PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

bls31
July 22nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
ONCOLOGY OPD (http://signalsingh.blogspot.com/2010/07/oncology-opd.html)

I drop Jeet at the entrance to the hospital lobby and drive to the parking-lot to rush back to where she waits alone and a bit forlorn. We enter the chaotic world, the lobby; once again I leave her to wait patiently: ‘patience’ has become a way of life with us by now, and joins the long and crawling queue at the reception.
With the registration card, finally, in my hand and with Jeet following, we are permitted to the entry the restricted Oncology OPD. Jeet takes a vacant seat in the front row; strangely the rear rows are full, leaving the front one’s vacant. I with her papers, approach the OPD reception for registration.
I keep glancing back at her as the line moves forward; Jeet is looking straight ahead eyes unfocused, deep in her own apprehensions and worries; possibly she gives me a wane smile as I approach.
I come and occupy the seat next to her and await our turn with Dr Ghosh with whom I have already fixed an appointment on phone.
I look back and around at the sad spectacle: the affected toddlers in laps of desolate looking parents, the elderly in wheel-chairs with, disinterested paid, attendants and also fit looking young of both sexes men and women; forlorn and in no apparent hurry, patiently waiting their turn with glum continence, possibly trying to postpone the diagnosis or the treatment as long as possible.
There are no smiles on the faces of those around and very little talk, if at all, it is in whispers. A near silence is prevailing; a silence of a morgue
The grim scene confirms once again, if one is required, of the cruelty and viciousness of Cancer, it has no consideration for age or gender. Cancer can and does hit any one, at any time and without any warning.

At last our number comes, the sister on duty beckons and I in lead with Jeet closely following enter the inner chamber and knock on the door of the cubical with the name plate of Dr Ghosh.

How strange that once again I am going to trust and place the well being,trust, of one, who matters the most to me, in the hands of some one whom I am yet to face. The question, if I am taking the right decision, is still haunting me, even as we enter the doctor’s chamber.

BLS31

neelam81
September 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I don't know much about cancer and its symptoms but read a little on internet. But, one of my college girl told me that solution for cancer is now sorted out. How much true it is I'm not aware but I just heard it from my college girl.

God knows what He is doing and with whom. But what humans are doing. I was having some conversation with one of my friend and he said if the person he loves is diagnosed as cancer patient he won't marry that person. So, it just means we girls also should step back and kick off all the men whoever approaches us for marriage as we also not sure when he can get ill and we might have to take care of him. Isn't it? A boy can spend his life as single but what about the girl as she cannot be accepted by parents (afterall till when they will take care of their child like that and also if she has brother/s then after her bhabhi comes at home will she be given that love, care n regard). If a girl decides to live single then this world is very cruel and even the sansthans like Brahma Kumaris are not good. Then who will look after her? Anyways, without saying more I hope man will change his outlook and will understand the importance of companion in each other's life. Bramha Kumaris are on the way to teach how to break the relationship by picking a person's weak points. God is watching them for their wrong teachings and will give them a perfect lesson very soon for all this.

Neelam Choudhary

bls31
September 30th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I agree. Charity begins at home. My son is in close friendship with some one and she is a cancer patient. bls31

neelam81
October 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I agree. Charity begins at home. My son is in close friendship with some one and she is a cancer patient. bls31

Right sir!! May God bless her long, healthy and joyful life!! :)

spdeshwal
October 17th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Neelam Ji

I would agree with your point of view but partly.
If someone enters into that kind of relationship, knowing his or her physical health would be out of sympathy but not love. So the level of commitment would be different.
If the love happened before the person was attacked by the deadly disease then it would be inhumane to break the commitment. It should apply to both male or female.
Although, in arranged marriages, physical and mental health is the main criterion to form any short of commitment but one should be sympathetic and compassionate to the sufferer. Withholding any information about any health condition would be an act of deceit.
Nevertheless, love and compassion helps the patient to fight this monster!

neelam81
October 18th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Neelam Ji

If someone enters into that kind of relationship, knowing his or her physical health would be out of sympathy but not love. So the level of commitment would be different.
If the love happened before the person was attacked by the deadly disease then it would be inhumane to break the commitment. It should apply to both male or female.
Although, in arranged marriages, physical and mental health is the main criterion to form any short of commitment but one should be sympathetic and compassionate to the sufferer. Withholding any information about any health condition would be an act of deceit.

Right Sir! I agree with your views but if I hear such things who is considered sensible in my opinion then I'll reject for such guy's proposal. I would better take care of myself and will hold the hand of that person who is left alone for a reason which is not in his hand and it would be not out of sympathy or pity but to make a weak person strong and give him life.

Second thing, I don't believe in love kind things as it always happens truely when two people share life together. Togetherness only teaches people to learn, grow and enjoy.

Exceptions are in the case of parents only and as a girl I cannot convince parents for such proposal b'coz they always try to give the best to their child and want to see him/her always smiling. Itna kar sakti hun ki mujhe pata chal jaaye ladke ki aisi problem ka to usey swear on God karwa dun ki mere parents ya relatives ko na bataye as if such person can fight for such problem then I would love to make his fight simpler. People might think me impractical at such opinion but its very true that yes I would accept such person happily instead of an extra smart, sensible or rich person. I just love to help weaker with all good deeds as much as I can do so that one can catch the pace what others are having and become an inspiration for other weaker person.

Jab kamal keechad mein khil sakta hai, rose kaanton ke beech saj sakta hai to bimariyon ko theek se analyse karke life healthy bhi banayi jaa sakti hai but with a good support. Without support a tree like father cannot give shadow to children and neither earth like mother can provide us valuable things. Its all in support, team work and coordination.

ritu
December 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Elizabeth edwards died yesterday due to this disease only.may god bless peace and painless feeling to the departed soul.she also suffered so much .loss of young kid and betrayal by husband after the diagnosis few months before her death.her last message on facebook was..The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that."

vdhillon
December 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Neelam Ji

Deshwal saab, aapne saari baton ka nichod poori tarah acche se nikaal diya... 100% agree with the whole post, nothing more to add.

pragati
December 14th, 2010, 09:15 PM

One of my friend was married to a boy who had cancer. My friend came to know this after more than one year when she was blessed with a baby girl. The bad part is that her husband and his family know that before marriage but they hide because they want to marry their son. Her husband is no more now. That is such a bad case, how few people destroyed life of a girl...