PDA

View Full Version : Karva Chauth

vrshokeen
October 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
It is always nice to have a lot of festival and customs in our society but some of them are not only festival but they are like some punishment for a few like Holi is a punishment for those who do not want to play due to any reasons at Deepawli u have to hear the crackers u like or not etc etc
then why shouldnt we consider the karva chauth a cruel fast for ladies /gals as they have to be on fast even without water its a cruelty we have lot of better way to pray and ofcourse to show our dedication and love .i think this is the time for some serious thought for eliminating such a things from our society .

regards

vijay shokeen

choudharyneelam
October 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
One of our aunt never fast for this invalidated reason n her husband also never mind this. She is from our village only.

Though this is a beautiful ritual/ceremony. :)

Mishti
October 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Well Sir
As Ms Neelam gave an example, if one does not wish to remain hungry she can always have her way and as for eliminating this from our society I can bet there are some girls like me who are desperately waiting for the day when we can also fast and get pampered like our Moms !!!!

malikdeepak1
October 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
It is always nice to have a lot of festival and customs in our society but some of them are not only festival but they are like some punishment for a few like Holi is a punishment for those who do not want to play due to any reasons at Deepawli u have to hear the crackers u like or not etc etc
then why shouldnt we consider the karva chauth a cruel fast for ladies /gals as they have to be on fast even without water its a cruelty we have lot of better way to pray and ofcourse to show our dedication and love .i think this is the time for some serious thought for eliminating such a things from our society .

regards

vijay shokeen

It depends on individual thinking shokeen bhaisaab. Koi fast rakhna chahta to rakhe aur nahi rakhna chahta to mat rakhe. Choice is yours. Nobody will come on ur back saying aapne kyu rakha ya nahi rakha. These are traditions followed since ages.

narendra81
October 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
i agree..
choice is yours what u want.. nobody should get forced..
if u enjoy the different day.. go for it.. beech mein bhookh lag jaye to kha lo khana... :)
but for a change all these festivals are good.. at least they break this boring routine life.. and bring some change :)

Samarkadian
October 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
i agree..
if u enjoy the different day.. go for it.. beech mein bhookh lag jaye to kha lo khana... :)
but for a change all these festivals are good.. at least they break this boring routine life.. and bring some change :)

I am sure you wanted to say shopping-mania.

narendra81
October 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
bhai i can just imagine i ve no experience of this festival...
may be senior members will through some light on this preety festival... :)

I am sure you wanted to say shopping-mania.

sunitahooda
October 3rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
All rituals that used to be simple are becoming commercialized these days....I wont be surprised if "HALLMARK n "ARCHIES" have already started greeting cards for Karwa-chauth n Husband gives one and those who dont give face a fair share of wife's fury:D I've seen wives forcing husbands days before karva-chauth to buy gifts n jewellery just because they are on a one day fast for their well-being:p

Mahandi aale jo normal days mai 20-30 rs liya karein wey iss din 300 tai kum baat na kartey arr 300 mai bi issi laya karein ke 2nd ya 3rd ke baalak aachhey design bana dey unn tai :p

P.S.- Not to offend anyone but everyone will die when death comes:)there's no substitute to death:o

rocky0036
October 3rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
:D:rockmuje lagta hai kuch ladke bhi rhakna chate hai karva chauth :D:rock

sunitahooda
October 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
A very close friend of mine....not to mention BAHMANI(Sharma) will tell her fiancee that i've kept fast but will keep eating whole day n wont forget to take diamond ring from him;)

Ek bai manne kah diya akk ya to cheating hai tere pai ke diamonds ki kammi hai to boli cheating to tab hai na jab usko pata chale:D

skarmveer
October 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Our festivals are very beautiful as well as meaningful for those who like and enjoy with love and devotion. I think everybody like to celeberate festivels in the world with their own way, if somebody like to have more foods then routine and prey for their lovedones then also ok but its not right to say this a crual way to fast on this great day.

"Bhai ham tey intjaar karey hai kai din pahlay say hee kee kad aavegee wa karva Chouth ya baat alag hai key kai baar jaib(pocket) jayada hee halkee ho ja hai"

"Karva Chouth kee sabhee ko bahut-2 Subh Kamnaye"

"Sabhi key pati hamesha unkey hee rahey, Unhey bahut payar day hamesha unka dhayan rakhey or unka manchaha uphaar unhey dilwai"

skarmveer
October 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Bhai kaam tey ghana hee kerda hai yeo tey in Veerangnao kee hee himmt hai jo sara kaam bhee kar lay hai or vart bhee ker lay hai.

choudharyneelam
October 3rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
All rituals that used to be simple are becoming commercialized these days....I wont be surprised if "HALLMARK n "ARCHIES" have already started greeting cards for Karwa-chauth n Husband gives one and those who dont give face a fair share of wife's fury:D I've seen wives forcing husbands days before karva-chauth to buy gifts n jewellery just because they are on a one day fast for their well-being:p

Mahandi aale jo normal days mai 20-30 rs liya karein wey iss din 300 tai kum baat na kartey arr 300 mai bi issi laya karein ke 2nd ya 3rd ke baalak aachhey design bana dey unn tai :p

P.S.- Not to offend anyone but everyone will die when death comes:)there's no substitute to death:o

Bilkul sahi kahan tumne....bheed mein chahe do ghante mein gaadi nikle, lekin tohfe ki tarah leke aate hain wives ko mehandi lagwa kar...order jo hote hain ;):D .....bechare patidev darte sab baat maante hain....kahin agle janam ye na mili to kaun jhelega unhe .....hehehe :D:p

choudharyneelam
October 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM

lagta nahin....sach baat hai....males also fast for their wives

bishanleo2001
October 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Manjeet manne lage hai tera bhee ghana jee kar raha hai ????

rocky0036
October 3rd, 2009, 08:31 PM
Manjeet manne lage hai tera bhee ghana jee kar raha hai ????
na main na visvaas karta in sab main

vrshokeen
October 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
i agree..

I am agree dear choice is of individuals but see what happen after a certain period they become necessity like
Sati-Partha initially it was by choice only later a serious social disease
Ghoonghat it was also by choice now it is hard to eliminate
untouchability again may be a problem of individuals but a serious threat of society
Dowry initially and even now it is your choice whether u want to give it or not but at the same time it is your some short of boundation
i personally feel something similar emerging out from this situation also

narendra81
October 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
dont worry vijay.. itz not somthing life threatning..
u know what.. if u fast once a week, it will help u cleansing your body and contributes in better disgetive system...
so anyhow ladies are getting good chance to stay healthy..
i would say u also should try this...
u may not fast for ur wife..itz OK.. try fasting for urself... she will be happy anyway... :)

vrshokeen
October 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM
bhai sahib sabdarth ka reply kiya bhavarth ko nahi

skarmveer
October 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Sabhi ko is pawan parv kee Hardik Badhai eavm Bahut-2 Subh Kamnaye.
Bhagwan sabhi Vart Rakhney waloon kee Manokamnaye Puri Karey, Unkay Pati Hamesha unko Bharpur payar dey or unka pura dhayan rakhey.

Karva Chauth kee Vart Katha.

"A long long time ago, there lived a beautiful princess by the name of Veeravati. When she was of the marriageable age, Veeravati was married to a king. On the occasion of the first Karva Chauth after her marriage, she went to her parents’ house."

"After sunrise, she observed a strict fast. However, the queen was too delicate and couldn’t stand the rigours of fasting. By evening, Veeravati was too weak, and fainted. Now, the queen had seven brothers who loved her dearly. They couldn’t stand the plight of their sister and decided to end her fast by deceiving her. They made a fire at the nearby hill and asked their sister to see the glow. They assured her that it was the moonlight and since the moon had risen, she could break her fast."

"However, the moment the gullible queen ate her dinner, she received the news that her husband, the king, was dead. The queen was heartbroken and rushed to her husband’s palace. On the way, she met Lord Shiva and his consort, Goddess Parvati. Parvati informed her that the king had died because the queen had broken her fast by watching a false moon. However, when the queen asked her for forgiveness, the goddess granted her the boon that the king would be revived but would be ill."

"When the queen reached the palace, she found the king lying unconscious with hundreds of needles inserted in his body. Each day, the queen managed to remove one needle from the king’s body. Next year, on the day of Karva Chauth, only one needle remained embedded in the body of the unconscious king."

"The queen observed a strict fast that day and when she went to the market to buy the karva for the puja , her maid removed the remaining needle from the king’s body. The king regained consciousness, and mistook the maid for his queen. When the real queen returned to the palace, she was made to serve as a maid."

"However, Veeravati was true to her faith and religiously observed the Karva Chauth vrat . Once when the king was going to some other kingdom, he asked the real queen (now turned maid) if she wanted anything. The queen asked for a pair of identical dolls. The king obliged and the queen kept singing a song " Roli ki Goli ho gayi... Goli ki Roli ho gayi " (the queen has turned into a maid and the maid has turned into a queen)."

"On being asked by the king as to why did she keep repeating that song, Veeravati narrated the entire story. The king repented and restored the queen to her royal status. It was only the queen’s devotion and her faith that won her husband’s affection and the blessings of Goddess Parvati."

prashantacmet
October 7th, 2009, 12:42 PM
aapko bahut bahut badhai ho karva chauth ki........thanks for wonderful story!!

Nishantrathi82
October 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Karmveer g for sharing the story. Sabko tyohaar ke badhaiyan.
Maane bhi intjaar reh hai inn sabka accha accha khaana baanta hai hehehehehe:D

sameerahlawat
October 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM
It depends on individual thinking shokeen bhaisaab. Koi fast rakhna chahta to rakhe aur nahi rakhna chahta to mat rakhe. Choice is yours. Nobody will come on ur back saying aapne kyu rakha ya nahi rakha. These are traditions followed since ages.
Sahi kaha bhai deepak jo rakhna chahe rakhe or jo naa chahe naa rakhe.waise hai to ye sab bekar ki baate aaj subah jab mai office aa raha tha to raaste mai 1 accident ho raakha tha,sardar tha 1 maatha foota pada tha us bechare ka.Ban gaya uski wife ka te karwachauth

hoodarajesh
October 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM
it is always nice to have a lot of festival and customs in our society but some of them are not only festival but they are like some punishment for a few like holi is a punishment for those who do not want to play due to any reasons at deepawli u have to hear the crackers u like or not etc etc

Regards

vijay shokeen

भाई ये करवा चोथ १०- १५ साल पहले तक सिर्फ बामण बनिया की ओरते
ही मनाया करती . जाटो की ओरतो को ये दकोसले करने का कहा टाइम था .
पर आज कल हमारी ओरते भी करने लग गई . कुछ सालो से करवा चोथ .
वेलेंटिन डे . फ्रेंड शिप डे . आदि का मनाने का परचालन बढता जा रहा है .
और हमारे पुराने त्योहारो का घटता जा रहा है .

captkalkal
October 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM
भाई मेरी दादी नै तो कद्दे नहीं करया यो व्रत अर् दादा काफी उम्र ले कै गया था !!:rock:rock

हाम आपनी माँ नै देख कै पूछ्या करते दादी यो गामां मै क्यूँ नहीं राख्या जाता तो दादी न्यू क्या करती अक भाई ये फंड हामनै तो कदे देखे नहीं इब्बै चाल ग्ये !! :rock:rock

No offences meant, even my wife is on a fast today and I've been calling her continously since morning !! ;);)

sidchhikara
October 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Karmveer Chahal bhaisaab ... manne lage sei aap Punjabi, Baniya ki colony mein raho so - Saare festival ka aapne advance mein dhyaan reh se ... er saare procedure bhi bera sei. Diwali mein kuch naya rule/procedure iss baar?

singhabhimanyu
October 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
i dont think it is required by rule to keep karva chauth. the world wont crash down if a few people keep it or otherwise. let them fast if that makes them happy. i think we can respect innocuous emotions.

raka
October 7th, 2009, 09:12 PM
भाई मेरी दादी नै तो कद्दे नहीं करया यो व्रत अर् दादा काफी उम्र ले कै गया था !!:rock:rock

हाम आपनी माँ नै देख कै पूछ्या करते दादी यो गामां मै क्यूँ नहीं राख्या जाता तो दादी न्यू क्या करती अक भाई ये फंड हामनै तो कदे देखे नहीं इब्बै चाल ग्ये !! :rock:rock

No offences meant, even my wife is on a fast today and I've been calling her continously since morning !! ;);)
daadi sahi kah thi kaptaan saab , agar in barta ta kimme hotaa ho to apne fauji shaheed a konyaa ho ...is andhvishwaas n to kashmir aalaa mandir lutwa diyaa thaa...baaki shardaa s apni apni ...

ritu
October 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
we should respect the ppl who believe in this.its their own belief and their is no harm doing the fasting.....yeah but ppl should not do it out of fear .i used to do it till this year but bcoz of my low bp i can not take fasting any more.jaan hai jahaan(patti) hai.i decided i will be nice to my husband all day today and will make a nice bfast lunch and dinner....which we all will enjoy eating together.:)

Maniisha
October 7th, 2009, 10:26 PM
we should respect the ppl who believe in this.its their own belief and their is no harm doing the fasting.....yeah but ppl should not do it out of fear .i used to do it till this year but bcoz of my low bp i can not take fasting any more.jaan hai jahaan(patti) hai.i decided i will be nice to my husband all day today and will make a nice bfast lunch and dinner....which we all will enjoy eating together.:)

Wot abt othr days Ritu Jee :D ...

urmiladuhan
October 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I agree too- nothing should be done out of fear.

if i may ask, what did you serve for breakfast, lunch and dinner? - this is really a very nice idea.

rkumar
October 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
One of our aunt never fast for this invalidated reason n her husband also never mind this. She is from our village only.

During our childhood, Karva chauth was never an important festival in rural India. I don't remember any lady in our neighbourhood ever having fast or anything. It was considered only a Baniya Brahman fast.

RK^2

rkumar
October 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM

why not... But not the Karwa Chauth.....May be a "Bottle Chauth"......LOL

RK^2

rkumar
October 7th, 2009, 10:55 PM
भाई ये करवा चोथ १०- १५ साल पहले तक सिर्फ बामण बनिया की ओरते
ही मनाया करती . जाटो की ओरतो को ये दकोसले करने का कहा टाइम था .
पर आज कल हमारी ओरते भी करने लग गई . कुछ सालो से करवा चोथ .
वेलेंटिन डे . फ्रेंड शिप डे . आदि का मनाने का परचालन बढता जा रहा है .
और हमारे पुराने त्योहारो का घटता जा रहा है .

Correct...

RK^2

ritu
October 7th, 2009, 11:39 PM
manisha jee sara din nice rahhne ke liye extra effort karna paddta hai.....abhi aapki shaadi nahi hui na aap abhi nahi samjhogge.

ritu
October 7th, 2009, 11:50 PM
bfast daal makhani roti lassi, lunch fruits and dinner- cholle poori aloo gobhi halwa
I agree too- nothing should be done out of fear.

if i may ask, what did you serve for breakfast, lunch and dinner? - this is really a very nice idea.

raka
October 7th, 2009, 11:59 PM
bakki din sehrawat saab kaa farj s....

ritu
October 8th, 2009, 12:05 AM
farz la lo mazboori la lo.....:D
bakki din sehrawat saab kaa farj s....

sidchhikara
October 8th, 2009, 12:48 AM
bfast daal makhani roti lassi, lunch fruits and dinner- cholle poori aloo gobhi halwa

Ritu ... tere husband ke te jee saa aa jaaga aaj ! Chhuti le raakhi se?

ritu
October 8th, 2009, 12:55 AM
na chutti koni le raakhi jabbe te lunch me fruits likkhe .fruit le ke gyae se
Ritu ... tere husband ke te jee saa aa jaaga aaj ! Chhuti le raakhi se?

poonam
October 8th, 2009, 01:00 AM

Thoda aadey bhi sarka de..time konya banaan kaa...:mad:

sidchhikara
October 8th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Thoda aadey bhi sarka de..time konya banaan kaa...:mad:

Poonam ... seems like you women are having a good time today - you must be expecting some gifts when you get home tonite.
I will also try to make some kheer - halwa tonite for KC to atone the corned beef sandwich I had for lunch.

poonam
October 8th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Poonam ... seems like you women are having a good time today - you must be expecting some gifts when you get home tonite.
I will also try to make some kheer - halwa tonite for KC to atone the corned beef sandwich I had for lunch.

Heh heh heh....no gifts shifts..
Yaar ke kheer halwa poori kar re so....already drooling...:D

karan
October 8th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Karwa chouth == Extortion
Now I am running like hell from here......

:tamatar:rock:boxing:p

Samarkadian
October 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
व्रत for the whole day followed by भरथ in moon light.

choudharyneelam
October 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
During our childhood, Karva chauth was never an important festival in rural India. I don't remember any lady in our neighbourhood ever having fast or anything. It was considered only a Baniya Brahman fast.

RK^2

U r right Sir!

Waise unmarried ladkiyan bhi ye vrat rakhti hain.....aur humari mummy batati hain she also was asked by elder ladies to fast for this day...ye kahke rakhwaya jata tha ki var accha milega

my mother cud not fast as a child.....issliye chadar se moonh dhakh kar khaa leti thin :D.....and truely speaking mummy khud nahin bolti.....baaki log bolte hain devta hain Mr. Sangwan (for papa).....issliye its all luck what u get n what not.....fasting does not help

choudharyneelam
October 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Karva Chauth kee Vart Katha.

"A long long time ago,...............

nice story.....maine kaafi baar padh ke sunai hai mummy ko aur badle mein dakshina bhi li hai ;):D

skarmveer
October 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Mujhey Hamarey desh key lagbhag sabhi teyhaar bahut sunder lagtey hai or mein in sabhi ko positive dhang say dekhta hun isliyea jab bhee koi easa mauka milta hai to khush hoker logo ko badhai dena or subh kamnaye dena bahut achchha lagta hai.

Yea Vart, pooja-path say jo aatmik shanti milti hai wo kesee or kaam say nahi milti or sabsay achhi baat yea hoti hai kee inkay dawara insaan mein insaaniyat badhti hai chahey wo dar key karn ho ya shardha key karn per insaan kuchh achhey kam jarur kerta hai.

Hum hindustan mein manai janaey waley teyharo ko to jaati vishes ka bata ker usmein kami dhundtey hai per jo apney desh ka nahi hota usko saharsh savikaar karney key liyea tayar hotey hai jaise Valantine aadi.

Hamara her tauhaar jeevan mein eak naya rang bhar jata hai isliyea yatha sambhav hamey her tyohar manana chahiyea or na bhee mana pai to uskee isliyea burai nahi kernee chahiyea keukee wo hamey pasand nahi.

nice story.....maine kaafi baar padh ke sunai hai mummy ko aur badle mein dakshina bhi li hai ;):D

malikdeepak1
October 8th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Menney to pehli baar padhee thee net pay or yahan pest ker dee.

Mods also do COPY-PASTE :rock:rock

Rakesh bhai link lya taawla sa dhund ke ;) :tamatar

choudharyneelam
October 8th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hum hindustan mein manai janaey waley teyharo ko to jaati vishes ka bata ker usmein kami dhundtey hai per jo apney desh ka nahi hota usko saharsh savikaar karney key liyea tayar hotey hai jaise Valantine aadi.

This is to be taken under great consideration.

But Valentine Day ka matlab logon ne bigad diya hai

So, the meaning was restricted by people only. Sir, we also can celebrate this day with great enthusiasm only if we know the exact feelings behind that.

We should give due respect to each n every festival, ritual, tradition, etc. :)

Rahi baat kahaniyon ki, to hum ladies jyada jaanti hain ye kahaniyan....padhti aur sunati jo hain......men goes on work when women fast for them, so how will they come to know which story the ladies are reading/listening at home. :)

choudharyneelam
October 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Mods also do COPY-PASTE :rock:rock

Rakesh bhai link lya taawla sa dhund ke ;) :tamatar

no harm in sharing knowledge or info.....hehehe ;)

hoodarajesh
October 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
sahi kaha bhai deepak jo rakhna chahe rakhe or jo naa chahe naa rakhe.waise hai to ye sab bekar ki baate aaj subah jab mai office aa raha tha to raaste mai 1 accident ho raakha tha,sardar tha 1 maatha foota pada tha us bechare ka.ban gaya uski wife ka te karwachauth

समर जी एक बात याद आगी --
बहुत पहले एक माने हुए ऋषि थे . जंगल में कुटिया बना कर अपनी
पत्नी के साथ रहते थे . एक दिन दोपहर में बाहर बैठे थे तो एक
आदमी आकर बोला -- ऋषि जी मैं बहुत उलझन में हु की शादी
करनी चाहिए या नही .आप रास्ता दिखाइए . ऋषि जी ने कुछ
सोचकर अपनी पत्नी को आवाज़ लगाई की एक दिया जला कर लाना .
उसकी पत्नी दिया जला कर बाहर दे गई . उसने फिर आवाज़ मरकर कहा
मेरी कलम और पुस्तक भी उठा लाना . वो ले कर दे गई . ऋषि जी अपना
लेखन कार्य करने लग गए . थोडी देर बाद वो युवक बोल्या -- ऋषि जी
आपकी पत्नी ने एक बार भी नही टोका की दिन के उजाले में लिखने के लिए
आपको दिए की जरुरत क्यों पड़ गई . ऋषि जी बोले -- यही तुम्हारी समयस्या
का समाधान है . अगर तुम्हारी होने वाली पत्नी में तुम्हारे पर्ति इतना विश्वाश
हो जो तुमसे पलटकर सवाल नही करे तो ही शादी करना .
और आजकल पति से एक दिन में ही इतने सवाल पूछ लिए जाते है जितने
उसने शिक्षा के दोरान पूरी जिन्दगी में नही दिए हो . कहा जा रहे हो, कब तक आओगे ,
क्यों जा रहे हो , इतनी देर तक कहा थे , आदि आदि .
और फिर साल में एक बार करवा चोथ का वर्त कर के आज्ञा कारी बनने की कोशिस .
पति पता नही साल में कितनी बार काम करने के चक्कर में दिन में खाना नही
खा पाता .
इसलिए हे देवियों आज्ञा कारी बनो वर्त करने से कुछ नही होता . शादी से पहले
पिता की और शादी के बाद पति की आज्ञा का पालन करो

rsdalal
October 8th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Fasts are good.
How about Fasting for a "JAT day" on 25 Dec every year ?

sunitahooda
October 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Good Shot Samar:D
व्रत for the whole day followed by भरथ in moon light.

ravinderpannu
October 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Fasts are good.
How about Fasting for a "JAT day" on 25 Dec every year ?

good idea,....!!

anil_rathee
October 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Bhaiyo mere to yo tyohaar palle padya nahi.......
Marketing hai aur kuch naa aajkal bas....
Err jab mhare pados ko bamhani kahani sunayi karti , to aisa lagta jaise kahani khud hi darati hai.. ek naa karya to bera n ke ho jyaga... ... negative marketing.. jaise ye insurance company aale karte hain... same to same...

urmiladuhan
October 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Bhaiyo mere to yo tyohaar palle padya nahi.......
Marketing hai aur kuch naa aajkal bas....
Err jab mhare pados ko bamhani kahani sunayi karti , to aisa lagta jaise kahani khud hi darati hai.. ek naa karya to bera n ke ho jyaga... ... negative marketing.. jaise ye insurance company aale karte hain... same to same...

Quoting from an older JL post on Karva Chauth (probably from an elderly jaatni):

यो फैल माह रे टाइम मे कोई न करा कर दा - नया अ रिवाज़ चाल्ला स

anil_rathee
October 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Nyu kahya karei ki education e saath insaan aadambro aur andhvishwas se door ho jata hai... but is case mein to ukta hi hai...

Quoting from an older JL post on Karva Chauth:

यो फैल माह रे टाइम मे कोई न करा कर दा - नया अ रिवाज़ चाल्ला स

ravinderjeet
October 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM
जाट जीतने पढ़े लिखे होवण लाग रे सें उह तें घणी तेजी तें अन्धविसवासी भी होवण लाग रे सें | हिन्दू समाज की जितनी बुराई हों सें जिन्न तें इब्ब ताहि जाट दूर था वे सब सोड़ की ढाल लपेट ली सें जाट्टां ने |

drkarminder
October 15th, 2011, 11:09 PM
shokeen ji,i agree wd u that its little painful when on fast even without water....but dont u think that it was same painful when this custom was started... all i want to sat that if v keep on eliminating our traditions nd culture then v will loose excitement nd charm for daily life..u only tell me hw happy u used to b in childhood even days before diwali nd holi...raaton ko neend nahi aati thi...nd wd that thing only v remember our childhood....do u want to work whole d year wthout celebrating fest...i bet u ..u wull say after smtime that."yaar pahle holi ,diwali manate the kitana maza aata tha,,ajj kal life bore hai.."..traditions nd culturs are eqally needed in life to enjoy it....
nd common man dont be so serious abt comfort...enjoy everyday even if it comes wd little pain...

Dagar25
October 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM

I have not seen any lady fasting on this day....except the next generation couple....Purne jaat isne follow naa karte......These are the TOTKAS of new generation.

Dagar25
October 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM

tayi tu har reply karti haana yaa kilki kyun maraa kare.

malikdeepak1
October 17th, 2011, 08:29 AM
तन्ने तो भाई पुराना तागा छड दिया जमा ! इनमे ते आधे लोग/लुगाई तो बैन हो लिए.. जवाब कुन देवेगा तेरी बाता का ?:p