PDA

View Full Version : We need your help!

satyeshwar
November 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,
We need your help in updating Jatland WIKI. If you have authoritarian information on a subject related to Jats, please feel free to write about it on the WIKI section. For example, maybe you can talk about the village you were born in, or the gotra that you belong to. Perhaps you know of some well known Jat and can provide their details. It is a community resource and we want to encourage everyone to use it as much as possible.
Please focus on quality before quantity. This means that we need correct information first, and more information later. Even if you feel that you don't have enough knowledge on Jat related subjects, you can go through existing pages and fix them for syntactical or grammatical mistakes that other users may have made.
WIKI is for everyone. It is not the duty of just a chosen few. There are certain editors who have special privileges to delete and modify special pages, but common tasks can be performed by any member of the site. Often, I get an email where a member is saying that you don't have XYZ gotra or village name in your WIKI, please add it. My response to such emails is always along these lines: WIKI stands for "What I know is", that means you can edit it yourself, it's really quite simple. If you want to know more about WIKI editing, you can use these links:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing
http://www.jatland.com/home/%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%A6%E0%A 5%80_%E0%A4%AE%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%82_%E0%A4%95%E0%A5%8 8%E0%A4%B8%E0%A5%87_%E0%A4%B2%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%96%E0 %A5%87%E0%A4%82
You can also go to the WIKI editors but please use this as the last resort.

Finally, to encourage everyone to edit the WIKI section more often, we will be granting special privileges to those who are very active there. We will give more quotas for them in Private Messages and Photos. We are also open on other privileges that they may request.

-Bagh

urmiladuhan
November 29th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for this useful information.

lrburdak
November 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks Urmilaji,
You have posted image of B S Dahiya, a much desired photo as your first Wiki Edit. It is now in B S Dahiya article. We need some more details about him. Keep it up !!!

Regards,

urmiladuhan
November 29th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks Urmilaji,
You have posted image of B S Dahiya, a much desired photo as your first Wiki Edit. It is now in B S Dahiya article. We need some more details about him. Keep it up !!!

Regards,

My pleasure :)

Was he not awarded an honorary Ph.D degree? Perhaps someone else can also confirm.