PDA

View Full Version : New Posts Vs Today's Posts !

vijay
May 3rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
It is quite interesting to observe that when we visit Jatland as a Guest ( i.e without logging in ), there is 'Today's Post' link which on clicking shows 10-15 latest posts. After logging in, this link changes to 'New Posts" and when we click on it, we see just 3-4 posts or sometimes we don't see even a single post. To check the latest posts ( even posts which were posted few minutes back ) we have to browse through the individual sections.

I would like to suggest that if Admins could merge the 'Today's Post' and 'New posts' links so that we don't have to browse through the different section for the latest ( recent) posts which were posted few minutes or few hours back.

malikdeepak1
May 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
"New posts" gives only those posts that have been posted since your last login.

vijay
May 3rd, 2010, 11:44 AM
"New posts" gives only those posts that have been posted since your last login.

Nopes, I am HERE since two hours or so but my lastest posts are not visible.

Anyways, suggestion is for the 'latest 10-12 entries' on the New Posts Page instead of technical discussions. :)

malikdeepak1
May 3rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
I logged out at around 10:30 am today. I logged in again just few minutes back. When I click New Posts tab, it shows three threads where new posts were posted since my last login/logout (with last thread update being done at 10:34am).
I infered from this that New posts gives you the updates done to threads between two logins.

I support your idea however, for showing same posts in both the tabs, New posts as well as today's posts. :)

brahmtewatia
May 3rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily)

+++++++++++++++++++

vijay, above is the message you get when you have no new posts. after 30 seconds, click here nd all the posts for 24 hours show up. you can see all the posts for 24 hours w/o logging out. hope that clarifies.

i asked same thing several times on "changes in JL forum view" thread (post # 27 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?29293-Changes-in-JL-forum-view&p=236646&viewfull=1#post236646)), but nobody replied. mother is the necessity of invention... as i discovered that on my own.

brahmtewatia
May 3rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
that is correct. also it will show-up (once again) all those posts that you didn't read... until you mark "all forums read".

I infered from this that New posts gives you the updates done to threads between two logins.

brahmtewatia
May 3rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
ahahahaha... i voted bad suggestion. in fact it should be v.v.v.v.v. bad suggestion.

stay in my touch... you'll always remain prakash(it).

vijay
May 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
The suggestion meant to avoid some extra link to check the New Posts .... its your choice if you want to opt few more clicks and another few seconds at your leisure ...

brahmtewatia
May 3rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
vijay, i gave so many suggestions on tht thread. nobody bothered to reply. it wasn't late for me to realize... "why bang my head"