PDA

View Full Version : A few minutes of happiness v/s a lot of pollution

kuldeephmh
November 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hello there!
Kya aap dipawali pr pathake jalaten hai?
agar haan to kya aap jaante hai ki aapki ku6 minutes ki khushiyaan environment ko kitna pollution deti hai? aur jb isi trah har ek pathake jalane me busy hota hai to is se hone wale pollution ka andaaza aap khud hi laga sakte hai...jaha ek ek pathake se hone wala pollution count hota hai vahan maine ku6 padhe likhe samjhdaar log aise bhi dekhe h jo har baar 3-4 K k pathake jala dete hai aur unse pu6ne prr kehte hai ki kisne dekha h pollution? hamare paas rupey hai hum jalayenge..aapko kya? ek din hi to milta hai khushi manane ko....
m pi6le 7 Yrs. se pathake nhi jala rha......aur jaha tk hota hai logo ko na jalane ki request krta hu...
Aap bhi aisa ku6 krte hai? ya nhi krte!:confused:
apne vichaar yahaan likhen....padhkar khushi hogi aur ku6 samjhne ka mouka bhi milega; ho sakta hai aapki baat padhkar koi is baar ki dipawali se pathake na jalane ka man bana le....

Thanks

kuldeephmh
November 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
key baat hoi ???? Jatland me sara ka sara pathaka jalaanvaniya hi hai key?
2 din ho gye koi b likhne wala nhi aaya...

narendersingh
November 5th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Pathakey baaz rahey sahnn aur dhumaa aakhaa mein rarkan lag raha sah

kuldeephmh
November 6th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Thanks for you reply Narender ji,
pehlaam to aap new batao k yo dhooma kite aapke pathakaan te to nhi nikdaa hai........

vikasJAT
November 6th, 2010, 07:23 PM
bhai mane to kal sirf 200 rupees k he patakhe jalaye........sochi kyu pollution kara....................

narendersingh
November 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM
yahan to khurka suna, balakaan to khub phodey deelee mein. Mein to bahar gaya hua hun

deependra
November 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
A child's mind is like soft clay. The responsibility to shape a child's life lies in the hands of his/her parents.
If trained and taught properly, they can behave responsibly, irrespective of their young age.

Many parents, who can afford to buy expensive firecrackers, go all out and splurge on such items for the happiness and enjoyment of their children.

As a parent, have you ever spared a thought for those numerous poor children who are employed at the firecracker industry and who toil day and night making the same crackers that your children burn in a minutes' time? You already know that firecrackers are made using poisonous chemicals and you ask your children to wash their hands properly after bursting such crackers.
Do you think about the poor children who work day in and day out in the firecracker industry, breathing poisonous gases and coming into direct contact with the very same chemicals. Many have had freak accidents in which they get burnt, hurt or even disfigured.
Do you have pity on them?

Try breathing the smoke that gets released from the crackers burst by your children and you will know how difficult it is for people with breathing problems to cope with the after effects of your actions. The left-overs of the burnt crackers are also hazardous for everyone.
Take responsibility of preserving the bionomic balance. Stop the pollution.

Diwali night is too short for you. You burst noisy crackers till the wee hours of the morning, sometimes the enjoyment continues onto the next night as well. The same night is never-ending for the elderly people in your neighbourhood. They cannot sleep and feel restless due to the noise created by the crackers.

Pay a visit to the nearby hospital and you will realise how many people get injured while bursting crackers. The truth is stark. Young children burn themselves badly, which not only leaves ugly scars on their bodies, but, on their minds as well.

It is time for you to make a stand.
Are you a responsible citizen?
Are you setting the right example for your children to follow?
Think about it and act according to your conscience.

vicky84
November 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Hello there!
Kya aap dipawali pr pathake jalaten hai?

Na bhai..6 saal hoge bina pathake jalaye...

kuldeephmh
November 7th, 2010, 07:40 PM
A child's mind is like soft clay. The responsibility to shape a child's life lies in the hands of his/her parents.
If trained and taught properly, they can behave responsibly, irrespective of their young age.

Many parents, who can afford to buy expensive firecrackers, go all out and splurge on such items for the happiness and enjoyment of their children.

As a parent, have you ev.....

I am with you bhai......

kuldeephmh
November 7th, 2010, 07:41 PM

gud.... bhut ac6e brother.....I am proud of you infect every one should feel proud on your efforts to save nature.
Thanks.
Get united to save nature and it's resources.
Go Green.

malikdeepak1
November 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
It is a good effort to save our environment but not enough. Every year on diwali noise and air pollution both increases despite many people backing out on firing crackers!!
I have stopped firing crackers for the past 9 years. Interest hi nahi rha. But what else did i do to save the environment? if one person stops there are many others who grow up every year and start firing crackers.

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/national/general/5_1_6882290.html (http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/national/general/5_1_6882290.html)

I was amazed to see my neighbor's 9 year old son lighting anar in his hand. Even more when i saw his father sitting nearby and watching him play with crackers like this.. Bijli bum ki puri ladi ne hath me pakad ke, mombatti te sulga ke, er hawa me fenk de tha fed den si. Mkha guga tham ja, aap to jalega ora ne bhi jalawega. But of no use.

Until and unless everyone comes together to stop this, our sole contribution to save environment is not going to be enough!

VirJ
November 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Whats the effect of pataka's pollution on environment? I mean how big is it? Can someone provide the report?

Travelling by metro 1 month in a year by 1 person vs Travelling by car by 1 person vs Pataka pollution by 1 person in whole year vs keeping house and street clean by 1 person each day. Which one has larger impact?

vicky84
November 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Whats the effect of pataka's pollution on environment? I mean how big is it? Can someone provide the report?

Travelling by metro 1 month in a year by 1 person vs Travelling by car by 1 person vs Pataka pollution by 1 person in whole year vs keeping house and street clean by 1 person each day. Which one has larger impact?

Wrong comparison or may be wrong perception.

VirJ
November 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Correct it then!

singhvp
November 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM

विपिन, आलू और सेब की तुलना करना शायद तर्कसंगत नहीं I जहाँ तक बात पटाखा फोड़ने की है तो इसके नुक्सान ही नुकसान हैं I एक आदमी एक पटाखे से काम नहीं चलाता I
कई हज़रत तो पूरी पेटी की पेटी को आग लगाते हैं I इस से वातावरण निश्चित रूप से दूषित होता है बड़े पैमाने पर और पैसे की बर्बादी होती है I अमीर लोगों की तो हर रोज़ दीवाली होती है मगर
इस त्यौहार पर गरीबों का सिर्फ दिवाला निकलता है I मिठाइयों के नाम पर सिर्फ ज़हर बिकता है बाजारों में I इस घर फूंक तमाशे के पीछे कोई खास तर्क भी नजर नहीं आता I अधिकांश लोग लकीर के फ़कीर होते हैं और एक दूसरे की देखा देखी बहूत सारे काम फालतू में किये चले जाते हैं I खासकर मुनाफाखोर व्यापारियों की यह मान्यता रही है की लक्ष्मी जी के पूजन से उनकी तिजोरियां और बैंक खाते लबालब भरे रहेंगे I इसका आयोजन सिर्फ मनघडंत कहानियों और किम्वदंतियों से प्रेरित है I मनोरंजन की द्रष्टि से भी आज के युग में इसका कोई खास महत्त्व नहीं है I यह त्यौहार अन्धविश्वास और जुआखोरी को बढ़ावा देता है I जेब में माल हो तो दीवाली कभी भी मनाई जा सकती है बिना शोर शराबे के, बिना वातावरण दूषित किये और बिना पड़ोसियों को distrub किये.

VirJ
November 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM
VP ji, What I was saying is that there are lot of other ways through which we pollute environment. Some people talk about pataka pollution but ignore day to day pollution which they do. These pollution are much bigger then one day pataka pollution. Comparing one form of pollution to other isnt comparing aalo and apple. Some one above mentioned "go green". I havent seen anyone complaining on diwali(for noise pollution) like I havent seen anyone complaining on Faag for coloring their clothes. However if people's mindset is changed on this, then I am surely wrong. Paise ki barbadi to jo aap whisky peete hen usse bahot jayada hoti he compared to pataka. Compare what you spend on diwali in 1 day to what you spend on whisky in a year!. And its not मनघडंत stories. Our civilisation is based on that and I do believe in Ram and Ramayan. Its a faith, same way as people believe in moses, ibrahim, maryam and budha. In short, first we should try to stop the day to day pollution which we do. Pataka pollution isnt that big. It just happen once in a year, its just minor compared to other sort of pollution we do everyday. Don't we see that?

malikdeepak1
November 8th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Travelling by bus/train/metro is a NECESSITY, while burning crackers is not!

sanjaymalik
November 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM
maka balaka n kuchh kar do ke na, saal me ek din patake phode sain. ar gama me to itna polution na hota.han sahar me kai guna badh ja hai polution.

akshaymalik84
November 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM

han..patake kit....pichle 6 saal se to 'BUMB e fodan lag rya sai tu....;):rock

Baaki bhai jiska jee kare wo fod lyo.....jiske dame ki bimari ho wo bahar likdan ki taal maro.....kuch na hota pollution te kham kha ka howwa bana rakhya hai...

VirJ
November 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Travelling by bus/train/metro is a NECESSITY, while burning crackers is not!

I meant shunning car for public transport for at least a month. Lot of time car isnt necessity for many, it just luxary or comfort or status. Crux is one day cracker pollution is acceptable at least to me.

vicky84
November 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Correct it then!

First, firing a cracker is for an entertainment while travelling by a car is not meant for an entertainment. Basically it’s an individual necessity. For example, if i need to commute to work where there is no public transport facility, then I might need to arrange my own transport. I cannot live without going to my work but I can live without firing a cracker.

Second, as you said which one has a bigger impact? Yes the greenhouse gas emission could be more in one case but you cannot give a green light to second one because emission is lesser in than first one. For example, Industries can pollute more environment than pollution by motorist. But that does not mean that we should not opt for CNG as they produce lesser carbon emission than industries.

vicky84
November 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
han..patake kit....pichle 6 saal se to 'BUMB e fodan lag rya sai tu....;):rock

Baaki bhai jiska jee kare wo fod lyo.....jiske dame ki bimari ho wo bahar likdan ki taal maro.....kuch na hota pollution te kham kha ka howwa bana rakhya hai...

Bumb, Pathake..aapka kehne ka matlab kya hai :D

VirJ
November 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
First, firing a cracker is for an entertainment while travelling by a car is not meant for an entertainment. Basically it’s an individual necessity. For example, if i need to commute to work where there is no public transport facility, then I might need to arrange my own transport. I cannot live without going to my work but I can live without firing a cracker.

Second, as you said which one has a bigger impact? Yes the greenhouse gas emission could be more in one case but you cannot give a green light to second one because emission is lesser in than first one. For example, Industries can pollute more environment than pollution by motorist. But that does not mean that we should not opt for CNG as they produce lesser carbon emission than industries.

I mentioned the below earlier.

I meant shunning car for public transport for at least a month. Lot of time car isnt necessity for many, it just luxary or comfort or status. Crux is one day cracker pollution is acceptable at least to me..

Anyway the comparision through examples, I gave, were hypothetical and not to be literally compared by analysts by the face value.

singhvp
November 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I meant shunning car for public transport for at least a month. Lot of time car isnt necessity for many, it just luxary or comfort or status. Crux is one day cracker pollution is acceptable at least to me.

It is true that for many people car is more a luxury and status symbol than a necessity. The use of car can be minimized without facing any real hardship where public transport is easily available, if people are conscious and genuinely concerned about the cause of green and pollution free environment. Government must emulate the example of metropolitan cities like London and impose levy on use of cars in the crowed places/central zones.

singhvp
November 8th, 2010, 07:21 PM
VP ji, What I was saying is that there are lot of other ways through which we pollute environment. Some people talk about pataka pollution but ignore day to day pollution which they do. These pollution are much bigger then one day pataka pollution. Comparing one form of pollution to other isnt comparing aalo and apple. Some one above mentioned "go green". I havent seen anyone complaining on diwali(for noise pollution) like I havent seen anyone complaining on Faag for coloring their clothes. However if people's mindset is changed on this, then I am surely wrong. Paise ki barbadi to jo aap whisky peete hen usse bahot jayada hoti he compared to pataka. Compare what you spend on diwali in 1 day to what you spend on whisky in a year!. And its not मनघडंत stories. Our civilisation is based on that and I do believe in Ram and Ramayan. Its a faith, same way as people believe in moses, ibrahim, maryam and budha. In short, first we should try to stop the day to day pollution which we do. Pataka pollution isnt that big. It just happen once in a year, its just minor compared to other sort of pollution we do everyday. Don't we see that?

Vipin, mindset is changing gradually and there are many people, especially well educated youth, who no more espouse many rituals including outmoded ways of celebration of certain festivals like Diwali or Faag. Over the years campaign to save environment from green house gas effects has been gaining ground world over and India is not far behind in the green movement. It is valid argument that we must stop other kinds of day to day pollution also which includes noise pollution caused by loudspeakers at public places, smoking and excessive use of carbonated fuel (cars).

raj_rathee
November 9th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I can't imagine celebrating Diwali without firecrackers. Just wouldn't be the same.
Frankly, for many of us that is more than 50% of what Diwali is all about.

In any case, I don't think going stone cold w.r.t. firecrackers, self guided or law enforced, is something that would work.

However, I think local community initiated efforts to "reduce" pollution maybe something
that can work here. This can take the form of combined street level celebrations:
i..e street residents pool money and limit the firecrackers rather than individual families/kids doing their own thing. It would be more fun, can be used to limit the
amount of firecrackers used, and still not rob us of this importatn aspect of Diwali.

Even broader objective may be to use central areas (e.g. market squares in sectors and
colonies) to have public firedisplays, or community sponsored events...not unlike the community based Ravan burning that happens around Dusshera.

vicky84
November 9th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I mentioned the below earlier.

Anyway the comparision through examples, I gave, were hypothetical and not to be literally compared by analysts by the face value.
I think you missed my second point.

Second, as you said which one has a bigger impact? Yes the greenhouse gas emission could be more in one case but you cannot give a green light to second one because emission is lesser than first one. For example, Industries can pollute more environment than pollution by motorist. But that does not mean that we should not opt for CNG as they produce lesser carbon emission than industries.

VirJ
November 9th, 2010, 05:15 AM
No I just ignored it because I wasn't ever agruing on that point. I was just saying I have seen same people(not you, in general) polluting day to day environment and talk about one day pollution which is part and parcel of our culture now. There must be a correlation in our actions/talks otherwise they would just look 'cafe talks'. VP said "educated youth" is moving away from faag. What education has to do with playing faag?

Vipin, mindset is changing gradually and there are many people, especially well educated youth, who no more espouse many rituals including outmoded ways of celebration of certain festivals like Diwali or Faag.

vicky84
November 9th, 2010, 06:09 AM
No I just ignored it because I wasn't ever agruing on that point. I was just saying I have seen same people(not you, in general) polluting day to day environment and talk about one day pollution which is part and parcel of our culture now. There must be a correlation in our actions otherwise they would just look 'cafe talks'. VP said "educated youth" is moving away from faag. What education has to do with playing faag?

A bad thing is a bad thing. Similarly a bad practice or bad custom is bad. O.P has no where defended the pollution caused by motor vehicles or by some other means. He is just saying that..We should cut down the pollution caused by fire crackers.If you think someone else being hypocrite on that then you can discuss that on another thread. One can argue that it's part of our custom to fire crackers but that does not mean following a bad custom or practice is a way to go. How many customs have changed over the years for the better? A constant change for the better. I would not defend a custom which is bad because it's a custom or a ritual. What would I do is point out the bad practices and the ways to tackle them. For example, in this thread Mr. Raj Rathee has aptly pointed it out and suggested a better way to deal with it.

Even broader objective may be to use central areas (e.g. market squares in sectors and
colonies) to have public firedisplays, or community sponsored events...not unlike the community based Ravan burning that happens around Dusshera.

VirJ
November 9th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Again!! I wonder if you have read these lines in your quoted post :There must be a correlation in our actions otherwise they would just look 'cafe talks'. All I was saying is I have seen same people who talk about diwali pollution, polluting our surrounding worsly than diwali crackers. Unless there is a corelation between the actions ,to me, they just look empty talks. This is like we become eco guys for one day and next day we are same again. I also agree with Raj(thats not what you were saying) and thats the way I celebrate it. As he said I also cant imagine diwali without crackers. I personally dont fire too many crackers but I buy crackers for my nephews. I keep an eye on them while they do it. If crackers are to be banned then the whole glow of diwali would go.

Lets leave this here. Its being repeated too much. Lets give other a chance to speak.

vicky84
November 9th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Again!! I wonder if you have read these lines your quoted post :There must be a correlation in our actions otherwise they would just look 'cafe talks'. All I was saying is I have seen same people who talk about diwali pollution, polluting our surrounding worsly than diwali crackers.

O.P has no where defended the pollution caused by motor vehicles or by some other means. He is just saying that..We should cut down the pollution caused by fire crackers.

Where O.P has said that he drives luxury cars. Where he said that he does not use public transport. Thats a different topic.
I wonder what correlation you are trying to achieve here..Going by your logic of correlation we cannot discuss anything as everything is co-related in our lives. We cannot discuss an issue in isolation.

If you think someone else being hypocrite on that then you can discuss that on another thread.

singhvp
November 9th, 2010, 07:07 AM
One important point which, perhaps, is missing in the discussion is that these Diwali explosives are a fire hazard apart from being health hazard. Every year incidents of fire in the 'ammunition shop' gutting few more shops in the vicinity are reported. So many children lose their limbs because of these explosives. The modus operandi of celebrating this festive occasion need to be changed, I think. We may call it a 'cafe talk' or 'dhaba talk', this is talk of the town and need to talked about by our talkative and educated youth because talk is important before arriving at any decision. Education plays an important role in removing deeply ingrained preoccupations from our mindset.

vicky84
November 9th, 2010, 07:13 AM
The modus operandi of celebrating this festive occasion need to be changed, I think. We may call it a 'cafe talk' or 'dhaba talk', this is talk of the town and need to talked about by our talkative and educated youth because talk is important before arriving at any decision.

That's the bottom line.I appreciate you arguments. I am reiterating it again and again that a change for good is always better. You cannot get away with that.

malikdeepak1
November 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM

Vipinji I accept your words here that car is not always a necessity, thats why i did not include it in my previous post as a NECESSITY. But others modes of transport are crucial for day to day life. Hence can't prevent them to ploy. Moreover car pooling is happening quite frequently now a days in big cities.
Also the emission norms are getting strict day by day which helps in causing less damage to air we inhale.

Jab CNG nahi thi delhi me to 2 minute me safed kameej kaali ho jaya karti sir dhume te. Or ab in blue line bus ke hat jane ke baad or improve hoga enviornment. Govt is taking steps (May be slow progress, but indeed helpful) to make environment less polluted. Now it is our responsibility to help govt achieve this. After all it is WE who are going to inhale this air to keep ourselves alive.

As VP ji correctly pointed out that on Diwali loads of people loose their limbs(even lives) just because of crackers. N number of incidents happen just on ONE DAY of celebrations. Also for this one day of celebrations how many children loose their "bachpan" while making these crackers? Just visit Sivakasi, if time and schedule permits, to see how the crackers are made and by who? You yourself will stop your nephews from burning crackers next diwali onwards.

It may not be feasible to stop firing crackers at all, but limited usage can very much be brought into picture.

I rest my case here!

Regards

kuldeephmh
November 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
well!
after a lot of discussion on the topic, should we start a new but related one?
All have different opinions on firing crackers on diwali or polluting the environment in everyday life.
I respect all the thinkings and discussions that we have done here but.....

Agar socha jaye to bhut si cheeze aisi hai jinse pollution hota hai prr unhe ignore nhi kiya ja sakta, jaise ki public transport ya koi personal vehicle,
haan unke use ko control kiya ja sakta hai jis se pollution kam ho, lekin is trah ke kaam jinhe hum taal sakte hai jaise ki pathake jalana, bina kisi jarurat k car chalana etc etc. unhe to krne ki koshish krni hi chahiye......but anyway....sabhi ki pollution k reasons ko le kr apni apni soch hai aur is topic prr ek bhut lambi bahas ki jaa sakti hai.
m kisi se b ye nhi kehna chahta ki aap pathake chalate hi band kr do ya car use krni hi bad kr do prr m ye request jaroor krunga ki aap is baare me thoda aur soche aur analyze kre ki kya sach me aap aisa ku6 to nhi kr rhe h jis se aap environment ko nuksaan pahuncha rhe ho agar haan to kya environment ko hone wale is nuksaan ko aap stop ya kam kr sakte hai ? aur kaise? kisi ek insaan ya 2-4 logo ki koshih se ku6 nhi hoga sabhi ko ek saath milkar is baat ko sochna hoga aur is k liye kaam krna hoga tabhi ja kar ye problem door ho sakti hai. Jb tk log ye sochenge ki mere pollution krne se kya khaas frk padta hai jb saari duniya hi kr rahi hai to.....prr ye bhi to sochiye ki aapke pollution na krne se kya frk padega?? kya aap ye chahte hai ki aane wali generation aapke diye hue is pollution environment me breath kre? the answer is No! Never.......to aayie sab milkar haath badhaye aur koshih kre ki hum is environment aur nature ko safe , secure and clean and green rakhenge.......

Ab mere khyaal se is topic prr jyada discuss nhi krni chahiye ki koun pollution krta hai? koun nhi! kyu krta hai? kaise krta hai? aur sabhi ko apni daily life ka analysis krke ye dekhna chahiye ki vo khud kitna pollution krta hai?? aur usey kaise kam kiya ja sakta hai....
ab hum ek new topic prr discuss krte hai ki aap envirounment ko pollution se bachane k liye kya krte hai? aur kya krna chahenge? ya fir government ko kya krna chahiye? kya aap public ko b ku6 suggestions de sakte hai is topic prr??

aapke valuable suggestions ka hardika swagat hai!

aayiye milkar koshish kren ek Hara Bhara Bharat- Ek hara Bhara Sansaar banane ki!
Jai Hind!!

narendersingh
November 10th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Vichar vimarsh hua poora
Koi patakha naa chhuta adhura
Keemee lagaa naa khaaraa
Sapna saakaar karengey saaraa
Sansar banayengey nyaaraa'

kuldeephmh
November 10th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Haan ji!!
ye hui na baat..