PDA

View Full Version : I am IAS

ghanshyam
May 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Everyone...

I wanted to share once more that I've cleared Civil Services Exam 2009 & have secured 25th rank.....Will be getting IAS & probably a cadre of my choice....My top 5 cadre preferences are Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, AGMUT & Gujarat. Hope to get one out of them.

Last year too I managed to clear & got Indian Revenue Service (IT) with 277 rank. Finally this year the elusive IAS falls into my kitty. Will be joining training in August end at Mussorie.....CHEERS!!:)

sanjaymalik
May 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi Everyone...

I wanted to share once more that I've cleared Civil Services Exam 2009 & have secured 25th rank.....Will be getting IAS & probably a cadre of my choice....My top 5 cadre preferences are Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, AGMUT & Gujarat. Hope to get one out of them.

Last year too I managed to clear & got Indian Revenue Service (IT) with 277 rank. Finally this year the elusive IAS falls into my kitty. Will be joining training in August end at Mussorie.....CHEERS!!:)

congrats dear for ur success.

deependra
May 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Congratulations!!!

vijay
May 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Congrats Ghanshyam !
I wish you all the best for the responsibilites ahead :o

jakharanil
May 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Congratulations!!! ........keep rocking>>>>>>>>>
jai hind

Hi Everyone...

Fateh
May 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hi Everyone...

My dear son, heartiest congratulations, keep it up, wish you no one position in training & a highest position in life. All the best. I am really very very happy. with lots of love. Col (retd) Fateh Singh Kharb

singhvp
May 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Heartiest congratulations Ghanshyam on your success with flying colours. Hope the genuine problems of a common man in the present set up of governance , especially the poor farming community, will remain close to your heart while working as an important functionary in the civic administration of the district you are going to be posted during your carrier.

kulduhan
May 8th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Congrats dude !! Hope you could find out smething better to raise our rural community .

Best Wishes for your future ahead .

ajay86
May 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Congratulation bhai Ghanshyam....u will be the inspiration for lot of jat brothers preparing for this.

rameshlakra
May 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Congratulations. May you have a successful career and become a Cabinet Secretary some day.

sjakhars
May 8th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Congratulations Ghanshyam. Wish you all the best for your training ans career ahead.

singhabhimanyu
May 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
good for you. congratulations..

Hi Everyone...

ghanshyam
May 8th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks everyone....Thanks a lot:)

upendersingh
May 9th, 2010, 12:42 AM
A Lot Lot Congratulations!

nitindev
May 9th, 2010, 01:42 AM
हार्दिक बधाइयाँ और हमारे साथ खुशियाँ बांटने के लिए धन्यवाद.

vicky84
May 9th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Heartiest congratulations on your splendid success.

bls31
May 9th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Congratulations , Remain an administrator and don,t become a Babu
mY best wishes. BLS31

cooljat
May 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM

Many Many Congrats to u bro, u made us proud. Cheers to u !
I wish u a wonderful career ahead .. be a true administrator and set example for other with ur honesty, dedication and hard work ! :)

Congrats Again !

Jit

ghanshyam
May 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks a lot..

Brigadier L Singh.....Thank you sir...Will not disappoint you.

Jit Takhar....Thanks...Will try to set benchmarks in honesty & sincere work. The day I feel money motivates me more, I'll quit & join private sector.

lrburdak
May 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Congratulations!!! Ghanshyamji, can you provide here your home town and other bio-info.

Regards,

VirJ
May 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Great man ! Your hard work and dedication paid. You have set an example and benchmark for others in the community. Wish you all luck in future !

akshaymalik84
May 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks a lot..

Brigadier L Singh.....Thank you sir...Will not disappoint you.

Jit Takhar....Thanks...Will try to set benchmarks in honesty & sincere work. The day I feel money motivates me more, I'll quit & join private sector.

चल कोई ना भाई मेरा काम बिना पैसा के कर दिए .....

Anyway, Congrats bhai.

ravichaudhary
May 10th, 2010, 06:03 PM
A hearty congratulations to Ghansyam and his family for this stellar achievement .

This should serve as an ongoing role model to other Jats. as to what can be achieved, with focus, and determination.

Ravi Chaudhary

rajpaldular
May 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Many many Congratulations. God bless you.

hiteshdhariwal
May 11th, 2010, 07:54 AM
;)hey ,congratulations
why dont u jion in palwal.hry.

ghanshyam
May 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Laxman Burdakji....Thankyou..My Hometown is Raisinghnagar tehsil of Sriganganagar district, Rajasthan. I completed my schooling from Raisinghnagar & then moved to Delhi to do my graduation in Geography (hons) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi. Post my graduation I did my MBA from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai & got camplus placement with Kotak Life Insurance. I worked with Kotak Life Insurance for 3 years in Mumbai & Delhi (In Delhi was given additional charge of entire Haryana region marketing). Was taking Civil Services exam side by side. When I got into Indian Revenue Service last year, I resigned from Kotak & took the exam again & got IAS this year. This briefly sums up my journey..:)

My interview details can be accessed at:

w w w ghanshyamthori dot blogspot dot com (Can't post the link as my post count is low)

Thank you everyone.

vikasJAT
May 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Congratulations!!!brother and ALL THE BEST for your future........................

VirJ
May 11th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I post the link for you. http://www.ghanshyamthori.blogspot.com/. Now i understand how deep understanding of various subject you have to have to crack the interview. You knowledge and understanding on all these subjects are certainly very impressive.

These were not at all easy questions but you managed as good as one can dream of.

Cheers

tomarhitesh23
May 11th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Hi Everyone...

Hearty congrats bro... have a blastfull celebration... and you are really an inspiration for other aspirants.. plz guide our community bothers the tips and tricks to achieve similar success.... All The best :)

Khatkar
May 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Ghanshyam Sir,

Accept my Salute. I have no othe words to express.

piyush23
May 11th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Bhai ish kamyabi pe aapko bahout-bahout badhai ho.
Aapne na sirf apne parents ka, balki puri community ka nam uncha kiya ha..... Iske liye aapko puri JAT community ki taraf se bahaut-bahaut dhanyawad.
Ummid ha ki unche pad pe jane ke bad bhi aap community ko nahin bhuloge , aur samay- samaya par aapka guidance youaon ko prerit karta rahega.

'do u have any idea abt how many jats r selected in IAS in this year'

Thanks a lot

dkumars
May 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Congrats! buddy. It's a great achievement.
I just went thru ur blog ... Ur interview was fantastic ... U managed it well.
And thanks for sharing ur exp with others. You jotted down every word u had in those 30 mins ...
I appreciate ur work.

All the best!

hemanthooda
May 11th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Congrats Bro!!!!

Keep Going Fly High!!!

skarmveer
May 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Bahut-2 Badhai eavm Hardik Subh Kamnaye aapkee is safalta key liyea. Aapke safalta say hum sabhi ka sar garv say uncha hua hai. Bhagwan aapko is daitva ko imandaari purvak nibhaney kee shakti day or aapka maan-Sammaan hamesh banai rakhey.

lrburdak
May 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Laxman Burdakji....Thankyou..My Hometown is Raisinghnagar tehsil of Sriganganagar district, Rajasthan. I completed my schooling from Raisinghnagar & then moved to Delhi to do my graduation in Geography (hons) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi. Post my graduation I did my MBA from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai & got camplus placement with Kotak Life Insurance. I worked with Kotak Life Insurance for 3 years in Mumbai & Delhi (In Delhi was given additional charge of entire Haryana region marketing). Was taking Civil Services exam side by side. When I got into Indian Revenue Service last year, I resigned from Kotak & took the exam again & got IAS this year. This briefly sums up my journey..:)

My interview details can be accessed at:

w w w ghanshyamthori dot blogspot dot com (Can't post the link as my post count is low)

Thank you everyone.

Thanks Ghanshyamji. We have a page on Jatland Wiki. See here - http://www.jatland.com/home/Ghanshyam_Thori

Best of Luck

Regards,

ysmalik
May 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
My heartiest congratulation to you and your family and hope that you shall make the name of community in high esteem in country and some day in world by your honesty ,dedication and sincerity and make us proud being a jat.

delhione
May 11th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Sir,

In humour; every jat kid is a born IAS (Indian Agricultural Services) and gets the home cadre by birth, so were you.

But jokes apart, congratulations for holding the proud rank and becoming an Indian Administrative Services Officer. I also wish that you get a cadre of your choice.

Regards,

Yashpal.

ghanshyam
May 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Thank you.
Vipinji...Thanks for posting the link on my behalf.
Hiteshji & Piyushji....Thanks. Will try my best to motivate & guide others who seek it.
Laxmanji...Thanks a lot....Its a dream come true.
Yashpalji...lol...Thanks.

yogeshkalher
May 12th, 2010, 02:39 PM
congratulations dear brother.

jitender_singh
May 12th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Many many congratulations Ghanshyam Bhai :):)

aapka blog pada ,sach main pehli baar pata chala ki yeh log ias interview main kaafee deep tak jaate hain

Whole jat community feeling proud becuase of you.. once again i congratulate every jat brother and sister who got success in IAS exams.

Cheers

ajaysinghbamel
May 13th, 2010, 02:00 PM
congrats ghanshyamji and welcome to haryana.

ajayverma1973
May 13th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats dear

Hi Everyone...

Meerasansanwal
May 13th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Ghansyam ji..many many congratulations for ur success in the top exam of the country. i wish dat u will continue repeating success wherever u will go in IAS cadre.

downtoearth
May 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
congrats brother... wish you a great career and happy life ahead.

vairesatendra
May 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM
Ghanshyam bhai congrats !

Its proud to see one of our JAT bro an IAS.

God Bless You !

dahiyask
May 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone...

Ghanshyam bhai bahut bahut badhai. Ib nu bata laddoo kad khuwavega.

sunilchhikara
May 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Congratulations!!! brother

You are always welcome to Haryana

Hi Everyone...

shooraashok
May 23rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
congratulations !!!

NarenderSaharan
May 24th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Heartiest Congrats Bro... :)
All The Best
May GOD Help U At Every Step.
Do Take Care Of The Nation n I Hope U Will...

grewalpwn
May 24th, 2010, 06:34 PM
wah bhai maan ge tane . u r the proud of jat community. aap ko bhout bhout mubark ho.

DrKisorRepaswal
May 25th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Dear Congratulations,Best wishes from Moscow,Russia

bazardparveen
May 25th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hi Everyone...

Congrats Ghansham....All the best for sucessfull career ahead. Set example of honesty and responsibility throughout your career

JRBhincher
May 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Congrats Ghanshyam !
I wish you all the best for the responsibilites ahead. Please do for ours with forthcoming powers. Aap ke upar pure Jat Community ko Garv hai.

ssindhu
June 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM
congrats

welcome to idle administrative services. lol. hope you don't become one of those. lol. don't mind

nijjhar
June 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Hi,

Now, you are in a position to do Justice. Be careful of the Pitfall in which people do favours to their own or get bribe.

Now, if you love Ram, then impartial Justice earns you His Treasures. If you did favour during the course of your duty, then you become a son of Satan, a ******* worse than those born of the prostitutes. This is a common Pitfall that people mostly fall into BUT THIS IS JUST A WARNING. RAM IS FAR BETTER THAN WORLDLY PRAISES OR FAVOURS. DO NOT TAKE BRIBE. IT IS HARAAM.

nikkigahlot
June 18th, 2010, 12:25 PM
hi!
congratulations to u on dis achievement..
i have read all your blogs.
can u please e mail the material at nikkiniks85 at gmail dot com (copying u...lol)
thanx...

Anjalis
June 19th, 2010, 03:38 PM
आपकी सफलता पर बहुत - बहुत बधाई !!!!

ghanshyam
June 22nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your wishes......They will help me sail through my career & stay as an upright officer in the system:)

rajanisingh20
June 22nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Heartiest Congratulations from my side.....Best of luck for ur future.....GOD Bless U.....:):)

singhajeet
June 22nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Ghanshyam, first of all Congratulation for the great achievement you got.definately you have given one more reason to our elders to proud and inspiration to younger ones at this point of time.
Secondly would like to suggest to keep your self motivated and prove yourself as a good admistrator for beetrment of our society.I believe now you are into to responsiblity zone than capability.
my regard to your family and friends.
Ajeet SIngh

phalswal303
June 22nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Congratulations , Remain an administrator and don,t become a Babu
mY best wishes. BLS31

1st of all my wishes to u bro ghanshyam. 2ndly me too agree with sir, we generally expand IAS as "I" "A"gree "S"ir. Hope and belive that this'll not happen in ur case. So again best of luch bro, do well n come out with flying colours.

raj_rathee
June 23rd, 2010, 05:17 AM
Hi Everyone...

Congrats. You've proved yourself good at taking exams.
Now, if you are truly talented, why not go for something big and truly worthwhile? Do you really want
to waste your talents in Babugiri?

kapdal
June 23rd, 2010, 05:32 AM
Congrats. You've proved yourself good at taking exams.
Now, if you are truly talented, why not go for something big and truly worthwhile? Do you really want
to waste your talents in Babugiri?

Who is to say that true talent is not in being a good babu and in "something big and truly worthwhile"? Would be interesting to see what you think fits that phrase in inverted commas.

raj_rathee
June 23rd, 2010, 11:15 PM
Who is to say that true talent is not in being a good babu and in "something big and truly worthwhile"? Would be interesting to see what you think fits that phrase in inverted commas.

Hmm...wasn't really looking for a discussion...more like throwing my opinion over the fence...

but to keep it short I would say that when it comes to great talent the words creation, innovation, generation come to mind....as opposed to maintain, manage and administer...

I suppose you can argue that people in administrative services can also have opportunites for the former, but in reality they are really consumed by operations...which I think can be adequately covered by mediocre talent.

sidchhikara
June 24th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Bhai Ghanshyam - let me congratulate you on clearing that exam, having said that let me also say that IAS is a completely corrupt institution - a legacy of the British raj.
Barring a few good ppl like Delhi metro guy, Seshan, they have not done anything except make life difficult for ordinary Indian citizens for the last 63 years. It is time for IAS to be disbanded and replaced by elected admin officials.

You will be constantly surrounded by this corrupt environment, it will be hard on your conscience if you wish to stay honest.

singhvp
June 24th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Bhai Ghanshyam - let me congratulate you on clearing that exam, having said that let me also say that IAS is a completely corrupt institution - a legacy of the British raj.
Barring a few good ppl like Delhi metro guy, Seshan, they have not done anything except make life difficult for ordinary Indian citizens for the last 63 years. It is time for IAS to be disbanded and replaced by elected admin officials.

You will be constantly surrounded by this corrupt environment, it will be hard on your conscience if you wish to stay honest.

Very true. Unfortunately, majority of the civil servants are completely drenched in corruption. Apart from being corrupt they are highly insensitive to the common man's problems and play subservient to their political masters and the filthy rich of society who handsomely reward them in cash or kind for seeking favours. Higher the level in bureaucratic hierarchy, bigger the quantum of corruption. It is a very valid suggestion that the legacy of producing this elite class of bureaucrats inherited from the colonial masters -the Britishers - must be scrapped forthwith and the delineation of powers for administering the Districts need to be radically reviewed while giving more autonomy to the District Councils directly elected by the people.

kapdal
June 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hmm...wasn't really looking for a discussion...more like throwing my opinion over the fence...

but to keep it short I would say that when it comes to great talent the words creation, innovation, generation come to mind....as opposed to maintain, manage and administer...

I suppose you can argue that people in administrative services can also have opportunites for the former, but in reality they are really consumed by operations...which I think can be adequately covered by mediocre talent.

Well, what has been created, innovated and generated also needs to be maintained, managed and administered well; for its objective to be fulfilled. Anyways, I think great talent is not restricted to a list of activities. It can be there in any field. Sachin Tendulkar is a great talent; despite having created nothing but records.

spdeshwal
June 26th, 2010, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=raj_rathee;248161]Hmm...wasn't really looking for a discussion...more like throwing my opinion over the fence...

ये ओटड़यां परके डल्ले फेंकना छोड़ दे !
Nevertheless, one can make a difference, get recognised and appreciated as a 'Babu'.
There are some sining examples in our own society. One such inspiring personalty, Shri Mahender Singh Dhankhad, Retired DRO , who no doubt made a difference where ever he worked throughout his career as a Jiledar, a tehsildar and a DRO. He remained untouchable in the most currupt department.
Basic structure of IAS needs overhauling. It is hard to function honestly and impartially in the present scheme of things.

जरुरत है सही इच्छाशक्ति की !
घनश्याम भाई , आपकी इस बड़ी उपलब्धि पर हार्दिक बधाई देते हुए आशा है आप अपने नाम को सार्थक करते हुए , गरीबी व् लाल फितासाही की दोहरी मार से जलते व् तपते लाखों निरही प्राणियों को शीतलता पहुंचोगे !

खुश रहो !

MOHITKUMAR
July 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Congratulations bhai.........
I wish u a bright future bhai

basant
July 8th, 2010, 11:26 PM
wish you all the Best on your esteem achievement. Do keep in mind uplift of JAT's in your profession.

vineettomar
July 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hi!..congrats for your achievments.
By the way.. I will be attending a training program in LBSS Musoorie from 16th August to 20 August. I would like to meet you there and share your experience. My mobile no is 9899687313.
See you there.
Thanks
Er. Vineet Tomar (B.E.,M.Tech (CS)
Principal Systems Analyst, NIC ,UIDAI

jojidahiya
July 25th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Congratulations!!! and wish you all the best.hope you will do your job with out any interference of politicians.

ghanshyam
July 28th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for all the wises & Sorry for the late reply. Was busy travelling & meeting relatives.

Ajeet Singhji...Keeping oneself motivated is a big challenge. Most the probationers are very zealous when they get into the system but gradually loose steam...Its a big responsibility too.

Ashwani..."I agree Sir" n "I am Sorry" are usually associated with IAS...I shall try my best. Only time n my deed shall tell the tale.

Raj-Rathee...Thanks...Leave aside Babugiri. I sincerely believe that politics is more noble than bureaucracy...Infact politics is the most noble service of all but only if one carries out the task with honesty and dedication...Else everything is a farce whatever be one's service. Babugiri is one field where one has a lot of leeway if one wants to deliver....Also good adiministration is linked to 4C's - Concerned, Contemplative, Creative n Constructive.....Rest you can view anything with cynic's eyes...Take it lightly; even I do resort to such tactics at times:)

ghanshyam
July 28th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Siddharth Chhikara....Let us get this straight....The percentage of corrupt officers in IAS is same as that in politicians, school management, police, judiciary or even NREGA workers for that matter (& the same percentage persists among the members of this forum too)....All these people come from the same cross section of society. No-one is recruited from a specific section of society that one would be more predisposed towards corruption/honesty. Please don't get me wrong...Its the society as a whole that imparts us with shared values & with it the propensity towards honesty or corruption. Moreover I don't believe in logics bordering on De jure principle....Lets talk about Defacto...IAS can't be disbanded just by wishful thinking....Reforms & goodwork by very select officers is very much possible. Don't want to take any moral high ground by claiming that I'll be one of the upright officers...Just want to stay positive in the system bro:)

ghanshyam
July 28th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Vijay Pal Singhji...Just one question sir.."Do you believe that elected officials are more dedicated, efficient & honest than bureaucrats?"

Sateypal Deshwalji....Thanks for throwing positive light. We can truly have reforms in bureaucracy...IAS/IPS & other officers get transferred at the whims of political masters which forces many to pander to their vagaries...Stability of tenure can go a long way in improving efficiency of bureaucracy & prevent the collapse of the steel frame which is already no doubt corroded.

Basantji...Inside profession only merit shall get appreciated..Outside one can definitely participate in community welfare/awareness & other such programs.

Vineet Tomarji...I'll be in LBSNAA, Mussorie starting 1st September so wont be able to catch up. You can reach me at 01507-220218:cool:

singhvp
July 28th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Vijay Pal Singhji...Just one question sir.."Do you believe that elected officials are more dedicated, efficient & honest than bureaucrats?"

Dear Ghanshyam,

I see a nexus between corrupt politicians and the corrupt bureaucrats. As far as elected representatives are concerned, people have at least a self-satisfaction of having elected them and have the option of replacing them after a certain time-frame if they are not found dedicated, efficient & honest - which they are not in most cases. To the contrary, it is not very easy to terminate or even transfer a service officer unless charges are proved against him/her. And to prove charges against them is not so easy in our present legal system as these people are shrewd enough not to leave any traces of being corrupt. Moreover, they are able to manipulate their transfers/suspensions by virtue of their proximity with their political masters.

I would like to clarify that not all the officers are corrupt but a minuscule number of honest and upright officers will not be able to turn the tide.

sidchhikara
July 28th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Siddharth Chhikara....Let us get this straight....The percentage of corrupt officers in IAS is same as that in politicians, school management, police, judiciary or even NREGA workers for that matter (& the same percentage persists among the members of this forum too)....All these people come from the same cross section of society. No-one is recruited from a specific section of society that one would be more predisposed towards corruption/honesty. Please don't get me wrong...Its the society as a whole that imparts us with shared values & with it the propensity towards honesty or corruption. Moreover I don't believe in logics bordering on De jure principle....Lets talk about Defacto...IAS can't be disbanded just by wishful thinking....Reforms & goodwork by very select officers is very much possible. Don't want to take any moral high ground by claiming that I'll be one of the upright officers...Just want to stay positive in the system bro:)

Like I said before, congratulations on your success in the test. You are one of the smartest and hard-working people in the country. I am sure your family and friends are very proud of you.
Don't take my critique of IAS personally, everybody knows the truth, IAS is full of venal sycophants. Public does not like them, except a few officials I mentioned in my previous post.
I wish you all the best in your job.

singhvp
July 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Siddharth Chhikara....Let us get this straight....The percentage of corrupt officers in IAS is same as that in politicians, school management, police, judiciary or even NREGA workers for that matter (& the same percentage persists among the members of this forum too)....All these people come from the same cross section of society. No-one is recruited from a specific section of society that one would be more predisposed towards corruption/honesty. Please don't get me wrong...Its the society as a whole that imparts us with shared values & with it the propensity towards honesty or corruption.

Very true. A good analysis.

mukeshkumar007
July 28th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Ghanshyam bhai, Hearties congratulation once again.

Anyway I was just following some of the comments of fellow member’s nd your reply to them. Though I have full faith on your integrity nd honesty but at the same time I agree with the analysis of other members too.

I don’t think that it requires any kinds of debate to conclude that majority of civil servants are highly corrupt. It is the bureaucracy which nourishes the corruption in the entire system. Looks like that the functionalities of IAS officers no longer remain to serve the people rather to indulge in unconstitutional nd illegal activities like misusing of power, favoring their political bosses and amassing of illegal money.

The definition of Honesty is just not limited to keeping oneself away from indulging in any illegal activity rather it is to exercise the power to prevent the spread of this evil.

Sometime back I was discussing with my one of my friend who is an IAS on the same subject, he had to say that he refrain from taking bribe but he also accepted that people under him are deeply drenched in corruption. He told me that he is helpless in checking corruption in his department as doing so he would be inviting problems for himself.

Now tell me if one is having all constitutional power to ensure transparency in his/her department but he/she is showing his helplessness then does he/she hold moral rights to be called as an true and honest officer? Shouldn’t he resign if he/she is unable to exercise the duty in the true spirit? To me remaining honest is not the only concern rather delivering on commitment is the sole expectation from an officer nd failure to do so makes him not better than a corrupt one.

Every year when the list of successful candidates roll out, most of them claimed to serve the society but I wonder if they even remember this commitment as the graph of corruption still remain unchecked.

I can understand that it is very hard to remain honest nd do the justice with the job when you are surrounded with corrupt environments. If you will stick to the path of honesty then either your growth would be blocked or you would be put in a department which may not be of your interest. Forget about the other people rather your own near ones and dear ones may create problem for you. How will you react if some of your close family members want you to do something illegal in their favor?

I am assured that you will live upto the expectation and will make us all proud. But at the same time I’m very much curious about knowing your opinions on how one can cope-up with issues reported above and still deliver on the commitments.