory practices that impede their access to resources. Here, women form groups to understand the underlying causes of their problems and to identify strategies for action for gender equity.

Mobilisation is the action level of empowerment by forging links with the larger women's movement, to learn from the successes of women's similar strategic action elsewhere and to connect with the wider struggle.

Control is the level of empowerment when women have taken action so that there is gender equality in decisions making over access to resources, so that women achieve direct control over their access to resources.

But one needs to understand that these five levels of women’s empowerment are not really a linear progression but helical and circular along with being interconnected. The empowerment occurs when women achieve increased control and participation in decision making that leads to their better access to resources, and therefore, improved socio-economic status.

Yu ib tai ka sabteh number ek post tha.....is post tai 10/10 number......:rock

Bahut badiya......Bhaiya.....

annch
August 19th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Akshay,
A great post.
Could you elaborate on your thought in quotes, thanks.

akshaymalik84
August 19th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Akshay,
A great post.
Could you elaborate on your thought in quotes, thanks.

hmmm....people Now a days evaluate their relationship in terms of cost and benefits.How good the marrige is depends on person's satisfaction with his or her share of reward and cost.People behaves in a way that maximaize their benefits and limit their cost.
Everything is commercialised now a days even the marriage. And some of us thinks that being broad minded and wishing freedom from any relationship shows their status.

vicky84
August 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM
hmmm....people Now a days evaluate their relationship in terms of cost and benefits.How good the marrige is depends on person's satisfaction with his or her share of reward and cost.People behaves in a way that maximaize their benefits and limit their cost.
Everything is commercialised now a days even the marriage. And some of us thinks that being broad minded and wishing freedom from any relationship shows their status.

Bang....

Right on the money mate.

sudeepdular
August 20th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Dear Vineeta Bahan,

I would like to give you an real life example. Its about one of my friend's bua!!! They are bengali and living in Kolkata. Let me call the lady (Bua) as Miss X.

Miss X married a guy named Mr Y. Miss X was given the freedom to choose her life partner by her parents so he chose Mr Y. Miss X was working in a BPO while Mr Y was having own business of Taxis and Trucks. In the intial stage of their marriage (2 years) everything was fine but after that somehow Mr Y's business started going down. So basically now Miss X is the sole earner of the household. Though Mr Y had got so much money that for next 10-20 years nobody has to earn for them. But Miss X wanted to do job and her husband gladly accepted it. After sometime she started coming late and when her husband asked her she always told that because of her office work she came late.

After sometime she started coming late and that too drunk. This started fight between them. In the mean time they had a baby and the husband took care of him. (Though he was also trying to take his business back on track). After that Miss X started coming late night or not at all to her home. If somebody (husband or in-laws) asked any questions she started abusing them and saying "Main kamati hun, jo marzi karun, tum kaun ho bolne wale". After sometime husband got to know she was having an affair somewhere else. He tried his level best to get back her but in vain. I know the last part because I know both of them personally and the husband called me to talk to Miss X. But Miss X kept on saying that she wanted a divorce and she dont want the child either. Now they are fighting the case in court.

This example shows that you can not blame only men for a broken relation. Sometimes women are equally responsible. Its not only yours but 95% of world's mentality that if something goes wrong in life its only because of men. Please have an open mind here. Taali 1 haath se nai bajti n aaj ke zamane mein to bilkul nai.

To be cont....

She is not to blame at all....its her choice to live the life elsewhere if she has found her husband incompetent.....that love has lost its charm....you don’t speak up against men’s who has two wives.....and poke their nose elsewhere....if Mr. Y has guts kick that Ms X out from his life....and search elsewhere.... Compromise (widely misused) is a nice word if there is a slight possibility to revive a lost love....

annch
August 20th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Sudeep,
If you have a grievance against a person, it would be nice if you could voice it without resorting to the very thing you have a grievance against.
Don't you think we can credit you with much better thoughts and words than the ones in this post? You are definitely not an imbecile.

To say the least…I didn't expect such a mediocre (स्तरहीन) reply from you....highly noninflammable...

Mr. Dalal can you throw some dim light (0 watt) when, where, how should I reply...

Or should I restrict myself to reply only those quotes which directs at me…..
You must be knowing this is a public site I am free to choose any post, anybody’s quote whosoever I find to be replied. It seems u never reply to any post here unless it’s direct at you…

Now don’t act like a 16 year old juvenile who runs after mommy for each n everything….mods are not devoid of senses….they knows their roles…

We used to have bullies assistant in schools where bully says to his lullu to fetch something and he fetch ….when he says throw some fire crackers in opp. Camps...he throws & run away…& when someone beat that Lullu…he cries…

I have noticed several times u just fuel the discussion Unnecessarily by your indirect derogatory remarks & run away quietly, then become mute spectator. The best characteristic of Lullu...

Poor Lullu…:tamatar

sudeepdular
August 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Sudeep,
If you have a grievance against a person, it would be nice if you could voice it without resorting to the very thing you have a grievance against.
Don't you think we can credit you with much better thoughts and words that the ones in this post? You are definitely not an imbecile.

I believe you are not imbecile too.... :) How many times have you noticed NOT SO BETTER words in others posts.....just because the person against him i wrote something in my own way included in your friends list boost ur impulse to write in his favor......ohh poor Lullu has got his bully lady friend coming out in his support.....appreciated your concern lady (समाज सुधारक).....:)

Now you brand me imbecile i will have the last laugh....Jurman mambo jumbo....

annch
August 20th, 2009, 06:50 AM
My friend does not need my support. Its his decency that stops him from replying to the post or reverting in the same tone as yours.
Still, you are welcome to your opinion.

I believe you are not imbecile too.... :) How many times have you noticed NOT SO BETTER words in others posts.....just because the person against him i wrote something in my own way included in your friends list boost ur impulse to write in his favor......ohh poor Lullu has got his bully lady friend coming out in his support.....appreciated your concern lady.....:)

sudeepdular
August 20th, 2009, 07:02 AM
My friend does not need my support. Its his decency that stops him from replying to the post or reverting in the same tone as yours.
Still, you are welcome to your opinion.

भय बिन प्रीत नहीं.....I didn't see him so much decent in past. Where he replied to our fellow lady member’s quote with frowning face....good, now he is decent....though i have no grudge against him.....he is as nice as others...jst that how one behave a particular given point of time...

No reservation

annch
August 20th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Sudeep, this thread is about Women empowerment. We must give credit to the lady in question to handle reply in her own way if she had found anything objectionable.
If two wrongs can make a right, then as you please...
Take care

भय बिन प्रीत नहीं.....I didn't see him so much decent in past. Where he replied to our fellow lady member’s quote with frowning face....good, now he is decent....though i have no grudge against him.....he is as nice as others...jst that how one behave a particular given point of time...

No reservation

yudhvirmor
August 20th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I may be very late to comments on this now.. I personally feel that enequality and imbalance are necessary for all societeis. If Men will start doing everything or Women will start managing all its affairs then we may not need each other..

I think concept of interdependence must stay.. Its like give and take though not with a perfect harmony..
I can give numerous examples where couples with same callibere often ended with divorce..
Woman empowerement is right but what matters is what effect it has on social strucutre..

sudeepdular
August 20th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Sudeep, this thread is about Women empowerment. We must give credit to the lady in question to handle reply in her own way if she had found anything objectionable.
If two wrongs can make a right, then as you please...
Take care

Bt Anju....dont you guys think you pay some respect toward mens who are supportive in their empowerment......:D in direct means or another....or you women folks want to complete the journey of life without their support.. ekla chalo re.......seems to be the mantra of todays women.....i need to revise my statement on women empowerment now....:D

annch
August 20th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Yes, I agree with you. However, your reaction to my post negates it.

Bt Anju....dont you guys think you pay some respect toward mens who are supportive in their empowerment......:D in direct means or another....or you women folks want to complete the journey of life without their support.. ekla chalo re.......seems to be the mantra of todays women.....i need to revise my statement on women empowerment now....:D

sudeepdular
August 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yes, I agree with you. However, your reaction to my post negates it.

Anju....You should have digged up underlying humour rather than negation....Be positvie...:)

If you guys want to go alone then..हमारा हाथ, जगन्नाथ ! no option left...

Let’s stand united for women empowerment….. "नारी स्वतंत्रता हमारा अधिकार है पुरुषों के चंगुल से छुड़ने में ही हमारा उद्धार है." :rock

टिप्पणी : कृपया हास्य को व्यंग्य बाण न समझें!
शुभ चिन्तक - श्री श्री सुदीपाचार्य

vicky84
August 20th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Dear Brahm Ji

thx with regards
Vineeta

Dear Vineeta,

I am not married yet but from my little knowledge and thoughts i would like to answer your
questions.

Well i am not agree with you to some extent as it depends upon case to case. In some cases men
could be resposible and in others women could be responsible for the divorce. I don't want to
blame Women for this.

don't you think traditional diktats of Indian marriages were developed by only male dominating
society and now they shd change with the time?

Well Vineeta, things have already changed in the most of Urban areas, and are pending in rural
ones(But change is under way).

Don't you think women r also equal to man? if ur ans is yes then tell me does any man ready to
take undue pressure on their individual existence then y expect this from women?

Yes women are also eqaul to men.Things have changed now but the only difference is people
thinking has not been changed with the same pace.And it applies to both men and women.

successful marriages specially in india r just to show off,for the sake of society, because of
childrens or financially dependency or it could be any reason . "Rishte dhone aur dil se
nibhane mai bahut phark hota hai"

Best answer to this is the post from Akshay Malik.
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=221343&postcount=62

I guess all those problems as mentioned in above post too r just because lack of mutual
understanding b/w the couples

Not agree with you. Everyone knows what is going on unless there is a Dumb case.

Any marriage only get successful if both partners r like minded, they love each others respect
each other views and handle all the challenges in life with mutual understanding.

Agree with you that both of the partners should love each other, respect each other. But,its
very rare to find the alter ego. You need to make compromises to make a marriage successful.
I am not a misogynist. Please don't get offended and sorry if i hurted you somehow or
rather.

rohitmalik8
August 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
She is not to blame at all....its her choice to live the life elsewhere if she has found her husband incompetent.....that love has lost its charm....you don’t speak up against men’s who has two wives.....and poke their nose elsewhere....if Mr. Y has guts kick that Ms X out from his life....and search elsewhere.... Compromise (widely misused) is a nice word if there is a slight possibility to revive a lost love....

Sudeep Sir,

You have questioned and answered in the same post. If you are saying that woman is not to be blamed, why are you picking up the noise against those men who have 2 wives and still looking for someone. Jahar thoda lo ya zyada baat 1 hi hai.

I am against this mentality. If women go/do wrong thats not wrong because so many men are doing same wrong things but when men go/do wrong everybody speak against him. Why this discrimination my friend?

Again I am in favor of equality and not any special treatement to men or to women. Treat them equally.

anilsinghd
August 20th, 2009, 04:14 PM
"Rise in divorce cases is a worrying statistic. When a couple decides to get divorced, many lives are affected, especially if they have any children,". "

When a couple does not get divorced even when they probably should ( as Vineeta pointed out that relationship should be like "dhona" etc ) , that is also a big pain and many a lives are affected.
I have put up this statement on JL a couple of times before as well that some years back I came across a news article which put the "forced" sex in marraiges in India at a very high level ( dont remember the actual number know , but was on the right side of 50 %)! That is disturbing to say the least and even otherwise growing up , I have seen female folks suffering a lot be casue of stupid things and the level of "can't do anything" emotion is very high and keeps on increasing with time. That not a human life to me , so in that scenario I would rather not look at the "Wrong" effects of divorce but infact advice separation.
( Also useful would be to remember this :
rahiman dhaga prem ka mat todo chat kaaye
toote se fir na jude , jude gaanth pari jaaye! )

5. "Today's empowered women are refusing to follow the traditional diktats of Indian marriages.

Every change involves a stiff resistance and ultimately some sort of equilibrium , guess the women empowerment in India in urban areas is in that same stage , in some time we will see happy acceptance of the similar things by the men folk who probably do not accept this fully at this point of time. Every generation sees itself as the most unfortunate :D , I am no exception , I very strongly believe that my generation is probably the one who will have the maximum pains of transition ( may it be going out with friends and managing parents at the same time , be it the love vs arrange marraige , be it the intercaste marraige , be it working in India or abroad , we are the people who will always be torn and thankfully our kids would be more global and more free in their choices :)).

Indeed a great post Akshay , and as you further elaborated in your next post , that people work to optimise their objective function ( maximising welfar e and minimising costs) , that is pretty much the essence of life.

People who do it consciously are called selfish but there are subtle actors as well and then there are those who probably themselves do not know and understand that most actions of theirs are actually driven by this objective function and their convenience! :)

kapdal
August 20th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I believe you are not imbecile too.... :) How many times have you noticed NOT SO BETTER words in others posts.....just because the person against him i wrote something in my own way included in your friends list boost ur impulse to write in his favor......ohh poor Lullu has got his bully lady friend coming out in his support.....appreciated your concern lady (समाज सुधारक).....:)

Re Sudeep tu har jagah seeng kyun uljhaave hai? Dekh bhai main pehle to bilkul prem se hi baat karoonga (Yeh waise bhi virtual world hai koi akhada nahin ke khamkha ka hanga dikhaya jaaye. Aur aade ghana hanga bhi woh dikhaate hain jinpe asli life mein buri ban rahi hoti hai.). Anju never called you an imbecile. She said "You are definitely not an imbecile"- to be read as appealing to the better side of you. And why do you have to attach motive to her "coming in support"? Didn't you yourself say a couple of posts back that it is an open forum and you are free to write to anyone on any post? Bhai tujhe jo likhna hai nidar hoke likh, as long as you are not making any personal attacks. Be as witty as you want, or sarcastic or whatever. As long as you are not making dirty personal comments. Posting a frown smiley and posting insane personal comments like lullu are in a different league altogether. Tujhe ismain bias nazar aata hai to kisi bhi neutral aadmi se boojh liye. Aur ab tu meri friend list bhi jaanch liye aur dekh liye ki Anjoo or Anil donon meri friend list mein hain. Par na bhi hote to main same baat kehta. Aur kai jagah keh bhi rakhi hai. There are several others who see such posts with disgust and consider it wise not to engage themselves in a muddle. But their reaction is also of disgust, even if it is silent disgust. I am sure you don't want people to ignore you. So why engage in such behavior when you have so many better things to offer? I hope you see this post in a positive light.

brahmtewatia
August 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
you are right kapil, the usage of the word was derogatory nd totally uncalled for. i hope sudipacharya will take yr/our concern +vely w/o making any further fuss over the matter. appreciate anil's stand of not replying any further.

akshaymalik84
August 20th, 2009, 09:50 PM
People who do it consciously are called selfish but there are subtle actors as well and then there are those who probably themselves do not know and understand that most actions of theirs are actually driven by this objective function and their convenience! :)

Rightly said Anil,.......but these actors and those who do not know, does know every thing but they never accept it.

sudeepdular
August 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Re Sudeep tu har jagah seeng kyun uljhaave hai? Dekh bhai main pehle to bilkul prem se hi baat karoonga (Yeh waise bhi virtual world hai koi akhada nahin ke khamkha ka hanga dikhaya jaaye. Aur aade ghana hanga bhi woh dikhaate hain jinpe asli life mein buri ban rahi hoti hai.). Anju never called you an imbecile. She said "You are definitely not an imbecile"- to be read as appealing to the better side of you. And why do you have to attach motive to her "coming in support"? Didn't you yourself say a couple of posts back that it is an open forum and you are free to write to anyone on any post? Bhai tujhe jo likhna hai nidar hoke likh, as long as you are not making any personal attacks. Be as witty as you want, or sarcastic or whatever. As long as you are not making dirty personal comments. Posting a frown smiley and posting insane personal comments like lullu are in a different league altogether. Tujhe ismain bias nazar aata hai to kisi bhi neutral aadmi se boojh liye. Aur ab tu meri friend list bhi jaanch liye aur dekh liye ki Anjoo or Anil donon meri friend list mein hain. Par na bhi hote to main same baat kehta. Aur kai jagah keh bhi rakhi hai. There are several others who see such posts with disgust and consider it wise not to engage themselves in a muddle. But their reaction is also of disgust, even if it is silent disgust. I am sure you don't want people to ignore you. So why engage in such behavior when you have so many better things to offer? I hope you see this post in a positive light.

काँटों से दामन उलझाना मेरी आदत है दिल में पराया दर्द बसाना मेरी आदत है, मेरा गला अगर कट जाए तो तुझ पर क्या इल्जाम, हर कातिल को गले लगाना मेरी आदत है......!

pahle to tu ke kaam kar tu mare se prem se baat mat kar....thik hai... Prem chopra ya Jeevan or madan puri or classic old khalnayak kanheya lal ke tarah baat kar...amrish puri bhi chelga... bhai personal life me bahut buri chal rahi hai...mera US visa atka hua hai...dec. me interview hai wish me good luck, saala beer ke bhav 60 se 85 rs. ho gaya hai kya karega garib aadmi, Tur daal bhi 90 rs. KG ho gayi hai...its expated to go up 140...lagi padi hai bhai buri tarah se apni to..... regarding anju's comment (highlited one) already been replied with same spirit as she had written...with reference to the second last highlighted qoute….who are they who transformed themselves from valmiki to tulsidas .....its good to see they are so conscious & careful about wht to write and not to indulge in Mud slugging (btw mud therapy is good for skin)...in a way i m contributing something positive here...:) In response of your last highlighted quote….Do you still think ppl can ignore me…???
I am not here for any charity…to preach or give lecture…and to offer so called better things…. What better things have you offered so far except expressing your own opinion…it was good or bad who are you to decide. Do you have any jury here…

BT I like the gang of yours guys… (anil, anju, kapil) I am excluding Brahm….he is senior member and respected elder to me…(until he proves otherwise).

So any strategy guys to counter something unforeseen,unprecedented…huh…. Bt I personally liked your gang…. (Cosmopolitan mixture of boys and girl) so diverse geographically too….

Kyon na hum charoo koi game khelen....lukaa chippi....nahi nahi cricket khelte hai...i will be on batting...anju will be wicket keeper, anil will be on deep leg...and you will be bowlling with 90 km per hour. and offcourse brahm will be our unbaised umpire....plz mods. ko bich me mat le ke aana...let them watch from the stadium. then i will take all of you on joyride....

You guys are rocing:rock….you are all sweetheart… kapil tere ko gussa bhi aata hai kya yaar…anju ko to aata hai… (She doesn’t even reply to my PM’s).. m heartbrokan now

BTW game theory & linear programming were my fev. topics.

sudeepdular
August 21st, 2009, 07:06 AM
you are right kapil, the usage of the word was derogatory nd totally uncalled for. i hope sudipacharya will take yr/our concern +vely w/o making any further fuss over the matter. appreciate anil's stand of not replying any further.

Kapil is always right, brahm. The usage of the word was derogatory nd uncalled for. Sudipacharya will take all this into account positively. Hope you are not biased :)

भवदीय!

श्री श्री सुदीपाचार्य

brahmtewatia
August 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
काँटों से दामन उलझाना मेरी आदत है दिल में पराया दर्द बसाना मेरी आदत है, मेरा गला अगर कट जाए तो तुझ पर क्या इल्जाम, हर कातिल को गले लगाना मेरी आदत है......!
bt i like the gang of yours guys… (anil, anju, kapil) i am excluding brahm….he is senior member and respected elder to me…(until he proves otherwise).
you guys are rocing:rock….you are all sweetheart.

kapil is always right, brahm. The usage of the word was derogatory nd uncalled for. Sudipacharya will take all this into account positively. Hope you are not biased :)
भवदीय!
श्री श्री सुदीपाचार्यश्री श्री सुदीपाचार्या जी, कांटो से दामन आप ज़रूर उलझाओ, पर ध्यान रखो की कोई उस से आहात ना हो. थैंक्स वन्स अगेन फॉर यौर स्पिरिट !
m also made of same flesh nd blood, so pardon me if i prove otherwise (i'll try not to). i can also assure you of 'no complaints' on behalf of the gang you mentioned... you'll always find them as per right expectations... guess me too shud keep my भाषण's in check now.

that's the spirit !!! Appreciated.

sudeepdular
August 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM
श्री श्री सुदीपाचार्या जी, कांटो से दामन आप ज़रूर उलझाओ, पर ध्यान रखो की कोई उस से आहात ना हो. थैंक्स वन्स अगेन फॉर यौर स्पिरिट !
m also made of same flesh nd blood, so pardon me if i prove otherwise (i'll try not to). i can also assure you of 'no complaints' on behalf of the gang you mentioned... you'll always find them as per right expectations... guess me too shud keep my भाषण's in check now.

Sun withdraws its rays from the earth in the evening; fisherman withdraws its fisherman net from ocean.
I withdraw my remarks….

kapdal
August 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
BTW game theory & linear programming were my fev. topics.

Sudeep, taking cognizance of your subsequent 2 replies to Brahm (and thanks for that), I would rather not respond to most of this post, but only on the bit on game theory. Since that is a favorite subject for you (nice choice by the way), I am sure you'd have appreciation for Prisoner's Dilemma and its non-zero sum payoffs. So let's not go for the sub-optimal Nash equilibrium by not cooperating and instead maximize the pay-offs from cooperation.

For those who may not know and are interested, prisoner's dilemma is a very interesting game theory concept with applications in real life. You can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma

sudeepdular
August 24th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Sudeep, taking cognizance of your subsequent 2 replies to Brahm (and thanks for that), I would rather not respond to most of this post, but only on the bit on game theory. Since that is a favorite subject for you (nice choice by the way), I am sure you'd have appreciation for Prisoner's Dilemma and its non-zero sum payoffs. So let's not go for the sub-optimal Nash equilibrium by not cooperating and instead maximize the pay-offs from cooperation.

For those who may not know and are interested, prisoner's dilemma is a very interesting game theory concept with applications in real life. You can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma

Yes, Kapil that’s why I didn’t want this game to end up on Zero sum where one’s gain is another’s loss. My Plus will always be another’s minus. 2 + -2 =0. Thanks guys for your cooperation, you all are fantastic players. Will play this game someday somewhere on another thread with good spirit….:)

shailendra
August 24th, 2009, 09:07 PM
LOL!... Very-mucho interesting! ;):rolleyes::cool:
Aare bhaiyee tae phaer phainally ude koye bhi chorra ya chorri 'empower-impuver' hoya kae naa...

choudharyneelam
August 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM

All beacuse of the type of choice of guy as described in Brahm Sir's copy pasted mail

Women are not to be blamed as its the lack of efficiency/qualities that makes the competition tough. Only deserving candidate gets the vacant seat.

This is all about mutual understanding. Both needs to understand n respect each other.

4. Men don't respect Women any more they treat them as competitor. (forget man stand up when a woman is standing in a bus now a days). Even women also don't respect men many times. Men also needs equal attention n value. Competition helps both to grow more but it should be healthy one.

Rest, for empowerment, women has to raise her voice herself.....nobody is going to express on her part n there r very few men who encourage d women to come up to their equal level.

kapdal
August 24th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Only deserving candidate gets the vacant seat.

That is not always necessary. Go to any business school and you'd see the fairer sex being favored by most recruiters, even when there may be more suitable male candidates. I am sure the same happens in recruitment for many white collar jobs. Not that women are to blame for this. It is just a natural move to equilibrium- lesser women at work places and lesser women in recruitment pools means there is a greater demand for them.

PS: Don't consider this as a stand against women empowerment, whatever it is supposed to mean on this thread.

anilsinghd
August 25th, 2009, 12:14 AM
That is not always necessary. Go to any business school and you'd see the fairer sex being favored by most recruiters, even when there may be more suitable male candidates. I am sure the same happens in recruitment for many white collar jobs. Not that women are to blame for this. It is just a natural move to equilibrium- lesser women at work places and lesser women in recruitment pools means there is a greater demand for them.

PS: Don't consider this as a stand against women empowerment, whatever it is supposed to mean on this thread.

Kapil , you missed the Day 0 at the IIT campuses :D ! DB comes to ma mind , you want to add ? :)

kapdal
August 25th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Kapil , you missed the Day 0 at the IIT campuses :D ! DB comes to ma mind , you want to add ? :)

Banks are probably the most notorious for that. There were some banks that apparently shortlisted all the girls of the batch. And then there were some who made it so obvious by shortlisting guys with names like Jeni and Kiran...:D

choudharyneelam
August 25th, 2009, 10:51 AM
That is not always necessary. Go to any business school and you'd see the fairer sex being favored by most recruiters.

I do agree but still unmein ye extra thing dekhi jaati hai....and everybody prefers the beauty+brain.....aapke paas looks nahin hain to why you getting jealous ;):p

When guys lose some opportunity which is grabbed by some best suitable girl then they try to point out these differences only....hehehe.....poor guys....Try your best....Good Luck!!

kapdal
August 25th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I do agree but still unmein ye extra thing dekhi jaati hai....and everybody prefers the beauty+brain.....aapke paas looks nahin hain to why you getting jealous ;):p

When guys lose some opportunity which is grabbed by some best suitable girl then they try to point out these differences only....hehehe.....poor guys....Try your best....Good Luck!!

Neelam, I don't think you got the point. We didn't send pictures with CVs. And hardly any girl had "Ms India" or even "Miss Chandigarh" on her CV. So no one knew who looked like what (unless you are saying all girls are beautiful and all guys are ugly). Though some girls did drop clever hints like "walked the ramp" at so and so fashion show. When you see a girl with B- resume being shortlisted over a guy with A+ resume, you know what is happening. And it becomes hilarious when a guy who didn't give himself half a chance for a day 0 shortlist got shortlisted because his name was a common girl name. Somehow, middle-aged executives with wives and kids, strongly prefer to have female interns and assistants. Ironically, the "female" advantage goes away when a female is doing the shortlist, but since men outnumber women significantly in workforce, this doesn't happen enough. Also note that I was not arguing about the right or wrong of it- we did find it absolutely wrong when we were at the receiving end- but now I can just put it down to "natural tendencies".

By the way, your "logic" as such would fly in the face of any demand for equality by womenfolk. If you can make a case for beauty in a job where it is neither required nor advantageous, then how'd you argue about "equal pay for equal work" in a job that actually requires brawn, such as construction?

vicky84
August 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Not agree with you..trend is reverse in white collar jobs...well you are right in saying that lesser women at work places and lesser women in recruitment pool..but that doesnt mean that there is a great demand for women..

choudharyneelam
August 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Neelam, I don't think you got the point. We didn't send pictures with CVs. And hardly any girl had "Ms India" or even "Miss Chandigarh" on her CV. So no one knew who looked like what (unless you are saying all girls are beautiful and all guys are ugly). Though some girls did drop clever hints like "walked the ramp" at so and so fashion show. When you see a girl with B- resume being shortlisted over a guy with A+ resume, you know what is happening. And it becomes hilarious when a guy who didn't give himself half a chance for a day 0 shortlist got shortlisted because his name was a common girl name. Somehow, middle-aged executives with wives and kids, strongly prefer to have female interns and assistants. Ironically, the "female" advantage goes away when a female is doing the shortlist, but since men outnumber women significantly in workforce, this doesn't happen enough. Also note that I was not arguing about the right or wrong of it- we did find it absolutely wrong when we were at the receiving end- but now I can just put it down to "natural tendencies".

By the way, your "logic" as such would fly in the face of any demand for equality by womenfolk. If you can make a case for beauty in a job where it is neither required nor advantageous, then how'd you argue about "equal pay for equal work" in a job that actually requires brawn, such as construction?

You r rite, normally people don't send the pic with resume...but nowadays, in reputed schools pics of ladies is required alongwith their CV...so wahan definitely boys ko struggle karna pad raha hai n they r getting frustrated.

I can't deny that a middle aged executive looks for female assitant at most places. But if you are going to make out the differences like that then let me also tell how guys enter into the jobs. They have good approaches with good amount of loan/ money taken from outside through which they enter into the govt. jobs (m not talking abt private sector)...they only have to do the formality of sitting in the written examination n rest of the work is all done. Thode chakkar kaatne padte hain, haath-pair jodne padte hain kisi ke aage...that's it.

That what you said about A+ and B type resume then I only want to tell it is not you who can mark the grade. HR is there to look into it n decide accordingly. One of my female cousin missed the promotion where she proved to be better as compared to the guy placed at her position just because of the threat of new vacancy as they were thinking she can leave the organisation any time after marriage (which was not yet decided). So, a girl also has to face these things at job.

kapdal
August 25th, 2009, 03:43 PM
You r rite, normally people don't send the pic with resume...but nowadays, in reputed schools pics of ladies is required alongwith their CV...so wahan definitely boys ko struggle karna pad raha hai n they r getting frustrated.

I can't deny that a middle aged executive looks for female assitant at most places. But if you are going to make out the differences like that then let me also tell how guys enter into the jobs. They have good approaches with good amount of loan/ money taken from outside through which they enter into the govt. jobs (m not talking abt private sector)...they only have to do the formality of sitting in the written examination n rest of the work is all done. Thode chakkar kaatne padte hain, haath-pair jodne padte hain kisi ke aage...that's it.

That what you said about A+ and B type resume then I only want to tell it is not you who can mark the grade. HR is there to look into it n decide accordingly. One of my female cousin missed the promotion where she proved to be better as compared to the guy placed at her position just because of the threat of new vacancy as they were thinking she can leave the organisation any time after marriage (which was not yet decided). So, a girl also has to face these things at job.

Neelam, I think you have assumed that I am against "womenfolk" or something like that. Let me clarify once again- I am not. I started with arguing against your one point that "only deserving candidate gets the vacant seat" with examples on how undeserving women get through at expense of men in many jobs. What you have given above are also examples against your own point of deserving getting the vacant seat. By the way, how is the bit about approach/money restricted to men, don't you think that women do that as well?

As for resumes, I would have easily seen over 1000 in my life. When you see so many, you will always compare. At B-school, we even had to grade them when we had to shortlist candidates for club selections or in our capacity as mentors to junior students. And then in our business here, we do the shortlist, the HR just does the operational work.

Women losing out on opportunities because of marriage, pregnancy, etc. is definitely true. That is why we have lesser women in the recrutiment pool.

By the way, which reputed schools are talking about? I think it would be rather against reputation to ask women to put their pics on CV for a management job!! I believe I have been to reasonably good schools and we never had this practise.

kapdal
August 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Not agree with you..trend is reverse in white collar jobs...well you are right in saying that lesser women at work places and lesser women in recruitment pool..but that doesnt mean that there is a great demand for women..

As you can see, I gave a reason alongside what I said. You may also want to elaborate on your reason rather than just registering your disagreement?

anilsinghd
August 25th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Let me clarify once again- I am not. I started with arguing against your one point that "only deserving candidate gets the vacant seat" with examples on how undeserving women get through at expense of men in many jobs. What you have given above are also examples against your own point of deserving getting the vacant seat. .

On the money.

Precisely the way discussions go beyond what they were started with and people actually forget what they were debating to start with! :)

On a lighter note , boys vs girls is always interesting , I side with Kapil :p

annch
August 25th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Off the top of my head, I can think of two reasons why a woman is preferred over a man for a job-

1) Lesser women at work force: Companies promote equal representation to gender, race, nationality, etc, as a way to differentiate from other companies in their annual reports.
2) Surveys indicate that a woman is payed less than a man for the same job.

Not very flattering for my gender, but hey, anything for empowerment!!

vicky84
August 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
As you can see, I gave a reason alongside what I said. You may also want to elaborate on your reason rather than just registering your disagreement?

Well there have been many initiatives from Government to support the Woman empowerment and hiring trend of course suggest the same.. but what if a woman goes on a maternity leave for 1 yr....

I have got a very good example to support that...One of my friend from India has moved to Sydney to replace a woman who is on maternity leave for 1 yr...and she also get paid for the same period of time...

For an employer this is a load on the payroll...isnt it...as well as load on the workforce...

What happens if an employer recruits a girl and chances of her getting married are really high...then she would either demand for relocation...or she would leave because of the curcumstances...

And if we look at the number of well paid jobs... lot of debates have been around on the issue that men are highly paid in compare to women....men get more promotions than women...

choudharyneelam
August 25th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Neelam, I think you have assumed that I am against "womenfolk" or something like that..
Haan kucch aisa hi laga tha....but now I think u r not so.

By the way, how is the bit about approach/money restricted to men, don't you think that women do that as well?.
Very very few cases as compared to guys

As for resumes, I would have easily seen over 1000 in my life. When you see so many, you will always compare. At B-school, we even had to grade them when we had to shortlist candidates for club selections or in our capacity as mentors to junior students. And then in our business here, we do the shortlist, the HR just does the operational work..
I agree

By the way, which reputed schools are talking about? I believe I have been to reasonably good schools and we never had this practise.
Now I don't remember the names of those two good schools.....one is in Delhi n other in Gurgaon for which I was about to apply but my plan was changed for some other job.

kapdal
August 25th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Now I don't remember the names of those two good schools.....one is in Delhi n other in Gurgaon for which I was about to apply but my plan was changed for some other job.

Oh, I think you are talking about admission to B-schools here (MDI probably). Admission form mein photo to har jagah chaahiye hota hai. I guess for admin. purposes. But I hope the professors are not deciding who to admit and who not to based on the photos...:D

I was talking about recruitment once you are in the B-school.

choudharyneelam
August 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Oh, I think you are talking about admission to B-schools here (MDI probably). Admission form mein photo to har jagah chaahiye hota hai. I guess for admin. purposes. But I hope the professors are not deciding who to admit and who not to based on the photos...:D

I was talking about recruitment once you are in the B-school.

You are such a cartoon..hehehe...let me tell u, I have completed my bachelors, B.Ed. n now masters also.....I was talking abt d job application.

Admission lene ke liye maine har jagah pics di hain.....I also know that it is mandatory....funny guy

Samarkadian
August 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Over thinking, over analysis, over proving/justifying is a good way to empower each other, You know, what I mean, heh?

deepshi
August 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
precisely......
Over thinking, over analysis, over proving/justifying is a good way to empower each other, You know, what I mean, heh?

sudeepdular
August 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Lakh rupiyee ke baat....i started using fewer words to save the time..:)

brahmtewatia
August 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
over thinking, over analysis, over proving/justifying is a good way to empower each other, you know, what i mean, heh?समर कादियान जी अमर रहें.

skarmveer
August 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
By the time the Lord made Woman, He was into his sixth day of working overtime.

An angel appeared and said,

'Why are you spending so much time on this one?'

And the Lord answered,

'Have you seen my spec sheet on her?
She has to be completely washable, but not plastic…
have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable…
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,

have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart…

heals herself when she is sick and can work 18 hour days…

and she will do everything with only 2 hands.'

The angel was astounded at the requirements.
'Only two hands? No way!

And that's just on the standard model?

That's too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish.'

'But I won't…' the Lord protested.

'I am so close to finishing this creation, that is so close to my own heart.'

The angel moved closer and touched the Woman.

'But you have made her so soft, Lord.'

'She is soft,' the Lord agreed,

'but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish.'

'Will she be able to think?' asked the angel.

The Lord replied,

'Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate.'

The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the Woman's cheek.

'Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one.'

'That's not a leak, but a tear!' the Lord corrected.

'What's the tear for?' the angel asked.

The Lord said,

'The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride.'

The angel was impressed.

'You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything! Woman is truly amazing.'

And She Is!

Women have strengths that amaze men.

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy,

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in.

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take 'no' for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without, so their family can have.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel,

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

They will drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have compassion and ideals.

They give moral support to their family and friends.

Women have vital things to say and everything to give.

The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ANY FLAW IN WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

kapdal
August 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
You are such a cartoon..hehehe...let me tell u, I have completed my bachelors, B.Ed. n now masters also.....I was talking abt d job application.

Admission lene ke liye maine har jagah pics di hain.....I also know that it is mandatory....funny guy

Not-so-funny madamji, I am not sure why you took offense...:). My inference was based on what you had said. I can still "justify" based on "analysis", par "over" ho jaayega...;). Samar ne meri aankhein khol di hain :). I will stop here before I am accused of dis-powering women. May the force be with you.

singhabhimanyu
August 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
that says all about this thread and the 'players'.... ha ha ha :D

rakeshsehrawat
August 26th, 2009, 03:39 PM
जो छोरी नौकरी करती हैं वो बेरोजगार लड़को से शादी क्यों नहीं करती ? उन बेरोजगारा का भला हो जायेगा अर छोरिया की एम्पावरमेंट भी :rock:rock:rock

Somveerd
August 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Well said rakesh. Now I am sure you will play a vital role in addressing the issue of Woman Empowerment.

जो छोरी नौकरी करती हैं वो बेरोजगार लड़को से शादी क्यों नहीं करती ? उन बेरोजगारा का भला हो जायेगा अर छोरिया की एम्पावरमेंट भी :rock:rock:rock

vineetaenator
August 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hello everyone :)

I have recently joined this community and was just going through the old post and noticed few heated, sarcastic arguments :( it’s really sad .anyone who has joined this group would definitely have some feelings and love for our community....so we shd respect each other’s views and talk with love, appreciative joy and friendliness.... and help each other so that we all can grow more and do something nice for our community :)I guess everyone is here for same purpose ...... we shd do healthy discussion … and prove our point logically without doing personal attack. Empowerment does not mean anyone get rite to misbehave with anyone. It’s just friendly suggestion.

vineetaenator
August 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM
kabhi lady doctor ko ward boy se shaadi karte suna hai:D jab ki hajaro kisse sune honge jab male doc nurse se shaadi kar lete hain:)

annch
August 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
That's what you think empowers? Funny, most of the people can't even do such an easy task!!!!:rolleyes:

anilsinghd
August 26th, 2009, 08:41 PM

Samar , can you also tell over thinking , analysis , proving/justifying of WHAT?

That's what you think empowers? Funny, most of the people can't even do such an easy task!!!!:rolleyes:

Prove karna itna asaan nahi hota Anju ji , prove ke liye general case ke liye true dikhana hota hai :D , I bet disprove karna hota to easy taks hota ! :rolleyes:

anilsinghd
August 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
kabhi lady doctor ko ward boy se shaadi karte suna hai:D jab ki hajaro kisse sune honge jab male doc nurse se shaadi kar lete hain:)

Vineeta , empowerment of women folk is also a new concept ( and its been put int place or at least in discussions becasue of the changing world), so the concept which you are saying also needs to be modified according to the situations , agree?

Thanks,
Anil

vineetaenator
August 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM
yes Anil very true :) even few days back we were discussing abt it too :) but possibility is very rare, may be in future it will happen frequently:D

Vineeta , empowerment of women folk is also a new concept ( and its been put int place or at least in discussions becasue of the changing world), so the concept which you are saying also needs to be modified according to the situations , agree?

Thanks,
Anil

annch
August 26th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Samarkadian
August 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Yes,it is sad infact, they[most of people] are incapable of looking the light in the words of rarest of rare Jat Prophets incarnated to empower 'easily'. Kindly keep the torch burning. No? ;)

Samar , can you also tell over thinking , analysis , proving/justifying of WHAT?

Mathematics, most 'probably'.

so we shd respect each other’s views and talk with love, appreciative joy and friendliness.... and help each other so that we all can grow more and do something nice for our community :)I guess everyone is here for same purpose ...... we shd do healthy discussion … and prove our point logically without doing personal attack. Empowerment does not mean anyone get rite to misbehave with anyone.

Amen! Salvation.

What is 'something'.? I always have been confused by this 'doing something'.

vineetaenator
August 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Something nice can be anything which helps to uplift our community, create more harmony b/w our community ppl, help each other in many ways like give guidance to ppl in which field u feel u r good if ppl want to learn that. Share our gud experiences which anyone thinks can be helpful for others, there r so many things as shown in ur signature "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World" is also one gud exp :)

Yes,it is sad infact, they[most of people] are incapable of looking the light in the words of rarest of rare Jat Prophets incarnated to empower 'easily'. Kindly keep the torch burning. No? ;)

Amen! Salvation.

What is 'something'.? I always have been confused by this 'doing something'.

singhabhimanyu
August 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Spot on! I completely agree with Samar. Personally, I find those 'mathematics' posts ostentatious and overblown. Anyhow, bragging is no crime.

annch
August 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
you showed the easy way for empowerment, you might as well take the credit for it.

vicky84
August 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM

It seems you have got issues everywhere...

No one liners please, If you do not have any inputs, you may refrain from replying.

Cheers

anilsinghd
August 27th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Samar not sure if what you said is correct , over thinking , over analysis , over proving/justifying ( please note it might be over for you but not "over" for some one else , i hope you are respecting the individualities of different people) can surely lead to empowering of self and that to me is not BAD.

Be it mathematically inclined or not.

PS: I deliberately tried not to read the sarcasm (if any) in your post with emphasis on "over".

sudeepdular
August 28th, 2009, 06:17 AM
It seems you have got issues everywhere...

No one liners please, If you do not have any inputs, you may refrain from replying.

Cheers

तपुन की बात अपुन को अच्छी लगी ...Though samar's comment was sarcastic bt relevant & meaningful.... let the show goes on....dont take the fizz out of coke....apun en-joy kar rela hai.....:)

rakeshsehrawat
August 28th, 2009, 09:04 AM
दोस्तों मुझे नहीं लगता ये बात गलत है की जो Female नौकरी करती है वो बेरोजगार से शादी करे ! एम्पोवेर्मेंट भीख में नहीं मिलती उसके लिए आपको जीतने का जिगर चाहिए ! डॉक्टर नर्स से शादी करता है क्योंकि फिर वो मेन लीड में रहता है अगर लेडी डॉक्टर वर्ड बॉय से शादी करे तो वो लीड करेगी ! विडम्बना तो येही है की लड़कियां शादी में अपने से बड़े Status का लड़का चाहती है और फिर ये भी चाहती हैं की वो लीड करे !

vicky84
August 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
दोस्तों मुझे नहीं लगता ये बात गलत है की जो Female नौकरी करती है वो बेरोजगार से शादी करे ! एम्पोवेर्मेंट भीख में नहीं मिलती उसके लिए आपको जीतने का जिगर चाहिए ! डॉक्टर नर्स से शादी करता है क्योंकि फिर वो मेन लीड में रहता है अगर लेडी डॉक्टर वर्ड बॉय से शादी करे तो वो लीड करेगी ! विडम्बना तो येही है की लड़कियां शादी में अपने से बड़े Status का लड़का चाहती है और फिर ये भी चाहती हैं की वो लीड करे !

Bhai Hindustan/Bharat/India change(Westernized) honnn laag rehya sai...Ibbe poorani generation chal ri sai...dattt ja nayi generation mai saab kimme ho jaga..ibbe empowerment poori koni hoyi sai..

Bhaskar
August 30th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Sir Ji,

Just wanted to know why all appreciation goes to women only? Its not just women who work, men also work hard for their carrier (infact nowadays we can see clearly the edge given to girls in almost all the fields compared to men; so more hard work for men).

Only women don't leave their homes, its men also. Again in today's world there are more n more nuclear families and men and women get equal chance to meet their parents.

Only women don't work in kitchen. If women is working men have to do thier share of house chores else you know the big fight....;) (Main kamati hun, main kaam nai karungi, though men never say this thing that I earn so I wont take you out to women).

If women are mothers, sisters, wives, etc... then men also are fathers, brothers, husbands (but I never have never seen or heard such good things about men and why??? I dont know)

In which world is the writer of that mail living? Its long time back when women were treated like servants.

If men work 15 hours a day, its nothing but if a women work 15 hours a day, different knid of mails start coming look how much she is working.

If 100 men clear IAS, IITs, IIMs exams thats no news but if even a single girl come even in top 1000, thats breaking news.

If men shout on or hit women, 100s of organisations comes forward to rescue her but if women hit men, men is wrong.

Women want empowerement, equality in every field but want a separte queue in railway station counter, separate quota in LS everything separte.

Last but not least, I am not against women empowerment, but I am against special treatment given to them. When men 1st started working nobody was there to treat them nicely or show them the path. Let women also do that. I will never stop them to do something. Its equal world, women are equal and so please show them equality.

PS: These are my personal views and are not meant to hear anybody's sentiments especially girls. :rolleyes:
Hey - hold on ! How many girls eat gutkha, khaini, daaru and do late night ghooma-firi etc etc :rolleyes: give me a percentage & compare it with the percentage of men doing the same.

Now, the crux : men resort to many many things to take out their stress/fatigue & women usually dont take shelter under these superficial umbrellas - they are strong mentally, though they are physically much less strong as compared to men, dont you know? And in case u do, why this stupid comparison:confused:

choudharyneelam
August 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Hey - hold on ! How many girls eat gutkha, khaini, daaru and do late night ghooma-firi etc etc :rolleyes: give me a percentage & compare it with the percentage of men doing the same.

Now, the crux : men resort to many many things to take out their stress/fatigue & women usually dont take shelter under these superficial umbrellas - they are strong mentally, though they are physically much less strong as compared to men, dont you know? And in case u do, why this stupid comparison:confused:

Good reply

rohitmalik8
August 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM

Mr Bhaskar,

Dont you think that your views are contradicting???

You dont want to have or listen the percentage of men having positive attributes/success with their lives etc. But you surely want to hear the percentage of men having negative qualities. Great!!!!;)

Secondly I havent made any comparsion between the the physical or mental ability of men and women? Women are and will be more mentally strong than men. For physical aspect women are more strong than men in many cases e.g. sports women than people like me.

If you kindly read my post again I am against the special treatment given to women. I just wanted to know why this discrimination against men?

My brothers who have studied in Engineering Colleges (as I am an engineer, I can tell about engineering colloges only), know about the viva that we have given in 4 years. They usually call a group of students consisting 4-5 students. In my case I had 2 female and 3 male in my group. In our college usually teachers asked same question from all the students. Now even if we all male and female havent answered any of the question the number given to females were always more.

I think all my brothers who have seen this can jump in to validate this point.

Again why this discrimination???? Just because we are men and ladkon ko sab chalta hai!!!!

Bhai Saab,

Please I want equality in every field. I dont care if some women is having more success than me if she is working hard enough for it. But I do have problem when women get promotion/higher marks/appreciation just because they are women and not on the merit basis.

I hope I have cleared myself here.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

akshaymalik84
August 31st, 2009, 07:19 PM
Mr Bhaskar,

My brothers who have studied in Engineering Colleges (as I am an engineer, I can tell about engineering colloges only), know about the viva that we have given in 4 years. They usually call a group of students consisting 4-5 students. In my case I had 2 female and 3 male in my group. In our college usually teachers asked same question from all the students. Now even if we all male and female havent answered any of the question the number given to females were always more.

Again why this discrimination???? Just because we are men and ladkon ko sab chalta hai!!!!

!

Validated bhai.....:D

choudharyneelam
August 31st, 2009, 08:48 PM
First of all, I wud like to say sorry to u as I interrupted your talk with other person. But I could not resist..that's why I wrote it down.

As I remember, during our school days we also had little vivas n female teachers were all biased towards boys....but we never felt like that you complaining. As we're satisfied with our marks. Hum dusron ke numberon mein nahin jhaankte the...we only were concerned that we just have to perform.

I think all my brothers who have seen this can jump in to validate this point. hehehe....I always wonder why guys look for others' support to clarify their point. Anyways, we also enjoy when guys make such kind jumps :D

Please I want equality in every field. I dont care if some women is having more success than me if she is working hard enough for it. But I do have problem when women get promotion/higher marks/appreciation just because they are women and not on the merit basis. Your false belief n jealous nature makes you think like that.

Last but not the least....aap ladke ladkiyon ki khushiyon se jalte ho....wo dukh sahe to koi itna nahin bolta.

akshaymalik84
August 31st, 2009, 09:17 PM
First of all, I wud like to say sorry to u as I interrupted your talk with other person. But I could not resist..that's why I wrote it down.(you have every right to speak...that's what equality is?)

As I remember, during our school days we also had little vivas n female teachers were all biased towards boys....but we never felt like that you complaining. As we're satisfied with our marks. Hum dusron ke numberon mein nahin jhaankte the...we only were concerned that we just have to perform.(Its not about school days, it common behavior of human being to favour opposite sex!.....but girls have greater favour because of more Male teachers:p)

hehehe....I always wonder why guys look for others' support to clarify their point. Anyways, we also enjoy when guys make such kind jumps :D( As per my experiance, Men have more friends .....so why shouldn't they help each other(unlike other species):D........)

Your false belief n jealous nature makes you think like that. (Only God knows who is more jealous.....:D)

Last but not the least....aap ladke ladkiyon ki khushiyon se jalte ho....wo dukh sahe to koi itna nahin bolta.(I never wants girls or ladies to Cherish more pain....as both men and women are incomplete without each other)

My intent was not to hurt any one.......it was just an instinctive response.:)

dskadyan
August 31st, 2009, 09:57 PM
Par issue kya hai
1. Roti nahi milti.
2. Women are not leading and they will hardly in future and all knows why?

vineetaenator
August 31st, 2009, 10:26 PM
Devender ji

It would be nice if you elaborate on ur points :)

have happiness and joy
Vineeta..

Par issue kya hai
1. Roti nahi milti.
2. Women are not leading and they will hardly in future and all knows why?

anilsinghd
September 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
My intent was not to hurt any one.......it was just an instinctive response.:)

Not to be off topic but Tom and Jerry chal rhaa kya ? :D

It is not so bad to see a lil bit of healthy teasing ! :)

akshaymalik84
September 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Not to be off topic but Tom and Jerry chal rhaa kya ? :D

It is not so bad to see a lil bit of healthy teasing ! :)

Hahahaha.........Bhai...Log bura maan ja hai......

Bhaskar
September 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Mr Bhaskar,

You dont want to have or listen the percentage of men having positive attributes/success with their lives etc. But you surely want to hear the percentage of men having negative qualities. Great!!!!;)

Secondly I havent made any comparsion between the the physical or mental ability of men and women? Women are and will be more mentally strong than men. For physical aspect women are more strong than men in many cases e.g. sports women than people like me.

If you kindly read my post again I am against the special treatment given to women. I just wanted to know why this discrimination against men?

Bhai Saab,

Please I want equality in every field. I dont care if some women is having more success than me if she is working hard enough for it. But I do have problem when women get promotion/higher marks/appreciation just because they are women and not on the merit basis.

I hope I have cleared myself here.

Thanks a lot!!!!!
No my views arent contradicting :) i am ever ready to listen abt the good qualities of men ! Donno wat made u feel so:confused:

Anyways, can u tell us who told you women are mentally stronger? Does it means that they can work like machines without complaining ? or is it yet another cushion to protect your stand by categorising the men specie a less stronger one?

And the viva & impartial thing - its just cooked up or may be an individual case - it cant be generalised so easily !

Regarding the preferential treatment to women - now why do we have reservations for SC, ST etc ? - just coz some learned people felt that by giving them an extra edge, they will progress at an enhenced pace & may come upto the level of the non-reserved ones some day (reservation is viable or not or to wat extent is another big question, so cant be dealt in detail here). So, it the reason for preferential treatment of women at some places, and mind me at 'SOME' places. You dont have any compulsion to get influenced by it. But neither can you stop people from doing so or for anything for that matter ! You cant even stop people from emotionally depriving a woman of her basic requirement of love & compassion, or depriving a girl of equality, or stop them from loading the girls with the list of extra rules & regulations as compared to men. So, why u wish to stop this or feel it unjustified.

Dude, thr r many other unjustified things being done to women, why to get jealous of an inch of 'over-praise' for them!

Hey, dont feel offended. Inspite of myself being a male, I am witness of many a wrong dones, unheard evils, emotional harrasments, atrocities etc being done on women in one form or the other in most of the households. Women are emotionally much more soft than men, the only thing i feel is that they carry the burden of the same for longer just because they are full of more love & warmth as compared to the men.

And about the women who are seemingly aggressive & more prone to compete with them - they often carry a heavy burden of mental harrassment, male chauvenism & societal discrimination somewhere down the lanes of her heart. And thus, appear more aggressive & adamant !

choudharyneelam
September 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
My intent was not to hurt any one.......:)

So you r another funny guy.....I liked ur responses

but aap apni likhi baaton ko bhi dhyan mein rakha karein....if you can talk about ur college days..then why can't a girl talk abt her school days :D.....n u think na ki male teachers are more biased towards girls......I don't agree.....humare yahan to equal weightage milti thi....I really feel bad abt the bad experience u had :(.....warna aapke vichar bhi hum ladkiyon jaise hote....koi baat nahin....jo beet gayi so baat gayi....don't turn back..look ahead....kahin koi ladki promotion na le jaaye:p

The best sensible reply of yours is the last statement abt togetherness. I appreciate ur beautiful thought. :)

choudharyneelam
September 1st, 2009, 07:58 PM
thr r many unjustified things being done to women, why to get jealous of an inch of 'over-praise' for them!

Women are emotionally much more soft than men, the only thing i feel is that they carry the burden of the same for longer just because they are full of more love & warmth as compared to the men.

U r a person with sound thoughts.

I hope other guys too start thinking n accepting like that.

rohitmalik8
September 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
First of all, I wud like to say sorry to u as I interrupted your talk with other person. But I could not resist..that's why I wrote it down.

Last but not the least....aap ladke ladkiyon ki khushiyon se jalte ho....wo dukh sahe to koi itna nahin bolta.

No problem mam if you intrude!!!

For second comment, I m not jealous!!!!

Just 1 question for you and Mr Bhaskar before I write any more: what do you mean by equality?? (Please answer in context to thread's viewpoint).

choudharyneelam
September 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
No problem mam if you intrude!!!

For second comment, I m not jealous!!!!

Just 1 question for you and Mr Bhaskar before I write any more: what do you mean by equality?? (Please answer in context to thread's viewpoint).

Nice to hear from u

I don't know how you all taking ahead this thread, but in my personal opinion 'God has made Man & Woman in a way that they can never be weighed equally.....differences are there...somewhere more in men n somewhere more in women...'

The only thing I want to highlight is...learn to respect each other's qualities, specialities, n the purpose being here.

That's it!

dskadyan
September 3rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Nice to hear from u

I don't know how you all taking ahead this thread, but in my personal opinion 'God has made Man & Woman in a way that they can never be weighed equally.....differences are there...somewhere more in men n somewhere more in women...'

The only thing I want to highlight is...learn to respect each other's qualities, specialities, n the purpose being here.

That's it!

Thats what i want to say that we are unbalancing the thing and wehave to think about it. Women were used to Make home and take care of childs and also other work they like to do but absolutely not bread earner, except in some cases. But now they are becoming bread earner and you know what is the disadvantages to that

1. Stress full life.
2. Competition at both Work and home.
3. Degrading child care.
4. Many cases sub standard results at work and home both places.

But then i though that may be not due to women empowerment but life style. So may be our ife style is changing way it shouldnt.

Not inviting any critics. Please.

rohitmalik8
September 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Nice to hear from u

That's it!

Ms. Choudhary,

Thanks for such wonderful thinking. Atlast after really really long time I heard a woman saying that there are some differences between men and women and they cant be weighed equally. I really appreciate your answer. But always remember Women still have got more warmth and love than Men for everybody for which they deserve the Respect which they have been deprived for so many years.

I think I can finally call off this discussion on such a good note!!! :p:D

choudharyneelam
September 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
But always remember Women still have got more warmth and love than Men for everybody for which they deserve the Respect which they have been deprived for so many years.

I think I can finally call off this discussion on such a good note!!! :p:D

Either don't say something or try to give some essence to your words.

choudharyneelam
September 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Women were used to Make home and take care of childs and also other work they like to do but absolutely not bread earner, except in some cases. Ya, let her do as much as she can. If she can also earn the bread alongwith u then let her join your hands.

the disadvantages to that

1. Stress full life.
2. Competition at both Work and home.
3. Degrading child care.
4. Many cases sub standard results at work and home both places.

But then i though that may be not due to women empowerment but life style. So may be our ife style is changing way it shouldnt.

True, a lady should work outside not at the cost of the child's future/concern, n not only child even its about other relationships that she only has to care about in the absense of man as he has to work full time to earn the living.

Again I agree, change is happening b'coz of lifestyle.....but empowerment is also taken incorrectly by many.

rohitmalik8
September 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Either don't say something or try to give some essence to your words.

OK I wont say anything then!!!!;)

aryasatyadev
September 14th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Women take over another male bastion: following is the news of Times of India on 13th Sep:

Gang of women thieves busted

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

New Delhi: The police in west district on Sunday claimed to have busted a gang of women thieves who entered the world of crime allegedly after getting inspired by a Bollywood blockbuster.
The police said gang leader Geeta (30), Kela (32), Krishna (40), Ompati (40), Sheela (20) and the alleged receiver of stolen goods, Gurvachan (45), were nabbed from Peera Garhi Chowk in Paschim Vihar after a tip-off.
DCP (West) Sharad Aggarwal said police recovered 48 batteries that the gang had stolen from rooms near cellphone signal towers. All the women belonged to Khokhra Kot in Rohtak district, he said.
‘‘Geeta told us they are from poor families and their husbands are drunkards and drug-addicts. To survive and feed their families they first worked as ragpickers and also committed some petty thefts. Then Geeta met a woman who motivated them to commit bigger crimes and gave them example of Dhoom-2 in which a woman thief takes advantage of her gender,’’ said Aggarwal.

anilsinghd
September 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Women take over another male bastion: following is the news of Times of India on 13th Sep:

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

New Delhi: The police in west district on Sunday claimed to have busted a gang of women thieves who entered the world of crime allegedly after getting inspired by a Bollywood blockbuster.
The police said gang leader Geeta (30), Kela (32), Krishna (40), Ompati (40), Sheela (20) and the alleged receiver of stolen goods, Gurvachan (45), were nabbed from Peera Garhi Chowk in Paschim Vihar after a tip-off.
DCP (West) Sharad Aggarwal said police recovered 48 batteries that the gang had stolen from rooms near cellphone signal towers. All the women belonged to Khokhra Kot in Rohtak district, he said.
‘‘Geeta told us they are from poor families and their husbands are drunkards and drug-addicts. To survive and feed their families they first worked as ragpickers and also committed some petty thefts. Then Geeta met a woman who motivated them to commit bigger crimes and gave them example of Dhoom-2 in which a woman thief takes advantage of her gender,’’ said Aggarwal.

Frankly I do not appreciate that the heading of your quoted post be : Latest on Women empowerment.

Does not make any sense to me whatsoever.
Nothing more to add.

Thanks,
Anil

singhabhimanyu
September 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I agree with Anil.

Frankly I do not appreciate that the heading of your quoted post be : Latest on Women empowerment.
Does not make any sense to me whatsoever.

deepshi
September 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
good one..

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

sunillathwal
October 29th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Many think working woman is a synonym of empowered woman; apparently not !!

According to an article published in The Hindu:

---
....The study carried out between 2005 and 2006 on 750 married women aged between 16 and 25 in Bangalore, found that those who became employed during that time had an 80 per cent higher chance of being abused by their husbands than women who remained unemployed.

It also found that women whose husbands had difficulty finding or keeping a job were more than twice as likely to experience domestic violence during that period....
---

Something to do with 'Male Ego' ???

Link: http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article40166.ece?homepage=true

Dheeraj24
October 29th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Deleted content as felt offensive

malikdeepak1
October 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Women are BIG zero .........................

See wives of dabbu men

What rubbish?? :thappad