PDA

View Full Version : Work V/s Leisure

aryasatyadev
September 12th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Recently our doctor while talking to us on the health issues related to exessive work culture today told us that as per a report of WHO, the people who spends less time in leisuerly activities or spend time with their families are more prone to many diseases..... Following is the estimates of Work Vs Leisure time being spent by individuals in last three decades....
http://gesterling.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/picture-613.png?w=450&h=317

After podering over the issue, It became evident that month after month of potential relaxation time is squandered to jobs, with millions of would-be leisurers prohibited from sleeping in, working on hobbies, or taking trips for the sake of earning a few more bucks.... The question is : What is leisure? As the balance between work and rest, it is the opposite of idleness because it is the basis from which good work starts and grows. We might say that leisure is the beginning of all virtues in the sense that it is an inner attitude of openness and trust. Its characteristics are “taking it easy” rather than “keeping busy,” of “allowing things to happen,” not “keeping things under control.” Further it is also important that we should not suppose that activity-passivity, productivity-receptivity, give-take, represent a dichotomy of work and leisure. Passivity is not leisure; neither is receptivity nor a mere taking in. Leisure is not the opposite of activity, productivity, or work. Rather, leisure is the right balance between give and take, between work and rest, and it can therefore be achieved in work as well as in rest.

Is the money all important thing in todays world?
Does we have no obligation towards our family or does they not deserve our time and attention?
What should be the balance between work and Leisure?

aryasatyadev
September 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Here, I came across an article on the side effects of busy life style:
http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/delhiarticleshow/5007189.cms

anilsinghd
September 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hello Satya Dev Arya Sir , not to be off topic , may I request you to please follow up with an earlier topic of yours and complete the discussions before starting a new one.

I really liked the managers v leaders topic but because of short of time could not reply. Too many topics dilute quality and attention.

PS: A request to not start new topics while there are ongoing ones. Please disregard my post and forgive me if you do not agree.

Thanks,
Anil

kapdal
September 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hello Satya Dev Arya Sir , not to be off topic , may I request you to please follow up with an earlier topic of yours and complete the discussions before starting a new one.

I really liked the managers v leaders topic but because of short of time could not reply. Too many topics dilute quality and attention.

PS: A request to not start new topics while there are ongoing ones. Please disregard my post and forgive me if you do not agree.

Thanks,
Anil

You are getting too demanding...:D

aryasatyadev
September 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Thanks,
Anil

Dear, starting many topics at a time might dilute the quality and attention of some....... but you should appriciate that not all the members are equally coming forward on all the topics......
and it is also an attempt to be keep the discussions somewaht away from political threads..... which are always dilutung the quality and attention of worthy members......
And hey thanks for the suggestion bro.........;)
I will try to stick to it........:D