PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions for PhD Topics in Physical Education

sinsinwar
July 1st, 2004, 04:45 PM
Hello All,
My Wife Seema plans to do her PhD in Physical Education after completing her M.Phil in the same.(topic of M Phil was on facilities for girls students in Govt schools in Dli).

She is currently lecturer & Head of Physical edn Dept. at IP College Delhi Univ.

May I request your suggestions on possible toipics and people fronm this field who can be her guide/mentors for the same.

looking forward to hear from you all.
thanks and with best regards
Vishesh

On the same note pls feel free to contact me for any help/guidance I/she could be for you/your Kids/Bros/Sis

birbal
July 1st, 2004, 05:35 PM
Vishesh,

These days Physical Education has been renamed Kinesiology in most universities and it is becoming a hot field as the "baby boomer generation" (those born after the end of WWII) in the western world is approaching retirement. The two good areas I can suggest are sports psychology (getting increasing importance with the rise of Women's Athletics in universities), and biomechanics (relating both to the performance of younger athletes and aging population).

Birbal Singh

sinsinwar
July 1st, 2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks a lot sir,
just one query do they hold enough relevance in Indian context too?
as I see we staying in India for good.I bel've sporting even management can be one option but i am also looking for some really good guides for the same.
regards
Vishesh

birbal
July 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Vishesh,

I assume that you are staying in India and interested in enhancing career prospects for your wife.

As you know for a long time in the Indian educational sector, promotions were based on seniority. I do not know about all the places in India but I think changes are taking place and soon there will be harmonization with the western countries where promotions in academic ranks are based on research and publications record. In addition, those who want to move to administration (Dean, Principal, Vice-Chancellor) have to have substantial research record as well as proven management/leadership skills. So, Ph.D. is a must even in India now.

As society becomes increasingly health-conscious and fitness-oriented, more careers will be available in the health and wellness industry and it will provide lot of career enhancement opportunities. Further, with the increasing interest shown in athletics by girls around the world, the opportunities for women are going to increase at a greater rate.

For research in sports psychology/human performance, a Jat woman will have definite advantage in finding volunteers for reasearch study. I would think you wife would have no difficulty finding outstanding Jat girls to study for a Ph.D. thesis. Also, this kind of topic leads to lot of publishable research that is necessary for quicker promotions and opening possiblities for future management positions in the educational sector.

Birbal Singh

sinsinwar
July 2nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks a lot sir,
noted your suggestions.
Vishesh

rkumar
July 2nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
sorry for duplication....wish i know how to remove it completely.....

Rajendra

rkumar
July 2nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (Jul 02, 2004 04:00 a.m.):
Another very interesting topic can be 'Psychological Stress factors among sportsmen' and the working on this topic won't require lots of lab facilities like one will require for topics where one needs lab measurements. Stress factors can be measured both in men and women and at different points of time with respect to the event..factors like location of event, type of event(local or regional or international, social background, economic factors....etc. I am sure the reasearch will have universal application as stress is very high among sportsman...and there are not many studies..

Regards
Rajendra

vschahar
July 2nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Hello Vishesh,

You can contact to Dr. Rishipal Singh, He is in LNIPE,Gwalior(Asia's largest physical University)
He is also Jat and very cooperative person,previously he was working as a Registrar in LNIPE.

Thanks and regard,
Virendra

sinsinwar
July 3rd, 2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks a lot Virendra

indian
July 3rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
I feel any topic on training your body and mind to relax and perform at their best like BREATHING TO RELAX & RELAXATION AND IMAGERY CONDITIONING are very good topics to study.
PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS AND ANXIETY FACTORS AMONGST FEMALE ATHLETES as suggested by Rajenderji is again a very important and practical topic.