PDA

View Full Version : First red wine and now beer...

poonam
August 26th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Seems all of 'em in moderation are doing some good, well ..good for us..:D

Moderate drinking 'boosts bones'

Women who drink moderate amounts of beer may be strengthening their bones, according to Spanish researchers.

Their study of almost 1,700 women, published in the journal Nutrition, found bone density was better in regular drinkers than non-drinkers.

But the team added that plant hormones in the beer rather than the alcohol may be responsible for the effects.

Experts urged caution, warning that drinking more than two units of alcohol a day was known to harm bone health.

Osteoporosis is a common problem for post-menopausal women, increasing the risk of disabling bone fractures later in life.

Further research

Scientists have been hunting for supplements which might help women maintain the strength of bones into old age.

The study authors, from the University of Extremadura in Caceres, said they did not recommend anyone drank beer to boost bone health, but said that ingredients of beer called phytoestrogens deserved further research.

They recruited volunteers with an average age of 48, and used ultrasound to measure the density of bones in their fingers.

The results were cross checked against factors such as their weight, age and alcohol use.

Women defined as "light" or "moderate" beer drinkers, covering consumption of up to 280 grams of alcohol a week - equivalent to up to five units a day, were found to have superior bone density to non-drinkers.

The findings echo those from earlier research projects, including one conducted at St Thomas' Hospital in London, which suggested that drinking an average of eight units a week of alcohol could be beneficial.

However, experts were quick to point out that the line between a "healthy" dose of alcohol and a damaging one might be very fine.

Health concerns
At 35 units a week, the upper limit of the "moderate" alcohol consumption defined by the study is double the recommended maximum for women.

Dr Claire Bowring, of the UK's National Osteoporosis Society, said that while the findings mirrored previous studies, it would not be recommending any woman to increase her alcohol consumption as a result.

"While low quantities of alcohol may appear to have bone density benefits, higher intakes have been shown to decrease bone strength, with an alcohol intake of more than two units per day actually increasing the risk of breaking a bone.

"There are also many other health concerns linked with alcohol which cannot be ignored."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8201899.stm

kiran.takhar
August 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Interesting research. :)

akshaymalik84
August 27th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Well i heard a theory...it goes like this.........

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.:D:D

cooljat
August 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM

That's a great find Dr saab, now you all can drink beers in moderate quantity. Btw, I like the Jatnis who drink thodi thodi .. I enjoy giving them company! ;)

Cheers ladies for good life and better health ahead. :)

poonam
August 28th, 2009, 01:43 AM

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.:D:D

Cool !!:D:D

LAst sentence...fantastic...you must be feeling really smart, right? ..:p:D

poonam
August 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM

Btw, I like the Jatnis who drink thodi thodi .. I enjoy giving them company! ;)

Ahem ahem...;) no comments..:D

poonam
August 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM

Cool !!:D:D

LAst sentence...fantastic...you must be feeling really smart, right? ..:p:D

So am I...hehehh:D

sidchhikara
August 28th, 2009, 03:16 AM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/schhikar/Desktop/funny_590.jpghttp://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_590.jpg (http://www.bigoo.ws/code/preview/223747.htm)

Aaahaaa !! ji saa aa gaya

dahiyarules
August 28th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Jit ke te gehre ho gaye! :D

cooljat
August 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Samaj mein koni aaya, maada sa elaborate kariye bhai. :p

Jit ke te gehre ho gaye! :D

akshaymalik84
August 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
So am I...hehehh:D

Yes, i was ...;)

Beer can also show us the path to heaven, Because when we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we committ no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So let's all get drunk and go to heaven.

cooljat
August 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Bhai Akshay, You have forgot something to mention here. The name of the inventor of this theory !! :)

Yes, that's me Jit Takhar .. I even was about to get Nobel prize for this wonderful theory but missed with minor margin.

Have a look: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695

Anyways, Good to see that people actually following my theory. :p

Cheers!

Jit

akshaymalik84
August 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=cooljat;222364]Bhai Akshay, You have forgot something to mention here. The name of the inventor of this theory !! :)

Yes, that's me Jit Takhar .. I even was about to get Nobel prize for this wonderful theory but missed with minor margin.

Cheers!

hahaha..........Jit.....i would have voted for you on this. Anyways i have a nice collection of many more theories on beer and drinking but yours was the best one i have seen and following since.......????:rolleyes:....

Keep drinking and keep inventing the new theories!;)

Cheers

singhabhimanyu
August 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
या थेओरी ते किस्से Hans Leemann नै लिख राखी है पहलम हे ...
http://www.leemann.li/pickedup/smarter.htm
Last modified: July 18, 2003 by Häns

Bhai Akshay, You have forgot something to mention here. The name of the inventor of this theory !! :)

Cheers!

Jit

anilsangwan
August 28th, 2009, 04:16 PM
या थेओरी ते किस्से hans leemann नै लिख राखी है पहलम हे ...
last modified: July 18, 2003 by häns

यो काट्या रोग भाई ...... योह पाड दिया पंखा सा..... अभिमन्यु यह लिंक कहाँ से मिला.....

anilsangwan
August 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I hope this गिलहरी is a "jatni" and someone gives her "Company" :-) ......देखो कंपनी के लिए इसने दो कैन ल्या राखी सें ...... हा हा हा हा हा हा

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/schhikar/Desktop/funny_590.jpghttp://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_590.jpg (http://www.bigoo.ws/code/preview/223747.htm)

Aaahaaa !! ji saa aa gaya

cooljat
August 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
hehehe..Take it easy dude, I think if you would go to my 'cool jat theory' link mentioned above then you perhaps won't give in that hard work to find the original author on google. Anyways, that thread was posted in time pass section so relax and have a chilled beer! ;)

Cheers n Chill :)

Now get back to the very topic, or Dr saab aur koi theory lya dengi ! :eek:

singhabhimanyu
August 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
भाई तू भी इजी लियो.This thread is where you are claiming to be the inventor of Cool Jat theory (चोर कै ठाई ओड़). And this is not TIME PASS thread. This is Health n Fitness. अडे कोई हैल्थ बनान आया करे अर कोई फिटनेस पूरी करण... अडे गालीलेओ (Galileo) बनन की कोई बात ना सै भाई.

अर भाई चिल्लज तू इस फोटू आली गिलहरी हे साथ कर ले, मैं ते पिया ना करू.
The name of the inventor of this theory !! :) Yes, that's me Jit Takhar. Have a look: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695

hehehe..Take it easy dude, I think if you would go to my 'cool jat theory' link mentioned above then you perhaps won't give in that hard work to find the original author on google. Anyways, that thread was posted in time pass section so relax and have a chilled beer! ;)

Cheers n Chill :)

Now get back to the very topic, or Dr saab aur koi theory lya dengi ! :eek:

singhabhimanyu
August 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
जाट कितनी भी इंग्लिश सीख ले भैंस ने भैंस हे कहवेगा. जिस दिन 'बुफ्फालो' लिख दे अपनी थेओरी में उडे हे बेर पाट जया है के किम्मे झोल सै

यो काट्या रोग भाई ...... योह पाड दिया पंखा सा..... अभिमन्यु यह लिंक कहाँ से मिला.....

cooljat
August 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Humm, It was originally a reply to Bhai Akshay, but with the help of Google Devta you found out the original inventor. Anyways, Interval over lets get back to the very thread. :)

Tu na piye to koi na, Raabdi ki maje le .. Dr saab aane hi aali hai .. eib saare chidi chup ! :| :|

Cheers!

भाई तू भी इजी लियो.This thread is where you are claiming to be the inventor of Cool Jat theory (चोर कै ठाई ओड़). And this is not TIME PASS thread. This is Health n Fitness. अडे कोई हैल्थ बनान आया करे अर कोई फिटनेस पूरी करण... अडे गालीलेओ (Galileo) बनन की कोई बात ना सै भाई.

अर भाई चिल्लज तू इस फोटू आली गिलहरी हे साथ कर ले, मैं ते पिया ना करू.
The name of the inventor of this theory !! :) Yes, that's me Jit Takhar. Have a look: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695

anilsangwan
August 28th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Bhai aap ne is thread ko majedaar bana diya :rock :rock :rock ..... Aaj to mein bhi pee kar Chill karunga..... :-) ...........

(चोर कै ठाई ओड़). अडे गालीलेओ (Galileo) बनन की कोई बात ना सै भाई.

VPannu
August 28th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Humm, It was originally a reply to Bhai Akshay, but with the help of Google Devta you found out the original inventor. Anyways, Interval over lets get back to the very thread. :)

Tu na piye to koi na, Raabdi ki maje le .. Dr saab aane hi aali hai .. eib saare chidi chup ! :| :|

Cheers!
K baat? issi kitni akk pii ja se beer? :confused:
baataaa te to isaaa laage hai ak RAJBHAAYA chaaaltaaa ho BEER ka ghar k aage ar paachhe :rock
ROCK ON se bhai

cooljat
August 28th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Yo dekh >> http://www.oktoberfest.de/ issa Festival aade Jaipur mein bhi organize karan aala hoon mein bhi, khud hi aa ke dekh liye aur golden water ka aanand bhi le liye ! :cool:

Rock on aur saath mein Cheers bhi !

baataaa te to isaaa laage hai ak RAJBHAAYA chaaaltaaa ho BEER ka ghar k aage ar paachhe :rock
ROCK ON se bhai

singhabhimanyu
August 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Saab? ak Sahiba?
डॉ साहिबा आएँगी अक चिडिमार आवेगा जो हम डरे. हाँ इंजेक्शन लगाएंगी तो फिर डरेंगे... लोल्ज़

Dr saab aane hi aali hai .. eib saare chidi chup ! :| :|

bazardparveen
August 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
yun to sahi oda(reason) pagya choriya na peen ka,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rock:rock:rockgood finding dr. ji

VJ
August 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
ROCK ON se bhai

yo kitte darru banan ke bhatte-bhutte pe laga pawega........:D

VJ
August 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.leemann.li/pickedup/smarter.htm (http://www.leemann.li/pickedup/smarter.htm)

bhai....10/10 number teri iss baat pe.......rock on.....:D

poonam
August 29th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Abhimanyu: Smart dig!

And you guys, Akshay and Jit: Credit te de diya karo jit te kaapy paste karo...:p

poonam
August 29th, 2009, 01:08 AM
. Dr saab aane hi aali hai .. eib saare chidi chup ! :| :|

Cheers!

main kad tayein baby sit karoon ....you deal with your troubles yourself...hehehehe...:D:p

anilsangwan
August 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM
main kad tayein baby sit karoon ....you deal with your troubles yourself...hehehehe...:D:p

:):):):):) .....:rock

poonam17
August 31st, 2009, 05:45 AM
yo kitte darru banan ke bhatte-bhutte pe laga pawega........:D

ya te bade paimane pe shuru hogi dikhe sai bhai, ib tahin te bhatthi suni thi.:D

rkumar
August 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Yes, i was ...;)

Beer can also show us the path to heaven, Because when we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we committ no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So let's all get drunk and go to heaven.

I am sure heaven will get too crowded at least for some time. With no wine shops in heaven, we might have to walk to the hell now and then...LOL... aur agar ye saare Jatlander daaru pe ke swarg pahunch ge to bhai sabte pehle Inder ka Takhta ultenge... fer manka aur Rambha ka naach dekhenge... aur mahara leader bollega ..naach menka naach....

RK^2

anilsangwan
August 31st, 2009, 11:02 AM
hummmmmmmmmm !!!! Khwaab !!!! :rock :rock

I am sure heaven will get too crowded at least for some time. With no wine shops in heaven, we might have to walk to the hell now and then...LOL... aur agar ye saare Jatlander daaru pe ke swarg pahunch ge to bhai sabte pehle Inder ka Takhta ultenge... fer manka aur Rambha ka naach dekhenge...aur mahara leader bollega ..naach menka naach....

RK^2

singhabhimanyu
August 31st, 2009, 02:01 PM
अंकल जी, कोई भी साउथ इंडियन पिक्चर ठा कै देख लो .... निरी मेनका रम्बा मन्दाकिनी नाचे सै.

takhta ultenge... fer manka aur rambha ka naach dekhenge... Aur mahara leader bollega ..naach menka naach....

Rk^2

aryasatyadev
August 31st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Yes, i was ...;)

Beer can also show us the path to heaven, Because when we drink, we get drunk.

nice logic...... revolutionary thoughts

akshaymalik84
September 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM
I am sure heaven will get too crowded at least for some time. With no wine shops in heaven, we might have to walk to the hell now and then...LOL... aur agar ye saare Jatlander daaru pe ke swarg pahunch ge to bhai sabte pehle Inder ka Takhta ultenge... fer manka aur Rambha ka naach dekhenge... aur mahara leader bollega ..naach menka naach....

RK^2

Hahahaha Uncle Ji.......

Saare bhaiya te Vintee hai ki Jabe maro to aapni aapni Botal gel le liyo...Swarg k theke band ho liye hai or Jo bhai nahi pite wo apna Real juice(Guvava nector) tha liyo ....:D:D

Is baat pe ek sher yaad aa gya..

Botal chupa lo kafan mai,
Kabar mein baith k piya karenge,
jab jab maange hisab khuda to,
peg bana kar diya karenge.;)

Rahi baat Menka or Rambha ki.....to we to dharti pe e itni ho rhi hai ki swarg mai jaan ki k jaroorat hai....:D:D

Sorry for adding humor to health thread,but then laughing is good for health.:)

VJ
September 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM

path to heaven का त बेरा नहीं, पर जै मै दारू पिए पाछे अपने घर आला के फस गया , त वे मेरे गोला-लाठी दे के...मैंने ओबरे में जरुर गेर देंगे..... :(

akki bhaiya....isse isse explosive idea kit teh laoo soo..... :D

rana1
September 1st, 2009, 04:57 PM
path to heaven का त बेरा नहीं, पर जै मै दारू पिए पाछे अपने घर आला के फस गया , त वे मेरे गोला-लाठी दे के...मैंने ओबरे में जरुर गेर देंगे..... :(

akki bhaiya....isse isse explosive idea kit teh laoo soo..... :D

R VJ.Ghar alle t goala lathi jaya tai deya kare we nu socha kare ak dekh chora aap t baher ja k botel pee awee s r mahre taii pauaa bhi na lata 2 ,2 dhakn sara n de deya ker fier dekh we aap sare tude alle m sowe ge r tane bed p suwawe ge

VJ
September 1st, 2009, 05:05 PM
R VJ.Ghar alle t goala lathi jaya tai deya kare we nu socha kare ak dekh chora aap t baher ja k botel pee awee s r mahre taii pauaa bhi na lata 2 ,2 dhakn sara n de deya ker fier dekh we aap sare tude alle m sowe ge r tane bed p suwawe ge

hahahahahahhaa bhai...kilkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiii

na bhai..issa kaam na karna.....:D

malikdeepak1
September 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
2 ,2 dhakn sara n de deya ker fier dekh we aap sare tude alle m sowe ge r tane bed p suwawe ge

भाई घूँट मारे पाच्छे ते तुड़े आला भी बेड बर्गा लागेगा | ;)

aryasatyadev
September 1st, 2009, 08:43 PM

Itni garmi me Piliya karwaoge jhkoiyon:D

karan
October 17th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Je isi jatni ho tey hum bhi beer peeni shuroo karan arr nah teh single malt scotch pee key raazi rehenge.
She is a bollywood Actor Claudia Ciesla

akshaymalik84
October 17th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Je isi jatni ho tey hum bhi beer peeni shuroo karan arr nah teh single malt scotch pee key raazi rehenge.

Hanji ya mere khayal te big boss 3 mai bhi aawe hai......:confused:...

poonam
October 21st, 2009, 10:35 PM

No disrespect..jatnis are way better than the one attached :rolleyes:

prashantacmet
October 31st, 2009, 03:39 AM
can u elaborate a bit?

rocky0036
October 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
garmi te marga ke bhai ne
तुड़े main bhai admi na soya karte