PDA

View Full Version : Americans are becoming Hindu!!!!

annch
August 18th, 2009, 12:39 AM
An article with interesting stats on America's experience with Hinduism-
http://www.newsweek.com/id/212155?GT1=43002

sunillathwal
August 18th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Sometimes i wonder if Hinduism is a 'religion' or 'lack of a religion'! :confused:

rajivsp
August 18th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Sometimes i wonder if Hinduism is a 'religion' or 'lack of a religion'! :confused:

Correct Hinduism is not a religion - its way of living.

amritkharb
August 18th, 2009, 09:55 AM
hare rama hare krishna. Big thing! eh?

akshaymalik84
August 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
It's more about belief. Mostly hindu consider hinduism as a religion.But people who are not hindu consider hinduism a way of living. May be because other non hindu people believe in One God like christians and muslims but we hindus worship may Gods. Christians follow Bible, Muslims follow Quran but we hindus don't really follow any specific book or god.

Spiritual is about believing in God(one or many). Religion is about following Only One specific path. Religion includes Do's and Don'ts.

May be Americans are becoming more spiritual than religious.But simply believing in reincarnation and selves does not mean that they are becoming Hindus.

cooljat
August 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
.. achi baat hai ! :) ..

bipindahiya
August 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM
hinduism religion represents as a pure form of applied science.(vigyan ka shodhit roop).Every aspect of life and karmas are defined here .it preaches the theory of endurance and practical aspect of living life with dignity is overwhelemly welcomed here.Every other religions has some upbringing and founded by some asthetic people on a specific time but hinduism doesn't have its inception nor its end( na aaadi na aant).We have millions of god to worship but still we firmly believe in the fact that god is one.He is the superpower and he is the executor, all ur deeds are managed by him.We are just his representatives nd doing our karmas.rest SHARIR NASHWAR HAIN AATMA AMAR HAIN.

rohitmalik8
August 18th, 2009, 02:34 PM
It's more about belief. Mostly hindu consider hinduism as a religion.But people who are not hindu consider hinduism a way of living. May be because other non hindu people believe in One God like christians and muslims but we hindus worship may Gods. Christians follow Bible, Muslims follow Quran but we hindus don't really follow any specific book or god.

Spiritual is about believing in God(one or many). Religion is about following Only One specific path. Religion includes Do's and Don'ts.

May be Americans are becoming more spiritual than religious.But simply believing in reincarnation and selves does not mean that they are becoming Hindus.

Thats why bhai, Hindus never fight among themselves on the basis of different God. Though Muslims and Christians have a single god/book but still shia n sunni muslims are fighting, even different churches fight among themselves.

I am really proud to be Hindu because only Hindusim has got the tolerance power.

rajpaldular
August 18th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Duniya gol hai,, pracheen samay me poori prithvi per hindu religion hee tha....

amritkharb
August 21st, 2009, 10:57 PM
Duniya gol hai,, pracheen samay me poori prithvi per hindu religion hee tha....

agar aisa tha tho Indian subcontinet ko chod kar baki ki duniya mein kuch tho log sanskrit se milte julte bhasa bol rahe hotee?:rolleyes:

chandan
August 22nd, 2009, 12:43 AM
i have seen many foreigners in india, have left there countries and are living in india just because indians spirituals and belief in gods. go to places like rishikesh and deharadun you will find lot of such ppl over there. they acutally convert themselves to hindu's and learn hindi or sanskrit and offer prayers in the temples like indians.