PDA

View Full Version : Seema Tomar wins silver in World Cup

piush_tomar
May 23rd, 2010, 06:33 AM
TIMES OF INDIA KHAP PANCHAYAT KE BARREY MEIN DAILY NEWS DE RAHA HEY PAR IS NEWS KO THEEK 5 DIN BAAD COVER KIYA GAYA. KYO?
:mad: Shooter Seema Tomar created a history of sorts after she became the first Indian woman to win a shotgun silver in an ISSF World Cup.

The 27-year-old won the medal in the trap event in Dorset in Great Britain. She scored 70/75 in the qualification round to qualify for her first ever World Cup final. In the finals, she shot a round of 18 to claim the silver in a field of 42 shooters.

"I am happy. We are going to celebrate together," she said. "I was really nervous, at the beginning. I had never competed in a World Cup final round before. But then I managed to calm down and zero in on the targets," she added. While Tomar excelled, Shagun Chowdhary finished 24th with a score of 64 (18,23,23) while Shreyasi Singh finished 38th with a score of 59 (21,19,19).

Samarkadian
May 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
To add further, a haryanvi girl Mamta Sauda , known to me has conquered the highest mountain peak Mountain Everest.

Here is the news report:-

Coming from a poor Dalit family, it was an arduous journey for 27-year-old Mamta Sodha who fulfilled her dream of scaling the world's highest peak Mt Everest today.

"We are very proud of Mamta's feat. She comes from a poor Dalit family. Her mother is a widow and Mamta, who teaches at a college in Kurukshetra, has to support a family of three that also includes her brother and a sister," Haryana's Financial Commissioner Dhanpat Singh said.

Singh said that Mamta, who hails from Haryana's Kaithal district, 111 kms from here, was a member of National Adventure Club and had on earlier scaled other peaks.

"Finding sponsors for the expedition was an arduous task. She got Rs three lakh from Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and another Rs five lakh from Congress MP Navin Jindal. I arranged Rs two lakh for her equipment from ONGC," he said.

He said that Deputy Commissioners of Gurgaon, Panipat and Kaithal had also chipped in, enabling Mamta to realise her dream of attempting to scale the world's highest peak.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20100522/1416/tnl-young-woman-from-haryana-scales-mt-e.html

Fateh
May 23rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
To add further, a haryanvi girl Mamta Sauda , known to me has conquered the highest mountain peak Mountain Everest.

Here is the news report:-

Coming from a poor Dalit family, it was an arduous journey for 27-year-old Mamta Sodha who fulfilled her dream of scaling the world's highest peak Mt Everest today.

"We are very proud of Mamta's feat. She comes from a poor Dalit family. Her mother is a widow and Mamta, who teaches at a college in Kurukshetra, has to support a family of three that also includes her brother and a sister," Haryana's Financial Commissioner Dhanpat Singh said.

Singh said that Mamta, who hails from Haryana's Kaithal district, 111 kms from here, was a member of National Adventure Club and had on earlier scaled other peaks.

"Finding sponsors for the expedition was an arduous task. She got Rs three lakh from Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and another Rs five lakh from Congress MP Navin Jindal. I arranged Rs two lakh for her equipment from ONGC," he said.

He said that Deputy Commissioners of Gurgaon, Panipat and Kaithal had also chipped in, enabling Mamta to realise her dream of attempting to scale the world's highest peak.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20100522/1416/tnl-young-woman-from-haryana-scales-mt-e.html

Heartiest congratulations to mamta, weldone keep it up mamta, our best wishes are with you.

Fateh
May 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Heartiest congratulations to seema, weldone seema keep it up, our best wishes are always with you

upendersingh
May 23rd, 2010, 10:26 PM
TIMES OF INDIA KHAP PANCHAYAT KE BARREY MEIN DAILY NEWS DE RAHA HEY PAR IS NEWS KO THEEK 5 DIN BAAD COVER KIYA GAYA. KYO?
:mad: Shooter Seema Tomar created a history of sorts after she became the first Indian woman to win a shotgun silver in an ISSF World Cup.

The 27-year-old won the medal in the trap event in Dorset in Great Britain. She scored 70/75 in the qualification round to qualify for her first ever World Cup final. In the finals, she shot a round of 18 to claim the silver in a field of 42 shooters.

"I am happy. We are going to celebrate together," she said. "I was really nervous, at the beginning. I had never competed in a World Cup final round before. But then I managed to calm down and zero in on the targets," she added. While Tomar excelled, Shagun Chowdhary finished 24th with a score of 64 (18,23,23) while Shreyasi Singh finished 38th with a score of 59 (21,19,19).

Great achievement of a Jat girl. As far as I know, before Seema Tomar no Hindu Jat had ever won silver in any world level senior competitions in any sports. So it is highly laudable.

Seema Tomar
http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/tss2805/images/20050129000306803.jpg

Times of India like things are already tensed due to rising Jats' supremacy over others and Seema Tomar's silver is a new tension for such people. I am highly surprised that media is quite sullen towards such a good achievement of an Indian woman.

rkumar
May 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Congratulations to Seema. I just googled for news items on Seema Tomar just to find out if our president, PM or any CM has bothered to congratulate her. I could not find anyone. Had it been Sachin Tandulkar or Bindra or any other urabnite, all our politicains would have been falling over each other to congratulate them. Let us see if our politcians wake up from their slumber in next few days, else we Jats should think of organising some event to honour her on a grand scale.

RK^2

deependra
May 24th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Vow!!! Congratulations to Seema. you have made our community and the country to be proud on you.

deependra
May 24th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Congratulations to Seema. I just googled for news items on Seema Tomar just to find out if our president, PM or any CM has bothered to congratulate her. I could not find anyone. Had it been Sachin Tandulkar or Bindra or any other urabnite, all our politicains would have been falling over each other to congratulate them. Let us see if our politcians wake up from their slumber in next few days, else we Jats should think of organising some event to honour her on a grand scale.

RK^2

RK Uncle, hundred percent you are right. Our contribution towards the country has been always ignored for many centuries. We have fought so many historical battles with great bravery then too the history books are filled only with the bravery of Rajpoots. Our community has produced so many intellectuals, good players, politicians and excellent people in all the fields. Then too we are ignored. I am not sure why it is so?

rkumar
May 24th, 2010, 09:02 PM
RK Uncle, hundred percent you are right. Our contribution towards the country has been always ignored for many centuries. We have fought so many historical battles with great bravery then too the history books are filled only with the bravery of Rajpoots. Our community has produced so many intellectuals, good players, politicians and excellent people in all the fields. Then too we are ignored. I am not sure why it is so?

I remember our President, PM and every small politician congratulating Sachin Tandulkar when he made 200 runs recently. Media was covering the achievement almost 24 hrs. I wonder how much TV coverage has been given to Seema Tomar as I could not see even one online clipping about her. Though she works for Army, I did not read even a single statement from our Army chief. Is that our congress politicians are not happy as Mr Digvijay Singh's daughter could not win any medal? Not a single woman politician of India has said a word so far for Seema Tomar. Anyway, Seema we all admire you...May God bless you. Just carry on with your mission. I am sure you will bring many laurals to nation and make us proud.

RK^2

cooljat
May 24th, 2010, 09:21 PM

Congratulations to Seema n' wish her all the best for future endeavors !!

I second with RK Uncle here, apart from Cricket there's no Sport in India be it National game or others, hardly anybody is concerned about, that's a pity ! :(

hemanthooda
May 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Congrats Seema n thanks for making us proud

cooljat
May 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Interesting : -

"A lot of upcoming shooters from the hamlets of Uttar Pradesh including Seema Tomar, silver medal winner at Dorset World Cup, owe their success to Rahul Gandhi as the young Congress MP donated his pistols for their training."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rahul-gandhis-pistols-power-shooters/623433/0

rkumar
May 25th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Interesting : -

"A lot of upcoming shooters from the hamlets of Uttar Pradesh including Seema Tomar, silver medal winner at Dorset World Cup, owe their success to Rahul Gandhi as the young Congress MP donated his pistols for their training."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rahul-gandhis-pistols-power-shooters/623433/0

I know Dr Raj Pal Singh personally. He has done wonderful work. He spent lot of his own money to train these people. I am only suprised that there is not a single word from Rahul or any other young politician. May be Seema Tomar is not from Amethi...LOL... For Rahul UP is Amethi and Amethi is UP. Except during elections, he has never gone to western UP.

RK^2

Arvindc
May 25th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Hats off to her!!

It would be nice if someone could convey all these well wishes from Jatland to her. - May be some one from Baghpat district.

bazardparveen
May 25th, 2010, 10:19 PM

Heartiest congratulation to Seema. Well done.....

skarmveer
May 26th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Bahut-2 Badhai Eavm Hardik Subh Kamnaye aapke is Saflta per. Bhagwaan aapka Jeevan Safaltaon say bhar dey or aapko Bahut sa Maan-Sammaan milay.

Khatkar
May 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
One more jat brother make us to be proudy.

Anuveer from gurgaon win silver in skating at hongkong inline skating. I don't have much infromation but, currently he is studying in 5th standard & his mother leena dhankar is also JL active member( If I am wrong please correct me , & share more info if somebody have here).

Anuveer many-many congratulation from whole jat community. :rock