PDA

View Full Version : Noble Peace Award for Obama!!

Samarkadian
October 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Guys,

US Preident B. Obama has been announced the winner of most prestigious award in world. Noble Peace Award for the year 2009.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20091009/890/twl-obama-s-peace-nobel-shocking-stunnin.html

It has been said bold choice but certainly undigestive for most of people. Iraq, Afghanistan policy is still running as it as. There is lot to say over it.

Whats your opinion about it for the man who is in the white house just for nine months.? Make sense?

dahiyarules
October 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
PEACE PRIZE FOR WHAT?

Nothing has changed since Bush, atleast in terms of foreign policy.

Proves my point that the Noble Prize Institution is corrupt and biased.

rajesh00
October 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM
He is not a bad person or a bad leader but Peace award.......sorry it is chaploossi.

Samarkadian
October 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I can bet to the most people of the world surely it is [ What.......... http://i44.tinypic.com/x4hv95.jpg ] Moment.

sunillathwal
October 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Lol.......

nitindev
October 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Wow! didn't see that coming.

karan
October 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I agree with everyone so far on this one. Nitin said it best, didn't see that coming.
What kind of leader obama is, only time will tell, but Nobel Prize for peace, seems to me they have done it for getting rid of proverbial "White Men's Burden".

dahiyarules
October 9th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I think this nomination is a slap in the face of people like Nelson Madela who spent decades in a dark cell to bring about change!

sunitahooda
October 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Sooooooooooooo true:)

Shayad ghana advance mai de diya taki mullyan pai attack na karave:o
I think this nomination is a slap in the face of people like Nelson Madela who spent decades in a dark cell to bring about change!

nitindev
October 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Ghandhiji is still waiting :( I think the idea behind the prize was well read by Sunita - avoid future military occupation

ravinderpannu
October 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
..wat to say ,???......with this kind of event even Nobel Prize is gettin grey shadow,...
It is too early to nominate mr Obama although he may turn out to be an outstanding politician in coming years,,but as of now it seems that he is gettin it for being a ''black" American president,..as he got too much of attention from around the globe (although American election is an important event till now) .

,..i m disappointed by his nomination and i don't concur with the nobel prize nomination committee,..!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:rolleyes:

rekharathee
October 9th, 2009, 11:22 PM

katti cent percent sahi kahi..........in dat case the nominating committee did it in favor of humanity:p:p;)

ravinderpannu
October 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM

baat to theek hai ji,..
par kuch terror groups/organisations pe to attack hona hi chahiye na to wo log hahakar macha denge,...!!!

karan
October 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Sunita
Tell us how you really feel. :D Don't hold back now since cat is out of bag.

rekharathee
October 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Sunita
Tell us how you really feel. :D Don't hold back now since cat is out of bag.

must have felt "above the world" as so many people are in sync wid her doordarshita thinking here;)....seems she is not availabe for the comment:p nw..shall wait for next time she visits here.......

ritu
October 10th, 2009, 12:09 AM
hahhahaa......very nice sunita.

sunillathwal
October 10th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I think the idea behind the prize was well read by Sunita - avoid future military occupation

Bhai Nitin, you know lab rats (rodents) are treated in a manner which is slightly different but not unrelated to this idea. These rats are given positive reinforcement in the form of food for 'behavior' which the investigator think is a 'correct behavior'. And it works !! :D

Incentive (Nobel peace prize) for a hypothetical correct behavior (avoiding military occupation) which the object (Obama, here) may or may NOT comply with in future, defies all scientific logics. :(

Nevertheless let hope this expt works. Amen. :p

poonam
October 10th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Too early!!

Nobel are for lifetime achievement... Where is the achievement? He hardly started..lets see..

But clearly ..hard to keep this one at the same page as that of Mother Teresa or for that matter..Nelson Mendela..as some of you mentioned!

kapdal
October 10th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I think they meant to give it to Osama, who has been peaceful for quite a while. But the press release mis-spelt it and then they had to stick to it. The logic of incentivising Osama to remain peaceful works here as well.

rajivsp
October 10th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Guys,

US Preident B. Obama has been announced the winner of most prestigious award in world. Noble Peace Award for the year 2009.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20091009/890/twl-obama-s-peace-nobel-shocking-stunnin.html

It has been said bold choice but certainly undigestive for most of people. Iraq, Afghanistan policy is still running as it as. There is lot to say over it.

Whats your opinion about it for the man who is in the white house just for nine months.? Make sense?

Most prestigious or most controversial ( peace and literature noble are just propaganda nothing else. Gandhi, Tolestoy, Dostoyvesky couldn't get it. )

poonam
October 10th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I think they meant to give it to Osama, who has been peaceful for quite a while.

Hahahahaha...thats definitely some achievement..:D

sunillathwal
October 10th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Most prestigious or most controversial ( peace and literature noble are just propaganda nothing else. Gandhi, Tolestoy, Dostoyvesky couldn't get it. )

Yup, even ECG Sudarshan was ignored twice for no reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Sudarshan

BTW Dostoyevsky died in 1881, Nobel prizes were awarded first time only in 1901 and there is no provision of posthumous nominations for Nobel Prizes.

sandeepkadian05
October 10th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Clearly a politically motivated decision and one that I feel undermines the credibility of the institution, the prize and previous recipients.

dahiyarules
October 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I agree with certian members. This was probably a check-mate move by certain European nations who want Pres. Obama to tone down his rhetoric against Iran and think about pulling out of Afghanistan. Read this: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3787724,00.html

Now that he has been awarded the Noble Peace Prize, Pres. Obama will have to think hard before he takes any action against Iran. There are people and countries that want him to bomb Iran to smithereens before dawn.

sunitahooda
October 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
के बेरा ओबामा की लाइफ पूरी होण आली हो अर्र ओसामा नै कह दी हो अक्क इस का टेम आ लिया जो किम्मे देना-दीवाणा सै ताव्ले कर ल्यो फेर मै बम भटकाण आला सू इस पै:D:p
Too early!!

Nobel are for lifetime achievement... Where is the achievement? He hardly started..lets see..

But clearly ..hard to keep this one at the same page as that of Mother Teresa or for that matter..Nelson Mendela..as some of you mentioned!

sanjeev_balyan
October 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
This is totally rubbish, how u can give the Nobel peace prize to a man who
(a) Have a fear to meet to Dalai lama , only due to that he has to visit China and he doesn’t want china a bad mood on this act. That means Nobel peace prize to Dalai lama was wrong.
(b) Was nominated for this year prize just after two weeks of his presidency, what had he achieved that time.
(c) Could not stop the huge aid to Pakistan, which is being used to spread the terror in south Asia and US govt knows it.

Actually it is drama , it can be given to Churchill, Hennery Kissinger and all, list is long, than why not Obama, but it would be better if it is shared by Obama and Osama. U see the past Mandela with FWD Clark, Yasser Arafat with those Israel’s president and foreign minister ( I forgot the names).
"हद भी आखिर कुछ है कब तक, कोई दीवाना रहे".

cooljat
October 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Sucha PJ .. :D

bazardparveen
October 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM
It raise question on credibility of Nobel committee. It's totally disgusting.

Hope that it will fulfill the aim suggested by sunita

deepshi
October 11th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I think they meant to give it to Osama, who has been peaceful for quite a while. But the press release mis-spelt it and then they had to stick to it. The logic of incentivising Osama to remain peaceful works here as well.

hahahahhaha........funny......hahahahahha...jeez

Samarkadian
October 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM
This would be known in the history of peace. Yes, peace through lip service rather than something substantial on this planet's future. Nordic brains in that committee certainly are having memory issues. Alfred Noble must be pissed off somewhere. In my opinion this is the cruelty to the scores of peoples who had laid their life for the peace and would do so.

Notion that claims' that this is going to check/rethink/revise US's foreign policy about invading/waging war ; is like asking a lion to worship deer.

I am curious if anyone can bring out the nominee's list for peace noble?

Mishti
October 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM
This would be known in the history of peace. Yes, peace through lip service rather than something substantial on this planet's future. Nordic brains in that committee certainly are having memory issues. Alfred Noble must be pissed off somewhere. In my opinion this is the cruelty to the scores of peoples who had laid their life for the peace and would do so.

Notion that claims' that this is going to check/rethink/revise US's foreign policy about invading/waging war ; is like asking a lion to worship deer.

I am curious if anyone can bring out the nominee's list for peace noble?

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/ArticleImageEx.aspx?article=10_10_2009_016_003_016&type=2&mode=1

singhabhimanyu
October 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
लोल्ज़. सही कहा.

i think they meant to give it to osama, who has been peaceful for quite a while. But the press release mis-spelt it..

vikasgulia
October 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
A note on twitter says:

""...and I thought the only thing one ever won with empty speeches about world peace was 'Miss World' pageant!.":tamatar:thappad:rock

rakeshsehrawat
October 12th, 2009, 12:48 PM
हरियाणा नंबर वन हो सकता है तो ओबामा के शांति दूत बनने पर लोगो को पेट में दर्द क्यूँ हो रहा है ?

prashantacmet
October 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
ha ha ha ha...........kassoti kahi bhai rakesh!!

vikasgulia
October 12th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Nobel to Obama is like giving Magsaysay Award to Our own Rahul Gandhi for spending nights in dalit homes...and thus bringing about a sea change in their lives by talking to press next morning..:D

For the uninitiated, The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an award designed to perpetuate his example of integrity in government, courageous service to the people, and pragmatic idealism within a democratic society....

Though above Simile nothing but a sheer imagination but couldn't help putting it across...for the sheer sake of it...;)

rajanisingh20
October 12th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Obama got the nobel prize 4 peace....dont know wht was the thought 2 give him this prize as thr r many people who r have done more than him....really dont know wht is the point 2 give him such prize....I'll agree tht he is a good president but still m speechless n confused why is it so?..........:confused:

sandeepkadian05
October 12th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Actually Obama got the prize because of lack of any other worthy candidate this year. Nobody else even talked about bringing peace..

singhabhimanyu
October 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM
do they take into account only last years' contributions?:eek::eek: or have all worthier candidates already been awarded? how did they miss me? :p! anyway, I completely agree with what Vikas said. If such is the way to go forward, Gandhi Peace Prize makes more sense than Nobel Peace Prize.

Actually Obama got the prize because of lack of any other worthy candidate this year. Nobody else even talked about bringing peace..

Nobel to Obama is like giving Magsaysay Award to Our own Rahul Gandhi for spending nights in dalit homes...and thus bringing about a sea change in their lives by talking to press next morning..

ravinderpannu
October 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM

ha ha...lolz,..:rock;)

sandeepkadian05
October 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Abhimanyu his election also made sure Sarah Palin didn't become US VP. That brought peace in the lives of many americans :)

sandeepkadian05
October 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Some reasons why Obama did win the award

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/eddy_4_u/Image1226303810171-2.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/eddy_4_u/obama6.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/eddy_4_u/obama3.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/eddy_4_u/obama4.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/eddy_4_u/obama5.jpg

He is, was and forever will be a man of peace :)

singhabhimanyu
October 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/Q/y/2/Nobel-Consolation-Prize.jpg

raj2rif
October 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Dear Members,
I think all of us share the similar sentiments about the choice for this award. President, Obama has not done anything note worthy to be given this award. It is not even an year into his presidency. Probably too soon. Well, I don’t have time to read all the links that have been posted on this forum to read about the reasons, bad thing, but then it leads to the originality of analysis. The question we must ask is the fall out of this decision by the Noble Prize Body.
To, me, he might be the best among the worst for the prize, but then there are instances when in a particular year the prizes have not been awarded. If that was the case the decision makers for this award would have done better by not awarding this award this year.
This is the only award that is not awarded by the experts in the field. The decision makers for this award are the retired parliamentarians, and hence the objectivity. Mahatma Gandhi was nominated for this award five times, but could not make it. I don’t think any single person deserves it more than our own Gandhiji. But since it is decided by the politicians/parliamentarians (whatever you want to call it) the sanctity of this award should always be questionable? Mr. Yasar Arafat also got it, and so was Mr. Gorbachove if my memory is still active.
Now the fall out of this award, and how does it helps Mr. Obama. I think, it helps Mr. Obama only in one sense that he has one more recognition of his wonderful speech at Cairo earlier this year. It does make his task more difficult in fighting international terrorism. He is struggling to get his health care reforms going, the things are not moving as desired in Afghanistan, and we can already see some additional gray hair on his head. I hope he meets these challenge and that is what would be, better than the award itself.

karan
October 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Sandeep Not True. There was a very worthy candidate named Greg Mortenson who has risked his own life by opening up schools for girls in SWAT, NWFP, Afghanistan. White man's guilt gave peace prize to Obama, just like White Man's guilt gave blank cheque to Jews after WWII.

nitindev
October 13th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I was wondering that why not move this thread to Humor section and enjoy this Practical Joke played by noble peace prize committee.

I think we should have our reservations as to how much respect and acknowledgment should be given to Noble prize. It is awarded by humans not gods.

Adolf Hitler was nominated for Noble Peace prize in 1939. These people do have a sense of Humor:) Don`t they ;) And I think Hitler didn`t like this joke, or perhaps was upset that he didn`t get the prize so he declared the war on the world.

sandeepkadian05
October 13th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Actually Henry Kissinger won this prize as well just to put things in prespective. One of Hitler's closest aides, forgot his name alaso won it.

anilsangwan
October 13th, 2009, 10:09 AM
के बेरा ओबामा की लाइफ पूरी होण आली हो अर्र ओसामा नै कह दी हो अक्क इस का टेम आ लिया जो किम्मे देना-दीवाणा सै ताव्ले कर ल्यो फेर मै बम भटकाण आला सू इस पै:D:p

Meri bhi BHINN KI BHINNN !!!!:rock:rock:rock

akshaymalik84
October 16th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Guys,

Alfred Nobel's prize for people who have "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations." There was a record 205 nominees this time for Nobel peace prize.The tally includes 172 individuals and 33 organisations. The big names among the nominees were US President Barack Obama an French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

What has Obama done that he get this award?
He continues to appease the mind of the international left-liberal fraternity(It is the award given by liberals to liberals).He is still presenting himself as a symbol of Anti-Bush.He can still be the finest missionary in world capitals, be it Cairo or wherever.He might not have changed the policies on Iraq and Afganistan and still the war is going on in areas nowhere near to Taliban resistance.And it seems it will not be over soon with any result.

This award might have been given to Obama for his diplomacy which is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.
I think he's got the prize not on the basis of 'what he has done' but on 'what he has not done', being the President of the strongest country of the world.

richi
October 16th, 2009, 08:49 AM
ONE DAY THE NOBEL PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO OSAMA TOO LOL for his undying,steady and unstinted contribution in trying to shatter peace!

akshaymalik84
October 16th, 2009, 10:22 PM
ONE DAY THE NOBEL PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO OSAMA TOO LOL for his undying,steady and unstinted contribution in trying to shatter peace!

What about Manmohan singh?????............very less communal fight in last 5 years....only the biggest terrorist attack on Mumbai!

anilsinghd
October 17th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Forward looking approach folks ! :rock Enjoi this one.

http://www.slowpokecomics.com/

desijat
October 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Obama truly deserves Nobel, after all he made peace with Hillary Clinton...

Some of the tweets that followed the announcement

Pakistan Cricket Board rubbishes allegation that Nobel Prize to Obama was a result of Match Fixing,blames India for spreading rumors,

Barack Obama's slogan for winning a Nobel prize : confident smile,kind eyes,big ears and say change,

One Million people die of sleep deprivation after listening to Obama's 12 hour long Nobel Prize Acceptance speech.

"Photo of Obama holding the Nobel prize enters Oxford dictionary as pic aid to explain the term WTF".

Pakistan asks for credible evidence to show that Obama has indeed won the Nobel Prize,asks for dossier from Nobel organization.

babloodalal
October 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM
obama ko nobal prize rest of world ke parti american policies ko dekhte hue diya gaya hai, iss prize ke baad afganistan , iran, iraq, india & pakistan ke bare mein obama ki policies mein change aayega, ab obama ki baari hai ki woh iss prize ke anuroop kaam kare aur different countries ko aapas mein na ladwae.ladai mein to america se koi jeet nahi sakta ye obama par acha attack kiya gaya hai wo na chahte hue bhi peace ki baat karega.

raj2rif
October 22nd, 2009, 04:19 AM
Obama truly deserves Nobel, after all he made peace with Hillary Clinton...

Some of the tweets that followed the announcement

Pakistan Cricket Board rubbishes allegation that Nobel Prize to Obama was a result of Match Fixing,blames India for spreading rumors,

Barack Obama's slogan for winning a Nobel prize : confident smile,kind eyes,big ears and say change,

One Million people die of sleep deprivation after listening to Obama's 12 hour long Nobel Prize Acceptance speech.

"Photo of Obama holding the Nobel prize enters Oxford dictionary as pic aid to explain the term WTF".

Pakistan asks for credible evidence to show that Obama has indeed won the Nobel Prize,asks for dossier from Nobel organization.

Thanks, Very Nice!!!!

vicky84
October 22nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
obama ko nobal prize rest of world ke parti american policies ko dekhte hue diya gaya hai, iss prize ke baad afganistan , iran, iraq, india & pakistan ke bare mein obama ki policies mein change aayega, ab obama ki baari hai ki woh iss prize ke anuroop kaam kare aur different countries ko aapas mein na ladwae.ladai mein to america se koi jeet nahi sakta ye obama par acha attack kiya gaya hai wo na chahte hue bhi peace ki baat karega.

Uncle ji, ladai mei to inki haar ho gayi hai Afganistan war mei..aab taak 200 Billion USD kharch ho chuke hain is war mei...and Taliban is still out of control...Look at the results of election held in Afganistan...People have not opted for vote beacuse of the fear from Taliban Rebels...Election fraud has put Obama administration in a dilemma whether to send more troops or pull out your hands from the war..Watching on the documentary last night on current situation in afganistan, the situation in Afganistan is becoming worse and worse..According to a US top military officer," situation in Afganistan is out of control.He said we are in a situation where we are attacking the Taliban in which Civilians also get involved and we are also looking to persuade people for peace.We have killed people and we are also expecting that they should do what we like.."

Now coming back to the topic,US has always opposed the Nuclear test from any country in the world. US has opposed the use of nuclear weapons and US has used Nuclear Weapons in Iraq, Afganistan. and which is followed by the consequences such as skin cancer, and other diseases..

Due to failure in wars and fights against Islam, US image has been changed all over the world. More hate and disgrace has been spread in Islamic countries and US has also realised that. Now they want to promote Barack Obama as a peace maker. A person who can divert the Muslim attention. His speech in Cairo attracted more than ever Muslim presence. People gathred to find more hopes from him, and the speech was the speech not the real action. It seems Speaking something and deliver nothing is a propaganda nowadys. I think the Noble peace award given to Barack Obama is just another US strategy to combat the hate US has spread across the Islamic nation. Portray Barack Obama as a peace maker may help US to cut the cost involved in wars around the world.

babloodalal
October 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Uncle ji, ladai mei to inki haar ho gayi hai Afganistan war mei..aab taak 200 Billion USD kharch ho chuke hain is war mei...and Taliban is still out of control...Look at the results of election held in Afganistan...People have not opted for vote beacuse of the fear from Taliban Rebels...Election fraud has put Obama administration in a dilemma whether to send more troops or pull out your hands from the war..Watching on the documentary last night on current situation in afganistan, the situation in Afganistan is becoming worse and worse..According to a US top military officer," situation in Afganistan is out of control.He said we are in a situation where we are attacking the Taliban in which Civilians also get involved and we are also looking to persuade people for peace.We have killed people and we are also expecting that they should do what we like.."

Now coming back to the topic,US has always opposed the Nuclear test from any country in the world. US has opposed the use of nuclear weapons and US has used Nuclear Weapons in Iraq, Afganistan. and which is followed by the consequences such as skin cancer, and other diseases..

Due to failure in wars and fights against Islam, US image has been changed all over the world. More hate and disgrace has been spread in Islamic countries and US has also realised that. Now they want to promote Barack Obama as a peace maker. A person who can divert the Muslim attention. His speech in Cairo attracted more than ever Muslim presence. People gathred to find more hopes from him, and the speech was the speech not the real action. It seems Speaking something and deliver nothing is a propaganda nowadys. I think the Noble peace award given to Barack Obama is just another US strategy to combat the hate US has spread across the Islamic nation. Portray Barack Obama as a peace maker may help US to cut the cost involved in wars around the world.
Beta, Tumhari saari baatein theek hai, par agar US Administration ko pata hota ki obama ko ye prize milne ja raha hai to ve isse rokne ki koshish karte. Ab US Administration muskil mein hai. Hum indian ke saath ye problem hai ki gali to hum US ko bahut dete hai aur wahan labour karne jane ke liye line laga kar khade rehte hai. hum ek kashmir nahi sambhal sakte unhone saare world ke muslims ki naak mein dum kiya hua hai. agar wo afganistan mein na hote to taliban ne hamare naak mein dum kar dena tha. Rahi afganistan ki baat, wahan ke ladake world mein best hote hai unhe harana itna easy nahi hai.

vicky84
October 27th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Beta, Tumhari saari baatein theek hai, par agar US Administration ko pata hota ki obama ko ye prize milne ja raha hai to ve isse rokne ki koshish karte. Ab US Administration muskil mein hai. Hum indian ke saath ye problem hai ki gali to hum US ko bahut dete hai aur wahan labour karne jane ke liye line laga kar khade rehte hai. hum ek kashmir nahi sambhal sakte unhone saare world ke muslims ki naak mein dum kiya hua hai. agar wo afganistan mein na hote to taliban ne hamare naak mein dum kar dena tha. Rahi afganistan ki baat, wahan ke ladake world mein best hote hai unhe harana itna easy nahi hai.

Uncle ji i have put reasons to support my statements..I have stressed a lot on why?? I would like you to go through my last post one more time.

Samarkadian
December 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Finaly, dude, showed up in Nordic with much predicted Noble speech. Speech opens with justifying troops in Afghanistan and it seemed to ended the drama of idolising Ghandi by much hyped 'change' musician.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/20091210/760/twl-obama-accepts-peace-prize-says-war-s.html