PDA

View Full Version : Hats of to Sachin Tendulkar

mohitmoradabad
March 23rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
He is really a GOD of cricket and I proud to be say that he belongs to our country.
What do you think so guys?
As he playing in this year in all format of cricket game, he is rocking the world.
I wish he maintain this consistencyfor the coming World Cup and win this World Cup for our nation.
Best of Luck “Sachin Tendulkar”!!!

rakeshsehrawat
March 23rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Sania Nehwal is among top 5 Badminton players of world
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thumb.cms?msid=5697936&width=300&resizemode=4 (javascript:showsld1();) [/URL]
[URL="javascript:javascript:showsld1();"]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/5579819.cms (javascript:void(0);)

Day in Pics: March 17 (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshowpics/5695313.cms)

NEW DELHI: Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal touched a new high on Thursday as she zoomed into the top-five of the world rankings at a career-best fifth spot following her stupendous show in the All England Badminton Championships earlier this month.

Saina, whose previous best on the chart was the sixth spot she attained last year, surprised one and all by becoming the first Indian woman to reach the semi-finals of the prestigious All England Super Series Championships.

Saina lost to Tine Rasmussen of the Netherlands in the semi-finals of the event.

Riding on her fantastic show, the Indian gained a couple of spots in the latest list with 58516.7646 points in her kitty.

Chinese shuttlers dominate the top half of the women's rankings with Yihan Wang leading the pack followed by Wang Lin, Xin Wang and Jiang Yanjiao respectively.

In the men's rankings, Chetan Anand dropped a rung to 10th but P Kashyap gained one spot to be 29th. Arvind Bhat remained static at 36th but Anup Sridhar slipped to 40th, a loss of one position.

In the mixed doubles rankings, Jwala Gutta and V Diju's pair slipped one spot to 10th in the latest list.

sunillathwal
March 23rd, 2010, 10:16 PM

It is Saina Nehwal, Rakesh!!

shailendra
March 24th, 2010, 01:43 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thumb.cms?msid=5697936&width=300&resizemode=4 (javascript:showsld1();) [/URL]
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/5579819.cms (javascript:void(0);)

Day in Pics: March 17 (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshowpics/5695313.cms)

NEW DELHI: Ace Indian shuttler [U]Saina Nehwal touched a new high on Thursday as she zoomed into the top-five of the world rankings at a career-best fifth spot following her stupendous show in the All England Badminton Championships earlier this month.

Saina, whose previous best on the chart was the sixth spot she attained last year, surprised one and all by becoming the first Indian woman to reach the semi-finals of the prestigious All England Super Series Championships.

...Oh, She is awesome! What a gem of a sporting talent! (Sorry Mohit, but couldn't help responding here about this pistol powerhouse of a sportswoman instead; the master blaster really probably needs no more coverage anyways!) ;)

----------------
ps. Rather the decidedly more important news article posted here reads as 'Saina' only... :confused:

sunillathwal
March 24th, 2010, 04:35 AM
ps. Rather the decidedly more important news article posted here reads as 'Saina' only... :confused:

.... and yet only time Rakesh wrote (NOT copy-pasted) her name as Sania not Saina!!
Anyways.

brahmtewatia
March 24th, 2010, 11:46 AM
you make 100 rights, i don't see...
you make one wrong, i'll hang you up.

........ brahm p. tewatia

shailendra
March 24th, 2010, 07:20 PM
you make 100 rights, i don't see...
you make one wrong, i'll hang you up.

........ brahm p. tewatia

Heh! Heh!... :D

shailendra
March 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM
More on Saina, from a TOI article not so long ago... It was actually quite a long one, but I have tried to include here for everyone's reading pleasure only the parts that had amusingly provided an insight (on a dedicated sportswoman and champion), when I had read it.... :)

...Enjoy!

There are over a dozen boys in 19-year-old Saina Nehwal's life. They all have a name, but she calls each of them 'Partner'. There's probably a good-natured backslap, a sweaty high-five, no, no male locker-room joke but yes, loads of bonhomie. Chances are, when the sweaty dozen retire to the privacy of their changing room, the joke between them would be which of the lot was addressed as 'Bhaiyya' by the smash-happy shuttler.
"I gained a lot by practising with boys," says Saina. "Thanks to them I never had the problem of sparring partners." You can almost hear the collective cringe in the boy's locker room at the Gachibowli complex outside Hyderabad.

Saina Nehwal is famously friendless, though not lonely. It is in stark contrast to her more-known more or less namesake, Sania, who hails from the same city and attracts more attention. Saina, it seems, makes the news for not making the news.

So, what do you write about someone who's a self-appointed Plain Jane?

For six days in a week, Saina's schedule does not change. The alarm goes off at 6.00 am. After downing a glass of milk, she goes off to sleep again. This time she slips into what is called yoga nidra (yogic sleep). The one-hour process, Saina says, is very important. It's in this one hour that she assesses her previous day's practice, thinks about the best and worst sessions and focuses on the day's practice ahead.

She hits the gym at 4.30 pm. Four days of weight training and two days of running on the treadmill for about 70 minutes.

Sunday is a day of rest.

The biggest sacrifice Saina thinks she has made in her pursuit of excellence is turning into a meat-eater . Born in a vegetarian family, it was a hard decision not just for Saina but for her parents as well. But they understood. After all, her scientist father Harvir Singh Nehwal is a former state-ranking badminton champ from Haryana and mother Usha Rani too has been a state-level shuttler.

"That's one sacrifice I had to make. I watched the Chinese and was convinced that if I have to beat them I should turn a non-vegetarian . They eat all kinds of food and I believe that's the reason why they are strong. Players need strength and the only way to get it is through eating meat. I eat a lot of chicken and I believe it has helped me to gain strength," says Saina, who has also given up junk food.

"I don't remember when I last had an ice cream. Most of what I eat is insipid, tasteless. The only part of my diet I like is the aloo parantha my mom makes," she adds.

Though badminton is everything for her there's one thing she's sure she will never attempt: the role of a coach. "I hate coaching. I can never imagine myself as a badminton coach. It's a tough job," she admits. She also says she doesn't know how to give back to the game that has given her so much. "I don't know, but I will remain indebted to this sport. It has given me everything in life."