PDA

View Full Version : Ideal diet for a person practicing Yoga

deependra
August 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
What should be the ideal diet for a person who is practicing yogasan and pranayam.

brahmtewatia
August 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
सात्विक भोजन.

sjakhars
August 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Brahm Ji,
Please aap is "satvik bhojan" ko prakashit karen. :rolleyes::cool::p:)
सात्विक भोजन.

dahiyarules
August 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
First of all the person must be entirely on a vegan diet. That means no animal products and that includes dairy.

Second, eat a s**t load of fruits the fist thing in morning and then wash it down with lots of water. Wait 30 min to an hour and you are good for Yaga.

Baaki te apna Jit bhai-e bataawegaa. Hes the unofficial Yogi of jatland. :D

brahmtewatia
August 6th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Brahm Ji,
Please aap is "satvik bhojan" ko prakashit karen. :rolleyes::cool::p:)zaroor sitaram ji.

1. begin yr day with honey nd lime. drink 2 glasses (or more) when you wake up
2. breakfast : daliya or oats, sprouted moong/soyabeen etc... add raisins + nuts (wallnuts or badam) suppliment it (before lunch) with fresh juice or fresh fruits like apple/banana or other fruits depending on yr specific requirements/needs.
3. Lunch - 2 chapaattis, some rice, salad.
4. Dinner - As above
5. A glass of milk nd hats off to yr day.

(In between drink as much water as you can)

p.s. : repeat above cycle next day :)

deependra
August 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Brahamji,
But I have got some doubts-
1. Shall we take honey and lime together in the water and what is the benefit of this intake apart from reducing the weight.
2. As per Ayurved we should refrain ourselves from taking rice in dinner as it is 'Vatvardhak'. Ayurved says we should avoid Muli, Kheera, Kakdi, rice etc in dinner.

brahmtewatia
August 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks Brahamji,
But I have got some doubts-
1. Shall we take honey and lime together in the water and what is the benefit of this intake apart from reducing the weight.
2. As per Ayurved we should refrain ourselves from taking rice in dinner as it is 'Vatvardhak'. Ayurved says we should avoid Muli, Kheera, Kakdi, rice etc in dinner.yes you are right deepen, intake of rice in dinner almost always shud be avoided nd so is true for curd, esp. with persons having bronchal/asthemetic problems.

honey nd lime shud be taken together, preferably with some luke warm water. both of them provide excellent health benefits. their benefits apart frm reducing weight loss are innumerous.

1. honey: in the first place is now being used in the place of sugar by weight watchers around the globe. it is an effective way of reducing the amount of refined sugar you consume in the day. apart frm tht a hint of lime, helps you to get refreshed instantly nd also helps to initiate bowel movements ensuring tht you pass your stools regularly. if you suffer from chronic constipation then this is the best way to get your bowel to hv regular movements.

2. lemons: lemons are antiseptic nd hav excellent digestive properties nd can ease heartburn, bloating + other digestion problems. lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium nd potassium, help cleanses and stimulates the liver nd kidneys nd has been known to relieve asthma. apart frm tht lemon water (luke warm) offers relief frm cold nd flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C... it is also a great skin cleanser.

the following links will tell you a lot of their benefits...

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-animal-products/organic-honey/health-benefits-of-honey.html
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-lime.html

deependra
August 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks a lot.
The link is really good and conatins a lot of info.

cooljat
August 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM
HAHAHA !! :D Official Yogi of JL :p Thanks Sumit bhai but am different kind of Yogi all together. More on Bhog side, in a way u can say mein Yogi hi Bhogi banae ke liya bana hoon! ;)

Jokes apart, I don't believe in VEGAN diet to be frank, its all worthless gimmick. Think, if you abandon Dairy product how tasteless life will be moreover how you satisfy protein requirement of the body??

I suggest if someone is practicing Hath-Yoga, he should consume vegetarian diet + milk products. You can find more info about Yogic diet here on this link - http://www.yoga-magazine.net/diet.htm

I think Sattvic food is somewhat like Organic food, which is in trend nowadays, but I think Rajasic food is what we all generally consume but we can refine it with decreasing quantity of oil n spicy masalas. But one should avoid Tamasic food like alcohol, smoking, stale food etc.

Yoga should be practiced in early morning, in brahm-muhrat (3.45AM-6AM) because at this time quantity of fresh oxygen is max and its highly beneficial. Do Yoga with clean n empty stomach and at peaceful place.

Hope it help !

Rock on
Jit

First of all the person must be entirely on a vegan diet. That means no animal products and that includes dairy.

Second, eat a s**t load of fruits the fist thing in morning and then wash it down with lots of water. Wait 30 min to an hour and you are good for Yaga.

Baaki te apna Jit bhai-e bataawegaa. Hes the unofficial Yogi of jatland. :D

cooljat
August 7th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Should be avoided by young ppl n growing kids. This diet is suitable for 60+ ppl !! :)

zaroor sitaram ji.

1. begin yr day with honey nd lime. drink 2 glasses (or more) when you wake up
2. breakfast : daliya or oats, sprouted moong/soyabeen etc... add raisins + nuts (wallnuts or badam) suppliment it (before lunch) with fresh juice or fresh fruits like apple/banana or other fruits depending on yr specific requirements/needs.
3. Lunch - 2 chapaattis, some rice, salad.
4. Dinner - As above
5. A glass of milk nd hats off to yr day.

(In between drink as much water as you can)

p.s. : repeat above cycle next day :)

dahiyarules
August 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Bhai Jit! I did yoga only once in my life. And trust me I am glad I never tried it again. It takes a lot of sacrifice and discipline.

So, I do a very simple thing to stay in shape. I put on a track-suit, wear a couple of very thick sweaters and then wear a heavy pullover on the top of that.

Fir kaal chasme peher ke baajre ke khettan mein doud laa ke aaya kaarun. Ferr aake dabaa ke danda marya karun. Ferr ek gallon (3.88 ltrs) paani gatak jaun sun.

Baaki ki kahani gussalkhane mein! You dont want to know the rest. LOL!

This works for me.

HAHAHA !! :D Official Yogi of JL :p Thanks Sumit bhai but am different kind of Yogi all together. More on Bhog side, in a way u can say mein Yogi hi Bhogi banae ke liya bana hoon! ;)

Jokes apart, I don't believe in VEGAN diet to be frank, its all worthless gimmick. Think, if you abandon Dairy product how tasteless life will be moreover how you satisfy protein requirement of the body??

I suggest if someone is practicing Hath-Yoga, he should consume vegetarian diet + milk products and if he is young n involved in heavy rigorous training can hv Chicken n Fish occasionally as well, of course if he is non-veg.

You can find more info about Yogic diet here on this link - http://www.yoga-magazine.net/diet.htm

I think Sattvic food is somewhat like Organic food, which is in trend nowadays, but I think Rajasic food is what we all generally consume but we can refine it with decreasing quantity of oil n spicy masalas. But one should avoid Tamasic food like alcohol, smoking, stale food etc.

Yoga should be practiced in early morning, in brahm-muhrat (3.45AM-6AM) because at this time quantity of fresh oxygen is max and its highly beneficial. Do Yoga with clean n empty stomach and at peaceful place.

Hope it help !

Rock on
Jit

brahmtewatia
August 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Should be avoided by young ppl n growing kids. This diet is suitable for 60+ ppl !!:)
brahm-mahurat mein yoga karna... not everyone can follow tht... thts only possible for prakashit souls.
diet suitable for 60+ ppl !!... not necessary jit, i (more or less) try to follow the diet mentioned in my prev post on all सात्विक days of the week (sitaram ji pls. note सात्विक days = monday to friday). however, i go berserk on weekends as fri. nd sat. are my तामसिक days... और पूरे हफ्ते की कसर काढ लिया करूँ. i keep sunday as a buffer day, before i go सात्विक again.