PDA

View Full Version : Who is responsible for the development of india??

daivischahal
November 27th, 2009, 06:51 PM
sabhi jatlanders ko meri ram-ram....
vipin bhai ke kahe anusar naya thread shuru kar raha hun.....aap sabhi ka saath chahiye kyonki topic bahut gambhir hai.......

what are the obstacles in the development of INDIA and who r RESPONSIBLE for removing those obstacles???????

according to me:-
the main obstacle is dat majority of indians do not feel for india(but now its changing....)
people only think for themselves.......and to some extent, wo dhik bhi hain...because of the cut throat competition in every field.....
but still people, who have succeded in their fields, should also think about their country......
we always say that the policies in india are major hiderances in the development of an individual and so in the development of country......but who will change these policies.......koi bahar se aakar badalega kya kuch?
....nahi .......we have to do it.......

so wat u think about this?

rajivsp
November 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Before answering your question "what do you know about Mydukur Constituency" please let me make it clear that I am going there not with an intention of making an alternate career. Why should I do that if I am saving INR30lakhs per year (white money) and having a very comfortable life in Canada knowing that I have 0% chances of winning as politics are still conventional and I have to face many hurdles? I am going there to bring awareness. Next question can be "Why politics? You can serve them as an NGO right?" If so your question is totally valid. I also used to think like that and focused only on JNV Schools and rural people who need guidance in career. Then I realized the importance of legislation. Through NGO all you can do is raise some funds, give that money to the needy. That is definitely a noble act. Does it complete the goal of building a successful nation? If so we should have built a successful nation by now since there are N number of charities and NGOs throughout the country. Definitely not right? With money you can never ever weed out problems. If so is the case G8 countries should have been successful in eradicating terrorism and poverty. My philosophy is to use money as a capital rather than distributing that in schemes and make people self sustainable. Many people criticize Gandhiji. He is absolutely right. Find the root cause and solve it in a peaceful manner instead of trying to solve in anguish. So what kind of mess USA has created in all the countries it touched to reform. So I started thinking in a different way to complement NGOs activity. I want to make use of knowledgeable society in enlightening the rural areas and make them self sustainable. Everyone knows at which level it has to start from and who has to do it? It has to come from gross root level which is village and the common man. This movement has to be led by people like you and me who are blessed and educated. This help need not be monetary as I already said it is not going to help. Now days there are at least 1-3 software engineers from every village on an average. You know the size of an average village right? It is around 500 and 78% of the Indians live in rural areas. Can't these 1-3 people take care of bringing awareness in these 500 people? How long do you think we need if we are diligent in that effort? A year? 5 years? Whatever is the time it's going to take but we should start working towards that goal instead of procrastinating because of lack of optimism. It only delays the starting point knowing that it has to start some point of time, sooner the better. So don't we see the reality here? Of course everyone does. These ideas I didn't invent. Everyone knows that but what are lacking are the representatives coming forward to turn those theories into practical experiences. I appreciate when people question me but it baffles me when the same person doesn't dare enough to challenge their local leader and represent their village by making use of their knowledge and educated friends. How many of we educated people really spend quality time in our villages by pondering and educating their friends, elders and the youngest? There are but insignificant. Part of my goal is to even motivate "The Blessed Educated" towards this goal. Most of us spend lot of time talking about movies, lifestyle in cities and showcasing themselves as special people. So by contesting in elections with 0% chance of winning my only hope is that it gives me chance to interact with people to bring awareness as they will be in a mood to listen which is not going to happen unless I am one of the contesting candidates. Then I get the help of local police as a constitutional right to get security when I am leading procession as part of political campaign otherwise not though I am entitled to that advantage. If I am just like anyone in their village only village people who know me by face will pay attention otherwise rest doesn't keep faith in me. I hope you got my broader picture. Just think of challenges I have to face because it is becoming hard to convince people who are educated to have faith in me. I am not asking people to either vote for me or lend me money. If so is the case why to spread this news among educated people? I can do all of that in Mydukur Constituency itself right as I know most of JNV students, childhood friends, relatives and so on. My intention is to motivate educated people to follow similar path daring enough to contest as an independent. Even the educated think that we need lot of money to contest. They think as an investment so they back off thinking there is no good return and it's a risky venture. Do you think Gandhiji had millions of money to represent the nation? Definitely not right. As per constitution there is a maximum limit of INR10lakhs per constituency and the contestant is supposed to produce the audited expense report to the electoral office. All I am saying is if we educated come forward at least to represent their village and the other to represent to their constituency no need o any money. All that good heart is enough. But the problem is many of these educated doesn't treat each other. If leadership is coming at no extra cost they want to grab that instead of giving it to someone else. That's the problem with Indian freedom fight too. That's one of the key reasons why independence got delayed though we have huge population. People are so greedy that they can take fact that someone else can rule them instead of being ruled by their neighbor or friend. I am trying to convince/spread the word to everyone to start fighting for a good cause in their respective villages not restraining only to the constituency I am working with. Let's prove the power of educated masses. That's the problem. Why should you forward this message only to people in my constituency? Why not in your constituency? Spread this word to everyone you knew of knocking of my name from my emails and make sure every educated persons in their constituency come together to chalk out a plan to elect a new independent leader and contest. If successful all independents can lead the state to a success and then progressively the Indian nation by providing the neighbors with an example. All the favor I am asking is to just spread the similar thinking with every educated person. I am not asking for any monetary help. All I am asking is moral help to fight against the local leaders to prove that we are also big in number to challenge them. All I am asking is for your (educated people's) help to bring unity in us to fight for this cause. This is kind of one more freedom fight against filthy politics. This is kind of Revolution to bring awareness to every Indian Citizen with the goal of turning every citizen into a responsible one to work with the same goal of building a corrupt free and progressive nation. You know what happens in developed Nations right? They trust their new leader by looking at his achievements in his personal life and put him into power to legislate/enact the right policies for them. The same people overthrow him without a second thought if they don't get enough return. All of this is possible just because they have good awareness and unified thinking. This venture gives me opportunity to live with the people in villages, work in schools, colleges to make money for my living and train the new generation to become a responsible citizen. This gives me chance to understand the root causes and find practical solutions and execute them with trial and error in the process of improvement by taking advice from the successful, intellectual, philanthropic elders.

I am born and brought up in Mydukur Constituency. Every vacation I spent there till I finished my Bachelors. I know about agriculture sector. Main crops being Paddy, Turmeric, Ground Nut, Cereals, used to cultivate Sugar Cane when I was young and our Local Sugar Factory was doing well. I will work on studying the feasibility of setting up small scale industries based on the raw material produced in neighboring villages. I will encourage entrepreneurship by providing them with the guidance they need

I had taken many of the intermediate students for EAMCET counseling by taking off from work when working in Bangalore if their parents doesn't have much idea about colleges and so on so that a day of mine will make sure that the student's career doesn't get wasted. I made sure that the entire day at counseling centre is well spent by providing information to parents and students I meet at the counseling centers. I know by now you might be thinking how this answer is relevant to the question you had asked. I mean to say I understand why some people get a better career when compared to the other given the same conditions for both. It's just the kind of guidance one will get from his well educated cousins and the other not. I want to be that cousin for the needy.

I know skilled people into arts. We can witness miracles if they were provided with the new tools and training. We have to show them the market where they can sell their skill. I know people who can carve statues, skilled weavers whose skill is exploited by the filthy rich. New generation is quitting that work just because they don't get enough return for their efforts. All this is because of the greedy rich people in our society.

I am feeling like writing more but there is a limit on time too because I have to do justification to my work too. Please visit the website for further information. Once the website is up and I am in India I will publish a report on every village. Thanks for your time.

dahiyarules
November 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I am glad you started this thread. I did not want to digress any further from the topic on the other thread.

First of all, you need to stop assuming that people who live overseas do not feel for India. India is where I was born and raised. But, United States is where I got my wings. In other words, there will always be a soft spot for India in the hearts of people like me. However, that does not mean that we will not take our oaths of citizenship of our adopted countries seriously. This country has given me a lot. People have been exceptionally warm and welcoming. People like me are expected to and must appreciate their adopted countries nothing less than their other fellow citizens.

You and others should not feel theres anything wrong about that. Trust me, I feel good when I see people like you and others who are so dedicated towards the cause of India's development. Infact, I get periodic newsletters from some secular think-tanks in Pakistan. I admire the way some people are thinking in that country to solve their problems.

From what I have seen is that the problem with India cannot be resolved by a top-down approach. As Lord Acton put it, "Power Corrupts." Corruption may not necessarily be of financial nature. Actions can be corrupt too. People who become leaders and get elected to run countries, provinces, districts or even municipalities, become more interested in making hay while the sun shine and ensure that the sun keeps shining. In other words, elected officials have a vested interest in padding their pockets and/or serving the special interests that played an invisible but influential role that helped them get elected.

People have made careers out of politics. Politics should not be a career. Politics should be a means of serving the country, whereby people get elected for a term or two and serve the interests of the people.

I believe India needs a bottom-top approach. People need to take action at the lower level. Things as little as not messing up public toilets, not relieving yourself on the streat, throwing trash in designated collection bins can have an exponential effect by keeping communal areas clean for everyone to enjoy.

Someone took it the wrong way when I said Indians are generally selfish and self-centered. By that I mean people in India consciously or unconsciously fail to realize the ramifications of their actions on those around them. Just look at the way people rush to get onto a bus. Women, children and older people stand no chance of getting on a bus if all the stronger younger males selfishly try to get onboard.

This self-centered attitude also leads people to be apathetic about what the Government is doing. People are just too busy to think about themselves and their families to care about how small decisions made by the Government which someday could effect their lives in a major way.

When I was in India I was surprized that there was hardly any philosophical debate over whats going on in the country. The most common debates I witnessed were about whats the best car to buy or what laptop or mobile phone to buy. People have vested their happiness and satisfaction in ordinary mechanical devices. What I am saying is evident from how people react when their car gets hit on the road.

These days there is a big debate in the United States over healthcare. People are up in arms and in the streets over an expected change in Government Policy. There is a good chance that the proposed policy is not going to pass in its current shape because of the way people have reacted to it.

The is what I mean by a bottom-up approach. People need to be vigilant activists and serve their role as a citizen by being the watchdogs over Government.

Government officials need to be periodically reminded that we don't work for them. They are the ones who work for us. Ofcourse all this must be done in a peaceful manner. Violence always justifies the wrong side of the debate.

Finally, people must refrain from balkanizing human suffering. Human suffering does not come with a passport. Trust me, images of starving people in India are no more painful than those of the starving people in Africa. Actions should not be merely directed towards ending all human suffering within a particular nation-society. Such actions could come at a cost to human welfare in other nation societies. An example would be the colonial plundering of the resources of Africa and Asia may have helped build the western economies but it came at the cost of immense human suffering in these two continents.

You are right. People should not be lecturing. People need to take action. Actions need not be at a macro level .Actions can be as subtle as how you conduct yourself in your day to day life.

daivischahal
November 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
nice post sumit
its a very good thing that u r loyal to the country which gave u reasons for happiness in ur life.....
in india we need people like u, who cares for their country......america is at the top because it has people who think like u.....

apne bilkul sahi kaha hai ki indian problems can be solved by a bottom-up approach....
a politician is corrupt because people want him to become so......
agar kisi ne pahle hi din use galat kaam karane se rok diya hota wo kabhi corrupt na hota......same is case with govt. employ......
maine helmet nahi pahna or police wale ke rokne par use rishvat de di....then i m responsible for that corruption not the policeman.......
agar maine galti ki hai to punishment ke liye bhi ready rahna chahiye.....

so the essence is that the common man has to change his mind...his thinking....and that will be possible only through education......
but who will educate them?
only those persons can educate them who understand these problems ......
but at present the count of such people is not so gud......first we have to increase this count.....
one method that immediately comes to my mind is to discuss these things with ur colleagues.......

daivischahal
November 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM
ram-ram rajiv bhai saab,
really inspiring post showing many ways to start......
you said rightly that the difficult part is to convince the educated people......
in my 15 months career none of my colleague discuss anything about country.......if i started some topic then nobody reply.....just laugh......

but i am sure that once they understand the problem then we will get enough hands to take our country to the ZENIETH OF DEVELOPMENT.....

.....and of course we have to start from grass root level.......
the young generation of our country need the guidance of people like you who have a vision for their country, who really think about their country and who have achieved something in their lives......

Dheeraj24
November 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Who is responsible for Development :

I think Leaders. Farmers . Armed Forces.

Obstacle :

People don't care on HEALTH ASPECTS.
Which was the message brought by Moghuls to India.

katariahce
November 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
i think that we and our next generation have to think about it.
Now a days most of young people are thinking to go out in europe because we are saying that they are develovped countries aur hame to paki-pakai kahn ki aadat pad gi hai.
but think about it:-why they are develovped?
Because they don't have too much corrupt politics and people. They are paying more tax(around 40%) more then us and that tax is used for their benifits,develovpment.
Most of you guys have seen that they are having an emergency number 911. If any one in trouble and call on that number they pic phone,starts to help mentally,reach their for saving one man-women or people life because they are important for them.Important because of they are paying tax and that is the main source of income for their country. In INDIA we are paying and nobody cares about us. If any one is in trouble and he makes a call to 100 then firstly number will be busy,secondly they will not pic ur call,theirdl if by mistake they attend ur call then they shall not reach at time.
So Now come to main point who is responsible for our country develovpment?????
We are responsible- we have to work in our country,our govt. have to think values to their people,
Polticians comes only at time of elections after that if u want to meet them then u can't find them,They become GOD of our country nowhere to find out. So who is responsible???????????
How can we contribute for develovpment of our country??????
We have to take some hard decisions,have to change our mind for thinking that we have to go outer countries and settle tyheir. Bhai Ek baat bahut suni hai ke paka ke khan ka mazaye kuch aur howe se

OTE=daivischahal;233072]sabhi jatlanders ko meri ram-ram....
vipin bhai ke kahe anusar naya thread shuru kar raha hun.....aap sabhi ka saath chahiye kyonki topic bahut gambhir hai.......

what are the obstacles in the development of INDIA and who r RESPONSIBLE for removing those obstacles???????

the main obstacle is dat majority of indians do not feel for india(but now its changing....)
people only think for themselves.......and to some extent, wo dhik bhi hain...because of the cut throat competition in every field.....
but still people, who have succeded in their fields, should also think about their country......
we always say that the policies in india are major hiderances in the development of an individual and so in the development of country......but who will change these policies.......koi bahar se aakar badalega kya kuch?
....nahi .......we have to do it.......

so wat u think about this?[/QUOTE]

daivischahal
November 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
sunny bhai bilkul dhik kahaya tane "paka ke khan ka mazaye kuch aur howe se"

hamari generation(people falling under 20-30 yrs age) me maximum log educated hai....lekin us me se aise kitne hoge jo desh ke bare mei socahte hai.....mushkil se 20%(according to my experience based on people i have met till today).....
lekin apne se pahli generation me ye percentage or bhi kam hai.....
but agar ye 20% log agli generation ko desh ke bare me jagruk karen, unhe ye batayen ki desh k prati bhi unki kuch zimedariyan hai, to next generation me ye percentage 20% se kahi zyada hogi........

bhai ye baat sabhi jaante hai ki hamare desh ke politician(majority) corrupt hai, govt. bodies dhik se kaam nahi karti.......par bahut kam log ye sochate hai ki wo aise kyon hai......or jitne sochate bhi hai unme se bahut hi kam aise hai jo unhe sudharne ki koshish karte hai.....bas yahi hai root cause sari problems ka.....
bhai logon ki soch ko badalna padega......or ye kaam sirf hum kar sakte hai......educated log.......or iske liye ye bhi jaruri nahi ki hum election lade......ya govt. department me jaaye......iski shuruwat ham khud apne ghar se kar sakte.....fir apne rishtedaron se.....

so wat u r going to do to bring this change in our country......so that next time u dial 100, u get a helping hand......best of luck

daivischahal
November 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Who is responsible for Development :

I think Leaders. Farmers . Armed Forces.

Obstacle :

People don't care on HEALTH ASPECTS.
Which was the message brought by Moghuls to India.

dheeraj bhai in ma tu konsi category ma ava hai?

vicky84
November 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Increasing population is a major hurdle in the progress of India. Consumption is very high while scarce natural resources are forcing country to import the products from outside which would eventually put Indian economy in a plunge.

Other resulting consequence of population is increasing global warming which would hit Indian economy very badly in future.

Resolution : Education,Awareness, Strict laws on controlling population.

katariahce
November 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
you may be right on your this way of talking that increasing populatoion is a cause. But here here is one question from my side:-
Why china is having better economy?
That country is having more population then us.
So here population is is not the main cause behind it. It depends upon technology, Govt. that help to grow up the status or economy of our country......
You have seen a lot of times in INDIA that Highway construction is going on... once they covered all of their project then again they start to make it. Why? Bcoz they are not using good material. Why are they not using good material?
Bcoz. we are corrupted. We are taking bribe from those fellows who are responsible to make highways. And also he is not paying from his pocket. He is paying from the main buget of project. And also he have to save money for himself also. So atleast 40% of money went into our pockets. And after that u know very well what they do????

Increasing population is a major hurdle in the progress of India. Consumption is very high while scarce natural resources are forcing country to import the products from outside which would eventually put Indian economy in a plunge.

Other resulting consequence of population is increasing global warming which would hit Indian economy very badly in future.

daivischahal
November 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM

rightly said Atish.....today population is a major hurdle in the progress of India
but i think in future its rate of increasing will come down, because now people are more job-oriented .......so no one dare to have more than 1 or at max 2 children.....
but the rate at which people are consuming resources, both renewable and non-renewable, that is really alarming......
for example most of the people dont care to switch off their AC,FAN,LIGHTS, etc before leaving the room, especially those who are having good income......n they have only 1 reply for this...."WHO CARES....I WILL PAY FOR THIS".....they dont think there is an uper-limit on production of electricity....
everything cant be compensated with money.....
and as you have already suggested that only AWARENESS is the solution of this.......because these people are already educated.....

dahiyarules
November 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
One should not assume that those who left India do not care about it at all. I still remember that in the 1990s, India was having a shortage of US dollars due to US sanctions. The Indian fraternity here in the US sent Billions of Dollars to India to help the country.

I will do the same to the extent I am legally allowed to if something like that were to happen again.

These days Indians have a strong lobby in Washington because of our ability to make Political donations. I know of people who can summon the Clintons and Bush's with one phone call. The recent Nuclear Treaty with India was passed because of a stubborn and costly lobbying effort by the Indian fraternity here.

VirJ
November 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
the main obstacle is dat majority of indians do not feel for india(but now its changing....)-- I think this is wrong. They do feel for india. Like you do.

people only think for themselves.......and to some extent, wo dhik bhi hain...because of the cut throat competition in every field..... Most of the people everywhere think of themself first. I am not sure what u mean by this but everyone think of themself first but many people in our country dont see the big picture because of the lack of awareness.

but still people, who have succeded in their fields, should also think about their country......Many do. They are working to bring awareness. You will find them everywhere around you. Make them strong.

....nahi .......we have to do it....... Well politics is not the main hinderence. The main hinderence is ignorance. Lot of our brothers live in village. Once there is awareness in the soceity politcs would be in the right place itself.

Yes you are right, we have to bring awareness. There is no point sitting on the couch and counting problems. We all know what the problems are. Need is to come forward and help in the cause.
There is a very good post by Rajeev. We need people like this and luckily we have some.

I also know a family(both doctors) who were earning nearly 1crore/Annum in a developed country but all of a sudden they realised they should be somewhere else. They both are working in a village now helping poor people and are very happy.

I know an IITian(from Haryana) who left his high paying job and entered politics just to bring awareness.

These people are all around you. Help them to bring change. They will answer all ur questions.

In a Rush. Rest later.
Cheers!

malikseema
November 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Who is responsible for the Development of india?.......
I am glad this topic is being carried out here....I also want to add my simple words here..
Withuot using heavy intellectual words I just want to say that we all r responsible for India's Development as being the citizens of this country.We all should put our efforts may it b minimal I'm not saying to do some extraordinary work or the effort which is offbeat of our daily n usual work routine but as much we do we should b fair in that ....either it is by following the Rules n Regulations ,following the instructions or other informatories which r being posed by government OR by performing our services as being employee's serving the government offices.
According to me CORRUPTION is one of the main hurdles in In India's Development.
second hurdle is the Attitude of we Indians....ME ,MY ,MYSELF.......we hav to change our this approach to deal with situations n conditions.
Another hurdle is the Lack of Awareness in every field,may it b Health ,Education,social,n Political.So many schemes n programmes raised by Indian Governments r not even known to citizens....n thus they r deprived of the benifts of those schemes all due to lack of awareness n education n all the benefit goes into the pockets of corrupt politicians n officials.....n PUBLIC remains as it is .....Bechaari n DEEN-HEEN.
we Indians hav an Inflencial/Blind follower way of approach....we just take things or follow things as the influencial people want us to take things in their own way.we hav to change this approach specially to uplift our social system.
Another thing ....we always criticise other's n never evaluate ourselves,inspite of criticisng the pevailing situations we all should put some initiations frm our ownself to make things better.
we can even bring change by putting very small efforts of our ownself instead of waiting others to start or lead us.
BOOND-BOOND SE SAGAR BHARTA HAI .......
The main essence which s required for the Development of a nation is Felling of Patriotism in the hearts of citizens......n Patriotism regarding a free country is the efforts done by its citizens enhancing the nations progress n maintaing peace n unity .
Unity is Strength...truly accomplies as united we stand n single we struggle.....as we are studying frm our childhood.
Its just that, to conclude........we should stop criticisng the prevailing situations n should start atleast performing our duties fairly as this for our country -our land-our home.
why should we wait another East india company to come n rule us to evoke our patriotism.
Stand up n start !

rocky0036
November 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
desh ke pasie leader log aapni jab main dal lete hai

All Indian leaders are responsible for all this:)

daivischahal
November 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
desh ke pasie leader log aapni jab main dal lete hai

All Indian leaders are responsible for all this:)

na rocky bhai leaders responsible na hai, hum responsible hai.....
kade koi leader na puchhta hi konya k wo kya kar rya hai......leader dhora to hum zib javan hai jib koi kaam karvana ho.....ya koi sifaarish lagvaani ho......
sahi kaam kahatar to hum leader na kadi kuch kahte konya.....

bhai ek apni vote to hum soch samajh ka poll karte konya, or to k kar lenge....bas party te vote deva hai......nu na dekhte ki jo MLA ya MP banan laag rya hai, wo LEADER banan k laayak hai bhi ya nahi....wo logon ke ar desh k baare ma socha bhi hai k nahi....

I think that if we use our vote to select a good candidate, who can represent us in a better way, then a lot can change.......

daivischahal
November 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
seema u r right.....in our country we do have good Rules n Regulations(i know some need modification)....but if we follow the existing rules n laws of land then it will be a major change, towards the development of our country....
n yes, instead of criticizing the existing situation if we put our efforts to improve it, only then we will have a better TOMORROW....
to change the system,people have to change themselves.....

rocky0036
November 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
na rocky bhai leaders responsible na hai, hum responsible hai.....
kade koi leader na puchhta hi konya k wo kya kar rya hai......leader dhora to hum zib javan hai jib koi kaam karvana ho.....ya koi sifaarish lagvaani ho......
sahi kaam kahatar to hum leader na kadi kuch kahte konya.....

bhai ek apni vote to hum soch samajh ka poll karte konya, or to k kar lenge....bas party te vote deva hai......nu na dekhte ki jo MLA ya MP banan laag rya hai, wo LEADER banan k laayak hai bhi ya nahi....wo logon ke ar desh k baare ma socha bhi hai k nahi....

I think that if we use our vote to select a good candidate, who can represent us in a better way, then a lot can change.......

come on bro
koi ek bhi asia candidate nhi hai jo accha ho

pure ke pure desh main ..........

ager hai to batao uski doop bhatti kar du todi

akshaymalik84
November 30th, 2009, 11:26 AM
The first thing we all need to understand that we are all independent. Independence means freedom with responsibility. Responsibility towards self, family, environment and country. I think most of us understand very well that people theirself are responsible for the betterment of their country.

Responsibility is all about taking actions and directing them towards desired goals and doing so in a trustworthy manner. Since one individual can not perform all the action so blaming solely our Politician/leaders is not rational. Tasks/action are delegated and each individual needs to perform it to best of its knowledge and skills. Here lies the problem with us Indians, most of jobs we do are not suitable to our skills and knowledge. I mean that very few of us do their duties with any desire of betterment of society. Don't we?

Other thing is the accountability. The responsibilities need to be evaluated against expectations. An individual needs to be accountable to his actions. The problem we have in our system is that nobody is accountable for their actions. (Go to any Govt. office, the clerks will keep you circling from one table to another.) Most of us don’t know what we have to do in life. We just don’t know where we are going so any road will do!

Effective and efficeint use of authority is another attribute of development. We give authority and power to our leaders/politicians to make decisions and judgment for well being of country and society. But we choose individuals with less knowledge, less skill, less abilities. No need to say most to them act in untrustworthy manner.

We all need to take the ownership of our country, our society, our family and self. A responsibility is a liability if there is no ownership. Taking ownership is an act of owning the task with moral commitment to self, society and country, so as to perform the task in most effective and trustworthy manner. We need to understand that everything in this country is our own. This will make us more committed, sincere, honest and loyal.

So we just all need to perform our duties with positive swing, be accountable to our action, accept authority to make decisions and take ownership. Just saying that I love my country is not patriotism. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance comes from the knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their patriotism through their actions and by their choices.

rajivsp
November 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Most of us don’t know what we have to do in life. We just don’t know where we are going so any road will do!

This is the problem otherwise we have enough potential. So our responsibility is to just make everyone aware of their Goal. What we expect a decent life for everybody. Education and Employment for everybody.

Last year I have started to work in the same direction and invited everybody to join me - specially youngsters - they have energy, potential, confidence to bring changes to our society. There is great power in network and if we have that network we can influence everything even politics. And here I agree with Sunil Reddy and thats why I have posted his mail in this thread. .

We have to become Strong - Otherwise we will be exploited and This is the Fact - Weeks always exploited by strong. Exploiter may be our own people or outsiders - our politicians or our employers.

Fateh
December 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I personly feel that we all Indians who stay inside or outside India are responsible for what ever slow or fast progress we have done & obstacle is a strong selfishness of we all & abscence of Nationalism.

daivischahal
December 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM
all of us gave, more or less, the same solution; that is WE have to change ourselves......
if everybody know the solution then why things are not changing.........why we are not changing ourselves
what is stopping us to remove corruption from our country and making it the BEST.......

arvind1069
December 20th, 2009, 02:12 PM
everybody is responsible
public and leaders both.
since corruption percolates from top to bottom, leaders r more responsible.
public is responsible for development at small level.
and leaders are responsible for development at a larger level.

harmeetdahiya
December 29th, 2009, 03:06 PM
My dear freind i just want to know the meaning of word ' DEVELOPEMENT' used by you.

daivischahal
December 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
My dear freind i just want to know the meaning of word ' DEVELOPEMENT' used by you.

mr. dahiya you can take the basic meaning of DEVELOPMENT; i.e. when someone or something grows or changes and becomes more advanced ;

now please donot ask me the meaning of ADVANCED.......

in the current context, development means the social, economic and cultural development of our country and its citizens......

so instead of asking such silly questions please put light on the topic under discussion.......

DrRajpalSingh
December 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Friends,

There is no end to criticism of various facets of national life. But we must better remember: Do not ask what the nation has given to you but ask yourself what you have given to your motherland.

Needless to repeat that India has made tremendous progress since 1947 in all the fields under sun and instead of lamenting on lost opportunities here and there, we all the Indians and also India born NRIs have contributed in making it as a fast developing nation and it is our noble duty to contribute our humble mite in making the Motherland more habitable place for now and leave it in better shape, for the generations to follow, when we depart from the scene.

regards,

Dr. Raj Pal Singh