PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare for IIT’s/IIM’s Entrance?

sandeepbalyan
August 23rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
This is a general question that can help lot of our brothers and sisters.

Please try to give some of your busy time by providing links, material; coaching Institutes and most required i.e. your advices.

How to prepare for IIT’s/IIM’s Entrance?

Hope we all will get benefit from it.

Best regards
Sandeep Balyan

sandeepbalyan
August 23rd, 2004, 12:34 PM
http://jee.iitm.ac.in/

sandeepbalyan
August 23rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-774956,prtpage-1.cms

nirmalkumar
September 9th, 2004, 01:27 AM
for IIMs
Join any of the reputed coaching institutes........for e.g.

IMS (http://www.imsindia.com)
Career Forum(http://www.cflogic.com/)
Professional Tutorials (http://www.ptindia.com/)

(Though some might argue on this but I feel this is required to maintain consistency and focus in the preparation and also joining an institute like this helps you to know about lot of things which are helpful in ur interviews after getting calls)

do follow their curriculam, tips & material religiously, work hard and rest all leave on bajrang bali.

ishwarlamba
September 9th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Yesterday one person who came from India said in Kota there is good coaching institute started by IITians
regards

mbamal
September 9th, 2004, 09:01 PM
I would be glad to help out anyone who has any specific queries regarding the reading material, time management or any other related topic.

jatrix
September 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM
dear sandeep....
well how to prepare for iits??.... i think i can help some brothers n sis working hard to crack this exam!
as far as material n coaching insti r concerned , it is quite well known that kota has emerged as a large hub for jee preparation in past 8 to 10 yrs.....but wat i personally feel is that these insti can hardly help u more than 10% in success.... rather looong term sustained success
no. of selections r high from kota.....'coz almost all the potential students go there for studying ..... not willing to take any risk;....then the cut throat comp. there.;.... strong company....(depends on the student ...... he/she can even spoil his/her career there if fall in bad comp....)
but i feel that if someone is really sincere... he need not go all the way to kota...
it 's the style u read with... over there in kota, i know many frnds (not generalising, of course top jee rankers r also frm kota ,who r real int) who simply used to mug formulas...jus to somehow clear jee.. n quite often they even 'ld clear... but wat then???..... some of them r struggling hard to keep up wid other iitians wid stroger fundaes... i feel self study is the strongest n best way of preparing for jee... coaching can be an additional thing,.... but a self study of 3-4 hrs exclusively for jee ,sustained for a year can guarantee ur success in jee.... the rank acheieved will depend entirely on the way u studied n understood facts!
why to specify it to jee??... well without boasting... i ve taken a few competitive exams n never took any coaching...(for jee though i had rankers study material (correspondance course)of fiitjee....). n i did clear all of them...
NTSE, Sainik school enterance(in 9th... 8/780+) were selected...., NDA selected (written,SSB,medical everything),IIT JEE (836),AIEEE(567),RPET(97).....
i mean it is a real first hand exp.... jus njoy wat u r studying....dont read to clear jee but to gain knowledge... if u give full time to studies , there is no need to take short cut tricks n formulas from the coaching instis!, 'coz there r no shortcuts for real success!
so work hard n success will be yours... best of luck to all aspirants!..... any doubts /cribs feel free to msg me!

Sandeep Balyan (Aug 23, 2004 02:57 a.m.):
This is a general question that can help lot of our brothers and sisters.

Please try to give some of your busy time by providing links, material; coaching Institutes and most required i.e. your advices.

How to prepare for IIT’s/IIM’s Entrance?

Hope we all will get benefit from it.

Best regards
Sandeep Balyan

deepak_dahiya
December 15th, 2004, 01:55 AM
As far as IIMs goes, this year CAT exam tells you all.... It largely depends how you deal in those two hours when giving the exam...

Of course, preparation is also important... But the pattern for CAT is so varied that one should be prepared for any kind of question....

Any specific query...most welcome...

D Dahiya...

anujdahiya
December 20th, 2004, 12:28 AM
hi

Well you can never expect the surprises CAT is going throw at you. But I believe if you have done your preparation earnestly then you have got the ammunition to stand against CAT. There are certain skills, as far as CAT is concerned, which cannot be developed in short duration. But you can always maximise your opportunities in some other area. Practice is the key for CAT.

Iam doing my masters in management from IIM lucknow and cleared CAT in first attempt.

Anuj Dahiya
Class of 2006
IIM Lucknow

sumitpawar
December 21st, 2004, 01:41 PM
hey anuj thanx dude hope ppl who really need help regarding the CAT prep they might get alot off help frm u dude well me also prepng for the cat and mba so i will also be there to help ppl for gettng into IIMs :D :D

rohit
January 14th, 2005, 12:06 PM
CAT is all about time management. If you plan well both before the examination and during the examination CAT is easy to get through. during the past few years it has become a little difficult to clear cat becaue of increase in number of aspirants. But CAT do not want someone who can study for 20 hours a day but some one who knows his facts correcly and can communicate them clearly. Job experience of 2-3 year is of advantage. In fact it is always good to have few years of experience before doing MBA as you would be able to appricate the couse more.

please feel free to contact me in case of a querry

rohit tomar