PDA

View Full Version : Vijender becomes world No. -Congritulation

ranjitjat
August 20th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Many congritulations to Boxer Vijender Singh to become no2 in world boxing.
He will be no1 in the world.
God bless him success.
Koti -Koti Vadhai Subhkamna
to his family- Bhiwani and India

Vijender becomes world No. 2
TIMESOFINDIA.COM 20 August 2009, 05:01pm IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
NEW DELHI: Vijender Singh who won the Bronze Medal at the Beijing Olympic Games 2008 has achieved the second ranking in the World in 75kg with a
Vijender
tally of 1700 points, announced International Boxing Association
(AIBA). ( Watch Video )

Correa Bayeux Emilio of Cuba with an aggregate of 2500 points is ranked one. Blanco Parro Alfonso of Venezuela with a tally of 1300 points is ranked third while Artayev Bakhtiyar of Kazakhstan is ranked four with a tally of 1250 points.

In the 48kg, Thokchom Nanao Singh has been ranked fifth with a tally of 1400 pts while Olympic champion Zou Shiming of China is ranked one with 2500 points.

In the 51kg, Suranjoy Singh has been ranked fourteenth with a total of 800 points, while Jitender Kumar has been ranked 13th with a total 837.5 points. In the 57kg Akhil Kumar has been ranked ninth with a total of 1050 points, while his compatriot Jai Bhagwan is ranked 25th with 700 points.

In the 64kg, Manoj Kumar is ranked 2nd with 400 points while in the same weight category Balwinder Beniwal is ranked 57th with 362.5 points. In the 69kg category Dilbag Singh is ranked 28th with 550 points while in the 81 kgs, Dinesh Kumar is ranked Joint sixth with 1050 pts. In the 91 kgs Manpreet Singh is 35th with 450 pts while in the + 91kg Parveen Kumar and Paramjit Samota are 37th and 40th respectively.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4915427.cms

richi
August 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I wish i meet vijendra someday and congratulate him vis-a-vis!!.That's where flight of success lands a person ..."to heights"!!

aryasatyadev
August 20th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Congrats to him...... and thanks to Dudee Ji for sharing with us

anilsangwan
August 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
भाई कालुवासिये बिजेंदर ने बहुत बहुत बधाई....... लागा रह भाई ... धूमा ठा दे.... 'थोब्डी' हिला दे दुनिया की अपने 'घुसंडा' गेल...... एर बन ज्या नंबर १ ....

PS: Jat nyu e congratulate karya karein :rock

satyenderdeswal
August 21st, 2009, 10:46 AM
bhai...bijender bhai ko hamari taraf se bhi bahut subhkamnayen...bhagwaan karey wo jald hi world no. 1 ban jaye...cheers

singhabhimanyu
August 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
ओ छोर्रे विजेंदर, इस नंबर १ आले का भी जाबडा फोड़ गेर इब

satishsparp
August 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Congratulation Vijender

bipindahiya
August 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Heartiest congratulations to this bhiwani guy nd i convey my best wishes for his bright future.Also my best wishes with his coach Mr Jagdish whose hard work has born the fruit.

dahiyarules
August 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
My Congritulations to you Bijender bhai!

jitender_singh
August 23rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Many congratulations to dashing Vijender ..

RaviDhaka
August 24th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Congratulations to village boy....

Samarkadian
August 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Amature and Professional boxing is polls apart. I hope members understand the difference. I am more keen to see him in Professional endeavors. Amature ranking is just okay, doesnt matter.

kapdal
August 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Amature and Professional boxing is polls apart. I hope members understand the difference. I am more keen to see him in Professional endeavors. Amature ranking is just okay, doesnt matter.

Amateur!? I thought I knew the difference till now. But please explain.

cooljat
August 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Many Congrats to Vijender bhai. Way to go ... ranking doesn't matter that much, you gotta convert bronzes into silver and silver to Gold.

All the best !

Samarkadian
August 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Amateur!? I thought I knew the difference till now. But please explain.

Amateur** :eek:

Kapil, I just slapped myself for spell mistake.

kapdal
August 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Amateur** :eek:

Kapil, I just slapped myself for spell mistake.

Samar, I was not pointing to the incorrect spelling. I don't understand what you mean by professional boxing? Olympics, world championships, etc. are not amateur.

Samarkadian
August 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Samar, I was not pointing to the incorrect spelling. I don't understand what you mean by professional boxing? Olympics, world championships, etc. are not amateur.

Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Headgear is mandatory in modern amateur boxing
: Amateur boxing::
Amateur boxing may be found at the collegiate level, at the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games, and in many other venues sanctioned by amateur boxing associations. Amateur boxing has a point scoring system that measures the number of clean blows landed rather than physical damage. Bouts consist of three rounds of three minutes in the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, and three rounds of two minutes in a national ABA (Amateur Boxing Association) bout, each with a one-minute interval between rounds

Professional Boxing::

Professional bouts are usually much longer than amateur bouts, typically ranging from ten to twelve rounds, though four round fights are common for less experienced fighters or club fighters. There are also some two-[14] and three-round professional bouts[15], especially in Australia. Through the early twentieth century, it was common for fights to have unlimited rounds, ending only when one fighter quit, benefiting high-energy fighters like Jack Dempsey. Fifteen rounds remained the internationally recognized limit for championship fights for most of the twentieth century until the early 1980s, when the death of boxer Duk Koo Kim reduced the limit to twelve.

Headgear is not permitted in professional bouts, and boxers are generally allowed to take much more punishment before a fight is halted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing

anilsangwan
August 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
थंक यू भाई समर..... मतलब देसी हिसाब तें............. "घने घुसंडा गेल मुह फुत्टन आली" बोक्सिंग हो स या प्रोफेशनल बोक्सिंग ......

देखिये भाई बिजेंदर.........ये AMATEUR बोक्सिंग आले दो चार पिलपिले पिलपिले घूसे मार की इ काम चला लिए......... कदे चला जा समर की बात मान की प्रोफेशनल बोक्सिंग में..... फेर वा बिपाशा बासु कती फोन नहीं करेगी तेंने.....थोबडे का भी "ढारा" सा बैठ जागा .... ब्याह भी न होवेगा.... हा हा हा हा ..... हा हा हा हा हा हा हा हा हा

PS --- Lighter mood mein likhya s... kadey koye sa senti ho jya.....

Kapil, have a look:

Professional bouts are usually much longer than amateur bouts, typically ranging from ten to twelve rounds, though four round fights are common for less experienced fighters or club fighters. There are also some two-[14] and three-round professional bouts[15], especially in Australia. Through the early twentieth century, it was common for fights to have unlimited rounds, ending only when one fighter quit, benefiting high-energy fighters like Jack Dempsey. Fifteen rounds remained the internationally recognized limit for championship fights for most of the twentieth century until the early 1980s, when the death of boxer Duk Koo Kim reduced the limit to twelve.

Headgear is not permitted in professional bouts, and boxers are generally allowed to take much more punishment before a fight is halted

cooljat
August 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
You described it well, Samar. But perhaps you missed a imp point.
If a amateur boxer opts for pro boxing, he automatically disqualified for Olympics, he can never participate then !

Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Amateur boxing may be found at the collegiate level, at the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games, and in many other venues sanctioned by amateur boxing associations. Amateur boxing has a point scoring system that measures the number of clean blows landed rather than physical damage. Bouts consist of three rounds of three minutes in the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, and three rounds of two minutes in a national ABA (Amateur Boxing Association) bout, each with a one-minute interval between rounds

kapdal
August 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Hmm...interesting. Thanks. I didn't know they called it amateur.

Is there any current boxer who does both? I know Muhammad Ali won gold in olympics and then moved to pro boxing circuit. But right now? Personally, I would prefer Olympic glory more. Of course, it is Vijender's choice.

kapdal
August 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
You described it well, Samar. But perhaps you missed a imp point.
If a amateur boxer opts for pro boxing, he automatically disqualified for Olympics, he can never participate then !

Really? Source?

cooljat
August 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I would also prefer Olympic glory more but true and serious boxing is pro boxing.
Ali went to pro circuit after facing humiliation and no appreciation for winning a gold medal, that's a different story .. but fact is if you choose Pro boxing you can never participate in Olympics.

Is there any current boxer who does both? I know Muhammad Ali won gold in olympics and then moved to pro boxing circuit. But right now? Personally, I would prefer Olympic glory more. Of course, it is Vijender's choice.

cooljat
August 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Not sure about the authenticity of the following sources, but Pradeep Sihag, no #1 pro boxer in Australia himself told me. http://www.jatland.com/home/Pradeep_Sihag

http://www.calvinshub.com/2008/08/why-are-professional-boxers-not-allowed-in-the-olympics/

http://forum.boxrec.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104513

Really? Source?

Samarkadian
August 26th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Brit. Amir Khan also managed a silver in 2004 Olympics and then turned professional. He is the quickest in modern times. Follow his fights. Far Far ahead than our Vijender. Vijender somewhere mentioned that he wanted to fight in same arena where Mike Tyson started his bouts and he would want to see Dollars showering at him. Mate, a hell of hard work out of bones and dedication.To me Akhil Kumar seems to be more promising in Professional than Vijender.

Have a look at this video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrA9kpNRY98

Prince Naseem was a charmer in his own style:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35_nfUftlU&translated=1

kapdal
August 26th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Brit. Amir Khan also managed a silver in 2004 Olympics and then turned professional. He is the quickest in modern times. Follow his fights. Far Far ahead than our Vijender. Vijender somewhere mentioned that he wanted to fight in same arena where Mike Tyson started his bouts and he would want to see Dollars showering at him. Mate, a hell of hard work out of bones and dedication.To me Akhil Kumar seems to be more promising in Professional than Vijender.

Have a look at this video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrA9kpNRY98

Prince Naseem was a charmer in his own style:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35_nfUftlU&translated=1

You are comparing apples and oranges. Both formats have their own sets of rules and the players must be training based on those rules. Amir Khan may be a very good boxer, but doesn't mean Vijender needs to follow his path to prove his mettle. He should follow the path he wants to and if he achieves anything on that route, it is worth lots of appreciation, especially so considering from where he started his journey.

bazardparveen
August 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Many congritulations to Boxer Vijender Singh to become no2 in world boxing.
He will be no1 in the world.
God bless him success.
Koti -Koti Vadhai Subhkamna
to his family- Bhiwani and India

Vijender becomes world No. 2
TIMESOFINDIA.COM 20 August 2009, 05:01pm IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
NEW DELHI: Vijender Singh who won the Bronze Medal at the Beijing Olympic Games 2008 has achieved the second ranking in the World in 75kg with a
Vijender
tally of 1700 points, announced International Boxing Association
(AIBA). ( Watch Video )

Correa Bayeux Emilio of Cuba with an aggregate of 2500 points is ranked one. Blanco Parro Alfonso of Venezuela with a tally of 1300 points is ranked third while Artayev Bakhtiyar of Kazakhstan is ranked four with a tally of 1250 points.

In the 48kg, Thokchom Nanao Singh has been ranked fifth with a tally of 1400 pts while Olympic champion Zou Shiming of China is ranked one with 2500 points.

In the 51kg, Suranjoy Singh has been ranked fourteenth with a total of 800 points, while Jitender Kumar has been ranked 13th with a total 837.5 points. In the 57kg Akhil Kumar has been ranked ninth with a total of 1050 points, while his compatriot Jai Bhagwan is ranked 25th with 700 points.

In the 64kg, Manoj Kumar is ranked 2nd with 400 points while in the same weight category Balwinder Beniwal is ranked 57th with 362.5 points. In the 69kg category Dilbag Singh is ranked 28th with 550 points while in the 81 kgs, Dinesh Kumar is ranked Joint sixth with 1050 pts. In the 91 kgs Manpreet Singh is 35th with 450 pts while in the + 91kg Parveen Kumar and Paramjit Samota are 37th and 40th respectively.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4915427.cms

Heartiest congratulations to Vijender......thanks dhrampal ji for sharing it

bazardparveen
August 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Samar, you have explained well. Both type of boxing have their +ve and -ve. But I think win medal in Olympics, Commonwealth is more important than playing professional boxing. Whatever Vijender has achieved till now is superb. He is from a village background and his father is a bus conductor.
I thinks it's better Vijender continue in amature boxing and bring Gold in London Olympics

singhabhimanyu
August 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Samar let me tell u one thing. If Vijender enters Professional boxing then there would be many here on Jatland and outside who would accuse him of running after money and not fighting for motherland, etc etc. Those accusations would be worth a sh*t but Im sure many (and maybe u too) would talk this rubbish. Irrespective of what people think about him, let's leave it for Vijender to decide. He would not decide on what people want and would rather follow his heart. Whatever he has achieved in his field is worth appreciation. Terming his ranking a "doesnt matter" certainly is dismissing all his hard work.... and this is so very wrong.

Many congratulations to Vijender and I hope he becomes the best in his chosen field.

singhabhimanyu
August 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM
That's the point!

singhabhimanyu
August 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Yes. Cassius Clay threw his Olympic Gold won in Rome'1960 into Ohio river. I read this in one of the chapters in the CBSE English literature book in class 11 or 12. He was so much depressed with racial discrimination in his country US that he vowed never to represent US in Olympics again and so chose to fight in Professional circuit. A couple of years later he changed his religion and accepted a new name Muhammed Ali. More can be read in his autobiography.

Ali went to pro circuit after facing humiliation and no appreciation for winning a gold medal, that's a different story .. but fact is if you choose Pro boxing you can never participate in Olympics.

kiran.takhar
August 26th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Many Many Congratulations to Vijender .

malikdeepak1
September 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
See the link

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/sports/general/7_9_5825876.html

Keep rocking Vijender!! :rock:rock

sunnytewatia
September 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
See the link

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/sports/general/7_9_5825876.html

Keep rocking Vijender!! :rock:rock

this guy will surely go much much ahead. proud of this felow jat bro.

anilsangwan
September 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
धूमा था दिया भाई कालुवासिये ने ...... शाबाश बीजू ...

Dheeraj24
October 26th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Khushkhabri...

A Jat boxer , none other than our Vijender Singh Beniwal being invited by Queen ElizabethII of Britain along
with his proud father, as royal guest for a luncheon meeting.

Saare India ne khuvaan aala HARYANA
Iss baar london aala ke shahi pakwaan dakaarenga.

source: Haryana News Channel

vicky84
March 18th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Kudos to Vijender Singh on winning Commonwealth boxing gold. He is getting back on track once again. This gold will boost his morale.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/boxing/India-claim-overall-title-in-Commonwealth-Boxing-Championship/articleshow/5694631.cms

vicky84
March 18th, 2010, 03:41 AM
धूमा था दिया भाई कालुवासिये ने ...... शाबाश बीजू ...

Dhooma to thaan e laag rehya hai ibbe...daatyya nahi hai..

singhvp
March 18th, 2010, 07:32 AM
The boy next door has made all of us proud. But he made us - "the humble Bhiwani walahs" - more proud by bringing Bhiwani into limelight. Congratulations to this son of the soil.