PDA

View Full Version : Making of a True Soldier, an inspiring true story !! ..

cooljat
July 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

Today I want to share with you all a success story of active JL member against all odds n' adversity. That guy is Mukesh Samota (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?1100-mukeshkumar007) and story is about making his long cherished dream true. And dream was to be an army officer.

Well, for few of us it won't be a big deal but when you achieve something against all odds & adversity, it certainly makes a big deal n' gonna help more in such career.

I know Mukesh for more then 5 years n' we're more of bros then friends and being like elder bro I supported and scolded him many times. He belongs to a lower-middle farming family and completed graduation of his own, working n' studying together. After graduation he came to Jaipur for pursuing his IIM ambitions. He studied hard and also kept pursuing Masters in Economics. He couldn't make it to IIMs thou but one of his teacher (an IIM Lucknow alumni) said, don't feel low you've tremendous caliber, IIMs will regret.

I observed him a lot and found out that this guy is a man of ethics and driven by principles, stubborn n' quite short-tempered & true patriot. One day while discussion I suggested him that you won't survive in corporate world as its full of diplomacy, selfish, unethical n' money minded ppl and their ambition n' vision is to making money only & you're just opposite to them. I suggested him to go for Army instead, after givin' in a deep thought he came to realize that that's the only right way for him n' moreover it'll be beneficial for his long term vision to be a Social Entrepreneur.

He started preparing for CDS and made it to SSB interview every time, he performed really well in SSB tasks like physical tasks, 1-to-1 interview with senior officers but couldn't impress physiologist thus became Border case everytime. Officers quarlled to select the guy while physiologist denied. His Performance been top notch in every SSB he faced. Senior officers praised him couple of times n' said like how come is your vision so clear in such a small age .. most of today's young generation really don't know what they want in their life, you're quite a rare personality.

He kept preparing along with his hard & busy shedule like going to Taekwondo club early in morning to working overtime in office from cooking his own food to studying for his MA exams as well as MSc (computers) & few other competitive exams. He then joined a famous SSB coaching here in Jaipur run by a retd Colonel, he was impressed with Mukesh's zeal & exuberance. He adviced to Mukesh that he should prepare for civils rather than Army as he would be bored if there's no war or in peacetime, LOL :D !

He started preparing for Civils as well along with his final year of MA (Economics), Msc 3rd Sem (computers), CDS/OTA & work out & Office. I said him bhai don't do so much things together or you'll won't be able to cope with such overload but he was confident n' was sure of him and proved me wrong here. Successfully handling all things together, managed to clear RAS (Pre), completed MA (Eco) & reached in 4th Sem of MSc. Also appeared for IAS (Pre) done well. Finally he got a call for OTA SSB early this month from Allahabad, it was his 4th attempt. Went there performed really well there and topped indvidual physical tasks again & this time got recommanded. There wasn't any issue in medicals as he belong to alpha Jat race moreover was working out reguarly.

I felt great to hear about his success, finally he made it to OTA. He set an example here for all that if you're focued on your target and keep working really hard you'll get the triumph sooner then later, no matter what. 3D of success always is Discipline, Determination & Devotion. The Colonel who used to give him SSB training said I'm more then happy for your success. Its better you didn't get selected for very first attempt as you won't be able to get the feel of real Success after so much blood n' sweat. There're officers and True officers, I'm sure you would be a latter one.

It feels great to share his story as he rose against all odds with his firm determation & hard work. Makes him true warrior and certainly he is pride for our community. He certainly set example for our young gen from rural areas that if you believe in urself and work hard no one can stop urself to get ur goal.

I wish him all the best for future and may he get his fav regiment PARA (SF) and bring more laurels to family, friends & for Army & Country.

Salute to you bro .. keep rising n' thriving !!

Cheers
Jit

narendra81
July 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
quite an inspirational story....
congrats to mukesh. keep it up man.... and enjoy the success :)

jagmohan
July 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Dear Mukesh,

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE...

Gives me immense pleasure to know that you have been selected for OTA. Great. Go there and enjoy each and every bit. The friends you make in OTA will remain so throughout.

Remember: Brains and brawn, both are necessary. Be alert at all times. The minor tactics you learn in OTA will serve you well in future. 'Josh mein Hosh nahin khona'.

God Speed...

Best regards,

JS Malik

sjakhars
July 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I could not find myself that much happy ever in my life when I heard the news that Mukesh has been recommended for OTA. Only word came out of my mouth was "BRAVO MUKESH" and I remembered his pormise which he made to me and himself around 2 years ago that he will make it to forces one day. My eyes were moistened with happiness and felt myself if I have achieved this goal myself.

Thank you Mukesh for making me proud Bada bhai of an officer, you kept your words and this is my salute to my younger brother.
Mukesh is a gem of a person with all true qualities a human being can have. He is an emmotion driven person but has got great self-belief, determination and devotion to acheive his goals.

I will not go into details about his conditions and circumstances in which he has acheived the succcess as no one better than me can understand his position alongwith Jitender Takhar. I know Mukesh since I joined Jatland. I have seen him several times in Jaipur. Stayed with him, talked to him, discussed with him, argued with him many times.

I cant wait to see him now. The meeting is round the corner hopefully.

Fateh
July 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I could not find myself that much happy ever in my life when I heard the news that Mukesh has been recommended for OTA. Only word came out of my mouth was "BRAVO MUKESH" and I remembered his pormise which he made to me and himself around 2 years ago that he will make it to forces one day. My eyes were moistened with happiness and felt myself if I have achieved this goal myself.

Thank you Mukesh for making me proud Bada bhai of an officer, you kept your words and this is my salute to my younger brother.
Mukesh is a gem of a person with all true qualities a human being can have. He is an emmotion driven person but has got great self-belief, determination and devotion to acheive his goals.

I will not go into details about his conditions and circumstances in which he has acheived the succcess as no one better than me can understand his position alongwith Jitender Takhar. I know Mukesh since I joined Jatland. I have seen him several times in Jaipur. Stayed with him, talked to him, discussed with him, argued with him many times.

I cant wait to see him now. The meeting is round the corner hopefully.

Congratulations mukesh, weldone, people may think any thing & in money minded autmosphere, defence service has lost the top plateform where it remained for thousands years. I still consider defence service is the best even today, though my both children having qualified daughter at no one in order of marit for Airforce & son at third place in order of marit, couldnot join, daughter we didnot allow & son came back from OTA after one & half month due to ill treatment. I still feel there is no comparision with any other serice. soldiering is a different way of life which lucky people only enjoy. good luck, all the best mukesh. regards

hemanthooda
July 4th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Well done Mukesh & congrats!!!Hope it inspires fellow brothers!!!!

upendersingh
July 5th, 2010, 12:17 AM
For Mukesh Samota

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/graphics/6/congrats10.gif

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/graphics/6/support24.gif

JitendraK
July 5th, 2010, 01:55 PM
"Congrates Mukesh" its nice to hear ur story from Takhar. Thanks Takhar Bhai, pls keep posted this kind of true stories to update our Jat Bors.

prashantacmet
July 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Congratulation Mukesh!!. You really worked hard

singhvp
July 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Mukesh really deserves encomiums. The success achieved against heavy odds is always more significant and exemplary than the one achieved in congenial circumstances. Congratulations to him. Those who have perseverance and determination can achieve their goal come what may. Someone has rightly said:

हजार बर्क गिरे लाख आन्धिया चले,
वो फूल खिलके रहेन्गे जो खिलने वाले है

बर्क = बिजली

mukeshkumar007
July 5th, 2010, 05:16 PM
First of all, thank you all for your nice wishes. These words further encouraged me to resolute to continue the hard work with same spirit. I promise that I’ll do what I can to be a good/true officer and will do my duty with devotion once commissioned. Right now I’m focused about completing the training perfectly.

@Jit & Jakhar bhaishab >>.. Thank you so much for your words. By the way I strongly feel that I have yet to go miles in order to deserve the words your expressed here:o

although the things were odd on my way but when the question of survival comes then there remains only two ways, i.e. either quit or fight and I decided to fight without getting worried about the limited or inadequate resources. This all could became possible only because of some fine teaching imparted by my parents. I’m really very lucky to have a parents who not only encouraged me but continue showing faith in my ability inspite of continuous failures in almost every endeavor. I’m fortunate enough that God blessed me with adversities at early stage of life as fighting with them I could learn many things which I could have missed had it been an easy going life. I’m really thankful to God for what he has given to me. Ache parents, ache dost, aap jaise bade bhai, musibato se ladne ki takat, what more I can expect. It has been great learning so far nd I wish that I keep encountering with challenging situation throughout my life.
Anyway thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for all you support. I hope I’ll continue receiving the timely inputs and feedbacks from both of you. I tell you I need it :o

@ Jagmohan Uncleji >> Thank you very much for your words and guidance which helped me in cracking the SSB this time :o sure Uncleji, I’ll pay the due attention to each and every, minor or major tactics/things to be taught in academy.

@ Fateh Uncleji, >> Thank you uncleji for your wishes. Career in defense is like a passion for me and I’m very happy and excited that now I’ll be living my passion.

@ vpsingh >> Thank you uncleji.

@ Upender >> Thank you bhaishab for such a nice gift :o

Thank you Narendra, Hemant, Jitendra, Prashant, for your wishes and encouragement :o

anilsangwan
July 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Tons of congratulations Mukesh bhai !!! It is well deserved recognisition, God is bit late, but does not matter as far as you get your due. Keep it up. Conquer new heights everyday !!!

Cheers!

rajendersingh
July 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
dear mukesh,good , i must say you deserve a clap for getting a place in the long Q.KEEP YOUE FOCUS.ITS A VERY SMALL BEGINING. JUST THROW AWAY THE TAG OF ACHIVEMENT.I REPEAT ITS A SIMPLE BEGINING.SOME GET INTO THE Q WITH LESS EFFORTS THAN U.......ITS ALL..... ACHIEVE........THE PROCESS SHALL START FROM THE DAY U START YOUR YOUR DAY IN O T S , SORRY O T A ,26 YEARS BACK WHEN I JOINED THE Q,IT WAS OTS.

spskajla
July 6th, 2010, 09:39 PM
dear mukesh,good , i must say you deserve a clap for getting a place in the long Q.KEEP YOUE FOCUS.ITS A VERY SMALL BEGINING. JUST THROW AWAY THE TAG OF ACHIVEMENT.I REPEAT ITS A SIMPLE BEGINING.SOME GET INTO THE Q WITH LESS EFFORTS THAN U.......ITS ALL..... ACHIEVE........THE PROCESS SHALL START FROM THE DAY U START YOUR YOUR DAY IN O T S , SORRY O T A ,26 YEARS BACK WHEN I JOINED THE Q,IT WAS OTS.
well done mukesh. just keep in mind that itz the begining only, not the end. you will achieve still greater heights.....wishes.

deependra
July 7th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Kudos to you Mukesh!!. You are the proud of our community and you have set the example for others and shown a way how - "When the going gets tough, the tough keeps on going". Wish you all the best for all ur future endeavors.
Additionally you will look a handsome Officer Bro :)

raj_rathee
July 7th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Great going Mukesh. Impressive show.
Wish you the best at the academy.

jitendershooda
July 7th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Bahut bahut Mubarak Ho, Mukesh!!! Sooner or later Hard work pays. Keep it up.

nikkita
July 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM
m really inspired frm dis story of a gr8 warrior ...vo kaha hai na kisi ne ki chaho to kya hai mushkil sab kuch aasan hota hai ...par haan inke liye thoda waqt laga par at last unhone vo manzil haasil ki zinki unko chaah thi nnn really frm my heart SALUTE TO DIS GR8 MAN .......hume b sikha chaiye inse....gud job sir..

spdeshwal
July 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Mukesh Bhai!

I still remember that discussion when you had raised doubts about the integrity of the SSB and Col. Jagmohan and i think also Col. Tevathia ji made some positive observation that kept you going and ultimately you realized your dream. It is never late. In my opinion, you have gained a lots of maturity and wisdom during this period that you would have missed.

Wish you all the best for the noblest career you have chosen!

Sateypal

VirJ
July 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Well Done, Mukesh. All the best for future.

mukeshkumar007
July 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Thank you Anil bhai, Rajendra uncleji, Kajla ji, Deepender bhai, Raj bhaishab, Jitender bhaishab, Nikkita, Deshwal bhaishab and vipin for your wishes. Thank you so much. :)

@ Deshwal bhaishab >> You are true in what you said. Failures in previous attempts inspired/motivated me to work hard on my gray areas and this gave me immense learning.This will really help me in doing the justice with the requirement of the Job.

sidchhikara
July 8th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Congratulations Mukesh .... hope you have a great time in your training and service.

rajsindhu
July 8th, 2010, 08:23 PM
congrats mukesh bhai!!!!
after hearing ur story i remembered one quote
"the only alternate of hardwork is hardwork"
all the best!!!!

raj2rif
July 10th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Dear Mukesh,
Heartiest congratulations on your well deserved success.
The training at Academy and later in your service is going to be tough; but when the going gets tough; the tough gets going.
Your resolve proves the old age saying: " usually success is just one step away when most people give up".
We the entire jat community are proud of your achievement; but remember this is just the beginning of a long journey. Human tendency is to follow the path of least resistance. When you pass out and take the final step from the Drill Square to officially become an officer; you will be reading an oath; my sincere advise is "Just follow that oath in letter and spirit; in good times and during the hours of adversities, and you will never go wrong. Hard work and Honesty must be the key to any successful person.
I am sure we will hear more about your achievements in years to come.
Once again heartiest congratulations.

jakharanil
July 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Congratulations Mukesh........... keep rock>>>

rameshlakra
July 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Whenever a jatlander or for that matter a Jat does well - It always feel so good. Mukesh have been known to me only through his matured post, and, the impression that i have, has been rightly put in earlier posts - is that of a matured and clear thinking guy at a tender age.
My advice is same as the senior members have given- this is just the beginning.
Try to do well, without over-exerting yourself.
I had passed out of NDA in the year 1997, the training was tougher than. Always remember it is not the body that sees you through, its the mind.
All the best.
please feel free if there is anything i can do for you.

mukeshkumar007
July 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thank you so much to you all for your wishes. I'll continue putting my best.

Dear Mukesh,

The training at Academy and later in your service is going to be tough; but when the going gets tough; the tough gets going.
Your resolve proves the old age saying: " usually success is just one step away when most people give up".
We the entire jat community are proud of your achievement; but remember this is just the beginning of a long journey. Human tendency is to follow the path of least resistance. When you pass out and take the final step from the Drill Square to officially become an officer; you will be reading an oath; my sincere advise is "Just follow that oath in letter and spirit;

Thank you uncleji for your guidance. I'll follow your advise in letter nd spirit :)

nkumars83
July 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Congratulations Mukesh ji, Great.

rajanisingh20
July 13th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Heartiest Congratulations from my side Mukesh....Wish u all the Best 4 ur life.....GOD Bless U.....:)

ravichaudhary
July 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Never give up

Well done

Ravi Chaudhary

sitaram
July 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Bahut khoob Samota Saheb,

shabaaashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh