PDA

View Full Version : My Book on 'Violence and Conflict Resolution'

neels
October 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Well well I was away from Jatland for long time now, one major reason for that was the news I am sharing below, besides some other projects also keeping me too occupied.

A Book on the theme of 'Violence and Conflict Resolution' has been edited by me and it is being published now. It's a refrence book, not some fiction(which also I wish to write some day). The info about the book with the cover page is given below.

About the Book --

Violence in all its shades and nuances has always been a distressing issue in any civil society. Present times are witnessing the turbulence and tribulations of increasing tensions as never before and are adding up to the concerns of agony and grief, making the issue of violence deserve focused attention. Needless to mention that any kind of violence emanates and erupts from mind; hence, to address the problem, an approach employing tools of Psychology should be the most appropriate. The present volume is an endeavour in the same direction, with the collective wisdom of experts in the field, making a common cause in seeking to highlight the role of Psychology, as a useful tool in combating the issues of violence and terror, arising from and also resulting in the destructive conflicts, and in establishing and maintaining peace, by resolving such conflicts.

The present volume is a compilation of well researched papers, conceived and presented by various experts, on the issue of conflict resolution and peacebuilding, in a scenario when violence is either resorted to, or is the outcome itself. The twin purpose of theorising and suggesting practical hints is achieved optimally in the book which covers a wide range of matters ranging from personal to impersonal; and local to universal. The book contains thirty two articles and has been divided into five parts. The issues relating to ‘Conceptual Foundations’ brings out the dynamics of violence, conflict and peace besides upcoming challenges. ‘Facets of Violence’ dwells on various stages of hostilities in the society. An attempt to trace a variety of determinants and correlates of conflicting, aggressive and violent behaviour has been made in ‘Genesis of Violence’. Articles related to ‘Mass Media’ have also been incorporated to have an overview of violence as seen, reported and handled by the media. Seven theoretical articles suggesting ideas, strategies and models for ‘Prevention of Violence’ have been incorporated in the fifth section of the book. The article under the ‘Future Perspective’ describes diverse influences that can lead to violence as also suggests ways and means to halt and prevent violence by fostering cultural changes that promote harmony and peace.

The book is a useful guide to scholars, researchers and common readers alike.

bls31
October 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Congratulation . I do hope more and more Jatlamders pickup the pen. BLS31

urmiladuhan
October 10th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Congratulations Dr. Neelam.
I have earlier come across books on similar subject before. May I ask what got you interested for you to take up the challenging task of compiling a book.
Best Wishes to you!

sandeepkadian05
October 10th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I don't think such books serve any purpose. Just my thought...

spdeshwal
October 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Congratulations Neelam ji!

In fact, it was yesterday only that i remembered and was wondering, where have you been for so long, as I had visited the thread Hindi Kavitayen started by you and posted a poem by Dr.Vishwaas

Hope to see more books from you!

Regards

Khatkar
October 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Dr. Neelam Solidest Congratulation & continue it .

sunitahooda
October 10th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Accept my heartfelt congratulations Neelam....where to get the book from n how much its priced at?

sjakhars
October 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Heartfelt Congratulations Neelam Ji for the newly published book. The subject seems interesting and I think I have enough curiosity/interest to read the book so my question is same like Sunita Hooda Ji, "Where can I get this book?"

kapdal
October 10th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I don't think such books serve any purpose. Just my thought...

Sandeep, I don't think this post of yours serves any purpose. Just my thought...:)

neels
October 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks a lot to all.

@ Urmila - It's my subject of study, as well area of interest. Earlier I organized a National Conference on the same theme at our institution, the present book is the extension of that.

@ Mr. Deshwal, thnx for remembering me, here I come. Yeah sure , i wish something keeps rolling now.

@ Sunita, hey thnx dear, the book'll be available with the publisher, he's in delhi only, his address is there on cover, but yeah there not clearly visible, here giving at the end. Well being a refrence book, priced high at Rs 1200/-, but may be publisher gives good discount.

@ Mr Jakhar, I am happy to know about your interest in the book, yes definitely it is a good read for any layman, not only the professionals.

Publisher -

Global Vision Publishing House
F- 4, 1st Floor, ‘Hari Sadan’ 20, Ansari Road, Daryaganj
(Near Delhi Book Store), New Delhi - 110 002 (INDIA)
Tel:011-23261581, 23276291, 64694271 Mob: 9810644769
Email: nsingh_2004@vsnl.net; info@globalvisionpub.com

cooljat
October 11th, 2009, 09:45 AM

Many Many Congrats to you Neels. Now send me a copy so I can read n' review! :)

Cheers !!

cooljat
October 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Second with your thought.
Sandeep, I don't think this post of yours serves any purpose. Just my thought...:)

Samarkadian
October 11th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well well I was away from Jatland for long time now, one major reason for that was the news I am sharing below, besides some other projects also keeping me too occupied.

A Book on the theme of 'Violence and Conflict Resolution' has been edited by me and it is being published now. It's a refrence book, not some fiction(which also I wish to write some day). The info about the book with the cover page is given below.

About the Book --

The collective wisdom of experts in the field, making a common cause in seeking to highlight the role of Psychology, as a useful tool in combating the issues of violence and terror, arising from and also resulting in the destructive conflicts, and in establishing and maintaining peace, by resolving such conflicts.

The article under the ‘Future Perspective’ describes diverse influences that can lead to violence as also suggests ways and means to halt and prevent violence by fostering cultural changes that promote harmony and peace.[/SIZE][/FONT]

The book is a useful guide to scholars, researchers and common readers alike.

Doc, we can afford your absence provided everytime you come up with such a proud surprise.Accept the Guldasta attached for your untiring hardwork put in this work. You have made proud all of us this forum.

And yes don't forget to make us remind about Harmony whenever any violent situation arises here.

neels
October 11th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Doc, we can afford your absence provided everytime you come up with such a proud surprise.Accept the Guldasta attached for your untiring hardwork put in this work. You have made proud all of us this forum.

And yes don't forget to make us remind about Harmony whenever any violent situation arises here.

Thanx a Lot Samar for the wishes and the lovely flowers..more so becuase they are blue..:)

Sure...and you know well how harmonious I've been during my stay here. Now this book is dedicated to wish all Peace here always. AMEN

raj_rathee
October 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Good to see your name in print Neelam. Keep up the good work.

neels
October 12th, 2009, 07:02 AM

Many Many Congrats to you Neels. Now send me a copy so I can read n' review! :)

Cheers !!

Thanks Jit...but yu need to buy it for reading or reviewing, whatever yu want to do :)

Good to see your name in print Neelam. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Raj, Yea it feels gud to see your name as an author on the cover :)

urmiladuhan
October 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Dr. Neelam, if I may ask, what does your research say is/are the basic cause/s of conflict on an _individual level_? Thanks in advance for your input.

Nishantrathi82
October 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Congrats Di keep writing i will also try to grab the copy :) Keep going di

karan
October 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Dr. Rathee
First of all congratulations on job well done. What I could deduce from your post is relevant, timely and spot on. I am just wondering if you touched the subject of 'Violence against Women'. The ugly face of misplaced and insecure machoism is violence against women.

harvindermalik
October 14th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Badhaaiya aur Shabashhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anilsinghd
October 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM
A Book on the theme of 'Violence and Conflict Resolution' has been edited by me and it is being published now.

Congratulations! :) Keep up the good work!

poonam
October 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Good job!
Hope the online e-version will be available in future, considering the utility for researchers in this stream!

ranjitjat
October 15th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Many Congratulations
Carry on good work
You are welcome to exchange with
my book- France to kargil
Bharatiye Yudh veero ka Itihash

ritu
October 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM
congratulations neelam.....

rkumar
October 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Congratulations.. Very important and difficult topic forever...

RK^2

neels
October 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you every one for the best wishes.

@ Urmila - well thats a detailed subject to explore, can't be explained here. In general, frustrations lead to conflicts.

@ Mr. Karan - Yea the issue of violence against women is also being touched. There are two articles related to different form of violence against women in the book. You can see the details from the link given below.

@ Poonam - thnx dear... yea we plan to bring online version, the issue is international, and there are four international contributors also in this volume.

Please see the link of book detail below for further details -

http://www.globalvisionpub.com/Bookdesc.aspx?id=1315

Thanks again.