PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Goal

dkumars
April 23rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
When we go for some job/admissions interview most of times we are asked what are your short and long term goals? Well, many of us sometimes bluff some answer just to please the interviewers but how many of us really have a long term goal? I mean something which someone’s signature says “Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep”. Do you have something for which you are and you will strive till you won’t achieve it: be it some social service or some materialistic thing or career related?

Share here, what do you want to do or see yourself achieving that ultimate goal before death?

dkumars
April 23rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Frnds some views/points to share here???

JKundu
April 24th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Big things comes in one's way own their own , one can't think them beforehand.

No big personality ever knew what they going to achieve.....starting from
Sepoy Hitler -----2----- Barrister Gandhi

chhillarneha
April 24th, 2010, 12:38 PM
i have one thing in mind..which i want to do at the age of 60 maybe..opening up an Orphanage.!!
i just hope that i make it.!

narendra81
April 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM
there is nothing like ultimate goal....
make a goal and try to achieve it... the moment u achieved ur goal, make a new one....
and the process goes on n on n on... :)

I had a lot of goals that looked like tooooo dificult (at some point of time) to achieve and I felt like it will be a dream come true if I could achieve them...
once they were achieved, it was a gr8 satisfaction for some time but after that the journey towards next goal started very soon... :)

so more than a destination, itz a journey.....

Note: Just my perception.

urvashipawar
April 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM
We are born in India and somethings are forced on us by society,every relative who visits us when we were wating for our class 12th results will ask us what do you want to do in life as if we have a ready plan till our retirment.And most of us makes up stories just coz we have to have a plan.But inside yes,we want to achieve manythings in life and our goals keep on changing with time as said by narendra.I dont think we plan for more than 5 years ahed....and you know why because
our prioritys change with age.

anilsinghd
April 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM
The ultimate goal is like a classical catch 22 situation , the nearer you get to it (if at all you have one), the farther it goes away in the sense that you keep pushing it forward. Inherent greed(in the positive) sense will make sure you keep changing your "ultimate goal". I have a very simple example to illustrate. Consider the "daal makhani (my favo :)) , I remember I used to relish it at the local dhaba when i was a kid , parents are out and dhaba was the way to go! Cost : 25 rs (may be! not really sure) , the same stuff at Nirulas : 60 rs , that same very thing at a nice restaurant : 150-ish and if at a 5 star or something : may be 250-500 ... Do we really think the cost increase is really justified? Can't we survive without tasting/eating at the high ends? Yes , we can , but in reality we do not. As the life style changes evolves the lower spectrum keeps going out and upper spectrum keeps filling in , you realise it or not , its unconsciously and quietly slips in slowly but surely.

That's the generic phenomenon happening with perhaps all spheres of our life .. professional , personal , social , cultural etc. You become a VP and you start think of SVP , once SVP , EVP seems to be the next target.
You start doing charity , think of helping out 2 poor students , once you achive that , you think you can do more, if at all you manage a orphanage you would want to expand for sure.

That's the way it goes. I personally take this same thing in form of challenges, I put forward some stuff to me , achieve it and then trash it after an evaluation. I definitely do not want to too deep in some stuff , but more breadth wise if possible. More variety seems to interest me, let's see where I end up in.

Thanks, Anil