PDA

View Full Version : Kyoto Protocol ???

delhione
January 9th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I have gone through several websites and Environmental Jornals about this particular agreement, but i want to understand it from layman or common man's point of view... please provide inputs, whatever you know of the UNFCCC or Kyoto Protocol, even 'dont know' comments are also welcome, because i want to see how many people are aware, less aware, ignorant and oblivion to this particular environmental issue which is bound to affect the future generations....

Regards,
Yashpal.

sanjaymalik
January 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
i don't know, please elaborate this and explain so as other layman like me also be able to understand.

ranvijay
January 11th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Mr. Delhi, as a layman I can tell tat Kyoto Protocol is a mutual agreement entered into by various countries, including India with an aim to control harmful carbon emissions. As far as I think ( m not sure) it’s a sort of mandatory agreement and gradually all the countries will have to comply with it like India is also complying with.
Now what is it abt – Take an example – I hav set a plant in India which releases some harmful emissions named Y. As a standard, the number of Y which a plant like mine should emit must be less than 10000 per year, then in case my plant emits 8000 number of emissions then I will be eligible to sale my 2000 numbers to the plants etc (located worldwide) which must be producing emissions more than the permissible standards.
It is obligatory on part of industries producing more that the permitted levels of emission to purchase these certificates from the ones purchasing less. The aim is to provide benefit to the organizations which are polluting the atmosphere less and penalize the ones producing more.
U can also refer to the balance sheets of many Indian companies to find terms like ‘Sale of VERs (Verified Emission Reductions)’ etc.
This agreement is favorable for India as of now, because even after lots of pollution, we are far behind in carbon emissions as compared to the developed countries.

Khatkar
January 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Now what is it abt – Take an example – I hav set a plant in India which releases some harmful emissions named Y. As a standard, the number of Y which a plant like mine should emit must be less than 10000 per year, then in case my plant emits 8000 number of emissions then I will be eligible to sale my 2000 numbers to the plants etc (located worldwide) which must be producing emissions more than the permissible standards.
It is obligatory on part of industries producing more that the permitted levels of emission to purchase these certificates from the ones purchasing less. The aim is to provide benefit to the organizations which are polluting the atmosphere less and penalize the ones producing more.
U can also refer to the balance sheets of many Indian companies to find terms like ‘Sale of VERs (Verified Emission Reductions)’ etc.
This agreement is favorable for India as of now, because even after lots of pollution, we are far behind in carbon emissions as compared to the developed countries.

If I am right this is definition of "CARBON CREDIT".