PDA

View Full Version : Communication tools as Barriers to Communication

bls31
July 3rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
My son walks in with the cell glued to his ear, moves to the computer and then to the TV; in between answering and making calls: with the time both remote and the cell clutched in hand.

My daughter from USA starts a family conversation session with the Lap Top open, sitting in between us and seriously tapping he keys.

My friend, Ashok, has his eyes fixed, discretely, to his blackberry even when we meet for dinner at the club.

Hari’s invite me for lunch: Sudha soon picks up her cell and gets involved with someone on a long discourse, possibly more for the benefit of the gallery. It was nothing that could not have waited.

I invite friends for dinner, soon the ladies are on their cells passing instructions to the maid back home.

God forbid if one of them receives a call from a son or daughter abroad: for the next tem minutes there is a self imposed curfew by the other guests keeping mum.

The ring tone from some one’s cell, which has refused to heed the request to keep the phones on the silent mode, distracts and breaks the bond with the speaker, singer or the actors as the case may be.

‘Where are you’ the query on the phone and the evasive reply by the one sitting behind me in the multiplex brings me back from the word of fantasy that I were engrossed in to the real world of the darkened auditorium.

I pod , I pad , I phone, Laptop, though communication tools in them selves , are killing the art of face to face conversation and small talk, acting as powerful, barriers to communication and have successfully replaced the earlier not so effective devices News paper and books

rakeshsehrawat
July 3rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Sir times re different this is same technology through which we are connected. Without any reation without even knowing or meeting each other we make friends and enemies both. This problem can be sorted out only by direct communication not by virtual world threads.
Baaki manne bhi log bhot bhunde lage hain bus metro kite chale jao 2-2 hajar ke chinese mobile pe "White white face dekhe dilwa beating fast sasura" lake poora khudka kare ja hain. Bus mein ise ise 15 admi 15 gaane chala ke nyu compitition kare hain kunse tein log faltu irritate howe hain.Kuch to katti fuhad gaane la de hain.

sanjaymalik
July 3rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
Sir times re different this is same technology through which we are connected. Without any reation without even knowing or meeting each other we make friends and enemies both. This problem can be sorted out only by direct communication not by virtual world threads.
Baaki manne bhi log bhot bhunde lage hain bus metro kite chale jao 2-2 hajar ke chinese mobile pe "White white face dekhe dilwa beating fast sasura" lake poora khudka kare ja hain. Bus mein ise ise 15 admi 15 gaane chala ke nyu compitition kare hain kunse tein log faltu irritate howe hain.Kuch to katti fuhad gaane la de hain.

Well said Rakesh,
But accessive use of technology some time becames cause of nusense.

Jo instrument jis kam ki tahi bana rakha hai, wo a use karna chahiye. par log ek cheej ki kai bana den hai. theek kah hai bhai bas me khaskar appni local me full aawaj me desi gane alag alag bajavenge ar ek ka bhi samjh na aave.

Kabe kabe mera to isa jee kara kar ek aad ke kan pe rapta mar khich ke par kona fer rukna pade hai.

Uncle ji bhi saach kahe hain comminication tools are barriers to communication, log kam ki bat to kare kona char bhaiyan me baith ke ar phone pe lag ja hain edhar udhar ki fekan.

hemanthooda
July 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
But they are effective tools which are very handy when specially there is lack of time in day to day life..Baaki personally milne jaisi koi baat hain hee nahi...One must remember that technology is our servant not vice versa!!!!

anusha
July 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM
The communication gadjets should not be held responsible for this,for they facilitate long distance and virtual communication but their excessive use and use at wrong place at wrong timings should be held responsible.Like as quoted in the instances,people at parties are stuck to their mobiles,at get togethers,they are busy on public networks,and may be surfing too much of social networks in offices(as we do) is not justified.

cooljat
July 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Uncle ji,

Very valid viewpoint you've shared, fully agree with you here.

In recent times, tremendous R&D has been done on areas like communication specially internet & telecom. Nowadays you cannot imagine life without internet & mobile phones, these things have become basic necessaries. Though technologies always been helpful and ease life but if its used excessively or abused then there starts the problem.

The growth of cellphones and its users have been phenomenal, kind of telecom revolution I should say. I remember 10-15 years ago there were hardly any cellphones around but then thanks to Reliance guys who started the price war and there comes the revolution of different kind.

There were monochrome phones, then came the color one and after that mobile with cams and now even there's tv on mobile, I don't know what's next. Life is being more techy n' mechanical and gone are the days when people used to wait for Postmen or go far away to attend or make calls. Technology has made life more laid-back but complicated in a way.

Anyways, I myself hate when people use mobiles excessively like stick to cells in office, while driving or even in public gathering. It irritates when someone's cell starts ringing if you're in a meeting, discussing something or when ppl talk loudly in cinemas while watching movies.

I strongly believe there must be a code of conduct to use cells that's the only way to stop abuse be it cellphones or any other medium.

Cheers
Jit