PDA

View Full Version : Do we believe we respect our elders?

RenukaDabas
December 22nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Friends,

This is Renuka, I am new member of jatland. Yesterday I saw two extreme conditions at same place (doctor's clinic) which made me to ask this question at this forum:

Those extreme scenarios were:
Condition 1: The Clinic was full different age group of people, starting from 15 till 70 years . When I entered the clinic I saw one aged uncle(must be in his late 60s), was standing and looking for some place to sit , but nobody bothered to offer him a seat. That uncle got a chance to sit when someone left the seat on his turn to visit the doctor.

Condition 2: In the same clinic I saw one old lady (must be in her 80s) who was accompanied by her daughter/daughter-in-law(second generation w.r.t. old lady) and her grandson( third generation w.r.t. old lady) and I must say, second and third generation did everything to make her comfortable.

Friends , I just want to know , what we as younger generation should do to make sure to reduce % of condition 1 and increase that of condition 2.

Thanks in advance.

Renuka Dabas

Extend your helping hand....

ajaysinghkundu
December 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Hi Friends,

This is Renuka, I am new member of jatland. Yesterday I saw two extreme conditions at same place (doctor's clinic) which made me to ask this question at this forum:

Condition 1: The Clinic was full different age group of people, starting from 15 till 70 years . When I entered the clinic I saw one aged uncle(must be in his late 60s), was standing and looking for some place to sit , but nobody bothered to offer him a seat. That uncle got a chance to sit when someone left the seat on his turn to visit the doctor.

Condition 2: In the same clinic I saw one old lady (must be in her 80s) who was accompanied by her daughter/daughter-in-law(second generation w.r.t. old lady) and her grandson( third generation w.r.t. old lady) and I must say, second and third generation did everything to make her comfortable.

Friends , I just want to know , what we as younger generation should do to make sure to reduce % of condition 1 and increase that of condition 2.

Thanks in advance.

Renuka Dabas

Agree with you completely... Times have changed and the younger generation take no pain to make their elders comfortable (except their family members in some cases). This was in Indian culture to respect and treat elders in the same level as that of God.
But since these days the professional lives make people so busy as well as the influence of western or modern culture is so prominent that people have been diverting from the said to be Indian values.

As indicated in your post above, we would hardly find much people offering a seat to the elders in public places or public transports.

What we can do is, as these moral values start from the family itself.... try to inculcate these habits in the younger generations at home.. by demonstrating what is desired from them.

Ppl pls add your comments........

vinaysirohi
December 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
acha topic start kiya hai renuka. aap hospital ka keh rahe ho jahan koi seat reservation nahi hota patients ke liye.aap delhi se ho th aapko DTC BUS ke baare mein th pata hi hoga ki ek side ki seats ladies ke liye hoti hai aur wahan likha bhi hota hai ONLY FOR LADIES. lekin iss ke baad bhi agar koi gents baitha ho ladies seat pe aur koi lady aa jaye th wh besharmo ki tarah hi baitha rehta hai wahan pe.ye th apni apni soch hai ki koi kisi ko kis tarah se respect de sakta hai:rock

pawariya
December 22nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
acha topic start kiya hai renuka. aap hospital ka keh rahe ho jahan koi seat reservation nahi hota patients ke liye.aap delhi se ho th aapko DTC BUS ke baare mein th pata hi hoga ki ek side ki seats ladies ke liye hoti hai aur wahan likha bhi hota hai ONLY FOR LADIES. lekin iss ke baad bhi agar koi gents baitha ho ladies seat pe aur koi lady aa jaye th wh besharmo ki tarah hi baitha rehta hai wahan pe.ye th apni apni soch hai ki koi kisi ko kis tarah se respect de sakta hai:rock

achha bhai sirohi sahab kaun se route par travel karte ho aap??????? yaar dilli main to reserved seats par koi baitha bhi hota hai to use uthna padta hai............... if any lady commuter comes............

ajaysinghkundu
December 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
achha bhai sirohi sahab kaun se route par travel karte ho aap??????? yaar dilli main to reserved seats par koi baitha bhi hota hai to use uthna padta hai............... if any lady commuter comes............

Try the NAZAFGARH route......

pawariya
December 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
first of all try to improve or change your self, u'll find every thing to be changed. dusron ko sudharne ki baten karna bahut aasan hota hai lekin khud ko badalna thoda mushkil bt satisfactory n result oriented hota hai...................
dear jatlanders agar badlaw lana hai to better to start frm ourselves......

ajaysinghkundu
December 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
first of all try to improve or change your self, u'll find every thing to be changed. dusron ko sudharne ki baten karna bahut aasan hota hai lekin khud ko badalna thoda mushkil bt satisfactory n result oriented hota hai...................

Are you changing yourself or asking us to change??

pawariya
December 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Are you changing yourself or asking us to change??

hahahhaaaaaaaaaaa
na bhai main kisi ne na kehta badalne ki. main to khud ne dekhun hun ar improvement ki koshish karun hun..............

ajaysinghkundu
December 22nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaa
na bhai main kisi ne na kehta badalne ki. main to khud ne dekhun hun ar improvement ki koshish karun hun..............

Now this answer makes a sense..... We should all try for this!

pawariya
December 22nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Now this answer makes a sense..... We should all try for this!

bhai matlab to pehle bhi mera yahee tha bt koi na misunderstanding ho jati hai..........

rajkphogat
December 22nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
bhai matlab to pehle bhi mera yahee tha bt koi na misunderstanding ho jati hai..........

R bhai key khode padan lag re so

Renu when u see that old person standing their did u offer him seat?
& if u dont hav seat then u can ask someone to help him.

Bhai sirf khud badlan te kuch naa howe dusre ne bhi kahna padey bhot se aadmi tayyar baithe re se sirf ek start khatar.

Er rahi DTC busan ki baat Bhai aajkal ladies itni bhali kit rah ri se ek kisey aadmi ne baith jaan de lady seat pe, uski ghetti pe guthha nahi tek de we.

Ajay bhai tu kadey najf ki busaan me aaiye, balak aali er bhudhe (addmi ya aurat) ne seat jaroor mil ja se ladies nahi to gents pe bitha de se, tanne koye jeans aali khadi dekh li hogi.:rock:rock:rock

ajaysinghkundu
December 22nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
R bhai key khode padan lag re so

Renu when u see that old person standing their did u offer him seat?
& if u dont hav seat then u can ask someone to help him.

Bhai sirf khud badlan te kuch naa howe dusre ne bhi kahna padey bhot se aadmi tayyar baithe re se sirf ek start khatar.

Er rahi DTC busan ki baat Bhai aajkal ladies itni bhali kit rah ri se ek kisey aadmi ne baith jaan de lady seat pe, uski ghetti pe guthha nahi tek de we.

Ajay bhai tu kadey najf ki busaan me aaiye, balak aali er bhudhe (addmi ya aurat) ne seat jaroor mil ja se ladies nahi to gents pe bitha de se, tanne koye jeans aali khadi dekh li hogi.:rock:rock:rock

Dear Raj,

I also belong to the same area... though havent travelled much in buses for a last few years.
Pehle it used to b a problem but agar ab aisa nahi hota to..... its great!! And pls note ..... most of indiscipline is created by Biharis... as many Biharis have migrated to the western Delhi.

Hahahhaha ........ jeans aali ne to main e seat de deta.. na to kisse aur ne tha deta ( this is a joke ....... now dont start a new thread on this!!!)

rajkphogat
December 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Dear Raj,

I also belong to the same area... though havent travelled much in buses for a last few years.
Pehle it used to b a problem but agar ab aisa nahi hota to..... its great!! And pls note ..... most of indiscipline is created by Biharis... as many Biharis have migrated to the western Delhi.

Hahahhaha ........ jeans aali ne to main e seat de deta.. na to kisse aur ne tha deta ( this is a joke ....... now dont start a new thread on this!!!)

Bhai ajay it means u hav not travelled much in buses

Biharia ne te aaj bhi koye seat pe na baithenan deta, we k indicipline karenge.

er joke marna se to humor me jaa, Haadey serious baat karan dey samaj sudhar ki.

sidchhikara
December 22nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Dear Raj,

Bihariyan ne naa kharaab kar rakha discipline ... saara discipline local gaam aala ne kharab kar rakha sei.
Jawaan ladkon te ghana 40-60 saal aale middle age type ke gaam aala log sabte battammez aadmi ho sei - chahe woh jaat ho ya yadav,gujjar - woh apne aap ne chief minister samjhe sei.

To the original poster - what kind of answer are you expecting - if you can offer your seat ... go ahead and do it otherwise don't worry about it.
What do you mean by more comfortable .. was there some competition going on?
What kind of lame thread is this ... I am sorry but I had to say it.

sidchhikara
December 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hi Friends,

Also, the doctor needs to get buy more furniture and start an appoinment system ... so that people who are incapable of waiting can book an appointment in advance.
Konsa khairati doctor se yo?
Desi doctor bhikhari pane te upar nahi uthegaa .... kamata hoga laakhon rapiya.

ajaysinghkundu
December 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Bhai ajay it means u hav not travelled much in buses

Biharia ne te aaj bhi koye seat pe na baithenan deta, we k indicipline karenge.

er joke marna se to humor me jaa, Haadey serious baat karan dey samaj sudhar ki.

Sudhar le bhai samaaj...... no further posts from me on this subject..

brahmtewatia
December 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
ever been to a gov hospital ? the mad rush of population will make you forget all etiquette nd sanskaar's. try going to apolo or any other prestigious hospital. the situation is getting same over there nd in few years its going to worsen. all resources will finish, if this population does not come under control. more than the issue of etiquette/sanskaar, its the lack of resources or over-utilization of resources nd the fast life to which we are now being exposed. also as sid pointed, the docs nd the system needs to get professional now... 'appointments in advance'

apologies for digressing frm the subject, but i again see the same vicious circle going round nd round. less population... more education... with education comes etiquette nd sanskar. but hw will education come... it wont come, cos of politicians. pick up politicians - education - lack of resources - infrastructure - corruption - bla - bla bla - nd bla bla bla. make a flow diagram nd keep ghooming in tht same vicious circle.

as of me, i've never done tht in my life nd will never do tht in my remaining life. i'm also confident tht my next generation will follow on my footsteps. elders are elders... its a normal courtesy to offer a bit of help which surely you can.

RenukaDabas
December 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
Frnds thanks for your active participation, from Clinic's example , I wanted to site one of condition which might helped us know two side of same coin. And by elaborating examples of scenarios like DTC , sarkari hospital etc if we feel this thread is not useful to evaluate if we respect elders or not that means we believe, we/our younger generation are and will not be a contributor of any disrespect to our elders then I believe we are on right track.:)

karan
December 23rd, 2009, 01:58 AM
I have to agree with SidChhikkara no this one. This was indeed a lame topic of discussion.
Ms Renuka
How do you know other people (young ones) who were sitting were not sick or had some medical problem.
Secondly as Sid said, a desi doctor is always and still is a bottom feeder in most cases wherever he goes. I have no faith in them, never go to desi doctor, their skill level, professionalism is lacking in every aspect of medicine.
Let me ask you this, did this doctor even have a drinking water facility, any magazine to keep people busy and make them comfortable, did he, as Sid asked, has an appointment system or numbering system?

There is no need to make something a generational conflict when none exist.:rolleyes:

nitindev
December 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/audio-news-video/MNS-activists-beat-sadhus-for-their-remarks-against-Raj/Article2-489468.aspx

forget about the "holy" sadhu stuff, look at the age of those people...

bazardparveen
December 23rd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Renuka Dabas

Very good topic Renuka ji.....Through this example you are conveying the truth of modern India. On one side we are progressing.....opportunities are coming etc. but all these things are happening at cost of our morale values. Now people(not only youngsters but elders ) cares about their family. Basic etiquette are really weak. Now we can find in society case easily where children(specially after marriage) are not caring about their parents. These cases are found more in metro cities where people are educated. I feel it's the pace of life which is decreasing morale values in the society.

amans
December 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Some elders do not deserve respect.

rajkphogat
December 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Aman Bhai if elders are wrong then we would hav not been here

& if some are, then Tit 4 tat is not the good thing at their age

Renuka

One thing i forget

Tum doctor key pass kya ka karne gayi thi. Hope u r well.

dkumars
December 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Renuka Dabas

You are generalizing things based on very small data. But yeah, ppl have become more selfish and self centered which is the cause of such incidences. What u saw is nothing, one can see more disgraceful acts by todays generation. But still there is no dearth of good ppl who respect elders.

kapdal
December 24th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Re baalak ki jaan loge! Pehla thread start kiya hai bechaari ne. Yahaan to roz kaise bhi thread start hote hain. Kahin christmas ki shaadi ho rahi hai (marry christmas), kahin maut ke baad kya hoga (what happens after death) aur kahin marital status pe charcha. Ab tum isne bhaja doge, fir koi thread start hoga "lack of women participation at JL".

To each his own.

RenukaDabas
December 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Kapil,"Re baalak ki jaan loge! Pehla thread start kiya hai bechaari ne. "

First thing, I Really dont think you have any right to call me bechaari.... and secondly it is not abt lack of women participation at JL what matters is if we are really taking the discussion seriously... Every body has there view points and I belive in case any body wants to contibute anything , it should be abt topic not abt person....

kapdal
December 24th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Kapil,"Re baalak ki jaan loge! Pehla thread start kiya hai bechaari ne. "

First thing, I Really dont think you have any right to call me bechaari.... and secondly it is not abt lack of women participation at JL what matters is if we are really taking the discussion seriously... Every body has there view points and I belive in case any body wants to contibute anything , it should be abt topic not abt person....

It was meant in jest. Infact, I was actually arguing in favor of your right to start whatever thread you want. But, please accept my unconditional apology in any case.

JRBhincher
May 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
प्रिय रेणुका जी, हम सिर्फ आज की नई पीढ़ी को ही दोष नहीं दे सकते क्योंकि इस नई गेनेरातिओं बनाने वाले हम ही हैं. यदि शुरू से ही हम अपने बच्चों को सही शिक्षा देंगे तो ही हमारा आगे के लिए सम्मान किया जायेगा. इसमें सबसे पहले तो बच्चों की बुरी आदतों पर ध्यान रखना होगा और साथ में ही उनको अपने माँ बाप के अलावा दादा दादी, ताऊ ताई, चाचा चाची और परिवार व मोहल्ले के अन्य लोगों की इज्जत करना बच्चपन से ही सिखायेंगे तबी ही वो बड़े होकर हमारी व अन्य बुजर्गों की इज्जत करना सीखेंगे, मेरे भी चार बच्चे हैं और चरों ही educated हैं फिर भी आज तक मेरे सामने आने की हिम्मत नहीं करते हैं.

JRBhincher
May 29th, 2010, 05:51 PM
प्रिय रेणुका जी, हम सिर्फ आज की नई पीढ़ी को ही दोष नहीं दे सकते क्योंकि इस नई गेनेरातिओं बनाने वाले हम ही हैं. यदि शुरू से ही हम अपने बच्चों को सही शिक्षा देंगे तो ही हमारा आगे के लिए सम्मान किया जायेगा. इसमें सबसे पहले तो बच्चों की बुरी आदतों पर ध्यान रखना होगा और साथ में ही उनको अपने माँ बाप के अलावा दादा दादी, ताऊ ताई, चाचा चाची और परिवार व मोहल्ले के अन्य लोगों की इज्जत करना बच्चपन से ही सिखायेंगे तबी ही वो बड़े होकर हमारी व अन्य बुजर्गों की इज्जत करना सीखेंगे, मेरे भी चार बच्चे हैं और चरों ही educated हैं फिर भी आज तक मेरे सामने आने की हिम्मत नहीं करते हैं.

Fateh
July 2nd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Renuka, a wonderful, useful & very sensible toppic, I must say, such idea coming to your mind & your initiation of this post, has contributed a lot towards improvement. It is totally positive thinking & a good cause. But many our brothers may not like this thread, you may see very few participents & if at all some participation, more percentage will be negative.
a) Are all villagers bad/indisciplined or Battemmeez log? May I ask our respected mods & Administrators, is it correct expression on our forum, are such remarks permitted by you people, respected Bhartiji, another example of baised dealing, I am 100% sure, had this kind of remark from people from villages like me, you people wouldnot have tolrated the remarks (post 14)
b) Are all people staying in cities Bhagwan Ram & Laxman?
c) Why are we diverting attention from a very toppic by bringing in the point of standared of hospitals/docters & facilities provided by them? (post15 & 19)
d) Tewatiaji, I agree on population, lack of resources etc, but dear for such education, degrees are not required at all. The rquirement is of real education, sanskaras, devlopment of the character qualities/personality traits and these can be learned/taught in the house, society or at every step of lif, provided we are keen & best method of teaching is by self example. Brother, have you seen even a paragraph on morale education at any level in our education syllabus. I do agree that lot of physical development has taken place in the world but the development of the soul/individual character building/personality development has totally stopped. But more blame goes to elder generation, because it seems we have failed misurably. Earlier not in public transport but at public places not only elderly men/women but even young ladies were offered seats by even elderly men. Anyway Renuka, thanks for good toppic & good initiative for good cause. regards

ajayfrmrtk
July 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
very well effort.

hemanthooda
July 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
Courtesy & respect is surely not dead as on today......we must respect our elders....Kise bhai ne DTC bus ka example diya.... Aaj bhi gaon ke log apni seat chod de sai, bade budde , balak aali tai.....& i stay at Najafgarh .... seen it myself!!!!!

naayeladhanda
July 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM

well said !
One should strive to be the change one wants to see in others,same holds true when it comes to respecting our elders.
Every one of us should do our best to show respect to the elders which they are worthy of.We should play our part in preserving the values which are the cornerstones of our social fabric.

hemanthooda
July 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Let us remember we will also grow OLD!!!!!

RenukaDabas
July 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks Fatej Ji for liking my post,

With due respect to all Jatlanders' view on this topic. I would like to contribute to questions mentioned in your post:

Renuka, a wonderful, useful & very sensible toppic, I must say, such idea coming to your mind & your initiation of this post, has contributed a lot towards improvement. It is totally positive thinking & a good cause. But many our brothers may not like this thread, you may see very few participents & if at all some participation, more percentage will be negative.
a) Are all villagers bad/indisciplined or Battemmeez log? May I ask our respected mods & Administrators, is it correct expression on our forum, are such remarks permitted by you people, respected Bhartiji, another example of baised dealing, I am 100% sure, had this kind of remark from people from villages like me, you people wouldnot have tolrated the remarks (post 14).
I am too young to comment on this, with due respect to our elders , I feel discipline/tameez is not related to children born or brought up in city or villages , I believe it is responsibility of family as well as individual to learn and follow moral(family) values .I am saying here it is individual responsibly as well because even if family plays full attention to a kid to teach him/her all good values and when he/she grows up then with the influence of world outside family he/she may start doing something which we may not call as moral.
Regarding the remark at post 14, Inspite of the fact I am born and brought up in metropolitan city, even I don’t agree with this post. But I fully respect individual thoughts on this topic because everybody has their own perception of things.
b) Are all people staying in cities Bhagwan Ram & Laxman? :
I am not very sure if by this you are trying to say if my thoughts "that we should respect elders" means I am thinking about an Ideal world where all elders should be treated the same way as they were in the Era of Bhagwan Ram and Laxman. But I believe,irrespective of the centaury we are living in if we ,younger generation, expects respect from our next generation then , they should set the examples for next generations .Even if there is any difference in opinion on any situation , I am sure healthy discussion between different generations can a solution to a problem that is because of difference of opinion because of “generation gap”.
c) Why are we diverting attention from a very toppic by bringing in the point of standared of hospitals/docters & facilities provided by them? (post15 & 19)"
I think it is different members’ perception of the situation. Although the original topic that I wanted to bring was a bit different :)
d) Tewatiaji, I agree on population, lack of resources etc, but dear for such education, degrees are not required at all. The rquirement is of real education, sanskaras, devlopment of the character qualities/personality traits and these can be learned/taught in the house, society or at every step of lif, provided we are keen & best method of teaching is by self example. Brother, have you seen even a paragraph on morale education at any level in our education syllabus. I do agree that lot of physical development has taken place in the world but the development of the soul/individual character building/personality development has totally stopped. But more blame goes to elder generation, because it seems we have failed misurably. Earlier not in public transport but at public places not only elderly men/women but even young ladies were offered seats by even elderly men. Anyway Renuka, thanks for good toppic & good initiative for good cause.
Again I will say the same, although respecting elders by offering seat to needy is not 100% gone. And if we “younger generation” (be it male or female) is not offering seats to needy, be it elder people or females), then we should not expect the same from our next generation or even from same generation that they will offer seat to our near and dear ones (when they require the same).

Just to summarize all this, I would like to say, we “younger generation “ should demonstrate in action to our elders as we expect from out next generation J

Fateh
July 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks Fatej Ji for liking my post,

With due respect to all Jatlanders' view on this topic. I would like to contribute to questions mentioned in your post:

a) Are all villagers bad/indisciplined or Battemmeez log? May I ask our respected mods & Administrators, is it correct expression on our forum, are such remarks permitted by you people, respected Bhartiji, another example of baised dealing, I am 100% sure, had this kind of remark from people from villages like me, you people wouldnot have tolrated the remarks (post 14).
I am too young to comment on this, with due respect to our elders , I feel discipline/tameez is not related to children born or brought up in city or villages , I believe it is responsibility of family as well as individual to learn and follow moral(family) values .I am saying here it is individual responsibly as well because even if family plays full attention to a kid to teach him/her all good values and when he/she grows up then with the influence of world outside family he/she may start doing something which we may not call as moral.
Regarding the remark at post 14, Inspite of the fact I am born and brought up in metropolitan city, even I don’t agree with this post. But I fully respect individual thoughts on this topic because everybody has their own perception of things.
b) Are all people staying in cities Bhagwan Ram & Laxman? :
I am not very sure if by this you are trying to say if my thoughts "that we should respect elders" means I am thinking about an Ideal world where all elders should be treated the same way as they were in the Era of Bhagwan Ram and Laxman. But I believe,irrespective of the centaury we are living in if we ,younger generation, expects respect from our next generation then , they should set the examples for next generations .Even if there is any difference in opinion on any situation , I am sure healthy discussion between different generations can a solution to a problem that is because of difference of opinion because of “generation gap”.
c) Why are we diverting attention from a very toppic by bringing in the point of standared of hospitals/docters & facilities provided by them? (post15 & 19)"
I think it is different members’ perception of the situation. Although the original topic that I wanted to bring was a bit different :)
d) Tewatiaji, I agree on population, lack of resources etc, but dear for such education, degrees are not required at all. The rquirement is of real education, sanskaras, devlopment of the character qualities/personality traits and these can be learned/taught in the house, society or at every step of lif, provided we are keen & best method of teaching is by self example. Brother, have you seen even a paragraph on morale education at any level in our education syllabus. I do agree that lot of physical development has taken place in the world but the development of the soul/individual character building/personality development has totally stopped. But more blame goes to elder generation, because it seems we have failed misurably. Earlier not in public transport but at public places not only elderly men/women but even young ladies were offered seats by even elderly men. Anyway Renuka, thanks for good toppic & good initiative for good cause.
Again I will say the same, although respecting elders by offering seat to needy is not 100% gone. And if we “younger generation” (be it male or female) is not offering seats to needy, be it elder people or females), then we should not expect the same from our next generation or even from same generation that they will offer seat to our near and dear ones (when they require the same).

Just to summarize all this, I would like to say, we “younger generation “ should demonstrate in action to our elders as we expect from out next generation J

Renuka, you are really too young, simple @ you have not understood my point of view. ALL MY QUESTIONS WERE NOT FOR YOU TO ANSWER. How one can say that people from villages are Batameeze, even if we are born in cities our forfathers were from villages only, donot you think good or bad are found in villages as well as in cities, are all from towns/cities displined, do they all respect their parents, this I ment Ram & laxman. UNNECERILY YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR VALUABLE TIME IN ANSWERING MY POST IT WAS NIETHER REQUIRED FROM YOU NOR YOU UNDERSTOOD AND REPLIED WELL. pLEASE DONOT MIND MY REMARKS, THESE ARE MY VIEWS. REGARDS

narendersingh
October 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
We should respect our elders.
We are in waiting queue.
May god bless with good thought and vision

narendersingh
November 29th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Buzurgaun kaa rakho maan
Inkey ashirwaad sey banegee hamaree shaan
Sunn lo sab haan
Eik eik bol lakhaun manako kee khaan
Samajho paa gayaa bhagwaan
Taneek rakho eis par dhyaan

urmiladuhan
October 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Renuka Dabas

By remembering that : As you sow, so shall you reap. Your own children are learning from you how to treat elders.

बुढ़ापे की गडडी सबके बारने आनी सै.

Prikshit
October 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM
This is an often debated Issue whether or not we should offer help or say seats while commuting.
Well I would say offer help only to those who are in need. If someone elderly is capable and still you offer them help it is nothing but belittling them.
My perception is only help the needy otherwise just help yourself as you have no right to make others feel undermined.

urmiladuhan
October 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Prikshit;282174]it is nothing but belittling them.

Not belittling but being gracious. Small children also deserve to be offered seats.

Prikshit
October 18th, 2011, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Prikshit;282174]it is nothing but belittling them.

Not belittling but being gracious. Small children also deserve to be offered seats.

Sorry but I differ in this opinion, for me it is making them feel that they can't withstand that.

urmiladuhan
October 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;282198]

they can't withstand that.

that is what sometimes age does.

Prikshit
October 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Prikshit;282203]

that is what sometimes age does.

Ok taken Thanks!!.......I will give seat to you for sure if I ever get chance.

urmiladuhan
October 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;282205]

Ok taken Thanks!!.......I will give seat to you for sure if I ever get chance.

no thanks! you need it more than i do.

Fateh
October 21st, 2011, 04:56 AM
Let me ask a simple question, do we offer seat of respect to elders, ladies and small children in this big bus of jatland forum?
I think, instead of discussing others in the bus of others, let us discuss self in our own jatland bus

Prikshit
October 21st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Let me ask a simple question, do we offer seat of respect to elders, ladies and small children in this big bus of jatland forum?
I think, instead of discussing others in the bus of others, let us discuss self in our own jatland bus

Nicely put Mr. Fateh ji....We need not go far to discuss this as we may relate it here with the so called "Jatland Bus".
I percieve many out of us do respect elders, ladies and small children and some do not.

Conflict of ideas is a normal thing as we percieve same thing in a different manner. The point here is respecting others point of views and learning from it, it is the best respect one can give.

Fateh ji there is so much to learn from eminent people in JLand you are also one of them....I hope we all should understand to gain maximum out of this platform in terms of rationality.

Fateh
October 21st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Nicely put Mr. Fateh ji....We need not go far to discuss this as we may relate it here with the so called "Jatland Bus".
I percieve many out of us do respect elders, ladies and small children and some do not.

Conflict of ideas is a normal thing as we percieve same thing in a different manner. The point here is respecting others point of views and learning from it, it is the best respect one can give.

Fateh ji there is so much to learn from eminent people in JLand you are also one of them....I hope we all should understand to gain maximum out of this platform in terms of rationality.

Many thanks for your appreciation dear brother, I personally believe in your views and fully agree with you,

spkundu
October 30th, 2011, 10:14 PM
dosto..samaj ko dosh dena kafee asaan hai...do v really do what society accepts of us..and now no one teaches the social responsibility to GenX neither in home or schools..so lets us first look in rather out...

Prikshit
November 1st, 2011, 10:25 AM
dosto..samaj ko dosh dena kafee asaan hai...do v really do what society accepts of us..and now no one teaches the social responsibility to GenX neither in home or schools..so lets us first look in rather out...
I agree blaming others is the easiest thing one can do, but to get over it is rather difficult.
Where I don't agree is that no one teaches social responsibility these days, it is only partially true. See behavior towards others is same as others behave with you. It is very rare that people behave rude to those who gave them respect.
So it is purely to an individual's conduct how well he/she behaves with others.

urmiladuhan
November 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Prikshit;284372]QUOTE] I am sure those who touch the feet of their elders believe it is a form of showing respect.
However, the question is, if that is all they do for the elders and nothing else, is touching feet not a sham?

Prikshit
November 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Most of the time people do it for the sake of formality, that is bad. Otherwise it is a way to show your respect to elders. No harm in doing it.

urmiladuhan
November 2nd, 2011, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=Prikshit;284372]QUOTE] I am sure those who touch the feet of their elders believe it is a form of showing respect.
However, the question is, if that is all they do for the elders and nothing else, is touching feet not a sham?

I have seen some daughter in laws doing this (touching feet) of her father in law, mother in law - but when it comes to taking care of them, they are no where in the picture. Respect is seen in the action of a person, not in formalities.

Fateh
November 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;284590]

I have seen some daughter in laws doing this (touching feet) of her father in law, mother in law - but when it comes to taking care of them, they are no where in the picture. Respect is seen in the action of a person, not in formalities.

URMILAJI, now in these days most donot even touch feet of their elders, atlist such daughter- in- laws doing something positive also giving some positive example to younger people. ideally we must lookafter our parents in real sense from heart and by action.

urmiladuhan
November 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;284686]

URMILAJI, now in these days most donot even touch feet of their elders, atlist such daughter- in- laws doing something positive also giving some positive example to younger people. ideally we must lookafter our parents in real sense from heart and by action.

Fateh jee, I think such behavior (touching feet only but otherwise not caring at all for the parents/in laws) reflects badly on this tradition of feet touching - it comes across as a sham. Personally, I don't touch feet of the elders (I hug them instead), but I am there for them in their time of need and I give them my time otherwise too - chatting away with them, socializing with them etc.

Fateh
November 4th, 2011, 05:41 PM
urmilaji, I do not deny your point, one must lookafter in real sense, but I can tell you that one gets a great joy/satisfaction in respecting parents/elders by taching their feets, I do from my childhood even now with this old age I follow the practice with my elders, PARENTS IN REAL SENSE DONOT WANT MUCH BUT RECOGNITION/Puchh like Devta donot eat, they are hungry of Bhog.

riyaa
November 4th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Renuka Dabas

People those are not well visit doctor, And I dont think if are not fit you will give your seat to somebody Else..
Secondly respect is earned so its elders wish what they want..

riyaa
November 4th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Yaha sab aisa hi hai renu...yeh tou shurwaat hai...aagae aage dekho...yaha topic par kam aur personal wars jyada hai...so take care n try to avoid arguments..

JSRana
November 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
urmilaji, I do not deny your point, one must lookafter in real sense, but I can tell you that one gets a great joy/satisfaction in respecting parents/elders by taching their feets, I do from my childhood even now with this old age I follow the practice with my elders, PARENTS IN REAL SENSE DONOT WANT MUCH BUT RECOGNITION/Puchh like Devta donot eat, they are hungry of Bhog.

फ़तेह जी नमस्कार,

आपने बहूत ही उचित उद्धारण दिया है | और अगर आप इजाजत दें तो मैं यहाँ जोड़ना चाहूँगा की दिल से इज्जत करने के साथ साथ अगर उसे अपने आव भाव से परगट भी कर दें तो सोने पे सुहागा है |

Fateh
November 5th, 2011, 05:41 AM
फ़तेह जी नमस्कार,

आपने बहूत ही उचित उद्धारण दिया है | और अगर आप इजाजत दें तो मैं यहाँ जोड़ना चाहूँगा की दिल से इज्जत करने के साथ साथ अगर उसे अपने आव भाव से परगट भी कर दें तो सोने पे सुहागा है |

Brother, you are 100% right, regards