PDA

View Full Version : Chaupal issue

satyeshwar
March 5th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Hi all,
Before everyone sends me a PM, I would just like to let you know that we are aware of the logout issues that people are facing with the Chaupal. I have temporarily turned it off until we fix the problem. I will apprise everyone at that time. Your patience is appreciated!
-Satyeshwar

satyeshwar
March 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
We are experimenting with a new chat software. Please try it and give your feedback!

VPannu
March 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
We are experimenting with a new chat software. Please try it and give your feedback!
Sorry Bagh, I found it really ठस :(

anilsangwan
March 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM

I also tried it.... though it is simple, but very slow and dull.... perhaps ठस is the right word!

akshaymalik84
March 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Recent events and features on Jatland are making this site boring and outplaced. Pannu Rightly said,"New Chaupal is really ठस." Was there any need for upgradation at first place? I think not.

vivekdh
March 9th, 2010, 12:12 PM
panne manne to maha ठस laggi :(

rana1
March 9th, 2010, 12:21 PM
ya new chupal is dead.........................try another .............

Samarkadian
March 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Nitin, Satyeshwar,

Donwgradation is the better option for the forum as there is no issue of data. Just for garnishing , it doesnt make it either a garnished product in appearance. It has alienated every sense of forum. Posting/replying is pain as the phrases keeps on brimming. Pannu is right in putting the right equvivalent of the expression SUCKS=ठस .

rakeshsehrawat
March 9th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I concur with all mahanubhavs above

ajit2009
March 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
bhai mhare hisab te , gitwade bhi kamal hai is chopad te...ude panch char lugai te kathi hoja hai gose pathan ke odde ,
bhai badal do isne kyun lahooo piwo sooooooooo ....koi sawad ali bat nahi ib
http://www.log24.com/log/pix09/090303-Footnote.jpg

sara sang bigadan lag re hai kasai

sitaram
March 18th, 2010, 10:06 AM
dear respected mods/adms.

chaupal me massage jaam ho ja hai or massage phir na aave.
ek hi baat baar likhnee padti hai or phir uske flash hone ka wait karna padta hai.
koi ilaaz na hai ke iska.
agar hai to ilaaz karo or agar ilaaz na hai to chaupal ko e band kar do.
na rahega bans or na bajegi bansuri.
regards,

vicky84
March 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM

Yes Pannu.. It sucks big time. Awful.

Samarkadian
March 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hi all,
Before everyone sends me a PM, I would just like to let you know that we are aware of the logout issues that people are facing with the Chaupal. I have temporarily turned it off until we fix the problem. I will apprise everyone at that time. Your patience is appreciated!
-Satyeshwar

नयी चौपाल में मेसेज ऐसे उलझ रहे हैं जैसे की टेप रेकॉर्डर के ख़राब हेड में केसेट की रील! ऐसा प्रतीत होता है की किसी ऐसे पागलखाने में हैं जिसमे आवाज़ (शब्द/अक्षर) भी नहीं गूंजती . सत्येश्वर , नितिन भाई कृपया पुरानी 3 .5 अथवा 3 . 8 V Bulletin वाली चौपाल डालने का कष्ट करे. आपकी बहुत घनी एवं बड़ी कृपा होगी !

ajaysinghkundu
March 20th, 2010, 03:05 PM
ye chaupal kam yahoo ka public chat room jyada lag rha hai........ pls har cheez ko naya karne ki zarurat nahi hoti... we are happy with the older version of chaupal..

VJ
March 21st, 2010, 09:45 AM
smiley भी कती कम कर दी......अर्र जो सै वे भी भुंडी-भुंडी सै......स्वाद आली कोना...... पहला घनी थी अर बढ़िया भी थी.....

दरकास्त :-
कृपया करके कुछ नयी देसी smileys को शामिल किया जाये
जैसे
जेली, गोसा, हुक्का, भैस, तसला, शीत, हरा साग, झोटा, बग्गी, मुड़ा, खाट, डोगा, बीडी, ट्रक्टर, तुड़ा, गोबर, सानी, लाठी, जुत्ती, मोगरा, खुम्बी, डला, काकर, गार

अर्र और कोई भाई अपने ओड ते कोई smiley बताना चावे ते बता दियो.....जितनी घनी smiley उतने घने स्वाद....

satyeshwar
March 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Folks,
The FlashChat (previous version that everyone is yearning for) was causing several issues. It's authors have not done a great job fixing bugs and several members were seeing issues where they couldn't see names and/or message of other people etc. Moreover, we were starting to have some serious problems where all members were being logged out after a few seconds. Therefore, we decided to switch to this new chat system called chatbox. This is a lightweight, and easy to use chat, even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the old one.

Now the question becomes, do we go back to that and continue to wrest with those issues or do we just use this one. There's very little that we can do if we start seeing such issues again. Your suggestions are valuable to us so please provide any input that you may have.

-Satyeshwar

sitaram
March 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
dear respected mods/adms.

chaupal me massage jaam ho ja hai or massage phir na aave.
ek hi baat baar likhnee padti hai or phir uske flash hone ka wait karna padta hai jo kabhi kabhi to 5 minute tak chalta hai. user yahaa se bhi auto log off ho jaate hai.
koi ilaaz na hai ke iska.
agar hai to ilaaz karo or agar ilaaz na hai to chaupal ko e band kar do.
na rahega bans or na bajegi bansuri.
regards,

Samarkadian
March 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Folks,
The FlashChat (previous version that everyone is yearning for) was causing several issues. It's authors have not done a great job fixing bugs and several members were seeing issues where they couldn't see names and/or message of other people etc. Moreover, we were starting to have some serious problems where all members were being logged out after a few seconds. Therefore, we decided to switch to this new chat system called chatbox. This is a lightweight, and easy to use chat, even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the old one.

Now the question becomes, do we go back to that and continue to wrest with those issues or do we just use this one. There's very little that we can do if we start seeing such issues again. Your suggestions are valuable to us so please provide any input that you may have.

-Satyeshwar

Satyeshwar, current one is usable and usefull? No it is not.

Previous one may have few issues but present one is the epitome of issues. It is not the bell and whistles but the ambience and comfort in the previous one which made us nostaligic . Had the present flashchat been easy/lightweight, I guess no one would have been writing in this thread. Kindly switch the flashchat to the previous one.

anilsangwan
March 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Agree with Samar...

Satyeshwar, current one is usable and usefull? No it is not.

Previous one may have few issues but present one is the epitome of issues. It is not the bell and whistles but the ambience and comfort in the previous one which made us nostaligic . Had the present flashchat been easy/lightweight, I guess no one would have been writing in this thread. Kindly switch the flashchat to the previous one.

akshaymalik84
March 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, Switch flash chat to previous version.

bharti
March 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yes, Switch flash chat to previous version.

Agree with Akshay.

singhabhimanyu
March 23rd, 2010, 12:19 AM
how 'light' are the hundreds of online games (the games arcade) on jatland?

This is a lightweight, and easy to use chat,
-Satyeshwar

vijay
March 24th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Satyeshwar/Nitin,

I agree with you when you say that "a change is constant" but the question arises is "at what extent ?" Do we NEED these upgrades or do we WANT them ?

Jatland mainly have three sections for sharing knowledge, discussions and interaction. The Wiki, Forums and the Chaupal. After these upgrades Wiki seems the same, Forums becomes more complex and highlight of the Jatland i.e. is Gone. So what we got ? Nothing except some additional features we never asked for.

Chaupal is the lifeline of Jatland since long and the main happening place of Jatland. I suppose that whenever any upgradation NEEDED admins should check the compatibility of the chaupal first. No, please don't think that i am obsessed with the only Vintage model of the Chaupal. If the older version/software of chaupal is not compatible with the current upgradation then why don't we change the chaupal (chatroom) with a better softwere instead of using this less than ordinary chatbox softwere. There are so many chatroom softwares available with better features than our older chaupal. Why don't we try to use them.

So, in my opinion either change to the older version of Chaupal or change it with a good chatroom software which at least covers all the features of the chaupal if not more than that. By features i hardly mean smilies and bells and all the stuff but its all about the talking in a common room with a facilitis to see who others are present there, private talks and if possible private rooms also.

I bet there are so many chatroom softwares and so many social and networking sites ( free) are using them effectively.

I am waiting for a good news from the Admins.

SALURAM
September 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
dear mods,
chaupal ke aandar hindi bhashha ko bhi shuru kiya jaye.