PDA

View Full Version : Happy Budday Kanhaiya !

anilsinghd
August 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Its festival time back home. What i am perhaps missing most is the kite flying ( I can boast of my 12+ year experience !! ). "Aaibo - peche " , the concentration on the kite ( never showed that much while studying for any exams though ) , the dedication ( even if it was scorching sun , the max break from kite flying was of 2 hours from 2 pm to 4 pm on 15th August ) and the excitement that would not care of the f ingers getting cut because of the "maanja" and the shoulders getting sour because of the pose that was there for the whole day!

What i am not missing though ( infact to be true i am abit irked ) is the wishes , the euphoria! Every social netwroking site , every community on orkut , every second display pic on the friend list and in general , "tiranga" is there! The same goes for Krishna (my favo God for obvious reasons ;):p ) Janamashtmi. Wishes all around and suddenly everyone is so religious.
I doubt that though. 1 out of 365 i guess is not statistically significant , at least I was told so!

May be i am not "normal" but it pains to see things this way , I would rather prefer nothing than this "virtual" show of patriotism , faith and religion & culture.
Waht comes to mind is the "Circuit" and "Munna Bhai" and the movie "Lagey Raho Munna Bhai " and the character of "Gandhi" ( 2nd October is not far as well!). Not sure how many of us got the message that was pretty loud ( at least to me) amidst the rampant "Circuit" jokes.

It went like this :"Posters pe , deewaron pe taang ke , roads ke naam rakh ke etc se mujhe yaad mat karo , agar kuch karna hi chahte ho to dil mein rakho ".
Not sure though how many of you would agree with me that if its in the heart , it does not always has to be shown and dramatised! :)

I know some might already have started to aim at me , So what are you waiting for , SHOOT!
:)

amritkharb
August 15th, 2009, 03:42 AM
patang baji ka 14 saal ka experience hae muzhe :)

ritu
August 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
i do not see anything wrong in it............