PDA

View Full Version : common beliefs

anusha
December 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM
what do u think about the common myths or beliefs like kundli,pandit,palmistry,kala jadoo,buri nazar,stones,spirits,purane janam ke pap/punya,karam,kismat etc ?....share any real stories that happened to you any time......

rocky0036
December 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM
what do u think about the common myths or beliefs like kundli,pandit,palmistry,kala jadoo,buri nazar,stones,spirits,purane janam ke pap/punya,karam,kismat etc ?....share any real stories that happened to you any time......

1.karam or kismat ek hai karam karoge to aapko kuch accha milega whi aapki kismat ban jaygi. meri mummy ji bolti hai kaam or kismat dono bhai bhen hai.
2.pap or punya>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ager ham kiske sath bura karte hai to ...jiske sath ham bura karege wo kis or sath karega..or koi hamhare sath bhi karega.is trha punya ki baat hai ......................baki sab chiz kaam ki nhi hai.........like kundli,pandit,tok,jado tona bakar ki baate hai

pooja12goyat
December 7th, 2009, 07:23 PM
koi kuch nahin hai sab apni mehnat par hai:rolleyes:

PAWANCHAUDHARY
December 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Wow kya Bola hai Pooja ne, its universal truth, every result comes after a genuine work.

deepshi
December 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
but i still feel buri nazar hoti hai..didnt use to beleive before
par baddua lagti hai ..or bahot buri lagti hai..if someones done wrong to u to limit.

there is a man watchin us ..up there..sab hisaab karta hai

PAWANCHAUDHARY
December 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Deepshi, Ye sab aapko kaise pata hai, have u made any such research on it

deepshi
December 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Deepshi, Ye sab aapko kaise pata hai, have u made any such research on it
Nope..pure personal experience...
n I was non-plussed

ritu
December 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I do believe in palmistry.I have showed my hand to a palmist in appu ghar while i was in college .every thing he told me came out to be true.

rekharathee
December 7th, 2009, 09:05 PM

dont knw about nything else..............but yes believe in guardian angels concept

sunitahooda
December 7th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Rekha ye koon hoya karein?
dont knw about nything else..............but yes believe in guardian angels concept

rekharathee
December 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Rekha ye koon hoya karein?

guardian Angels are thought to be spiritual beings that are "assigned" to assist people here on Earth in various ways. Whether there is one angel per person, one angel for several person or several angels for one person is open to question. But whether you believe in them or not, or whether you want one or not,

for me.....my guardian angel is my late grandmother

akshaymalik84
December 8th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I do believe in palmistry.I have showed my hand to a palmist in appu ghar while i was in college .every thing he told me came out to be true.

Manne bhi appu ghar mai ek baar apna hath dikhaya tha.....pandat bolya tere 3 byah howenge.....mai bolya makka ek e kara de tu dhang ki chori gel....nue bola dhang ki tohan(Find) mai e te tere 3 byah howenge.......:rock:rock:rock

lalit_nashier
December 8th, 2009, 03:38 AM

Who started all this? We, the human, are great. Mind is awesome.
Just imagine and you will see whatever you want to.
(Take it in literal sense if you want even then it's true. Just try :) )

ritu
December 8th, 2009, 04:59 AM
i hope tera haath dussre koisse ne dekha ho.:(
Manne bhi appu ghar mai ek baar apna hath dikhaya tha.....pandat bolya tere 3 byah howenge.....mai bolya makka ek e kara de tu dhang ki chori gel....nue bola dhang ki tohan(Find) mai e te tere 3 byah howenge.......:rock:rock:rock

ritu
December 8th, 2009, 05:01 AM
meri ma kaha karre ek buri nazr te patther ne bhi kha ja.......i believe it in as well .aur baddua to lagti hi hai agar kisi ka sacha man dukhavo to
par baddua lagti hai ..or bahot buri lagti hai..if someones done wrong to u to limit.

captparry
December 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM

I personally feel that all these that buri nazar & baddua is our own perception towards the problems we face in life......May be we just wana console ourself to get out of the situation....this doesn not mean that we shudn care about our deeds & do wrong things....but if we do the analysis of root causes, i am sure we will find the better answer than this........i think we try to suger coat our problems & sympathize ourself......

deepshi
December 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I personally feel that all these that buri nazar & baddua is our own perception towards the problems we face in life......May be we just wana console ourself to get out of the situation....this doesn not mean that we shudn care about our deeds & do wrong things....but if we do the analysis of root causes, i am sure we will find the better answer than this........i think we try to suger coat our problems & sympathize ourself......

nope...trust me on that
My mom is basically good at heart and naive,,but wen there sum problems in my life..serious ones...her heart used to weep every day and night.
The other party..they got medical tests for EVERYTHING but no results.That man who was usually full of FALSE ego n power, was ruthless...looked like a skeletal, hadnt slept for ages n lost his mind.

VivekGathwala
December 9th, 2009, 01:29 AM
earlier i feel its my own perception or psychological stuff ...but have gone through 2/3 times than realized things happen !!! i found a palmist prediction true & still working out on that ...... i personally feel it will differ from person to person !!!:rolleyes:

annch
December 9th, 2009, 02:06 AM
A friend of mine had an approval pending on some official work for couple of months......he came across this pandit who gave a range of dates when he would get the approval.........and, he did get that approval within those dates.......

And the range was 3rd Dec 2009 to 5th Dec 2009!!!!

Tukka?????

earlier i feel its my own perception or psychological stuff ...but have gone through 2/3 times than realized things happen !!! i found a palmist prediction true & still working out on that ...... i personally feel it will differ from person to person !!!:rolleyes:

sunillathwal
December 9th, 2009, 02:36 AM

Buri nazar kaa to bera naaa, par kuch log (aur kuch luggai) isse hain, ak tadki shakal dikh jya unki to saabte din mood kharab er chho uttha rah hai kham-kha...

VirJ
December 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Buri nazar kaa to bera naaa, par kuch log (aur kuch luggai) isse hain, ak tadki shakal dikh jya unki to saabte din mood kharab er chho uttha rah hai kham-kha...

han jache he teri bat mere

VirJ
December 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
A friend of mine had an approval pending on some official work for couple of months......he came across this pandit who gave a range of dates when he would get the approval.........and, he did get that approval within those dates.......

And the range was 3rd Dec 2009 to 5th Dec 2009!!!!

Tukka?????

Stars do have some affect on us, I believe, but to what extent, I dont know. Someone described my physical appearance without knowing me. Many other things he wrote about me were true too( There were also a few things which aren't correct or hasn't happened yet). He also predicted pregnancy for two woman which were both correct. A marriage for a woman exact month and location(just said foreign) much before it happened. I also know that a married woman's lovers(just number) were predicted too and they were correct.

But, I met this Gujju lady in mumbai. She is an astrologer( not professional just hobby/interest). She told me that once you leave your birth place than the position of stars change and its hard to predict(based on place of birth,time and DOB) as star wont have same affect on you. The further you move from your birth place the more variation you will have in your prediction which made sense to me.

malikdeepak1
December 9th, 2009, 12:18 PM
but i still feel buri nazar hoti hai..

Buri najar bhi hoti hai aur tone-totke bhi hote hain! Jiske hove se wo e jaane se. Bhoot aali baat se, jo dekh le wo e manen laag jaga.

Kuch shyane-jhapte to loga ne bahkaye rahya kare, par ek-aadhe ne kasuta gyaan hove se. Ya to meri aankhya dekhi hod se. Mere kaka ke chorre ke paa pe jor aana band ho gya tha (5-6 saal ka tha jab wo). gudliya ho gya tha wo. Rohtak me, Delhi me sare dactra tai dikha diya, koi farak nahi lagya. 2-3 mhine ilaaj me kaadh diye nyu e. Fer Aakhir me ek shyane bula liya ghran un ne. Main bhi us din ude e tha. Marebate me bera na ke padhya, er biscuit dikha ke mere bhai te nyu bolya "aaja beta!"

Chora fed den si taanga pe khdya hoke chal pdya. Fer usne batayi ke ispe toona kar rakhya tha kise padosi ne. Meri to use din jach gi ke ye sab cheej hove se. Pahla main bhi nahi manya karu tha in baata ne.
Mane to "Ghaal" bhi dekh rakhi se, wa baroli me diva sa chasta jaya kare!!
Wa e se, sab dikhe hod pe e vishwas kare se. These things really exists!

sanjaymalik
December 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Buri najar bhi hoti hai aur tone-totke bhi hote hain! Jiske hove se wo e jaane se. Bhoot aali baat se, jo dekh le wo e manen laag jaga.

Kuch shyane-jhapte to loga ne bahkaye rahya kare, par ek-aadhe ne kasuta gyaan hove se. Ya to meri aankhya dekhi hod se. Mere kaka ke chorre ke paa pe jor aana band ho gya tha (5-6 saal ka tha jab wo). gudliya ho gya tha wo. Rohtak me, Delhi me sare dactra tai dikha diya, koi farak nahi lagya. 2-3 mhine ilaaj me kaadh diye nyu e. Fer Aakhir me ek shyane bula liya ghran un ne. Main bhi us din ude e tha. Marebate me bera na ke padhya, er biscuit dikha ke mere bhai te nyu bolya "aaja beta!"

Chora fed den si taanga pe khdya hoke chal pdya. Fer usne batayi ke ispe toona kar rakhya tha kise padosi ne. Meri to use din jach gi ke ye sab cheej hove se. Pahla main bhi nahi manya karu tha in baata ne.
Mane to "Ghaal" bhi dekh rakhi se, wa baroli me diva sa chasta jaya kare!!
Wa e se, sab dikhe hod pe e vishwas kare se. These things really exists!

Bhai kyun JL pe dar falan lag raha hai,Esa kuchh na hota, Mere yaar tu bhi badiaya sansani khej story writer hai.take it lightly.

malikdeepak1
December 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Bhai kyun JL pe dar falan lag raha hai,Esa kuchh na hota, Mere yaar tu bhi badiaya sansani khej story writer hai.take it lightly.
ha ha. story hoti to Timepass me chipka deta bhaisaab. Its true. I'm not forcing anyone to believe it or in any such type of things. Jisko man-na hai maano nahi man-na to well n gud. Nobody is forcing you to accept it :)

bhavnasingh20
December 9th, 2009, 01:39 PM
mujhe to bahut vishwas hai yeh janamparti mein aur kuch panditon ki baaton mein bhi...

waise kafi to fraud hote hein but kuch genuine bhi hote hein....

mera bhai ek pandit ke pass gaya tha...usne dekhte hi usse bola ki tera agle 1-2 din mein major accident hoga....

aur wahi hua....santro mein 2 lacs se upar ke damages....so u can imagine...

fir ek doosre pandit ne kuch saal pehle mere bhai ko dekhte hi bola tha ki teri kismet mein bahut vehicle accidents hein...n he has had many accidents....be it a car...bike or even a bicycle....

issi same pandit ne bina mujhse mile mere nature ke baare mein kafi baatein boli thi...janampatri dekh ke....sab sach nikli....

so yeah all this is true in some way or the other...
aur bahut se aise bhi nalayak log hein jo doosron pe totke karate hein.....par wahi hai ki hisab to yahin deke jana hai....so the Almighty punishes them in the appropriate way :rock

captparry
December 9th, 2009, 02:10 PM
nope...trust me on that
My mom is basically good at heart and naive,,but wen there sum problems in my life..serious ones...her heart used to weep every day and night.
The other party..they got medical tests for EVERYTHING but no results.That man who was usually full of FALSE ego n power, was ruthless...looked like a skeletal, hadnt slept for ages n lost his mind.

Okkk...m not denying wat you are saying,rather i am in total agrrement about ur way of looking at it & that one has to pay the price for his/her deeds.......but can we say wid confidence that watever happened to dat man is just bcoz he hurt/cheated us & bcoz we & our beloved ones were in grief & in that state of mind we cursed him & dats why presently he is in such state..R v sure that there is no other reason dan this....sorry but my thought process is not able to support it......NO HARD FEELINGS & NOTHING PERSONAL....see this is my perception & thats the way i take good & bad things in life....as per me these are the tools to motivate or console us towards watever happens to us in our lives

sanjaymalik
December 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM

About Kundli and Palmistry these are the mere posibilites and probalities which may happen or may not happens. It is upto the person whether he can encash such possiblities or not.
There are some role of kismat and Bhagaye, for eg one person work hard and did not achieved the thing which he want to achieved, I have number of friends who used to prepared for Civil Services( IAS, IPS, Judiciary) but despite their hard work with inteligence they did not achieve, and after meeting them no one can say that they are not derserving for that. Sometime a person did not work hard and easily achieved his dream job and wat he want with a little efforts, this is all about kismat or bhagaye.
And as per me whoever do wrong deeds in his/her life he has to pay for those within this life. For eg. many years back in my neighbourhood there is a lady who married to a person that was in Army and died in Srilanka Operations, she also having one son from that marriage. After the death of her husband she left the matrimonial home with all money which she recieved as monetary benefit to her husband leaving the child with her sas-sasur. Now she used to live with his Brothers and her brother used her money. Now one year back the same course of action happened with his brother's son i.e her nephew who died in Tripura accidently, her widow left matrimonial home with taking all benifits recieved from Army. Moral of the stroy is Tit for tat.
So don't hurt anyone.
Br/sanjay

malikdeepak1
December 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
the same course of action happened with his brother's son i.e her nephew who died in tripura accidently, her widow left matrimonial home with taking all benifits recieved from army. Moral of the stroy is tit for tat.
So don't hurt anyone.
Br/sanjay

इसने कह्या करे "मैह के लिकड़ना" | बेईमाना घणे दिन ना फाब्या करै |

anilsangwan
December 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM
यो जो गोपाल कांडा स..... Mdlr का चैरमन एर हरयाणा का गृह राज्य मंत्री.... इसकी खूस्डा की दूकान थी २०००-२००१ में सिरसा में... एर भुंडी ढाल कर्जे में डूब रा था..... फेर न्यू बतावें स आक इस ने कोए बाबा मिल्या ... "कुटिया आला बाबा" ... वोह इस न न्यू बोल्या आक तू सिरसा छोड़ ज्या........ जब तेरा भला होगा. आर भाई योह बानिया आ गया गुडगाँव.... एर इसी बल्ले बल्ले हो गयी..... बेरा न कितने होटल , हवाई जहाज..... माल्स.... एर बेरा ने के के ले रा स...... एर एब्ब निर्दलिये जीत गया..... एर गृह राज्ये मंत्री बन गया पहली बार में ए..... जे इस ने वोह मोड़ा नहीं मिलता तो योह जूती - चप्पल बेचता पावे ए ....

तो भाई यह सारी बात साची भी हो ज्यां सें.... लेकिन कई मोडे पाखंडी भी हों सें.... सारी की सारी उनकी साची मत मानो .....

akshaymalik84
December 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM
hahaha........ye common beliefs aale e se jin ne "Raj Paachle janam ka" serial start kara se......:D:D....Believe karan aale saare chale jaoo us serial mai....fer bera patega kaun kitna bada believer hai...

deepshi
December 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Okkk...m not denying wat you are saying,rather i am in total agrrement about ur way of looking at it & that one has to pay the price for his/her deeds.......but can we say wid confidence that watever happened to dat man is just bcoz he hurt/cheated us & bcoz we & our beloved ones were in grief & in that state of mind we cursed him & dats why presently he is in such state..R v sure that there is no other reason dan this....sorry but my thought process is not able to support it......NO HARD FEELINGS & NOTHING PERSONAL....see this is my perception & thats the way i take good & bad things in life....as per me these are the tools to motivate or console us towards watever happens to us in our lives

Nice Signature

sidchhikara
December 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Koi chakkar nahi hai ... yeh pandit , tone totke , astrology sab bakwaas hai.

This astrologer nonsense can be attribute to selection bias: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

People for who certain things have come true go and spread the word more than people for who it did not come true.

Please for God's sake ... there is no bhoot and buri nazar. Buri nazar aale nimboo-mirchi ne saag me ger ke khaa jao.

You will stop believing in this nonsense when you stop considering yourself center of the universe and start attributing paranormal explanation to sh*t that happens in everyday life.

People get sick, married, divorced, become parents - sometimes the kid dies, job/visa gets rejected/approved, and in the end they die ... some sooner than others - its called life. Its like a dog's life, except that we are intelligent and do intelligent things with our time on earth -- BUT we are born like a dog and decay like a dog after death - end of story.

sanjeev1984
December 10th, 2009, 09:23 AM
kundli : does matters coz stars effects life.
pandit : most of them r fake jo paise ke liye kuch bhi bolte hain, or logoun ko pagal banate hain.
palmistry : pandit ka logoun ko pagal banane ka tool.
kala jadoo : doosra tool
buri nazar : teesra tool...
stones : strongly believe...
spirits : remove the s from the end of the word... stirit hoti hai .. ek khud ki hi ... jab insaan khud se baatkarta hai....
purane janam ke pap/punya : poorana janam bhi hota hai...
karam-kismat : completes each other....

brahmtewatia
December 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM

This astrologer nonsense can be attribute to selection bias: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

People for who certain things have come true go and spread the word more than people for who it did not come true.

Please for God's sake ... there is no bhoot and buri nazar. Buri nazar aale nimboo-mirchi ne saag me ger ke khaa jao.

You will stop believing in this nonsense when you stop considering yourself center of the universe and start attributing paranormal explanation to sh*t that happens in everyday life.

People get sick, married, divorced, become parents - sometimes the kid dies, job/visa gets rejected/approved, and in the end they die ... some sooner than others - its called life. Its like a dog's life, except that we are intelligent and do intelligent things with our time on earth -- BUT we are born like a dog and decay like a dog after death - end of story.
exactly my opinion. i feel sick when ppl talk of such nonsense... its crap nd total crap... period.

brahmtewatia
December 10th, 2009, 01:09 PM
what do u think about the common myths or beliefs like kundli,pandit,palmistry,kala jadoo,buri nazar,stones,spirits,purane janam ke pap/punya,karam,kismat etc ?....share any real stories that happened to you any time......that is my pick from the thread. look no further, just believe in "KARMA".

captparry
December 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Nice Signature

thank you hai...:):D

captparry
December 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Nice Signature

Thank you hai...:):D

kapdal
December 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Thank god for one sane opinion! And this is what I read today:
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people."

Apart from selection bias, another thing that influences people big time is confusing correlation with causation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_causation
Koi kahega- "Aaj kaali billi rasta kaat gayi, isliye mera accident ho gaya". While it may be a fact that both things happened quite close to each other, what proves that kaali billi was the reason? Bad stuff happens on a regular basis. And the supposedly bad omens (billi, chheenk, aankh phadakana, etc. etc.) also happen on a regular basis. There is heavy correlation between such common occurrences. It is very easy to attribute something shitty that happened to you to some bad omen/ bhavishyavaani or something funky.

What makes this worse is bhed-chaal. One person would say this.
And then, all his near and dear ones and then near and dear ones of his near and dear ones, would become quick believers of the theory. So the first guy makes the common error of confusing correlation with causation. And once he has peddled his story, every one else goes around actively trying to prove this notion. Many times, nothing happens despite the bad omen/bhavishyavaani. But the reaction then is "Bach gaye!!" rather than "Yeh sab bakwaas hai". This is where selection bias comes into play, as we are biased to give the negative incidents more weightage in selection, while not taking into account the times when nothing happened.

sunillathwal
December 10th, 2009, 05:08 PM
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people."

Good one. :D

don't usually work---> never work on.../or/ never worked on them.. that is why they are religious. D

deepshi
December 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM
watever happened to dat man is just bcoz he hurt/cheated us & bcoz we & our beloved ones were in grief & in that state of mind we cursed him & dats why presently he is in such state..R v sure that there is no other reason dan this....

No other reason..trust me again..
They say people who are good at heart/naive and someone is nasty enough to shatter them WITHOUT ANY FAULT/REASON of theirs...God takes extra care of them haha..even if you dont wish the other person bad things!

Again..there is a superpower watching over..up there
Dad used to say"bhagwan ki ek suii hai..n its very sensitive n delicate"...he takes care that its compensated..good or bad deeds..

akshaymalik84
December 10th, 2009, 09:10 PM
They say people who are good at heart/naive and someone is nasty enough to shatter them WITHOUT ANY FAULT/REASON of theirs...God takes extra care of them haha..even if you dont wish the other person bad things!

Dad used to say"bhagwan ki ek suii hai..n its very sensitive n delicate"...he takes care that its compensated..good or bad deeds..

Yeah, there is a super power and that super power let an 21 year old innocent girl assassination in 26/11 attack.:mad: She could never wish bad for anyone.

annch
December 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Bhagwan, acche logo ko jaldi upar bula leta hai :D

Yeah, there is a super power and that super power let an 21 year old innocent girl assassination in 26/11 attack.:mad: She could never wish bad for anyone.

akshaymalik84
December 10th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Bhagwan, acche logo ko jaldi upar bula leta hai :D

If it need good people for itself why the hell do it make good people.

annch
December 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Lets take the case of my friend: He is non-religious, rational and does not believe in astrology and all. It was a relative who consulted this pundit for the first time for him. And the prediction was accurate. Would you apply selection bias in this case?

Personally, I do not believe in anything like this. But if people have these beliefs, and they/their family are happy following them, then good for them.

Apart from selection bias, another thing that influences people big time is confusing correlation with causation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_causation
Koi kahega- "Aaj kaali billi rasta kaat gayi, isliye mera accident ho gaya". While it may be a fact that both things happened quite close to each other, what proves that kaali billi was the reason? Bad stuff happens on a regular basis. And the supposedly bad omens (billi, chheenk, aankh phadakana, etc. etc.) also happen on a regular basis. There is heavy correlation between such common occurrences. It is very easy to attribute something shitty that happened to you to some bad omen/ bhavishyavaani or something funky.

What makes this worse is bhed-chaal. One person would say this.
And then, all his near and dear ones and then near and dear ones of his near and dear ones, would become quick believers of the theory. So the first guy makes the common error of confusing correlation with causation. And once he has peddled his story, every one else goes around actively trying to prove this notion. Many times, nothing happens despite the bad omen/bhavishyavaani. But the reaction then is "Bach gaye!!" rather than "Yeh sab bakwaas hai". This is where selection bias comes into play, as we are biased to give the negative incidents more weightage in selection, while not taking into account the times when nothing happened.

annch
December 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Because he tests your goodness after making you....the faster you clear the test, quicker is your exit from the world :D

If it need good people for itself why the hell do it make good people.

sunillathwal
December 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
if it need good people for itself why the hell do it make good people.

कती ठाली क्यूकर बेट्ठ्या रह इब्ब भगवान्?? टाइम भी तो पास करणा सै उसने... बना दिए आच्छे लोग एर फेर बला लिए.. :d :d

akshaymalik84
December 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM
कती ठाली क्यूकर बेट्ठ्या रह इब्ब भगवान्?? टाइम भी तो पास करणा सै उसने... बना दिए आच्छे लोग एर फेर बला लिए.. :d :d

Because he tests your goodness after making you....the faster you clear the test, quicker is your exit from the world :D

Thanks for enlightening me...

sidchhikara
December 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Lets take the case of my friend: He is non-religious, rational and does not believe in astrology and all. It was a relative who consulted this pundit for the first time for him. And the prediction was accurate. Would you apply selection bias in this case?

Personally, I do not believe in anything like this. But if people have these beliefs, and they/their family are happy following them, then good for them.

Ok ...
What did your friend know from the pandit? Was it some dates?
What kind of information did the pandit elicit from your friend's relative before making his 'prediction'. What is the pandit's background? Are you sure your friend did not fudge the pandits prediction - told you something other than what the pandit really said?
There are a million more questions that can be asked here and there are several weak links.

If such pandits could predict the future, they would be hard to find because they would be working for various intelligence agencies around the world.

Also Wall St would not exist in its current form.

Get over this ... free yourself .. it will feel good.

annch
December 10th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Well, I was never into it to begin it :), niether did that incident convert me.
The surprise element was just that pandit predicted a range covering three days only. And, I knew the dates before the result.

Ok ...
What did your friend know from the pandit? Was it some dates?
What kind of information did the pandit elicit from your friend's relative before making his 'prediction'. What is the pandit's background? Are you sure your friend did not fudge the pandits prediction - told you something other than what the pandit really said?
There are a million more questions that can be asked here and there are several weak links.

If such pandits could predict the future, they would be hard to find because they would be working for various intelligence agencies around the world.

Also Wall St would not exist in its current form.

Get over this ... free yourself .. it will feel good.

annch
December 10th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Whatt!!!! You mean there are no men who stare at goats????:eek:......

kapdal
December 10th, 2009, 11:31 PM

Well, this IS selection bias. That is looking at this example in isolation and ignoring all other examples where pandits get it wrong. If I sit and make random predictions about all and sundry all day long, I'd get some right. Though I can understand that if it happens with you, you do feel WTF.

Also, there is some logic/science behind some of this supposedly "paranormal" stuff. The leading master of this field in the world who can do jaw-dropping stuff is Derren Brown. He can easily replicate the usual "Kala Jadoo" stuff, more intricate magic tricks, and even more complex tricks that one finds hard to fathom. Recently, he "predicted" the exact UK national lottery number. But the best part is that he asserts that there is nothing "paranormal" about it, and there is some logic behind everything. That is he is firmly on the side of science. You can find a few of his achievements here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derren_Brown

Just watch some of his videos on youtube and you'd know what I am talking about.

annch
December 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I hear you completely.
If that pundit had just said that my friend would get an approval, then it would have been just a either/or scenario or a selection bias. But the time that he predicted was what threw us off.

Well, this IS selection bias. That is looking at this example in isolation and ignoring all other examples where pandits get it wrong. If I sit and make random predictions about all and sundry all day long, I'd get some right. Though I can understand that if it happens with you, you do feel WTF.

Also, there is some logic/science behind some of this supposedly "paranormal" stuff. The leading master of this field in the world who can do jaw-dropping stuff is Derren Brown. He can easily replicate the usual "Kala Jadoo" stuff, more intricate magic tricks, and even more complex tricks that one finds hard to fathom. Recently, he "predicted" the exact UK national lottery number. But the best part is that he asserts that there is nothing "paranormal" about it, and there is some logic behind everything. That is he is firmly on the side of science. You can find a few of his achievements here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derren_Brown

Just watch some of his videos on youtube and you'd know what I am talking about.

karan
December 11th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Interesting vaad-vivaad. All that matters is your personal belief, if you want to believe in palmistry, astrology etc by all means do it, if you don't then give a swift kick to every palmist, astrologer. My personal question is if all these palmists and astrologers know so much about other's life how come they can't predict their own prosperity, accidents, mishap etc.
I think it was Sunil or someone else who said, they have friends who could not get into IAS interview process. Don't get disheartened by that, you are not the right 'cultural fit' for that environment. Interviewers can determine that during process. Cultural fit is a euphemism-metaphor for people who work against the established norm may it be race, creed, color, ethnicity, height, weight etc.
I do agree with Sunil that there are some individuals who just ruin your day-their presence is so abhorred you may want to kick them in knees at every chance you get.
Carl Sagan once said, Astronomy is a science, Astrology is a psuedo science.
I tend to agree with Carl Sagan. :cool:

singhabhimanyu
December 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM
its all बकवाद.

Interesting vaad-vivaad. . :cool:

captparry
December 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Ok..agreed....Although i am an atheist but never debated over the existence of Almighty among the people who believe.....bcoz its completely personal issue...anyways ur point well taken........u can never win a battle of belief & that too wid an educated girl & top of it Jat Girl..NO WAY...........:boxing......sombody plzzzzzzzz throw the towel in the ring.....:D:D:D

arvind1069
December 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM
1.karam or kismat ek hai karam karoge to aapko kuch accha milega whi aapki kismat ban jaygi. meri mummy ji bolti hai kaam or kismat dono bhai bhen hai.
2.pap or punya>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ager ham kiske sath bura karte hai to ...jiske sath ham bura karege wo kis or sath karega..or koi hamhare sath bhi karega.is trha punya ki baat hai ......................baki sab chiz kaam ki nhi hai.........like kundli,pandit,tok,jado tona bakar ki baate hai

he is exactly right. sanchit karm se hi kismat banti hai.
pap punya is related to ethics and morality. kisi vyakti ya samaj ka bura karna paap aur bhala karna punya hota hai.

and this ponga pandit stuff, janampatri, jadu tona, nazar lagna is all bakwaas just to fool ppl

rajkphogat
December 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Dear JL

Pls share some experinces about bhoot pret etc.

ek be hum raat ne gaam ki paras me gaye dhol kapadia dekhan mitha er loha le ke par kimme na paya.

ek be shamshan me gaye ped pe jee pe bhoot rahya karta par wo bi dar ki bhaj gya.

Mere te ek pandit ne kahi thi tera isa accident howega tu kati marta-2 bachega uske baad 3 be motorcycle pe te pad liya koohni phoot ja se latte paat ja se uste baadh kimme na howe.:rock:rock:rock

Sab bakwaas hai kise ke ghan biswaas se to jao "Raaj pichle janam ka me".

Kundli: kagaz par khichi gayi line kisi ki jindgi ka faisla nahi kar sakti.
Kismat: Scapegoat for failures.

rajkphogat
December 11th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Dear JL

ek faisla nahi kar sakti.
Kismat: Scapegoat for failures.

Ek be mhare pados me ek ke chora hoya panditan ne uste bataya ek yo tere pe bhar se
wo bhar taran khatar ghar -2 z pump ka pani mangta hande (well to shahar me hote na)
mane uste kahi ek pani te yo bhar na utre yo to sari zindgai teri chhati pe e rahwega chori ho to bi tera pichha chhut ja e.

deepshi
December 11th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Ok..agreed....Although i am an atheist but never debated over the existence of Almighty among the people who believe.....bcoz its completely personal issue...anyways ur point well taken........u can never win a battle of belief & that too wid an educated girl & top of it Jat Girl..NO WAY...........:boxing......sombody plzzzzzzzz throw the towel in the ring.....:D:D:D

I hear ya...
but still reckon..there should be something to hold on to..cant survive without believing in Him..
Nature doesnt like emptiness..it fills in...always..(with sumthin u wud rather not like)

deepshi
December 11th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Dear JL
ek be shamshan me gaye ped pe jee pe bhoot rahya karta par wo bi dar ki bhaj gya.

Haha..acchi yaad duwai
Ek movie thi "Kuchh to hai" ya "darna manaa hai" ya nuu e kuchh..(m bad with names..movies or otherwise)
to usme ek dialogue thaa
ek mota sa tha (fatso)(irritating types)
te uski maa keh hai shortcut manna maariye Movie dekhan jaa hai tai..kyuki raah me chyaahni padenn thi.
vo nii maana ar late hotey ne shortcut maar di..Movie niri bakwas likdi te chhon me te uun e aa raa tha..chyahniyan me jaake, niri bakwas kari ar fer Tombstones pe laat maar k bolla" O Peter..o Parerey..koyi hai ya MAR GAYE SAALEY SAB K SAB"
hahahaha...
that scary movie was just funny

rajkphogat
December 11th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Haha..acchi yaad duwai
Ek movie thi "Kuchh to hai" ya "darna manaa hai" ya nuu e kuchh..(m bad with names..movies or otherwise)
to usme ek dialogue thaa
ek mota sa tha (fatso)(irritating types)
te uski maa keh hai shortcut manna maariye Movie dekhan jaa hai tai..kyuki raah me chyaahni padenn thi.
vo nii maana ar late hotey ne shortcut maar di..Movie niri bakwas likdi te chhon me te uun e aa raa tha..chyahniyan me jaake, niri bakwas kari ar fer Tombstones pe laat maar k bolla" O Peter..o Parerey..koyi hai ya MAR GAYE SAALEY SAB K SAB"
hahahaha...
that scary movie was just funny

Madam hum to dophare me gaye they wo lohe ki keel le-le nu sun rakhi thi bhoot lohe dhore na aaya kare.