PDA

View Full Version : No Nobel Peace Prize to Mahatma Gandhi : Why?

nareshkadyan7
October 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
No Nobel Peace Prize for Mahatma Gandhi : why? (http://socialentrepreneurship.change.org/actions/view/no_nobel_prize_for_mahatma_gandhi_why_-_sukanya_naresh_kadyan)
Please click the above link to go through the petition to support this issue. Gandhi followers awarded by Nobel Peace Prize but Gandhi was ignored due to then British Empire, where as he was nominated five times, now we feel that Nobel needs Gandhi. Let us shake hands to raise our voice for truth, peace and non violence.

dskadyan
October 23rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
Nobel is Not given Post-humous. And award mostly given to work after 20 30 years laterz :D. Aur apaa loga ne award se pahle hi Gandhi ji ko moksha de diya. Thats why.

raj2rif
October 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
No Nobel Peace Prize for Mahatma Gandhi : why? (http://socialentrepreneurship.change.org/actions/view/no_nobel_prize_for_mahatma_gandhi_why_-_sukanya_naresh_kadyan)
Please click the above link to go through the petition to support this issue. Gandhi followers awarded by Nobel Peace Prize but Gandhi was ignored due to then British Empire, where as he was nominated five times, now we feel that Nobel needs Gandhi. Let us shake hands to raise our voice for truth, peace and non violence.

Dear Naresh Kumar Ji,

Seven days after you started this thread, this is the second response. So, not only there was no Noble Prize for Mahatma Gandhi, we also don't have a discussion on it.

I see only one reason. The prize is decided by the retired parliamentarians, and hence its objectivity. I don't think Mr. Gandhi was liked very much in the Western Wrold during his life, and hence the non consideration. But I think, Mr. Gandhi achieved much more than what any Noble Prize winner would ever achieve. Getting the title fo "Mahatma", by people is much more rewarding than the Noble Prize itself.

I am sure, if there was a definite criteria for this particular award to be given, then Mr. Gandhi would have got it every time, he was nominated. (he was nominated five times). But neither that is the case, nor the award was given. Further people did not know at that time, that he will succeed in his mission.

mukeshkumar007
October 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/articles/gandhi/index.html

please read here

Committee advisors also termed him as nationalist & criticized Gandhi's dual role as a peace activist and political leader of an independence movement, writing that 'he is frequently a Christ, but then, suddenly, an ordinary politician'.

sandeepkadian05
October 23rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
A lot of people in India, myself included still blame him for the massacre at the time of Independence so I don't think he should ever get that award... If he had kept his political way of thinking aside for a while, so many lives would have been saved...

Just my thoughts uncle ji...

mukeshkumar007
October 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
A lot of people in India, myself included still blame him for the massacre at the time of Independence so I don't think he should ever get that award... If he had kept his political way of thinking aside for a while, so many lives would have been saved...

Comment karne maie aur criticise karna bhot easy hai jee.. kimi na ja isme..

I wonder if ppl really consider the circumstances of that time while commenting on these leaders ?

why don't you let us know that what he should have done than what he did ? what you could have done if you had been at the place of Gandhi ?

Just my thoughts..

anilsangwan
October 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM

Faayda isi isi petitions ka ?? Do you think Nobel prize committey will pay any attention to this kind of junk?

And believe me, Gandhi had so many negative marks in his life.... baaki chhodoo menne k lena dena?

Jaisa ki aap kartey rahe ho......Aap sirf Hooda family ke baare mein hi likha karo... Jatlanders ka badhiya response milega... :rock :rock

sandeepkadian05
October 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Mukesh bhai I won't have led a boycott of congress for electing Mr. Bose as their leader. I won't have gone on a fast post independence to give pakistan 65 crores. I would have pushed for the most worthy candidates of the time to be the first PM of India, either Sardar Patel or Mr. Jinnah and wouldn't have forced Nehru on this nation .. I would have raised more than a token protest when Bhagat Singh was being hanged... There are so many other things I would have done..

India gained independence after the second world war because Britain had become too weak to occupy India after the war, I don't see Gandhi contributing to it at all...

This is just my opinion and I know why you will differ, still I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine...

Comment karne maie aur criticise karna bhot easy hai jee.. kimi na ja isme..

I wonder if ppl really consider the circumstances of that time while commenting on these leaders ?

why don't you let us know that what he should have done than what he did ? what you could have done if you had been at the place of Gandhi ?

Just my thoughts..

mukeshkumar007
October 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
This is just my opinion and I know why you will differ, still I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine...

Offcourse. I respect ur views more than mines.

baki I will reply to your points aram se abi to ghar jana hai :)

sandeepkadian05
October 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Theek hai Bhai.. Just one thing more, When he knew his father is about to die any moment he was enjoying his time with his wife ( Not my words, written by him in My Experiments With truth) Someone who didn't respect his own father doesn't deserve to be called the father of My nation.. That's all I believe..

Rest waiting for your points Mukesh Bhai. Sorry if I got too emotional in my answers but I just have really strong views about this..

Offcourse. I respect ur views more than mines.

baki I will reply to your points aram se abi to ghar jana hai :)

dskadyan
October 24th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Theek hai Bhai.. Just one thing more, When he knew his father is about to die any moment he was enjoying his time with his wife ( Not my words, written by him in My Experiments With truth) Someone who didn't respect his own father doesn't deserve to be called the father of My nation.. That's all I believe..

Rest waiting for your points Mukesh Bhai. Sorry if I got too emotional in my answers but I just have really strong views about this..
Bhai Sandeep, I agree that he was also an ordinary man, or may be below,in early days of his life.

But he sacrificed so much after some incidence, May be those are days in south africa or famous train journey. But he gave such a great idea that is Non Violance. The non violance is best thing he devised for freedom. And believe me this was the best tool for freedom at time.

We think that Violance could up root british. But just think about that time. Most of people dont know what is freedom. Democracy and republic things are alian to us. We all know that there are rulers like Raja,Pathan,Rajputs and Mugals. And so is British rule for them. No body intersted in blood bath for just shake of freedom, they dont understand what would be that mean. And there is nothing organised in blood bath.

But this is Non Violanance that organised people.

We should not critcise by any mean whom whole world,top leaders, give so much respect.

Meerasansanwal
October 24th, 2009, 11:10 AM

Sorry sir, I disagree with this petition. As someone mentioned here that Mahatama Ghandi's status is bigger than peace prize of noble. Ghandi was not ignored by Britishers rather Ghandi ignored the sky sized ego of Britishers and established his own identity. There is some peace prize in Asia on the name of Mahatama Ghandi. You should start a petition for including noble peace prize as its sub-category.

regards

sandeepkadian05
October 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Bhai I am sorry but as I said in my first post I still blame him for the violence at the time of partition. He is the only freedom fighter I don't respect..

Bhai Sandeep, I agree that he was also an ordinary man, or may be below,in early days of his life.

But he sacrificed so much after some incidence, May be those are days in south africa or famous train journey. But he gave such a great idea that is Non Violance. The non violance is best thing he devised for freedom. And believe me this was the best tool for freedom at time.

We think that Violance could up root british. But just think about that time. Most of people dont know what is freedom. Democracy and republic things are alian to us. We all know that there are rulers like Raja,Pathan,Rajputs and Mugals. And so is British rule for them. No body intersted in blood bath for just shake of freedom, they dont understand what would be that mean. And there is nothing organised in blood bath.

But this is Non Violanance that organised people.

We should not critcise by any mean whom whole world,top leaders, give so much respect.

deepshi
October 24th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Correct...
was such a tosser

singhabhimanyu
October 24th, 2009, 03:06 PM
i agree
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=228736&postcount=39

There is some peace prize in Asia on the name of Mahatama Ghandi. You should start a petition for including noble peace prize as its sub-category.

drssrana2003
November 2nd, 2009, 06:06 AM
PEACE PRIZE FOR GANDHI

It is well known that Gandhi was nominated for the prize several times.It was a different question that he did not win till his death (murder) in January 1948. So many factors were working each time the committee decided on a name.But many people do not know that the Committee did not award the peace prize for the year 1948 to any one. Since the prize could not be awarded posthumously,the then decision was to honour Gandhi, as if to indicate that the peace prize was Gandhi's.
Let us also not deconstruct Gandhi's life today. Let us not retrospectively concentrate on human foibles. Gandhi is beyond evaluation by the eqals of our generation.We have to be one like him first.

Dheeraj24
November 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM

Moghuls were given safe passage by the then administrators of West Punjab( in Pakistan now ) so facilitating them to reach DELHI via Panipat.

Administrators (Local chieftans) decided so to avoid battle & thereby loosing a chance to weigh Moghul power...

which led to..

Those areas being dominated by alien forces... & if dominance prevails without checks then it eats peace.

Short-cut is too long.

The motive of nature is (as well) was never been to save lives , had it been then, there would have been NO earthquakes , NO tornados ...

Nature wants betterment , AIM of World creation is to let
Human race turn up to the level of GOD , which can be achieved only through constant efforts for betterment.

Thats why WORK (efforts) is the oxygen for Success

---

Noble Prize is a symbol of International Recognition of an Individual / Organisation efforts.

Don't treat it as mark of respect at Country Level , which many do ....

Even recently when a guy got Noble prize for Chemistry.....he said he is astonished to see so many greetings stating him as INDIAN , which he felt & said as well is a mere CHANCE.

World has had already been well known of the WORK
of Gandhi , so more & more recognition was of no use

Adding water in ocean doesn't increase its level.

akshaymalik84
December 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.jatland.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3747&stc=1&d=1260365783

Gandhi wrote letters to Hilter and called his friend. He also told him that he admired him and gave him advice on how ot deal with the British.
He described an African tribe as “Only a degree removed from the animal.” Also, “Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilized – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals.” – Mar. 7, 1908(CWMG Vol 8).

yudhvirmor
December 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I don't think he did something phenomenal to deserve Nobel Prize.

Partition of country was his achievement and millions of innocent people were killed/displaced. I don't think he played any role in India's independence...
Even Srilanka, China, Malaysia and Indonesia and many more countries got independence during the same time.

He was quite funny guy and I read somewhere that he had soft corner of white women..:D:D

deepshi
December 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
He was quite funny guy and I read somewhere that he had soft corner of white women..:D:D

And Goats:D

yudhvirmor
December 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
And Goats:D

Oh I see... yeah he was very fond of Goat's milk :D:D

deepshi
December 9th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Oh I see... yeah he was very fond of Goat's milk :D:D
Vo te Godsey tha..thank god

akshaymalik84
December 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I read somewhere that he had soft corner of white women..:D:D

hehehe....they all have soft corner for white women. Be it Mohan Das, Jawahar or Rajeev. But Mohan was far ahead of them.....White Goat or White sheep:eek::confused: ..Didn't you hear that incident about Jwahar, Mohan and Pumpkin.:D

anilsangwan
December 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
इस थ्रेड का मालिक बेर न योह बकवास थ्रेड शुरू कर के कित बिल में बड गया .... बस तागा शुरू कर दिया... हुह! महात्मा गांधी ने कब्र में तें काढ के ल्यावन ने हो रे सें लोग..... पड्या रहवन दयो ने ..... घना इ पीसा बर्बाद होवे स ऊँ भी इस बेकार के मानस पे ....टेम तो बर्बाद मत करो कम तें कम....