PDA

View Full Version : Saina Nehwal Interview

rajoura
April 12th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Saina Nehwal Interviewed with NDTV.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=1218022

If govt spend money on Jat men and women. They will get them lots of medals in sports.

We all should be proud of her.

Thanks
Sanjeevn

cooljat
April 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM

Certainly !! If given proper training and spend money, Jat athletes can do wonders cuz' they all believe in only passion n' hard work.

We all are proud of Padamshree Saina .. way to go girl ..

Cheers!

dkumars
April 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
To add to Jit .... God has gifted them such physique also. Jat's enthu towards sports also gonna help getting many golds.

rakeshsehrawat
June 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM
साइना इंडियन ओपन क्वीन

http://images.indiainfo.com/web2images/www.bhaskar.com/2010/06/14/images/saina1.jpgचेन्नई. भारत की चोटी की स्टार साइना नेहवाल ने अपनी प्रतिष्ठा के अनुरूप खेलते हुए मलेशिया की म्यू चू वांग को तीन गेमों में हराकर इंडियन ओपन ग्रां पी बैडमिंटन चैंपियनशिप में महिला एकल खिताब जीत लिया।

साइना ने पहला गेम हारने के बाद जोरदार वापसी करते हुए खिताबी मुकाबला 55 मिनट में 20-22, 21-14, 21-12 से जीत लिया। भारत के लिए यह दोहरी खुशी वाला दिन रहा। मिश्रित युगल में टॉप सीड ज्वाला गुट्टा और दीयू वालियंती ने सिंगापुर के लेई याओ और चायूट त्रियाचराट की जोड़ी को 23-21, 20-22, 21-7 से हराकर खिताब जीता।

साइना ने म्यू को दिल्ली में एबीसी टूर्नामेंट में हराया था। पहले गेम में उन्होंने लड़खड़ाती शुरुआत की और अपनी प्रतिद्वंदी से पिछड़ गई। लेकिन साइना ने जोरदार वापसी करते हुए २क्-१८ की बढ़त बना ली मगर वह पहला गेम 20-22 से हार गई। साइना ने इस झटके से संभलते हुए अगले दोनों गेमों में अपना पूरा अनुभव झोंकते हुए आसान जीत हासिल कर ली।

hemanthooda
June 30th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Saina Nehwal not worried about ranking

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Sports/More-Sports/Badminton/Saina-Nehwal-not-worried-about-ranking/articleshow/6111273.cms

HYDERABAD: After notching up a hat-trick of international titles, Saina Nehwal is in no hurry to become the numero uno badminton player in the world and now wants to do well in forthcoming World Championships and Commonwealth Games in October.

"This year there is the World Championships, Commonwealth Games and also the Asian Games. So I will be working towards that. I did not expect to reach number three ranking, but have reached there and I am quite confident I can also reach number one position. But before that, it is important for me to play well in the World Championships and the Delhi Commonwealth Games," Saina said.

Saina, who pocketed the hat-trick of titles by defending the Indonesian Open Super Series trophy in Jakarta recently, also made it clear that she had never set deadlines for improvement in the world ranking.

"I did not keep a target to reach number three. I thought by this year end I may be at number four or five, but I have reached number three so fast. So, I can be number one or may go down also because I am not playing so many tournaments," she pointed out.

The 20-year-old, however, feels that there is enough space for further improvement.

"A player is never perfect. You have to work hard to keep on improving every time. I have to improve my defence, net, backhands and forehands. I should work on the areas where I am weak," she said.

"The coaches are finding something special. They will try to improve and tell me to learn something new. Right now, I am not thinking of what to do. The plan is to start (practice) from the next week.

"May be, they will tell me to improve my defence, which is a weak area. I am a good attacking player," she added.

Before winning in Jakarta, which was her third Super Series title overall, Saina had won the India Open Grand Prix at home and the Singapore Open Super Series tournament.

Saina stated that she does not believe in having foreign coaches and said, "I don't believe in all that. It is more self-belief. You have to believe in yourself."

Saina feels it was her hard-earned stamina which kept her going in the three back-to-back tournaments.

"It was important that I improve my stamina because 15 days are lot and you have to play one match every day. The key was to improve the stamina and also the strokes," she said.

"Indonesian Open was special because I was quite tired by then. It is special because I won it for the second time," she added.

However, she refused to buy the theory that absence of top Chinese players made her tasks easier in Jakarta.

"No, because all the upcoming players are playing really well and all of them gave tough fight. All of us were playing really well. Not only Chinese, all the international players are playing exceedingly well," Saina said.

"Expectations are always high. For me, it is important that I stay focused and work hard. What I am getting it is all because of my game. I have to keep that in mind and keep working every day," she added.

Saina also reminded the budding shuttlers that there was no shortcut to success.

"I just want to tell them to work hard and believe in yourself. All the players are playing well, I just want to wish them all the best and stay focused."

hemanthooda
July 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
I would love to be number one this year: Saina

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Sports/More-Sports/Badminton/I-would-love-to-be-number-one-this-year-Saina/articleshow/6114492.cms

hemanthooda
July 4th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Haryana offers police officer's job to Saina Nehwal

http://sify.com/news/haryana-offers-police-officer-s-job-to-saina-nehwal-news-national-khct4cjghdd.html

2010-07-02 19:30:00
The Haryana government Friday offered the job of a police officer to ace badminton player Saina Nehwal.

Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda made this offer in a letter to Saina. He said the state government wants her to join service as deputy superintendent of police (DSP).

Though Saina, ranked World No.3 in women's badminton, has lived and trained in Hyderabad, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, her family originally hails from Haryana.

Hooda said Haryana had been rewarding outstanding sportspersons, who made a mark at national and international levels, and had appointed them directly at the level of DSP.

'In view of this, the state government was offering her to join the state police force as DSP,' Hooda added.

Congratulating Saina for her exceptional success in international badminton events, Hooda said she had achieved a 'marvellous feat' by winning the third super series title in a row and becoming the first ever Indian to win a super series tournament.

hemanthooda
July 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Good encouragement to sports persons by haryana Govt!!!

rkumar
July 5th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Haryana offers police officer's job to Saina Nehwal

http://sify.com/news/haryana-offers-police-officer-s-job-to-saina-nehwal-news-national-khct4cjghdd.html

2010-07-02 19:30:00
The Haryana government Friday offered the job of a police officer to ace badminton player Saina Nehwal.

Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda made this offer in a letter to Saina. He said the state government wants her to join service as deputy superintendent of police (DSP).

Though Saina, ranked World No.3 in women's badminton, has lived and trained in Hyderabad, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, her family originally hails from Haryana.

Hooda said Haryana had been rewarding outstanding sportspersons, who made a mark at national and international levels, and had appointed them directly at the level of DSP.

'In view of this, the state government was offering her to join the state police force as DSP,' Hooda added.

Congratulating Saina for her exceptional success in international badminton events, Hooda said she had achieved a 'marvellous feat' by winning the third super series title in a row and becoming the first ever Indian to win a super series tournament.

Saina Nehwal and becoming DSP do not go together. First of all Saina will never accept the offer of becoming a DSP, however, if she does, she will be downgrading herself. National hero like Saina Nehwal,s worth is much more. If people like Hema Malini can be nominated to Rajya Sabha, why not Nehwal at some time in future? Why can't Saina be made something which will showcase her as symbol of young India? What Saina will contribute as a DSP who has to act on political orders most of the time? Will Saina ever become Inspector General of Police of Haryana under present system where IPS rule the system?

RK^2

hemanthooda
July 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Saina Nehwal and becoming DSP do not go together. First of all Saina will never accept the offer of becoming a DSP, however, if she does, she will be downgrading herself. National hero like Saina Nehwal,s worth is much more. If people like Hema Malini can be nominated to Rajya Sabha, why not Nehwal at some time in future? Why can't Saina be made something which will showcase her as symbol of young India? What Saina will contribute as a DSP who has to act on political orders most of the time? Will Saina ever become Inspector General of Police of Haryana under present system where IPS rule the system?

RK^2

Yes I agree with you RK sir but something is better than nothing!!!! :)

rkumar
July 20th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Yes I agree with you RK sir but something is better than nothing!!!! :)

I don't think Saina is that helpless that she needs this "Something".. She is far more well known an Indian star than 90% of our politicians and 100% of our police officers.

RK^2

hemanthooda
July 20th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I don't think Saina is that helpless that she needs this "Something".. She is far more well known an Indian star than 90% of our politicians and 100% of our police officers.

RK^2

I agree with you but what is the problem in taking an initiative???

ravinderjeet
July 21st, 2010, 11:43 AM
DSP ki post pahaley bhi saina ko offer ki gai thi ,par saina ne koi respons nhi diyaa.aur media waale kabhi nahi likhate ki wo jatni hey,wo usko hedraabadi girl bataatey hein.kabhi bhi koi achhaa aur naami kaam karne waale ko nahi likhate ki wo jat hey ,par agar kissi ne thodaa saa bhi galat kaam kar diyaa toh sabse pahale boltey hein ki wo jat hey.

yuvi
July 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Saina has made us and our country proud...

singhvp
July 21st, 2010, 06:47 PM
I agree with you but what is the problem in taking an initiative???

Hemant, she will be earning crores in commercial endorsements and ramp walks like other sportsperson very soon. That would be more profitable than being a DSP or a politician.

hemanthooda
July 21st, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hemant, she will be earning crores in commercial endorsements and ramp walks like other sportsperson very soon. That would be more profitable than being a DSP or a politician.

VP sir i agree with you but i dont find any problem with haryana govt offering her DSP post.At least govt is taking some initiative!!!!Of course it is her decision to accept it or reject it.

singhvp
July 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
VP sir i agree with you but i dont find any problem with haryana govt offering her DSP post.At least govt is taking some initiative!!!!Of course it is her decision to accept it or reject it.

Hemant, I agree with you that it was a good gesture on the part of Haryana Govt. but I do not think it was befitting her growing stature in the sports world. I think government should groom the budding sports persons rather than alluring/gifting those who have already acquired an iconic status; are much sought after by the commercial groups for promoting their business; and do not depend on government's largesse. There is lot of potential in villages which need to be exploited by providing adequate facilities in schools from grass root level. Unfortunately, adequate attention has not been paid by the successive governments in Haryana in this direction, insofar as villages are concerned.

hemanthooda
July 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Hemant, I agree with you that it was a good gesture on the part of Haryana Govt. but I do not think it was befitting her growing stature in the sports world. I think government should groom the budding sports persons rather than alluring/gifting those who have already acquired an iconic status; are much sought after by the commercial groups for promoting their business; and do not depend on government's largesse. There is lot of potential in villages which need to be exploited by providing adequate facilities in schools from grass root level. Unfortunately, adequate attention has not been paid by the successive governments in Haryana in this direction, insofar as villages are concerned.

VP sir quantum of gesture is definitely debatable.But all i was trying to suggest was that at least some gesture came from govt.I agree with you that govt should do more to encourage sports.

She should be made brand ambassador of haryana!!! Cheers!!!

rajpaldular
July 22nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
We must proud of her. Great.

hemanthooda
July 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Saina has been Chosen for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/badminton/Saina-Nehwal-to-get-Rajiv-Gandhi-Khel-Ratna-Award/articleshow/6236719.cms

Congrats to her!!!!

Saharan1628
November 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM
We all are proud of Nehwal...she is a gem of a jat girl...BUT IS SHE REALLY PROUD TO BE A JAT GIRL..or being a jat doesn't matter to her?? I Have never heard her mentioning her jat proudness