PDA

View Full Version : In love with india after leaving india

urvashipawar
April 22nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
HI THERE!!!!!!
I am new to jaatland but a hard core jaat who thinks we r originals:o
I want to share true story of Indians coming abroad lets say Australia for example.Came here thinking that no matter they could not succeed in India but they will when they come abroad.keep their first step on a foreign land thinking they have made people proud in India that they are to earn name fame and money here.Start from very first step they have to prove they are good enough to be with 'goras' and knows their job well.Many Indians have made their mark in world as thinkers but any ways we still go on proving ourselves.We take every hardship as a step to grow.
STAYING ABROAD WAS LIKE TORTURE AT TIMES
BUT GOING BACK MEANT FAILURE
and we hang on to it........
thats d way we INDIANS are

vijay123
April 22nd, 2010, 10:03 PM

Why going back is failure? Some can consider going abroad as failure too; failed in INDIA and went abroad... I dont think anyone bother where are you whether in India or abroad. You should do what you like to do or where you like to live. Don't go through torture, come back and enjoy in India if that's what you want. There is no failure in that. You have so many people who did that: Gandhiji, Sonia, Rajiv, Ajit Singh, Deepender Hooda, Lalit Modi, the list is endless. I know so many people who came abroad and went back and no one thinks they are failure.

usingh
April 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Hi, If some one has to be successful, he has to leave his Janam Bhoomi. If you see the history, successful people has there Karam bhoomi away from Janam bhoomi. May be it is in India or abroad. " No gain with out pain" So staying abroad is not a torture. You are competing against multinationals and to prove yrself, u have to do better than others which u will enjoy once u start getting favorable result. Believe it that we are much much better than GORAS. Further one may remember that not all efforts give result but no result with out efforts. After becoming successful, if u go back, it is not failure but more experienced, delighted, self confident, satisfied and enjoyed the life in better ways. thanks

akshaymalik84
April 22nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
What is Success?

deependra
April 22nd, 2010, 10:30 PM
I think this totally depends on personal choice that where we live. Sometimes there are constraints due to career aspirations. But this is not an embarassing task to return to India. As Vijay said that many famous ppl went outside of country to pursue their dreams and came back. But being in India, feels like at home.

annch
April 22nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Welcome to Jatland!!! And should I say- Welcome to JAATLAND, as you, being a hardcore JAAT, have so originally put in.....:)......As per your post- that's the way "Indians" are. And how are the "JAATS"?
Does this story hold true for you as well? So, you never pushed yourself to succeed in India, but are doing so in Australia? You did not take those steps to grow in India??

HI THERE!!!!!!
I want to share true story of Indians coming abroad lets say Australia for example.Came here thinking that no matter they could not succeed in India but they will when they come abroad.keep their first step on a foreign land thinking they have made people proud in India that they are to earn name fame and money here.Start from very first step they have to prove they are good enough to be with 'goras' and knows their job well.Many Indians have made their mark in world as thinkers but any ways we still go on proving ourselves.We take every hardship as a step to grow.

devprithvi26
April 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Welcome to Jatland!!! And should I say- Welcome to JAATLAND, as you, being a hardcore JAAT, have so originally put in.....:)......As per your post- that's the way "Indians" are. And how are the "JAATS"?
Does this story hold true for you as well? So, you never pushed yourself to succeed in India, but are doing so in Australia? You did not take those steps to grow in India??

Whether be India or abroad, the basic DNA to strive for success and deliver quality will always ensure success.
Some friend has asked "what is success". I may try to explain this in context of career. For someone born with a silver spoon, career may be not to join some job and earn salary but may be to start a new company and earn more than what he/she already has. Similarly, for a person with less capital with his parents, excelling in job may be a good career. The career for people from different backgrounds depending upon their education, family culture, community culture, personal inclination towards a particular goal etc. may be different. Therefore, we may conclude that success is supposed to be there when such people acheive what they expect from their respective careers. Failure for them may be when they land-up somewhere against their expectations.
Anyways, i don't feel that people who really care for us would ever consider us failures if they know that we religiously put 100% efforts and our dedication was focused towards our career. Otherwise, in this world of more than 6 billion humans there would be equal number of perceptions of success and it would be really difficult to rise the bar every time trying to meet the expectations of others.

annch
April 23rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Devender ji, a very apt reply to the original post.

I completely agree with you, and just wanted Urvashi ji to answer those questions for herself, which you elaborated well enough to make sense to most now...:)

Whether be India or abroad, the basic DNA to strive for success and deliver quality will always ensure success.
Some friend has asked "what is success". I may try to explain this in context of career. For someone born with a silver spoon, career may be not to join some job and earn salary but may be to start a new company and earn more than what he/she already has. Similarly, for a person with less capital with his parents, excelling in job may be a good career. The career for people from different backgrounds depending upon their education, family culture, community culture, personal inclination towards a particular goal etc. may be different. Therefore, we may conclude that success is supposed to be there when such people acheive what they expect from their respective careers. Failure for them may be when they land-up somewhere against their expectations.
Anyways, i don't feel that people who really care for us would ever consider us failures if they know that we religiously put 100% efforts and our dedication was focused towards our career. Otherwise, in this world of more than 6 billion humans there would be equal number of perceptions of success and it would be really difficult to rise the bar every time trying to meet the expectations of others.

urvashipawar
April 23rd, 2010, 07:34 AM
I know all these great people came back but dont you think we have good colleges in india and when they doubt your qualification and gives you a feeling that 'i dont think you know it as being an indian'.Then at that point your blood rush to prove that indians know far more than anyone else.I have seen goras saying no to a problem and indian solving it with our so called 'jugad'.To stay back prove your point becomes like a fight.

urvashipawar
April 23rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
ya guys you were a great help coz this is my story and u all have been a great help!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not learned to quit so cant go back but i will prove my point someday.....

vijay
April 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
A person from a villege goes to a big city to achieve something and comes back without any achievement. Is it not a failure ? Same applies when we landed up in abroad to achieve something and comes back empty handed. It's a failure by all means.

All depends on how you take it. If you go there for study or job and you complete that successafully then you are certainly not a failure. On the other hand, If you don't achieve what you were looking for or you were supposed to do then anybody would call it a failure. Staying there and trying to prove your worth is not an abnormal thing but infact is the right way to proceed.

However, life doesn't stops with a failure and if we take it in construtive way then every failure can open some new ways to success.

vijay123
April 23rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Whether we accept or not, goras are far far knowledgable than us. Just look at all the inventions and technological advances going around and you will realize the truth. I am not educated abroad but what I see is that their education system is more practical and oriented towards innovation rather than theoretical education like ours. If Indians would have known far more than others than we would have been a developed country. We would have found solutions for poverty, and population. We can;t even make a fighter jet, an aircraft carrier, or a submarine which these goras created 70 years back than how can we claim that we do know more than these goras. i agree with you on Jugaad though, we are very good jugaadus.

I know all these great people came back but dont you think we have good colleges in india and when they doubt your qualification and gives you a feeling that 'i dont think you know it as being an indian'.Then at that point your blood rush to prove that indians know far more than anyone else.I have seen goras saying no to a problem and indian solving it with our so called 'jugad'.To stay back prove your point becomes like a fight.

georgian
April 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
I agree the Education system in first world countries is more of a hands on approach. There have been great indian scientists and inventors, no doubts, but if we look at the percentages in terms of the population, we get the answer without a word.

Take Olympics for example, One individual medal makes a sportsman a hero. Here is Australia, they collect them by dozens and never boast a word. Compare the populations - 22.3 million or 2.5 crore on the rough estimate compared to 150 crore in India. India is ranked # 115 India (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/in-india/spo-sports):0.148 medals per 10 million people

Compared to # 1 Finland (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/fi-finland/spo-sports):566.724 medals per 10 million people
Now do not say thats not a fair comparision.
Coming abraod is our choice and need to the time, global economy and expanding borders, easier visa options and so on. So no matter where we jats are, we will find a way to live gracefully.

Samarkadian
April 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
HI THERE!!!!!!

HI Here!!

In Greenland, there is only ice though name suggests otherwise.

Where is [ are ] the stories?

kapdal
April 27th, 2010, 06:34 AM

Didn't quite get it. I don't know about all the good colleges of West. I won't be able to tell a good Western college from a mediocre one as I was educated in India. And it is natural for any person, Indian or non-Indian, to doubt a qualification they don't know about. You need a few people from an Indian college to enter an organization and soon the doors are wide open for students from that college as now the organization is aware of the "Indian qualification". The organization can then even go to India to pick students directly from the source.

kapdal
April 27th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Whether we accept or not, goras are far far knowledgable than us. Just look at all the inventions and technological advances going around and you will realize the truth. I am not educated abroad but what I see is that their education system is more practical and oriented towards innovation rather than theoretical education like ours. If Indians would have known far more than others than we would have been a developed country. We would have found solutions for poverty, and population. We can;t even make a fighter jet, an aircraft carrier, or a submarine which these goras created 70 years back than how can we claim that we do know more than these goras. i agree with you on Jugaad though, we are very good jugaadus.

I agree that the Indian education system is oriented more towards rote learning than towards developing innovations. However, it is not a problem of "human talent". There are countless examples of Indians educated till Undergrad/Postgrad level in India who migrated abroad and were very successful in developing innovations there. The failure is at the institutional level. The system is very good in picking talent. There is a lot of supply and very fine filters that can pick out talent equal to anywhere else in the world if not better. But the system is not equipped to use that talent. The talent doesn't get the generous funding, the high-tech labs and the license to go all-out that it'd get abroad. Frustrated by the lethargy of the system, the talent moves out to a place where it is used appropriately.

upendersingh
April 27th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Whether we accept or not, goras are far far knowledgable than us. Just look at all the inventions and technological advances going around and you will realize the truth. I am not educated abroad but what I see is that their education system is more practical and oriented towards innovation rather than theoretical education like ours. If Indians would have known far more than others than we would have been a developed country.

Whether you accept or not, this world believes that if west is good in so called education then India is hub of spiritual education of the world. In recently concluded Kumbh mela there were thousands of foreigner ascetics, some of them were highly educated and in your words highly successful. Even Albert Einstein had said that the world should be thankful to India which gave the world 'Zero'. I don't know you know or not but once I had seen it in news that there are about 25% people in USA who believe in Hinduism. Talking about the terms developed/developing/undeveloped is useless as the result of human being's life is same all over the globe. Yeah goras have clean cities, good civil facilities etc. but they don't have peace of mind, self-satisfaction etc. like things and to get these, they look hopefully towards India and generally India don't disappoint them.

We would have found solutions for poverty, and population. We can;t even make a fighter jet, an aircraft carrier, or a submarine which these goras created 70 years back than how can we claim that we do know more than these goras. i agree with you on Jugaad though, we are very good jugaadus.

You are worried about the poverty and population of India and Indians live their life happily in poverty feeling secure because of their vast population as well. Goras have invented fighter jet, aircraft carrier, or a submarine 70 years back, but they still have not produced a god for themselves. They are just slaves to the Jesus Christ, who was born in Israel. We Indians know more than these goras, because we have produced a number of gods (including Lord Krishna who is very popular in UK and USA). There are a lot of inventors in this world but guys like Lord Shiva, Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Lord Buddha are very few, so we can say that we know more than goras. If these guys are imaginary figures, then why the West and USA have not produced such imaginary figures on their soil so far. These goras have made this world a dangerous place to live. They have done another very good invention and that is AIDS.
Regards

vijay123
April 28th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Bhai uppu, maine aapki sari baat accept kar li...

East ya West India is the best

Whether you accept or not, this world believes that if west is good in so called education then India is hub of spiritual education of the world.

upendersingh
April 28th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Bhai uppu, maine aapki sari baat accept kar li...

East ya West India is the best

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/c/8/f/8/11949865511933397169thumbs_up_nathan_eady_01.svg.m ed.png

vijay123
April 28th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Bhai yaa baat samajh mei naa aaye, AIDS to rhesus monkeys se aaya tha batave Africa mei.

They have done another very good invention and that is AIDS.
Regards

vicky84
April 28th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I agree that the Indian education system is oriented more towards rote learning than towards developing innovations. However, it is not a problem of "human talent". There are countless examples of Indians educated till Undergrad/Postgrad level in India who migrated abroad and were very successful in developing innovations there. The failure is at the institutional level. The system is very good in picking talent. There is a lot of supply and very fine filters that can pick out talent equal to anywhere else in the world if not better. But the system is not equipped to use that talent. The talent doesn't get the generous funding, the high-tech labs and the license to go all-out that it'd get abroad. Frustrated by the lethargy of the system, the talent moves out to a place where it is used appropriately.

Spot on Kapil..

vicky84
April 28th, 2010, 06:32 AM
[B][COLOR=darkgreen]Whether you accept or not, this world believes that if west is good in so called education then India is hub of spiritual education of the world.

India is a hub of best talent in the world which is being used by the developed countries. India has never been able to retain and use that talent.

singhvp
April 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM
We, however, cannot proclaim to have best brain in the world, we have a great potential. We cannot undermine the marvelous scientific inventions made by some western scientists. Even the Chinese are not behind us as far as mathematical studies are concerned. But, the great potential available in our country is not being tapped properly by our governments due to lack of resources, population pressure, mismanagement and corruption. It is not that the students having graduated from our educational institutions do not get recognition abroad. The breed prepared by some of the premier institutions like IIT, IIM, NITs is much in demand abroad and majority of students get on campus placement. Once selected, they prove their mettle and calibre. Indian professionals are spread in almost every country and have brought a good name and fame to the country, apart from contributing to country's foreign exchange reserves. We should be proud of them.

upendersingh
April 28th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Bhai yaa baat samajh mei naa aaye, AIDS to rhesus monkeys se aaya tha batave Africa mei.

ये अंग्रेज बहुत मक्कार होते हैं. रेडियो का आविष्कार जगदीश चंद्र बोस ने किया, उसे अंग्रेजों ने अपने नाम कर लिया, क्योंकि वो बढ़िया आविष्कार था, लेकिन क्योंकि एड्स बेकार आविष्कार था, इसलिए वो अफ्रीका के बंदरों के नाम कर दिया. दुनिया में तो यही माना जाता है कि ये लाइलाज रोग अंग्रेजों से आया है. अब सच्चाई जो भी हो. भारत के नीम, हल्दी, योग और पता नहीं क्या-क्या चीजों को अमेरिकियों द्वारा पेटेंट कराने का मामला कुछ समय पहले काफी सुर्ख़ियों में रहा था. गोरों पे ज्यादा भरोसा करना ठीक नहीं है.

rajivsp
May 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM
What is Success?e
Ya real question is WHAT IS SUCCESS. In 1992-95 it was success to go abroad and I left my country
but now I realize NO I was wrong so Back to India. AND NOW IAM MUCH HAPPIER. isn't it success??????????????????

urvashipawar
May 4th, 2010, 08:03 AM
e
Ya real question is WHAT IS SUCCESS. In 1992-95 it was success to go abroad and I left my country
but now I realize NO I was wrong so Back to India. AND NOW IAM MUCH HAPPIER. isn't it success??????????????????

is success indeed....

raksngh
May 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
ya guys you were a great help coz this is my story and u all have been a great help!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not learned to quit so cant go back but i will prove my point someday.....

Urvashiji & dear friends,
Even I want India to be great, but the ground reality is totally different. We always want to criticise the foreigners, but never want to see the drawbacks of ours.
But you see where the other countries stand & where we are just fighting among ourselves. See our currancy, see our roads, see water & light problems in India...everywhere we have problem..no solution.

We need to do something...what? even i don't know

dkumars
May 5th, 2010, 02:29 PM
ये अंग्रेज बहुत मक्कार होते हैं. रेडियो का आविष्कार जगदीश चंद्र बोस ने किया, उसे अंग्रेजों ने अपने नाम कर लिया, क्योंकि वो बढ़िया आविष्कार था, लेकिन क्योंकि एड्स बेकार आविष्कार था, इसलिए वो अफ्रीका के बंदरों के नाम कर दिया. दुनिया में तो यही माना जाता है कि ये लाइलाज रोग अंग्रेजों से आया है. अब सच्चाई जो भी हो. भारत के नीम, हल्दी, योग और पता नहीं क्या-क्या चीजों को अमेरिकियों द्वारा पेटेंट कराने का मामला कुछ समय पहले काफी सुर्ख़ियों में रहा था. गोरों पे ज्यादा भरोसा करना ठीक नहीं है.

Baat te teri sahi hai par ek baar Swadesh movie dekh le ... aur haan uss panchayat arr light jaane waale drashya ko gaur se dekhna ... seekhne ki cheez hai usmein :)

dkumars
May 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/c/8/f/8/11949865511933397169thumbs_up_nathan_eady_01.svg.m ed.png

Yo ke guthachaap ka photu chep diya ?
guthaa te aacha hai par baak haath ke baal maar ri hai

rajivsp
May 5th, 2010, 02:40 PM
is success indeed....
Real question is still there my dear sis what is success indeed
Now I am in Meerut even not in Meerut but in Rakshapuram which
is Amaida, so I refer Mirza Ghalib He was not Successful ???????although
he had over 50000 debt -( if we compare its over 100 crores today )-
he used to come here (meerut from delhi) to buy english wine.
Meera bai, surdas , raidas etc etc. Or you think Bahinji is more KAMYAAB.