PDA

View Full Version : How is jatland benefitting jat community ?

narwaldeepak
September 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Dear Friends ,

I joined this site as a member as soon as i got to know about its existence, thanks to the friend of mine who told me about jatland .
Its not been very long since jats are heading towards so-called corporate world ,seeking carrier alternates As the traditional livelihood option in our villages is slowly getting extinct . Lands are getting smaller and smaller forcing our people to plunge into all these professions which most of us are currently in.
And yes, not at all for the vaunt , jats are doing pretty well there.

The prologue was just to set the ground for my question .. “ What Jatland stands for “ is this just another site to provide online platform to a specific community like all other sites (say sikhwiki , jattworld etc) . or it has some great motive behind it? For some , my question my seems absurd , obsolete and non-sense as well :o . But still I will go ahead with my urge of knowing the purpose behind bringing this site up.

This site has got a really good membership , some people here (say members), I feel, are quite impressive in their thoughts and talks .All are computer literates and some may be pro’s as well. People from different backgrounds have joined together , enriching the site for its effectiveness . We talk about concurrent social issues , state politics and role of jats in it, Panchayats and their decisions , Jat achievers and several similar subjects. We get to know about our history and customs through the thought-puts of contributing members. Sometimes we try to use this site as a medium of campaigning for our favorite candidates as well :o.

It’s very hard to convince/influence a educated young gentleman (I am not letting ladies go by saying gentleman). And that’s why all threads posted on JatLand give birth to very rigorous and elaborative debates , sometimes healthy too :o . But have we ever reached a consensus ? Someone will now start a discussion saying consensus is not a term in democracy, people will use their right to speak. But I would put a question seeking a positive reply from all my friends , the members of jatland : “ isn’t this site meant for upbringing of the Jat Community?” .

And now , are we really concerned about wellbeing of our brethren whose standard of living has come on a constant decline ,if yes , please suggest me how are we helping our people …. And how can we use this site as a medium to unite this community and strengthen our socio-economic status in coming time.

I solicit the criticism as well if I have tried to mislead …

vrshokeen
September 27th, 2009, 05:26 PM
For me Jatland is a platform where i can get/put the views on all kind of issues from my own community.
This is a clean and controlled site as compare to other
many a time i have got lot of technical helps from this very site
of course i met some of my old friends and more of new one here only
entertainment section is unique on the net particularly the typical Haryanvi jokes
views on social and political responsibility are admirable
and last but not least feeling of being at home when i am on the Jatland
A real so called virtual JATLAND

regards and my salute to the JATLAND and to the Jatlanders

lalit_nashier
September 28th, 2009, 07:39 AM
JatLand is my virtual home. :)

sandeepnarwal
September 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hello friends

Discussing about the relevant use of Jatland and how it helps the community can be inferred as a positive aspect of this virtual community as it abbreviates the path for panegyric people of the so said Jat community to spread a word and popularity of the community,but how effectively.At the same time, what if the majority of the community is abandoned as they are in rural areas. Now comes the central idea of the discussion: "How is jatland benefitting jat community ?" Ironically its NIL. I am not here to fulminate anyone for not reaching to the rural population, idea behind this jatland should also include to reach to the people where the connectivity is meagre(apart from finding friends etc..). For this a number of measures can be taken by the moderators and profound people of the community.

The sedulous working of all of us together will conclude in abridging the people together to make it a better interaction among community. After all, white collar people and the people of community working in corporates can understand whats about all this fuss is. But to make people from far flung areas literate what's their identity in the nation will be a achievement.

P.S: Additions of charities will be a bonus.

Best Of Luck.

-Regards
Sandeep Narwal

vdhillon
December 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Interesting subject.

How does this site impacts the wider jats society?
- a well meaning
- but poorly moderated site,
- patronised by elite jats (with internet access),
- and even among elite only few select jats (either they are office bearers of the site or some doggedly determined members who continue to post regardless of their dissatisfaction with various aspects including moderation style, lack of long term strategic vision for the ste, etc),
- many only coming for matrimonials then becomeing dormant,
- shut out by mods

Enlighten me please, I am just a wonderer. Open to be influenced by other members view :)

Thanks.