PDA

View Full Version : Vision of Men vs Women

rkumar
July 31st, 2009, 07:34 AM
There is an interesting study which concludes that men have better long distance vison and the woman short distance.

http://www.physorg.com/news168157251.html

I wonder if the study can be extended in the time coordinates also, to find out if men have better long term vision and the women better short term one ?

RK^2

anilsinghd
August 21st, 2009, 04:04 AM
There is an interesting study which concludes that men have better long distance vison and the woman short distance.

http://www.physorg.com/news168157251.html

I wonder if the study can be extended in the time coordinates also, to find out if men have better long term vision and the women better short term one ?

RK^2

Kind pf logical , some one explained me that , not sure who , may be Kapil itself , its the same thing as selfish genes etc , since men had to do that kind of work , they had this characteristic made stronger over time!

Vision as in life , tricky , frankly no ideas , happy to learn others opinion , what do people say on this ? Can we also have a poll on this ( a visible one on who voted for what so that we have fairness ) , and may be a discussion on this!

What does women folk have to say on this ?

How visionary do they think of themselves?

Just to kickstart the discussion ( and please do not tag this as any of my conclusion ) , i propose that since the emotional quotient of the girls/ women is higher so they might be a bit attached to things and may not be as forward looking ? Does that say that they have a shorter vision ?

Lets start on the discussion if anyone wishes :) !

Thanks,
anil

annch
August 21st, 2009, 04:40 AM
The article says-
Men are better at seeing things in the distance due to their hunter-gatherer past chasing animals, while women are better focusing on things at close range, a British study said Thursday.

Unquote-No wonder men always "see/ find" birds in bush better than the one in hand!!!!:rolleyes:

anilsinghd
August 21st, 2009, 04:42 AM
The article says-
Men are better at seeing things in the distance due to their hunter-gatherer past chasing animals, while women are better focusing on things at close range, a British study said Thursday.

Unquote-No wonder men always "see/ find" birds in bush better than the one in hand!!!!:rolleyes:

Not to drag it on , but Women activists might have an objection to the red bold phrase :D

annch
August 21st, 2009, 04:48 AM
You saved my skin, thanks :p....
Disclaimer to my previous post- To whom so ever it may concern, Man chased (read-hunted for) birds as well as animals for food.

Not to drag it on , but Women activists might have an objection to the red bold phrase :D