PDA

View Full Version : What binds India

bls31
January 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM
The main binding force for the diverse country that is India:
Cricket, Bollywood Films and Army( ARMY, NAVY AND AIR FORCE)

bls31

Ojus
January 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Over-Modest nature of MARTIAL RACES esp of Hindu lineage.

yudhvirmor
January 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM

bls31

INDIA...

I think Pakistan, china, natural calamities like floods, earthquakes and external threats keep things together... When we see these challenges, people understand that we can only survive by standing together otherwise we'll fall.

chhillarneha
January 17th, 2010, 11:14 PM
''simple thinking'' is what binds us all together..!!
we CaRe..GeNuInE PPL..!! :)

VivekGathwala
January 18th, 2010, 03:19 AM
our roots .........from where we started our journey !!!

upendersingh
January 18th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Ancient glorious history, greatness of the country, earlier bad experiences of being scattered in different estates, and undoubtedly being surrounded by the hostile countries (in fact whole world is our enemy because of our greatness) are the factors which bind us, according to me.

vijay123
January 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM
1) Our enemies
2) Democracy
3) Hindu religion

bls31

akshaymalik84
January 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Self Safety and necessities forces people to Support each other.

sanjaymalik
January 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM
single citizenship, brotherhood among peoples, to understand each others pain and sorrow. togetherness during the time of war or naturally claimity etc etc.

rajkphogat
January 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Its Our Tricolour Flag, Love, respect, our history, our festivals & our habits.

karan
January 19th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Sir
Very apt topic of discussion. I was thinking about opening a thread on similar topic.

What binds India or what defines us all?

India is an idea that was formed into a nation that has been in time continium by Maharaj Bharat the illustrious son of Shakuntla and Dushyant. This idea that was formulated based on the essential principles of liberty, equality, justice, tolerance, humility, tenacity, valor and faith. These are the values that have shaped our history and that bind us together as a nation.
We were the beacon of civilzational values, where conflicts were solved by debate and discussion, our unflinching faith in live and let live, the belief that all humanity was sacred, we fought and sacrificed to protect the people who were persecuted otherwise in their own native countries, we accepted bold new ideas, we forsake the dogma and believed in karma. We believed in science more than rumours, half truths, we established traditions and values, we discovered that hetrogeneity gurantees the survival of humanity by prohibiting intra-clan marriage.
When Abrahamic (Muslims, Jews, Christians) faith was busy in slaughtering each other, we were pursuing the deeper meaning of life in pursuit of happiness. When these religions were busy fighting crusades and jihad, we were pioneering the frontiers of salvation. When Abrahamic faith was developing weapons that created killing fields our buddhist monks, sadhus developed discipline and martial arts for self preservation against hostile element unlike the others who are caught in omnipresent conflicts of their bruised egos, little self-esteem, delusional beliefs. When rest of the world was putting women behind burqas and veils we gave them equality and worshipped them as dieties. When Abrahamic pedophiles were preaching slavery to dogma, we established Gurukuls to develop future pioneers of our nation.

When christianity and islam were not even on horizon of existence our rishis and sadhus solved the perenenial problem in mathmatics--of how to simplify basic mathmatics, that is couting numbers in most simplified form that is today called decimal system and the invention of Zero. Long before when Greeks sat out in their quest of finding the end of earth, we established that earth is a mass that revolves around sun. When other civilizations were fighting over the superamacy of their messiah, we established the omnipotency of life sustaining power of earth, wind, fire.

For all her glory that has been, that is today, and will be tomorrow, the nation that gave me my identity, defines my individuality, for that I Karan Singh will always be indebted and take a bow to my beloved nation called 'Bharat'.
:):):)

Fateh
January 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM
There are many binding forces such as the word INDIA & INDIAN, history/ routes, calture, fear/enimies, defence forces, but certainly not hindu religion or any religion. the fact is most harmful thing to our unity is religion & contractors of religions. cricket do help but why only cricket, any sports or such activity where India competes with other nation, even an individual who achieves some good results at international level. My personal openian is that bollywood, creckit & religion are very harmful to our society.