PDA

View Full Version : Vijender - now number one.

navingulia
September 30th, 2009, 08:30 AM
This is wonderful news.
Its very heartening to see a youg sportsman from the community reach the top.
He should and will inspire a generation of sportsmen youngsters am sure.
(i am surprised, the news hasnot reached Jatland) :)

malikdeepak1
September 30th, 2009, 08:32 AM
(i am surprised, the news hasnot reached Jatland) :)

Pahuch gayi hai sir.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=227020&postcount=32

:)

Khatkar
September 30th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I read the news in today TOI.

In the morning Dil garden garden ho gaya.

:rock

cooljat
September 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Congrats to Vijender n wish him all the best for future.

Hope now on he defend his no #1 place for long n' convert bronze in silver n silver in golds !

Cheers !!

sunitahooda
September 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Good news......thats a quick ladder to SUCCESS n NO.1 position:)

bazardparveen
September 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Heartiest congratulation to vijender!!!!

sunillathwal
September 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Good news... congratulations to Vijender.

karan
October 1st, 2009, 03:09 AM
Guys what is so great about Vijendar being #1 boxer? Do we really know the story behind making him number 1. Lets look at it objectively,
1. Only bronze medalist in all competitive fights.
2. Bronze medal is given because he was in quarter finals and regardless of winning or losing, you are assured a Bronze medalist.
3. Skill wise he lost to Cuban's and Central Asian every time.

I hope he shows some skills, and moves up from being a 4th place loser.

Seems to me he is falling in the same trap as Sania Mirza, who became an icon because of her young age, good looks but always lacked skills. She never won any major tournament in her career, didn't even come close to wining any grand slams or open titles, shown the exit door in 2nd or 3rd round. Yet she was raking in money like crazy. Few years later, she is just another pretty face who is now boring just like Anna Kournikova.

sanjaymalik
October 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
Guys what is so great about Vijendar being #1 boxer? Do we really know the story behind making him number 1. Lets look at it objectively,
1. Only bronze medalist in all competitive fights.
2. Bronze medal is given because he was in quarter finals and regardless of winning or losing, you are assured a Bronze medalist.
3. Skill wise he lost to Cuban's and Central Asian every time.

I hope he shows some skills, and moves up from being a 4th place loser.

Seems to me he is falling in the same trap as Sania Mirza, who became an icon because of her young age, good looks but always lacked skills. She never won any major tournament in her career, didn't even come close to wining any grand slams or open titles, shown the exit door in 2nd or 3rd round. Yet she was raking in money like crazy. Few years later, she is just another pretty face who is now boring just like Anna Kournikova.

Yes you are very right sir, although he becames no 1 due to number game( Jod tod ke ganit se) but not due his performance, As far as his performance he is in the line of 2/3 kind of boxer. in every events. He needs to do more hardworks if he really want to be no 1, but still doing good from our community. Congrates him.