PDA

View Full Version : Ideal father and ideal mother

rajesh00
December 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Dear all can you spell out the details of an ideal father and ideal mother.If idealism does not exist then give out the salient features of Good father/good mother.

Sukar
December 17th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Though many things can comprise to formulate an
Ideal/Good Father & Mother...

In my view , a Parent who do not block independence
of his ward is always a worthy parent.

A Child is an independent entity in this World.
माँ प्या की कैद से छुट्टी दो बच्चों को|

Father is one who fills a notion of 'Nidar'निडर in
his offspring.

Mother is one who cares to feed the child even
from her own plate of food.

rajesh00
December 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Though many things can comprise to formulate an
Ideal/Good Father & Mother...

In my view , a Parent who do not block independence
of his ward is always a worthy parent.

A Child is an independent entity in this World.
माँ प्या की कैद से छुट्टी दो बच्चों को|

Father is one who fills a notion of 'Nidar'निडर in
his offspring.

Mother is one who cares to feed the child even
from her own plate of food.

can you throw some more light on that dear.

Mishti
December 17th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Ideal father :- Atticus (from To Kill a Mocking Bird), no one can be like him that's for sure.
Ideal Mother:- My Mom, no one can be like her that's for sure too.

downtoearth
December 18th, 2009, 12:24 AM
to every son, his Dad is a Hero and mother is a Goddess..............

sidchhikara
December 18th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Ideal father: Bapoo Gandhi ... also when you grow up, you could join his cottage industry business ... charkha-sharkha.
Ideal mother: Rama Kataria's mom.

gaganjat
December 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM
hahahehehewhwowhwohahahah if we dont mention chacha nehru as an ideal chacha it wont be fair. nehru nd ghandi were very very close u knw ....very close

Ideal father: Bapoo Gandhi ... also when you grow up, you could join his cottage industry business ... charkha-sharkha.
Ideal mother: Rama Kataria's mom.

prashantacmet
December 18th, 2009, 03:21 AM
hahahehehewhwowhwohahahah if we dont mention chacha nehru as an ideal chacha it wont be fair. nehru nd ghandi were very very close u knw ....very close

"very close"...hahahha.............they were so close that even "lady mountbetan" sweated like hell to breach.........:p

rajesh00
December 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Ideal father as per me:

Takes complete responsibilities of children as regards to shaping their career,making them sensible citizens,be their friend,guide and philosopher,set personal examples of honest living and fearlessness.Stand by them in thick and thin till they feel strong enough to handle their affairs of life.

Ideal Mother:

Be a good nurse,provide best nutricious food,moderate the sometimes harshness of father,teach them dignity of emotions,teach them to be responsible,instill a feeling of love and being loved.constantly monitor their acvtivitioes and guide them through.

karan
December 23rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
Ideal Father
one who gives 'Sanskaar' to his children
Ideal Mother
one who builds 'Charitra' of her children

Gagan, Sid, Prashant
Very nice Insinuation and Innuendo. Though I agree 100%:rock

Fateh
December 27th, 2009, 10:17 PM
This word is only applicable to Indians, why educated people are waisting their valuable time, we should be loyal to our employer,

prashantacmet
December 28th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I smell kinda personal attack in some threads. Does anybody else get such vibe?

Fateh
December 28th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Why donot you smell such stinc when much more personal & insulting attack is launched against elderly, self discipline, simple members. It is noticed some understand only such treatment. undersand the cause, do the treatment or keep away from foul smell.

bls31
December 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Possibly They would be who do not ask you any questions , even bring in a live girl friend, pay your internet, phone, electricity bill, let you takeout the family car, as and when you please, with full tank, let you do what you want, Come and Go as you please , who come to your rescue when you are in difficulty financial or social . Is it too big a wish list? But that is what is happening in most, if not every case.

What to my way of thinking is to strive to be an ideal Son Or Daughter which is very much in your hand , parents, you are born to, One has to love, admire and respect them: like as is where is BLS31

sanjaymalik
December 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Possibly They would be who do not ask you any questions , even bring in a live girl friend, pay your internet, phone, electricity bill, let you takeout the family car, as and when you please, with full tank, let you do what you want, Come and Go as you please , who come to your rescue when you are in difficulty financial or social . Is it too big a wish list? But that is what is happening in most, if not every case.

What to my way of thinking is to strive to be an ideal Son Or Daughter which is very much in your hand , parents, you are born to, One has to love, admire and respect them: like as is where is BLS31

Sir, the true Idial parents discribed by you. thanks

anusha
December 28th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I guess we all feel our parents are ideal ones and we should feel it.However if not talking diplomatically,the good parents should not interfere too much into childrens' life,should be very understanding to make the child feel comfortable with them,should have a heart to listen to child's opinion when required rather than being very adamant for their stand.And should understand and accept the generation and the time gap.

jagmohan
December 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Dear All,

Even Lord RAM was not ideal in the true sense of the word so why put your parents in a frame of idealness! Parents are parents, why judge them? Even the great Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was not an ideal parent. We can at the most look for good qualities in our parents so that we try and imbibe them during our watch as a parent.

I can never be like my parents and my son can never be like me. It is a fact of life and earlier one understands and accepts, better it is for all parties. I can’t better my parents in many qualities of life; honesty, hard work, adaptability, fearlessness, decisiveness, improvisation, compassion, impartiality, tolerance, ability to share, keeping everyone together, sacrificing own comforts for their children for years, respect for their parents and elders and other qualities. Being illiterate they had more wisdom than the combined knowledge of all literates in the family.

One would never realize the importance and qualities the parents have till the time they are around. Once they are gone one feels how incomplete and incompetent we are as compared to them.

I agree times are changing. We are lucky to be born as JATS and we still have DNA that naturally makes us respect our parents and elders. I still can’t gather the courage to drink or even smoke in front of my elder cousins even though they can do nothing if I do. But I suppose that’s how we have seen our elders and learnt. Howsoever selfish the younger generation may seem in other peoples’ eyes, I still believe that they are facing much more challenging times than we faced at their age. May be I wouldn’t have been what I am today had I been born in the 80’s.

I remember an old friend. He retired from the Army as a Lt Col. He used to tell his children, son and daughter “Listen you guys, I can only provide you healthy food, clean clothes, a house to live in, pay your fee in time and provide for occasional entertainment that suits my pocket. Choose whatever you want to become and work hard and please leave my house as soon as you complete your graduation”. Even though he was considered to be a maverick in the Army circles he is a good guy. Once he had asked his father to salute him as he was a commissioned officer and his father was a JCO in the same Regiment. What happened after that is a story to be told another time. Oh yes, his children are doing what they wanted to do and doing well.

Best regards,

JS Malik

rajesh00
December 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I guess we all feel our parents are ideal ones and we should feel it.However if not talking diplomatically,the good parents should not interfere too much into childrens' life,should be very understanding to make the child feel comfortable with them,should have a heart to listen to child's opinion when required rather than being very adamant for their stand.And should understand and accept the generation and the time gap.

yes,Parents must do that but also keep an eagle eye on their deeds and actions to ensure a right track for them.This is of immense importance.

Samarkadian
December 29th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Ideal, good or bad are just another misnomer and relative terms for anything which is mundane. Human just reproduce under hormonal influence like another animal. Not a big deal. Any other species's mother or father do the same for their progeny as humans do. That is not a virtue and overhyped morality. I don't buy it. Parenthood in humans is a serious and debatable issue when it comes to raising a child. The parents who raise up a responsible human and citizen are good to community and humanity. Key point is to recognise a natural gift in their child and then gradualy sharpening it for the survival and strength issues. One thing which Indian parents would never teach or tell their kids is the practise of detachment[ they dont themselves] which in turn is the gold in the growth of that child in to a man or woman. Society have mountains of social conventions for marriage but surprisingly nothing for the preparation of parenthood.

rajesh00
December 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Ideal, good or bad are just another misnomer and relative terms for anything which is mundane. Human just reproduce under hormonal influence like another animal. Not a big deal. Any other species's mother or father do the same for their progeny as humans do. That is not a virtue and overhyped morality. I don't buy it. Parenthood in humans is a serious and debatable issue when it comes to raising a child. The parents who raise up a responsible human and citizen are good to community and humanity. Key point is to recognise a natural gift in their child and then gradualy sharpening it for the survival and strength issues. One thing which Indian parents would never teach or tell their kids is the practise of detachment[ they dont themselves] which in turn is the gold in the growth of that child in to a man or woman. Society have mountains of social conventions for marriage but surprisingly nothing for the preparation of parenthood.

All the same, once the role of reproduction completes naturally,Parental responsibilities surface and that is a reality whch can not be dumpped under the carpet on a pretext that it is all natural.

sidchhikara
December 30th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I don't think the thread topic, especially the word "ideal" is right.
What is ideal for one may be totally non-ideal for someone else.
Ideal by whose definition?
A Muslim/Christian society might consider a Hindu father to be totally non-ideal and vice-versa.

Here is a humorous take on parenting especially by working parents by George Carlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCAdb7JdygA

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izE4_Jd2dOw&feature=related

prashantacmet
December 30th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I agree completely

prashantacmet
December 30th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Why donot you smell such stinc when much more personal & insulting attack is launched against elderly, self discipline, simple members. It is noticed some understand only such treatment. undersand the cause, do the treatment or keep away from foul smell.

Respected sir it's all an individual perception . May be u don't fit in the canvas of other person despite of all "self-declared" virtues and may be I am the most stupid person on earth who didn't sniff such derogatory personal assault but the point is that I apologize for entire "devastation". Please forgive me If you can.

Ojus
January 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Ideal parents are those who are economically independent & don't eye their child's money
or even have any plans to sustain on child'd income.

Fateh
January 4th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Respected sir it's all an individual perception . May be u don't fit in the canvas of other person despite of all "self-declared" virtues and may be I am the most stupid person on earth who didn't sniff such derogatory personal assault but the point is that I apologize for entire "devastation". Please forgive me If you can.

Thanks for your sercastic remarks for my self declaration, friend you are at liberty to varify facts, you may find many more than what I mentioned. Any way please donot mind, we should learn to believe others, to respect elders.

chhillarneha
January 4th, 2010, 10:40 PM
ummmmm...its something which got me thinking..IdEaL huh..!!
Maa always says,"jab tum hamari jagah aaoge tab pata chalega..." :-p..........for me ideal maa is someone i have :)....and ideal papa would be someone who is more ChILLed out.!!
Jat dads are toooo strict..