PDA

View Full Version : 6th Pay Commission

malikdeepak1
September 6th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Center Government has implemented the 6th pay commission from Jan 2006 for the employees. Mostly all the state Govenments have also implemented this in their states, but there have been several agitations against it. This is because the pay commission has resulted in salary decrement for many departments. Just for an example, JBT teachers who earlier used to get 16400+ salary now gets only 13000+ after the 6th pay commission. Same case is for BSNL Junior Telecom Officers.
I could not make out on what basis the salaries have been decreased? In earlier pay commissions salaries of govt. officials increased as against the present one. How can they decrease the pay band for a person?

If a person was having a pay band of 9850-14500, his pay band is starting from 9300 now which is injustice to that employee. The implementation of this commission is having some severe loopholes. Government should act sooner rather than later to avoid the chaos.

HPMalikDaboda
September 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
With the implementation of 6th Central Pay Commission in Central Govt. service and thereafter the pressure applied by Service officers of Army, Navy and Air Force an anomaly has been created. Prior to implementation of the 6th Pay Commission a Deputy Secretary in the Central Govt. was getting the same grade as a Lt Col/Cdr/Wg Cdr of the Services (though in status a Deputy Secretary was considered higher). Service Officers were given equity in pay with Dy Secy taking into arduous duties attached to the Service. Now Service officers put pressure on the Govt. and their pressure worked with the result Govt. has granted Pay Band 4 to Lt Col and equivalents but Dy Secretaries are still in PB 3. Moreover Rs.6000 per month as Military Service pay has also been granted to all officers with the result officers of the level of Dy Secretary in Central Govt. feel frustrated. This is because civilian officers cannot exert the amount of pressure applied by service officers. Moreover every politician (including Ministers) do not want to go against the demand of Services so their demand was agreed to after initial hitch. Though as a Jat I have every regard for Services and all of us have many family members and relatives in the three Services yet an anomaly is an anomaly.

poonam17
September 10th, 2009, 04:36 AM
There is a site maintained by Govt. of India for this purpose only it also clarifies the various pay bands and latest decisions taken by Govt. on the recommendation of CPC, if you have any problem you can register the same.

HPMalikDaboda
September 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I do not have any doubt about the Pay Bands. I just wanted to air an anomaly created by the Govt. under pressure. It may not be out of place to mention that 6th Central Pay Commission had recommended Service officers of the rank of Colonel and equivalent in Pay Band III and now after implementation of the recommendations of the Pay Commission by the Govt. the position is that not only Col. and equivalent but also Lt Col and equivalent are in Pay Band-4. This is good because we as Jats have many of our family members and relatives in the three forces and have benefited out of this decision of the Govt. of India. But my fear is that it may not ultimately prove to be good for the democracy of India because the Govt. has a tendency to succumb to the pressure of the three forces. Mind it the forces have an autocratic style of functioning and democracy is neither taught to them nor are they expected to function in a democratic way of life. In our neighbourhood we have seen that democracy has been overpowered by dictators. We should all pray that anything like this does not happen in India.

Fateh
November 3rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Dear friend HP Malik, you have mentioned totally wrong facts in both of your posts above, deputy secratary is not at all higher in status than LT COL/Cdr/ Wg Cdr. Please see the ruling letter of Home ministry of 1978, mind you earlier the status of defence officers was much higher. secondly COL was never in 3rd band. For your kind info, salary of service officers was always higher than IAS. Brother the fact is that def forces never behaved like dictator, otherwise they would not have faced such a bad situation & you would not have expressed wrong facts freely

chandrajeet
November 4th, 2009, 11:38 PM
the 6th pay commission is totally wrong, the country is not in the position to pay to much higer salary except defence.
in india the civil govt.servants are 95% currupted and they shows that bribe is correct. i think that indian govt. servants are not eligible for rs 10000/month.
they have no responsiblity, they have no charm to do work, they are thinking that after joining govt.service they have achieve the licence for take bribes.
so think this is the only for vote.
95% govt.servants very2 makkar and gaddar against the country.

jakharanil
November 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM
the 6th pay commission is totally wrong, the country is not in the position to pay to much higer salary except defence.
in india the civil govt.servants are 95% currupted and they shows that bribe is correct. i think that indian govt. servants are not eligible for rs 10000/month.
they have no responsiblity, they have no charm to do work, they are thinking that after joining govt.service they have achieve the licence for take bribes.

Dear chandrajeet, u r 100% right, right,right... 100%

jagdishdalal
November 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM

aapka kehna theek hai ki curruption hai. kya govt. employee jo teacher hai, ya jo statistical deptt. mein hai (aur bhi bahut se deptt hai jahan bribe ke chances nahi hote hai ) 10 saal ke baad salary hike ke haqdar nahi hote hai. aap curruption ki baat kar rahe hai, kya aapne kabhi isse rokne ki koshish ki , nahi na phir ye aarop kyon. jitna karne wala gunahgaar hota hai, usse jayada usko dekhkar chup rehne wala.
jis desh ki 99% public currupt ho uske 95% employee agar currupt ho to kya badi baat hai. jahan kya business man naqli ghee, naqli medicine, naqli milk sell karta ho. jahan ka manufecturer currupt ho, wahan ka employee bhi hoga.

raj2rif
November 13th, 2009, 10:01 PM

Dear Charanjeet Ji,
I don't think only defense personnel should get the pay hike. The pay hike is the function of inflation from which every citizen of the country is affected, and therefore every one should be getting a pay hike. The question is how much? I think no matter who we are and what we are, at the end of the day, we need to manage two square meals for our families who depend on us, probably a roof and adequate clothing. There are other things those are needed, for the development of a child as well as people of all age groups, but these are the most essential items.
As regards to corruption, defense forces are not immune to it. We have seen many cases coming into media, and probably equal number must have been dealt with at internal level and never saw the media's attention. Having said that, if corruption be the criteria not to give pay hike, how will you find out and single out corrupt people within the defense forces to prevent the pay hike, and how will you compensate the honest people within the civil services and other walks of life, who are honest even if that percentage is in single digit.
Pay hike is needed to meet the challenges of inflation thereby ensuring that the families have at least consistent buying power. Fighting corruption is an issue, every time we discuss any subject, but "HOW". I think that would be the separate discussion, but for this subject, I believe that it is the right of all citizens to get the pay hike at regular intervals.