PDA

View Full Version : Vedic jat

bls31
May 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
what is Vedic Jat? My father told me we were Vedic Jats and that is what I filled in various forms and questioners through out my life. BLS31

deependra
May 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM
what is Vedic Jat? My father told me we were Vedic Jats and that is what I filled in various forms and questioners through out my life. BLS31

I was also told by my teacher that we are Vedic Jats. At that time I was too young to raise the question before my teacher.
But I think as our community was very much under the influence of Arya Samaj and they found themselves following Vedic Culture to a great extent.
Might be that is the reason they started writing "Vedic Jat".

bls31
May 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM
possible. My father told us we were Arya Samaji. and I call my self accordingly as opposed to Snanatm Dharam. BLS31

Fateh
May 21st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Yes, general impression is that we are ARYA SAMAJI, but certain points like jat community is existing for last many thousands years, but Arya Samaj was started by Sawamiji only few hundred years ago. Secondly, is it possible that all jats adopted Arya Samaj. Though, Sawamiji wanted to uplift Brahamin community & worked agaist religious evils/wrong practices, by chance, the teachings of sawamiji suited the natural attitude of jats & they became sawamiji followers. My father was also an Arya Samaji & due to his influence, I had Chauti & Dhoti even in college, I used pent first time when I went to SSB in 1968. But I feel jats have their distint way of life since history is available & religion is also a way of life nothing more than that. Anyway there is requirement of finding out more on the subject. Regards

deependra
May 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
Yes, general impression is that we are ARYA SAMAJI, but certain points like jat community is existing for last many thousands years, but Arya Samaj was started by Sawamiji only few hundred years ago. Secondly, is it possible that all jats adopted Arya Samaj. Though, Sawamiji wanted to uplift Brahamin community & worked agaist religious evils/wrong practices, by chance, the teachings of sawamiji suited the natural attitude of jats & they became sawamiji followers. My father was also an Arya Samaji & due to his influence, I had Chauti & Dhoti even in college, I used pent first time when I went to SSB in 1968. But I feel jats have their distint way of life since history is available & religion is also a way of life nothing more than that. Anyway there is requirement of finding out more on the subject. Regards

You are right Fateh. AryaSamaj was founded in 1875 in Mumbai. But onw thing I do not agree with you that Swamiji wanted to uplift the Brahmin community. See below the sixth rule of Aryasamaj-

The prime object of the Arya Samaj is to do good to the world, that is, to promote physical, spiritual and social good of everyone.
Anyway let us keep it aside as it will divert us from the discussion point.

But again you were right in saying that those teachings suited well to Jats as Jat had not adopted the social evils and they used to apply their head before accepting anything blindly. It is true that Jats are having some great virtues such as bravery, honesty, altruistic attitude.
But when did this trend start of writing "Vedic Jat" as the caste needs to be researched.

Fateh
May 22nd, 2010, 05:21 AM
Deependra, you are righr, the object of Arya Samaj is to do good to the world, but brother, since the main cause of than pervailing social & religious evils, was brahamin, brahamins stoped working, their condition was detoriating day by day thus sawamiji initially started his strugle to pullout this community from the dirt. The idea of Arya Samaj, its principles, teachings, objects etc were the products of long strugle, study & hard work of the sawamiji. I agree with you that we shouldnot divert from the main topic. regards

nijjhar
June 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hi,

Arya is a race or Nassall and not a Samaj. Hindu is a Samaj and so is Sikh.

nijjhar
June 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi,

Jatts are simpletons but sincere. It is the clean heart in which the Gospel rests and Jatts are the most powerful Preachers of His Word.

On the other hand, Khatris are the most powerful sons of Satan in twisting His Word.

Fateh
June 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hi,

Arya is a race or Nassall and not a Samaj. Hindu is a Samaj and so is Sikh.

CH Nijjhar sir, I agree with you that Arian is a race, but we were discussing the samaj established by sawami Dayanand. Ofcourse, Jatts are Arians, with different way of life & personality traits. Sir nice to read your views, thanks. with warm regards. COL Fateh.