PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand TV host intentionally insults Delhi CM

Samarkadian
October 7th, 2010, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ6Kuyi9Omg

After watching this clip if someone still thinks and opine about mannerisms and ettitquites, they shall re consider their opinions. Sushil was unintentional and this guy is purely intentional..

================================================

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20101006/364/twl-new-zealand-tv-host-suspended-for-mi.html

The Video Extras section of TVNZ's website promoted the Dikshit clip, which now appears to have been removed, under the heading "Paul Henry laughs about the name Dikshit", Stuff.co.nz reports.

"The dip **** woman. God, what's her name? Dick ****. Is it Dick **** ... it looks like 'Dick ****'. It's so appropriate, because she's Indian, so she'd be dick-in-**** wouldn't she, do you know what I mean? Walking along the street ... it's just so funny," Henry said

**** = Sh*t

spdeshwal
October 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Samar bhai

TVNZ has taken action against him suspended him immediately.
This is is not the first time that this idiot has been in news for wrong reasons. He was widely criticized for calling British singer Susan Boyle "retarded"

dkumars
October 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I loved your concern about Sushil ... I mean seriously. You are a true Jat.
Thanks Deshwal bhai ji for clarifying and updating us.
There is no dearth of such freaks in this world, be it India or Aus or any western country.

In fact, sometimes I enjoy that as humor. I am sure you must have heard Peter Russell. Why dont you make him an issue here. The thread will be a big hit, I assure you. Not like this one with couple of replies only :)

kapdal
October 7th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I think we should all chew gum as a mark of protest. I already chewed one while talking to a Kiwi colleague and also blew a gubbara.

singhvp
October 7th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Action taken against the guy is a testimony to the fact that indecent/inappropriate behaviour on public functions/programmes is reprehensible.

VPannu
October 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
The Indian government expressed its displeasure and summoned the New Zealand high commissioner over the issue, The Indian Express reported.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/sheila-dikshit-slur-has-shamed-our-country-john-key/story-fn65k7vp-1225936125320

Samarkadian
October 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Seems like Indian External Ministry is busy in summoning High Commisioners from Aus continent.

Victoria Police department joking in a racist mail circulation about treatment of Indian students.

The officers circulated video footage of the death of a man who was travelling on the roof of a crowded train in India and suggested it could be a way to fix Melbourne's Indian students' problem, according to a report in the Herald Sun.

When the train stopped at a station the man stood up and touched an overhead power cable. Onlookers screamed as he was electrocuted.

The email containing the shocking video began circulating in the Victoria police computer system and racist comments were added, suggesting 'this might be a way to fix the Indian student problem'.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20101009/812/tnl-australian-envoy-summoned-over-cops.html

singhvp
October 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Seems like Indian External Ministry is busy in summoning High Commisioners from Aus continent.

Victoria Police department joking in a racist mail circulation about treatment of Indian students.

The officers circulated video footage of the death of a man who was travelling on the roof of a crowded train in India and suggested it could be a way to fix Melbourne's Indian students' problem, according to a report in the Herald Sun.

When the train stopped at a station the man stood up and touched an overhead power cable. Onlookers screamed as he was electrocuted.

The email containing the shocking video began circulating in the Victoria police computer system and racist comments were added, suggesting 'this might be a way to fix the Indian student problem'.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20101009/812/tnl-australian-envoy-summoned-over-cops.html

Samar, this is the established diplomatic channel of registering protest by one country to another country in such matters. Would you like to suggest any other measures for our information ?

Samarkadian
October 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Samar, this is the established diplomatic channel of registering protest by one country to another country in such matters. Would you like to suggest any other measures for our information ?

Mr Singh , where did you smell my objection about the channel. I just reported an incident.

yudhvirmor
October 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
5-10 years down the line everything will be ok.. Majority of world's population still think that India is poor and undeveloped country.. I never heard mistreatment of Japanese students or tourists though they are also asians. Unfortunately respect comes with spending power in today's world.

I don't think anybody dare to ill-treat Ambanis or Mittal anywhere in world.

Isn't it positive step that Govt of Australia is taking actions against those police officers..

I am not sure if we ever raised any objection when we see Delhi Policeman misbehaving or scolding North East students. However, Delhi police is one of the most professional police force of our country.

63000 indian students enrolled in different courses for Australian universities in 2007. Many of them may be trying to take PR/employment in Australia. They put some pressure on employment opportunities and on local population also. so, some obnoxious weeds try to take advantage of explosive situation and make these type of racial comments..

vicky84
October 9th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Samar, Racial slurs are coming from everywhere. It's not only from Australia. English archery coach told an Indian coach to f*** off.

South African Swimmer made a racial comment towards the spectators.

Ronald Schoeman was almost disqualified when at the start when he fell into the pool because he got distracted by crowd noise.

Just after the swimming when being asked, he goes, the crowd behavior at pool is absolute disgrace.

One guy in the stands just shouting and shouting.

It's unacceptable to be at a professional event like this and have people going on like monkeys. This event is a absolute joke.

Responding to this all drama at pool, I am quoting few lines from Herald Sun.

At the morning's official press conference, organising committee secretary-general Lalit Bhanot took the complaints about monkeys literally.

Bhanot was not aware of the complaints, and felt Delhi's wildlife was at issue.

''We know especially at the swimming pool there are a lot of monkeys and we have made efforts to keep them away from the swimming pool.''

Is Bhanot out of mind or what. Does he know what he is saying ? And Does he really know what is happening around?

singhvp
October 9th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Mr Singh , where did you smell my objection about the channel. I just reported an incident.

Samar I have solicited your suggestions for more effective measures to stop racial slur in Australian continent or anywhere else. I clarify that I do not smell any rat in your intention of reporting this incident. Thanks for sharing the information.

upendersingh
October 10th, 2010, 01:24 AM
@Topic

I think as Pakistan is highly jealous of India due to being beaten many times, in same way Kiwis, Aussies and other British origined people around the world have enmity towards Indians. I think it is so because Indians not only kicked them out of India snatching all their works done here, but got them down in SA and Zimbabwe like countries too. That frustration and jealousy come out in such a way that a socalled educated Kiwi doesn't hesitate to insult even a old lady.

vicky84
October 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM
After watching this clip if someone still thinks and opine about mannerisms and ettitquites, they shall re consider their opinions. Sushil was unintentional and this guy is purely intentional..

Not sure whether these remarks about India are intentional or not but I thought it is interesting enough to share.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/illness-cant-be-such-a-factor-in-a-major-games-says-grant-hackett/story-fn65k7vp-1225936528796

Illness can't be such a factor in a major Games, says Grant Hackett

Yet there is one reason alone that a nation like India should never be able to host an event like this again

The reality is not everyone can stomach India.

It is a colourful nation with a proud history that now boasts the worlds second fastest growing economy.

The problem is how many stories do you hear from friends and family of how when they take a holiday to India they have ended up with some sort of illness?

It could be from the water, the food or lack of sanitation in certain areas.

These aren't huge concerns if you're travelling as tourist.
A 24-hour bug can just mean a few extra hours in bed and missing out on a night on the drink.

But for an athlete, it is a disaster.

Four years or a lifetime of training, an unwavering commitment to your craft may have been devoted to a Commonwealth Games.

And in Delhi that could be lost in a mouthful of water in the shower or - even worse - the warm-up pool.

Things out of the ordinary can happen that you could never plan for.

I remember attending the World Short Course Championships in Moscow in 2002, when the team was decimated by food poisoning.

On the way home, four members of the team were not allowed back on the flight in Singapore!

Poor old Ashley Callus had to be carried from the plane - that's how sick the swimmers were during the meet.

Imagine if you got that sick during an Olympic Games

It is cruel.

The reality is that the home advantage for some countries - in more ways than one - can mean the demise for participating foreigners.

Take, for instance, the swimmers, such as Robert Hurley, Andrew Lauterstein and now 40 English swimmers - Delhi belly is claiming victim after victim.

Hurley lost gold by a 10th of a second; you can't tell me that margin couldn't be made up if he was 100 per cent fit.

It's perhaps another argument they should never have chosen Delhi.

Could you imagine anybody getting food poisoning in Hamilton, Canada?

The success of these events should be judged on the athletes' performances alone and not be compromised by sanitation issues.

It would never happen on the fabulous Gold Coast!

Samarkadian
October 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Atish , that is another pissboy.

Arvindc
October 10th, 2010, 05:56 PM

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20101006/364/twl-new-zealand-tv-host-suspended-for-mi.html

Not undermining the extremely condemnable behavior, it is also important to elect persons, at the high positions like CM and PM, who are true leaders. A true leadership personality acts as a deterrent against such types of jokes.

An example of this is with Bill Clinton. He held a high respect, however, after the exposure of the 'sex' scandal (Lewinsky scandal), lot of jokes got associated with his name.

singhvp
October 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Controversial Kiwi Anchor resigned, reported BBC. Given below is the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11510624?utm

vicky84
October 11th, 2010, 04:15 AM
An example of this is with Gorge Bush. He held a high respect, however, after the exposure of the 'sex' scandal, lot of jokes got associated with his name.

George Bush ya Bill Clinton?

Arvindc
October 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Bill Clinton. Thanks Atish for the correction