PDA

View Full Version : Irony of Primary Education System

bazardparveen
December 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Yesterday I was going through an article in Hindu. In NCR region schools are charging fee in lakhs for primary education(It's well known nothing new). Some of the stats from article are:

A school in Gurgaon charges 75000 Rs as admission fee, and annual composite fee of 170000 Rs. Along with this extra charges approx 40000 Rs transportation charges and 6500 Rs to 9500 Rs IT services fee.
A school in Noida charges 61000 + 26000 Rs fee per quarter.

While going through the article i found different views of different people. I would like to highlight some of them:

Delhi Education Minister: He is aware of all this. But department can only act if parents comes with complain. Most parents don't come forward.
I don't know when our Government system will stop making such accuses and become strong enough to tackle all this:confused::confused:.

Principle of one such School: We provide high class education and care to each student, and the amount we ask for that is no way disproportionate. If you need better education you need to pay.
I don't what quality they are providing at primary level that they need such a huge amount. Probably A.C. class rooms, swimming pool, Horse Riding etc. facilities need such a high amount. But these things are really imparting that quality which we require to build our nation develop. How many top Scientist, Technocrats and Bureaucrats are coming from such schools???:confused::confused:

Parents: Schools are giving receipt of much less amount as compare to they are paying. A school in Noida ask for 45700 Rs as admission fee and 11000 Rs as extra charges (quarterly fee). But they give receipt of 700 Rs only. Most of the schools are following same policy.
Parents Knows that wrong is happening with them still they don’t bother about all this. I feel they are very rich persons they doesn't care what is wrong?? What is right???:confused::confused:

http://beta.thehindu.com/education/article69193.ece
From the article, Everybody looks right as well as wrong. Everybody is making accuses nothing more than that.
On one side we are struggling to provide basic education to next generation (I feel everybody whats the condition of schools in villages) on another such things are happening.

It looks like a typical example of Indian system "SAB CHALTA HAI"
I would like to know your views on it.

sanjaymalik
December 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
the same things are happening in villages also, fees in private school is very high. But Education and medical are two such commidities for which now people are not comproming what ever they has to do for thier childred to impart with quality education are ready to do.

rajkphogat
December 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
bhai praveen

jib education ministry ke aant koni parents who suffer most, unke aant koni to fer discuss karan ka k fayda

Aajkal yo sab status symbol se mange school me jana, painting dancing seekhna, chotey-2 balkaan ka tution etc. eb ye sarkari afsar itni ghoos le se er business man itna 2 no. ka kamawe se usne kit lejaan wa kamai galan khatar bhi to jagah chiye ( middle class ka aadmi to issey schoola ke dhore te bhi na jaawe)

Balki hamne to en schoolan ka shukariya ada karna chaiye ek is bahane kali kamai bahar circulate to howe se nahi to indian currecy gal jagi padi-2 isya ke gharne.

choudharyneelam
December 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
In NCR region schools are charging fee in lakhs for primary education(It's well known nothing new). Some of the stats from article are:

A school in Gurgaon charges 75000 Rs as admission fee, and annual composite fee of 170000 Rs. Along with this extra charges approx 40000 Rs transportation charges and 6500 Rs to 9500 Rs IT services fee.
A school in Noida charges 61000 + 26000 Rs fee per quarter..............................

It looks like a typical example of Indian system "SAB CHALTA HAI"
I would like to know your views on it.

Very true....SAB CHALTA HAI....Indians are class apart in everything.

When people themselves are willing why to blame the institutions or any Education Minister. They are not approaching them personally at their home to pay such big/extra amount.

Talking about sports activities, institutions try to provide all the best opportunities to the students but that doesn't mean one should come-up with an olympic medal only if one is interested in that. If u like to compare this way then tell how many elders have won the noble prize as earlier they were only focussed towards simple education only.....completely drowned into their studies.

Regarding class-room amenities, even in the buses (AC facility, music system).....parents n students want that only.

All show-shaw game they like....and this is not in education sector only, everywhere u'll find.

bazardparveen
December 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Very true....SAB CHALTA HAI....Indians are class apart in everything.

When people themselves are willing why to blame the institutions or any Education Minister. They are not approaching them personally at their home to pay such big/extra amount.

Talking about sports activities, institutions try to provide all the best opportunities to the students but that doesn't mean one should come-up with an olympic medal only if one is interested in that. If u like to compare this way then tell how many elders have won the noble prize as earlier they were only focussed towards simple education only.....completely drowned into their studies.

Regarding class-room amenities, even in the buses (AC facility, music system).....parents n students want that only.

All show-shaw game they like....and this is not in education sector only, everywhere u'll find.

Here I am not blaming anybody. During all these happenings, What we are getting.....I feel nothing.....It's waste of money........I am sure that many minister's sons are also going in such schools............i don't to whom our education minister is saying to come forward.......If government become little bit strict these things can be stopped easily..............

Nothing will happen because "SAB PAISA WALO KA KHEL HAI"

anusha
December 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I guess parents do not have much say in this as there would be many who are neither willing to pay so much nor can they afford but due to competetion or situation of no choice they have to do so.They want their kids to be educated in good schools and so whatever they will charge,the parents will have to pay.Either a collective effort of all parents signifying a mass movement needs to be initiated that seems to be very unfeasible as there is always a social section that has a huge paying capacity.
The education minister however should intervene and check the fees these schools are charging.Taking into consideration the facilities provided,it should decide a genuine fee discouraging the unnecessary facilities that are simply for show or name boosting.Else such facilities can be provided by taking an extra charge from the students (who can afford it) keeping the tution fee nominal.

sunillathwal
January 4th, 2010, 06:04 AM
During all these happenings, What we are getting.....I feel nothing.....It's waste of money........I am sure that many minister's sons are also going in such schools............i don't to whom our education minister is saying to come forward.......If government become little bit strict these things can be stopped easily..............

Nothing will happen because "SAB PAISA WALO KA KHEL HAI"

Praveen, Lets take a simple example of a cup of coffee, u can get it for Rs. 5, cold coffee Rs 10/- @ India Coffee Board (earlier there was one in iisc campus); or u can get a small nestle coffee pouch, some boiled milk and stir it for sometime and u get a nice cuppa!! Or u go to Cafe Coffee Day with your gf... for more or less same coffee u have to pay over 100 Rs. outrageous... No?? 140 Rs for a coffee cup + some cream. But it is not the price of the coffee. It is for the brand-name, money they spent on advertisement, Location (Main roads, busy markets.. rent these shops pay is also outrageous), service that involves humans (unfailingly soft-spoken waitresses with a smile and 'sir').. You basically pay for these extravagances not for coffee!!

Schools are no different from these food outlet. They are there to earn money. They charge huge fee only because there are people who are willing to pay.
Gaam mein ja raha tha main, ek dost tai batlaan laag gaya.. nue padhai ki baat chaal padi.. Manne puchchha kunse school mein padhavega apne chhore ne.. usne ek school ka naam liya... manne nu pochchi ak usmein kyaan tai.. bolya: "Ek sab tai faltu fees le sain us school aale... "!!
Essence of the story is: More the fee charged, better is the school--- new mantra of the new-age parents and they want to provide best education to their sons/daughters!!
------------

I am not very sure but i believe there are many 'Rule and Regulations' for private schools regarding fee-structure etc. How effective are they .. thats the real question. Many reputed schools ask 'donations' in addition to regular admission fee and they don't even give any recipient for that. This is bribing... pure corruption. And what happens--- there are long queues of people who are more than happy to make these 'donations'. I don't know how much govt can do in such cases.

yudhvirmor
January 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't consider it an irony. It's a classic example of Demand and Supply. Our govt is not much worried about improving the standard of Primary Govt schools and all these govt schools are left out. On the other hand, Pvt schools provide best education and they made it a business. Only wrong thing they are doing is they are not paying the taxes.

In developed countries like UK and US, Pvt schools are very costly and only rich people can afford to send their wards to these schools. However, Public schools also provide very good education and majority of the population don't mind to send their kids to public schools.

Govt has to create tax structure for educational institutes and in a mean time they have to hire really good teachers for their govt schools to improve the standard of education there.

upendersingh
January 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM
What a great education

Link:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1815845,00.html

http://www.r2iclubforums.com/forums/f38/1-7-high-school-girls-get-pregnant-chicago-school-14586/

It's not primary though.