PDA

View Full Version : How satisfied are you with the way this site is moderated

vdhillon
November 24th, 2010, 09:17 PM
THIS POLL IS NOT FOR MODS. MODS & office bearers of this site, please do not vote.

Despite its claim to 15,000~ registered members, it seems that compared to other similar community-based forums and networking sites, the proportionate number of active users (1. who make regular posts, and 2. 'regular repeat visitors') is low.

This got me thinking, how do 'inherently republican jats' respond to various styles and types of moderation? Could one of the factor be, the experience of users with with the (un)satisfactory style and (in)consistency of moderation on this site.

Based on the outcome of this poll, I may post more follow-up polls, assuming i stay on the site. Though, the response to this poll is unlikely to be representative sample as inactive users, occasional users, users already put off and dormant users may not respond. Regardless, it will be interesting to see and understand few things from the data because if utilized in proper context with constructive attitude, such exercise could be useful for enhancements of the site.

So this is your contribution - your feedback. Please take the poll and you are all welcome to drop some notes regarding your experience, satisfaction level, etc. Your comments can be very wide-ranging i.e. you are welcome to take a very liberal, broad and open-ended interpretation of my request for your reaction and views. I kept it open-ended so that one can not be easily moderated out on the basis of 'your comment is not relevant'.

Over to you guys. Bring it on.

Raam Raam.

Dr V Dhillon
PhD, MBA, MTech, BE
Regional IT Director for Asia with a Global US MNE,

PS: I have voted BAD despite leaning towards VERY BAD to the extent I am contemplating permanently quitting the site. This is mainly due to inconsistent, autocratic, irrational and incompetent moderation I have experienced over limited span of last 2 or 3 days where bulk of my 10 or so posts were incompetently butchered.

I laud the hard work put in by administrators, volunteers, fellow members and some Mods. I support the objective behind this site
- to document and preserve jat heritage,
- bring jats together,
- discuss/learn from each other,
- influence future course of jat tribe,
- basically an online Sarv Jat Khap.

However, there is a need for discussion to ascertain if the powers-that-be can engage us jats in fruitful and constructive manner. I intend to create follow-up posts and polls to
- seeking feedback from users,
- culminating in SWOT-type analysis with contribution from community
- recommendations for closed-loop feedback, monitoring and corrective system to enhance the site.
- immediate corrective steps to resolve the issue of this online Sarv-Khap hijacked and being slowly killed by some (not all) incompetent moderation. It takes one bad apple (i.e. bad modda) to undo the hard work and ruin it for all stakeholders.
- Fine-tuning moderation style (moderation framework, MODs recruitment criteria based on skills rather than other factors including number of posts or duration of stay on the site, rotational policy for MODs to encourage freshness and skill development in the community, etc)

This entails open and candid discussion, having sufficient leadership courage to take negative feedback with positive, corrective and reformative steps.

Later, in subsequent posts and polls, I intend to steer the discussions around
- strategic, actionable, measurable and tangible future direction site can take
- while being accessible to more users,
- enhance repeat visitors,
- differentiate itself from other competing sites (or die a slow death),
- ways to recruit more members,
- enhance use experience,
- build content to attract repeat visitorship,
- even funding/sponsorships & monetization to support expansion of this community site, etc.

I am an ordinary member here and not linked with the site in any other capacity. This is my way of giving back to this community site, which I have benefited from but have been badly disappointed with - remember only 1 in 10 users provide feedback about bad service/experience, rest simply walk away for ever.

My decision and ability to stay on or not and be able to contribute partly depends on the reaction of the hitlers of this site. Looking forward to engaging with fellow jats. Thanks for your time folks.

akshaymalik84
November 24th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I hope purpose of making Jatland was or is different from other networking sites. Culture and modesty is on high priority here.

singhvp
November 25th, 2010, 09:24 AM
First of all, let me register my appreciation for the commendable job being done by the Administrators of this site, especially Satyeshwar. I would also like to be on record in extending my heartfelt gratitude to the administrators, moderators and also to the fellow members for giving me an ample opportunity to learn and polish my writing skill and also for tolerating lot of junk material written by me on this site. Having said that, I would like to add that there is a scope for betterment of moderation on every site and our site is not an exception. Even though the Administrators have been doing a yeoman’s service for community and quite recently have appointed two young, brilliant and dynamic moderators, there is still room for improvement.

We need to do a little retrospection and analyze, as to how many of our brilliant and dynamic members have either left or gone into hibernation. We need to give a serious thought as to why only a little percentage of more than 15,000 registered members are actively participating in discussions. I do not think there is a dearth of literate, sophisticated, progressive and wise people in the Jat community. Our boys and girls have excelled in almost every field of life, be it IT, Management, Economics, Engineering, Academics or any other profession in India and abroad. They can add value to this site, if given proper opportunity. Why they are not tempted to join this site, is a question which needs to be investigated seriously. I remember, the other day when I mentioned about JL to one of my friend (a lecturer of Economics in some Govt. college). He laughed at me and satirically said, “I do not understand the concept of your being on Jatland”. That did not discourage me but it was a frustration and disillusionment of a bright academic which was borne out of some adverse publicity of this site due to the rudeness and impolite behavior of some ignorant members who need to be suitably counseled my the moderators not to do anything which might corrode the image of entire Jat community.

In my assessment, our moderation has not been upto the desired level and that is the main reason for little or non-participation of crème de la crème of our community. At times some of the moderators have been found to be having a clear bias in their moderation when it comes to certain issues on which their own opinion was contrary to the views of members moderated upon – a case in point is role of the Khaps on different issues. Based on my individual experience, I can emphatically say that whenever, I ventured to write freely, fearlessly and candidly on certain issues related to khaps, I was either shelled by some fellow members with their hostile and overly sarcastic remarks or the post itself was deleted. Moderators did not play a positive role at such junctures which further vitiated the atmosphere. On some particular topic, I was once flabbergasted when I got an infraction from one of our learned moderator without any serious fault of mine. I am again thankful to Administration for having a pragmatic and lenient view on that. Ironically, the warnings/notifications to delete the posts/infraction are issued to those members who are already at the receiving end. At times, people who write provocative remarks and indulge in personal attacks go scot free for reasons unknown to me.

I have personally experienced bullying and heckling on this site when I initially ventured to jump into the rugged and tumble terrain of Jatland. I had pointed this out earlier also but the post was unfortunately butchered by one of the moderators. Anyway, let bygones be bygones. Let us forget the past acrimony and move forward with new relations of friendship and brotherhood.

It is a good thread started by Bhai Vishal Deep Dhillon and we all must endeavour to make this rich web-site richer and richer. I am sure the able Administrators of this site are working tirelessly in this direction and need our whole hearted support which we must offer. Future belongs to the fleet of our young and dynamic youth who need to understand their liability more seriously and must extend their full support to moderators and also to the greying people like me.

VirJ
November 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Mr V. Dhillon,

May I know where and which one of your 10 posts were deleted or butchered? We keep a record of everything and I can't see where and which one are these. At least be honest in your assessment, if you want to add something constructive.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Mr V. Dhillon,

May I know where and which one of your 10 posts were deleted or butchered? We keep a record of everything and I can't see where and which one are these. At least be honest in your assessment, if you want to add something constructive.

I have posted 10+ posts, 3 deleted and 3 altered significantly by MODS between 20-23 Nov.

Are you alleging dishonest on my part? On what basis? What would be my motive? I, as an ordinary user, can not see the data that you can see as a MOD. Secondly, I do not know if the system keeps a log of all versions of before-and-after posts deleted or altered by MODS with time stamps, user id of mods, user id of posters. Without these, I have no way to point you to that data to conduct any forensic analysis. If you have this info please share, if not then you must retract your allegation.

I do apologize if my request to fellow members to share their experience has resulted in exposing incompetent moderation skills (It is not impled that all MODS are incompetent, but there certainly are problems).

I further apologize, if it has rattled the fief of some egoistical people who are unable to take constructive feedback, thus resorting to personal attack on me with allegation of dishonest conduct.

Well done for passing a verdict with out Q&A or opportunity to clarify with the OP, for trying to silence any negative feedback instead of encouraging it as an opportunity to glean more information to constructively enhance the site, skills & practices of moderators. This just reinforces my point. Case rested.

VirJ
November 25th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Let me try to answer.

Your 2 posts got deleted. One was in "walking with comrades". it was deleted by an accident by one of my colleague. Unfortunately its gone now and cannot be restored. I do apologize for this. I was in fact about to write a PM to you about this but got busy somewhere else and couldn't write. Your another post(in fact it was a thread) where u were making fun of MODs got deleted. I see no reason why it shouldn't be deleted.

Your one post was edited by me. In a thread related to Jat villages, you were talking about your past and future share with respect to the site and other plans. You were also commenting about the owner of the site and status of moderation, I removed the irrelevant portion. There was no other modification made to your post. You were provided a reason on both occasions. At least from 10, now you are claiming 6 of your posts were altered.

If you want further details on this you need to write through contact us. I can not explain everything here.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
If an accidentally deleted post can not be restored that means system does not keep a log - this refutes your earlier claim of keeping track of every thing. You mentioned the fate of few posts that were butchered, but not all have been explained. besides, I never received any notification that a post has been "accidentally" deleted.

Re: posts about making fun of the MODS. That was a JOKE-post made in Humor section with a note that it is all in jest, inline with Jat's ability to laugh at themselves, there were no derogatory words or attack on any person. It was a joke. I disagree with highhandedness and feel sorry for the lack of sense of humor. I encourage MODS to reinstate that post WITH A POLL, where users of the site can decide if they found the post derogatory, or in bad taste or they found it harmless hilariously funny.

Also, why was I not consulted via a PM and given a chance to clarify, modify, etc (same applies to other victims) before their posts are butchered in autocratic manner. Thus, preempting the possibility of dissatisfied users and loosing them for ever or discouraging them form posting altogether. Whatever happen to freedom of expression (with obligation towards others, of course), sense of humor, sensible moderation.
May be other like me who have been treated in the similar bad manner. The are all gone, those who will never comment on this poll, otherwise actual negative results on the poll would have been many fold more.

The whole point of discussing this specific incidence is to state that resolving few cases related to me may not resolve the problem for all. I am using these micro-symptoms to identify bigger macro issues plaguing scores of users, undermining user satisfaction, overall effectiveness of the site and long term sustainability of the site.

VirJ
November 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I mean that post accidentally got removed from system and cannot be restored as original . You may wish to browse archive where most of your question are already answered and please go through member's agreement as well.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM
You made some vague comments without addressing my specifics. I am quite interested in seeing what the community thinks of my joke about mods, bring it on with a poll.

You have succeeded in baby-sitting me and other users but failed in engaging us constructively. When you can not convince them with rational logic, then slam them with member's agreement that its is owner's prerogative to do whatever they wish to chose with this site. This will only expose the 'pretension' of a personally-owned and autocratically-run site disguised as so-called community site.

Well, members can always choose to walk off from autocratic regime specially when there are better alternatives around e.g.
- wikipedia (easily accessible including on mobile, wider user base, higher repeat users, easier to build jat knowledge base there, higher chances of future survival of that site due to being global in appeal and better funding seeking model, no autocracy only meritocracy in content required to be referenceable, etc), and

- better moderated and more liberal sites catering for various needs and tastes (e.g. facebook).

Only differentiator this site had was that it was exclusive to jats and 2ndly it brought all the things under one roof but that Differentiated value-add to the users has now proved to be several times outweighed by several cons (incompetent moderation, due to skills of some, but not all moderators, is just one of the reason), also people would prefer to contribute to a true-community site as opposed to a private-site that can switch tracks based on the whims and fancies.

I also wish to thank for providing me with the opportunity to learn few lessons in 'how not to moderate', 'how to turn away the site traffic', etc.

ravinderjeet
November 25th, 2010, 01:57 PM
You made some vague comments without addressing my specifics. I am quite interested in seeing what the community thinks of my joke about mods, bring it on with a poll.

When you can not convince them with rational logic, then slam them with member's agreement that its is owner's prerogative to do whatever they wish to chose with this site. This will only expose the 'pretension' of a personally-owned and autocratically-run site disguised as so-called community site. Well, members can always choose to walk off from autocratic regime.

chho me naa aawo bhaai maamlaa suljhaa lo.beth batlaa ke.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
lol Bhai Ravinder Jeet .... your comment will be moderated/deleted with a note, 'comment not relevant to the poll', because someone may not like how you trim your moustache <wink>

Can you believe, one of my comment was butchered to remove the part where all I innocently said was 'make Ravinder a mod at least for humor section due to his humerus skills and outstanding contribution (gr8 content, brings repeat users, ur thread inspires and encourages others to post/contribute) in this area on this site'. I implied: skill-based moderators, not based on nepotism

ravinderjeet
November 25th, 2010, 02:22 PM
lol Bhai Ravinder Jeet .... your comment will be moderated/deleted with a note, 'comment not relevant to the poll', because someone may not like how you trim your moustache <wink>

Can you believe, one of my comment was butchered to remove the part where all I innocently said was 'make Ravinder a mod at least for humor section due to his humerus skills and outstanding contribution (gr8 content, brings repeat users, ur thread inspires and encourages others to post/contribute) in this area on this site'. I implied: skill-based moderators, not based on nepotism
i creat my own space ,where ever i go, i also got deleted several time ,without specifing any reason.but i never complained ,becouse it is depend upon the peronlity of modretor who is hendling that section.some time it happend that a nonhumorius person become mod. for humor section.he/she will start deleting the post according to her/his like/dislike,but other mod mey be enjoying that ,so keep wiriting and let them delet,they are doing theire job,you do your,keep posting.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
May be that effort in posting better spent elsewhere on better sites :)

Why put up with nonsense, I am a huge fan of "lack-of-skill but willingness to learn", but I have low tolerance for "incompetence and arrogance prohibiting improvement".

May be best way is to use it opportunistically but do not waste time on a lost cause/site that is unwilling to listen to its audience and enhance itself based on stakeholders feedback. In corp world, there is performance review, probation period, skills enhancement for staff, firing of non-performers, leadership development.

vicky84
November 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM
May be that effort in posting better spent elsewhere on better sites :)

Why put up with nonsense, I am a huge fan of "lack-of-skill but willingness to learn", but I have low tolerance for "incompetence and arrogance prohibiting improvement".

May be best way is to use it opportunistically but do not waste time on a lost cause/site that is unwilling to listen to its audience and enhance itself based on stakeholders feedback. In corp world, there is performance review, probation period, skills enhancement for staff, firing of non-performers, leadership development.

You have raised very valid points in above posts.. I agree with most of them..I hope it helps to understand the stakeholder of this website that there is a liberalization or some moderation is required in one way or the other to deal with these issues. I see so many times, Shri Ravi Chaudhary ji writing that there are 15K+ members on this website. Please contribute. But I am not sure how many of them are really active. How many do not visit this website again after becoming a member of it. What is the cause behind it? It needs a careful analysis to understand these issues and address most of them.

vicky84
November 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Related to this thread and understanding about the active participation of members, I am quoting one of the post of lburdak ji

The main point of the quoted post:

We need to increase Active users (Users who have performed an action in the last 7 days) - The number right now is only 6

More about Statistics on JL Wiki

Jatland Forums page right now shows :

Currently Active Users

There are currently 55 users online. 4 members and 51 guests

It means more than 10 times viewers are not members but guests. This shows that other people take interest in Jatland.

If you go on left panel of Jatland, click special pages. Then go to Statistics page. It is here:

http://www.jatland.com/home/Special:Statistics

Page statistics

Content pages 10,791

Pages (All pages in the wiki, including talk pages, redirects, etc.) 19,717

Uploaded files 1,775

Edit statistics

Page edits since Jatland Wiki was set up 93,067

Average edits per page 4.72

User statistics

Registered users 1,202

Active users (Users who have performed an action in the last 7 days) 6

View statistics

Views total 6,147,315

Views per edit 66.05

Most viewed pages

Main Page 564,710

Matrimonials 327,354

Gotras 142,091

People 74,628

History 52,585

Jats 50,826

Category:Jat Gotras 43,670

Category:Famous Jat People 35,703

Haryanavi Language 34,152

Rajasthani Language 26,926

Note - 1. Views total 6,147,315 - It is very good

Note - 2. We need to increase Active users (Users who have performed an action in the last 7 days) - The number right now is only 6

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the comment bhai Atish, I equally share your concerns and observations. Many members and volunteers have put in immense amount of time and effort in building content, etc. It will be a shame if it goes to waste or if true potential of this site is not utilized by harnessing combined effort of 16K talented jats, all because of averseness to change, lack of periodical self-review, long-term planning & strategic direction, etc.

singhvp
November 25th, 2010, 03:21 PM
You have raised very valid points in above posts.. I agree with most of them..I hope it helps to understand the stakeholder of this website that there is a liberalization or some moderation is required in one way or the other to deal with these issues. I see so many times, Shri Ravi Chaudhary ji writing that there are 15K+ members on this website. Please contribute. But I am not sure how many of them are really active. How many do not visit this website again after becoming a member of it. What is the cause behind it? It needs a careful analysis to understand these issues and address most of them.

Even though, I have taken a middle path as far as voting is concerned, I fully endorse the opinion expressed by Shri Atish Mohan and Shri V Dhillon. We must raise the standards of moderation to make this site attractive for more and more well meaning, civilized, educated, and cultured people who could add value to it. But, it is my guess that Administrators must be facing a difficulty in finding better moderators who could be willingly prepared to do this tedious task. You all know, moderation is not an easy job. It is very easy for us to pass comments, but when it comes to moderation, it is really difficult, I presume. So I request both - the moderators as well as members to mend fences and work unitedly. The dissenting voice of worthy members should be taken in all positivity and their posts should be given due space.

singhvp
November 25th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I hope purpose of making Jatland was or is different from other networking sites. Culture and modesty is on high priority here.

More often than not, culture and modesty has to take a back seat.

satyenderdeswal
November 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Bhai...
Main te nue kahunga ki her ek baat ko dekhne ke do najariye hai..
wo angreji main cos and pros bolya karey shayad...
moderators koi super computer to hai nahi, apney jaise bhai e hai...
agar main mod banun ya vipin bhai baney te koi aur bhai bhi hamari like and dislike pe comment kar skae hai...ki "kyun edit ki post".."nue kyun karya" ......this is a subjective thing..
and galtiyan to insaan se hoti hi hain as moderators are also human beings (as much as i know to my best memory) to ekadh galti te wey bhi kar sakey hai..
manney te is post main nue lagya ki site pe e shak ho rahay hai kai balkan ne..
jo ki achha nahi hai..
kise bhai ne koi cheese achhi na lage te satyeshwar bhai ke PM main jake ya ghaney e mod hai, unke PM main jake discuss karey..
koi bahar ka bhai (Guest) is thread ne padhega te ke sochega...
yo thread band kar dena chahiye koise shayaney se mod ne.....

ravinderjeet
November 25th, 2010, 05:09 PM
ek be ek mod. ney meraa ek chutkalaa delet kar diyaa ,usse din manney chopaal mey bujhi ak ku delet kyun karyaa ,to uhney kahi ak oohmey tanney choth (gobar) shabad likhaa thaa,jayaan tein delet kardiyaa.kai chutkale binaakisse ke koment karein aagley 2-3 din me fer delet kardiye ,yo kaaran de kein ak aachhey koni they.ibb haam mod ki pasand jaan kein thodi naa chutkale likhaangey.ibb manney choth ki thaan ke likhanaa chaahiye thaa ? "green grass eaten by buffalo from front side and come out from back side in the form of pest".to mere khayaal me yo shabad aachhaa lagdaa.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
ek be ek mod. ney meraa ek chutkalaa delet kar diyaa ,usse din manney chopaal mey bujhi ak ku delet kyun karyaa ,to uhney kahi ak oohmey tanney choth (gobar) shabad likhaa thaa,jayaan tein delet kardiyaa.kai chutkale binaakisse ke koment karein aagley 2-3 din me fer delet kardiye ,yo kaaran de kein ak aachhey koni they.ibb haam mod ki pasand jaan kein thodi naa chutkale likhaangey.ibb manney choth ki thaan ke likhanaa chaahiye thaa ? "green grass eaten by buffalo from front side and come out from back side in the form of pest".to mere khayaal me yo shabad aachhaa lagdaa.

CHAUTH:
I personally do not see a problem with the word 'chauth'. It is not even sexual or suggestive. It is commonly, openly, widely used word for 'cow dung cake'.

SUGGESTION:
In worst case scenario, a separate 'Age 18+ or over' can be created on the site, not to turn it into an X-rated site, but to allow people to discuss more mature content.

Legends:
'cow dung' in any form or shape = Gobar
naturally fromed 'cow dung cake' = Chauth
'cow dung' artificially moulded with or without other additives e.g. bhusa = Gossa

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Even though, I have taken a middle path as far as voting is concerned, I fully endorse the opinion expressed by Shri Atish Mohan and Shri V Dhillon. We must raise the standards of moderation to make this site attractive for more and more well meaning, civilized, educated, and cultured people who could add value to it. But, it is my guess that Administrators must be facing a difficulty in finding better moderators who could be willingly prepared to do this tedious task. You all know, moderation is not an easy job. It is very easy for us to pass comments, but when it comes to moderation, it is really difficult, I presume. So I request both - the moderators as well as members to mend fences and work unitedly. The dissenting voice of worthy members should be taken in all positivity and their posts should be given due space.

Yup, a very valid point about resource crunch, lack of resources. All can be resolved with fundamental rethink, having a macro strategy, broke down in components. E.g. Open teh site to more volunteers including those doing internship in engineering, IT, MBA, and other courses. They can work under the guidance of appointed mentors on this site, make changes/enhancements (add functionality, add content, define and document processes for moderation, change request, etc) and they earn real life experience and reference from the site mentors and/or editors. I am some jat members from academic field who are officials or teachers in these areas can act as mentors and help tie up with some educational institutes. Win win for all.

singhvp
November 25th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Yup, a very valid point about resource crunch, lack of resources. All can be resolved with fundamental rethink, having a macro strategy, broke down in components. E.g. Open teh site to more volunteers including those doing internship in engineering, IT, MBA, and other courses. They can work under the guidance of appointed mentors on this site, make changes/enhancements (add functionality, add content, define and document processes for moderation, change request, etc) and they earn real life experience and reference from the site mentors and/or editors. I am some jat members from academic field who are officials or teachers in these areas can act as mentors and help tie up with some educational institutes. Win win for all.

I endorse Shri Dhillon's viewpoint. Hope Administrators will take of it.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Bhai...
Main te nue kahunga ki her ek baat ko dekhne ke do najariye hai..
wo angreji main cos and pros bolya karey shayad...
moderators koi super computer to hai nahi, apney jaise bhai e hai...
agar main mod banun ya vipin bhai baney te koi aur bhai bhi hamari like and dislike pe comment kar skae hai...ki "kyun edit ki post".."nue kyun karya" ......this is a subjective thing..
and galtiyan to insaan se hoti hi hain as moderators are also human beings (as much as i know to my best memory) to ekadh galti te wey bhi kar sakey hai..
manney te is post main nue lagya ki site pe e shak ho rahay hai kai balkan ne..
jo ki achha nahi hai..
kise bhai ne koi cheese achhi na lage te satyeshwar bhai ke PM main jake ya ghaney e mod hai, unke PM main jake discuss karey..
koi bahar ka bhai (Guest) is thread ne padhega te ke sochega...
yo thread band kar dena chahiye koise shayaney se mod ne.....

Bhai, Deswal I agree with that there are several ways to look at things but that should not be an excuse for poor moderation. Being moderator requires certain level of minimum skill, an appropriate process in place for review via PM before butchering, allowing person to defend being things pushed down their throat by a person who may not even have understanding or experience of the topic being discussed. etc.

I DISAGREE with the suggestion that thread must be closed. Harmony is important and must be preserved. We are all mature people and capable of discussing things in ethical and constructive manner, even when we disagree. Sweeping under the carpet and pretending there is not a problem is not the solution. A culture, organization, group, etc is not open to self-review, independent review, averse to change, avoids discussing important issues, silence the discord with air fairy wishy washy fake-harmony, - does not evolve with times and loses its relevance, potential to make significant impact and sustainability.

Open & candid dialogue is hallmark of a mature civilized society. Agreeing to disagree with due respect for individual, for freedom of expression while exercising obligations, are all part of maturity level of a mature civilized society. I will be more mutually enriched with such bunch of people (regardless of age, social status,) with mature attitude (a state of mind, not the age), jat or not.

vdhillon
November 25th, 2010, 06:22 PM
CULTURE vs MODERNIZATION vs TALIBANIATION OF CULTURE

Some of our brothers raised a very relevant point about the culture. i will try to express my views, with the intent that other bhai-log will expand upon it in their comments.

IMHO, heritage is different from culture. Heritage is a legacy, which can be documented, preserved (including the components that are no longer practiced). Culture is commonly held norms of a group. Culture changes with time, geography to geography, generation to generation, etc. What is right in one culture could be taboo in other culture. What is taboo in one generation, could be very desirable in GEN+-N (agli pichli generations me).

Heritage can be preserved, culture must be flexible enough to evolve in a a positive direction. It is good to continue practicing good aspects of our culture but increasing modernization, rapid economic progress, fast globalization, expedited rural to urban migration, education and awareness, gender and other types of egalitarianism, shift in family values, move from combined families to unitary families, etc are some fo teh factors that will impact the culture. How we deal with them will determine, our evolution, progress and ultimate survivability - survival of fittest, not most powerful e.g. dinosaurs, former USSR. This will require an open, flexible and mature attitude to the change, to 'manage the change effectively'. Choice is ours, do we want use this wind of change to our advantage 9to create mreo egalitarian, positively discriminating, peaceful and prosperous jat society) or we do want to talibanize our jat society in the name or preserving outdated or fast-becoming-irrelevant social practices. Do we want allow our daughters to wear a bikini and be the hero by winning swimming gold medals or we we want to cowardly butcher them just because she married outside caste or within khap.

Would love to hear more from our learned bhai log.

Jai raam ji ki.

ravichaudhary
November 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM
THIS POLL IS NOT FOR MODS. MODS & office bearers of this site, please do not vote.

Despite its claim to 15,000~ registered members, it seems that compared to other similar community-based forums and networking sites, the proportionate number of active users (1. who make regular posts, and 2. 'regular repeat visitors') is low.

This got me thinking, how do 'inherently republican jats' respond to various styles and types of moderation? Could one of the factor be, the experience of users with with the (un)satisfactory style and (in)consistency of moderation on this site.

Based on the outcome of this poll, I may post more follow-up polls, assuming i stay on the site. Though, the response to this poll is unlikely to be representative sample as inactive users, occasional users, users already put off and dormant users may not respond. Regardless, it will be interesting to see and understand few things from the data because if utilized in proper context with constructive attitude, such exercise could be useful for enhancements of the site.

So this is your contribution - your feedback. Please take the poll and you are all welcome to drop some notes regarding your experience, satisfaction level, etc. Your comments can be very wide-ranging i.e. you are welcome to take a very liberal, broad and open-ended interpretation of my request for your reaction and views. I kept it open-ended so that one can not be easily moderated out on the basis of 'your comment is not relevant'.

Over to you guys. Bring it on.

Raam Raam.

Dr V Dhillon
PhD, MBA, MTech, BE
Regional IT Director for Asia with a Global US MNE,

PS: I have voted BAD despite leaning towards VERY BAD to the extent I am contemplating permanently quitting the site. This is mainly due to inconsistent, autocratic, irrational and incompetent moderation I have experienced over limited span of last 2 or 3 days where bulk of my 10 or so posts were incompetently butchered.

I laud the hard work put in by administrators, volunteers, fellow members and some Mods. I support the objective behind this site
- to document and preserve jat heritage,
- bring jats together,
- discuss/learn from each other,
- influence future course of jat tribe,
- basically an online Sarv Jat Khap.

However, there is a need for discussion to ascertain if the powers-that-be can engage us jats in fruitful and constructive manner. I intend to create follow-up posts and polls to
- seeking feedback from users,
- culminating in SWOT-type analysis with contribution from community
- recommendations for closed-loop feedback, monitoring and corrective system to enhance the site.
- immediate corrective steps to resolve the issue of this online Sarv-Khap hijacked and being slowly killed by some (not all) incompetent moderation. It takes one bad apple (i.e. bad modda) to undo the hard work and ruin it for all stakeholders.
- Fine-tuning moderation style (moderation framework, MODs recruitment criteria based on skills rather than other factors including number of posts or duration of stay on the site, rotational policy for MODs to encourage freshness and skill development in the community, etc)

This entails open and candid discussion, having sufficient leadership courage to take negative feedback with positive, corrective and reformative steps.

Later, in subsequent posts and polls, I intend to steer the discussions around
- strategic, actionable, measurable and tangible future direction site can take
- while being accessible to more users,
- enhance repeat visitors,
- differentiate itself from other competing sites (or die a slow death),
- ways to recruit more members,
- enhance use experience,
- build content to attract repeat visitorship,
- even funding/sponsorships & monetization to support expansion of this community site, etc.

I am an ordinary member here and not linked with the site in any other capacity. This is my way of giving back to this community site, which I have benefited from but have been badly disappointed with - remember only 1 in 10 users provide feedback about bad service/experience, rest simply walk away for ever.

My decision and ability to stay on or not and be able to contribute partly depends on the reaction of the hitlers of this site. Looking forward to engaging with fellow jats. Thanks for your time folks.

Vishaal

I , for, one look forward to your contributions , along the lines that you have put forward.

You have rightly drawn the inference that this is Virtual Khap. Let us hope it evolves into a Sarv Khap.

To the objectives, for that would be a necessary first step.

Could we include:

a) Raising of the standard of living for all Jats, and other rural based communities.

b) Education of our brethern who are not as fortunate as we are, so that they can also rise to become engineers, doctors, lawyers, entrepeneurs.

c) Successfully transition of our ENTIRE community from an agri based economy to a knowledge based one.

d) Passing on our heritage of Ithihaas and sanskar.

I also look forward to your analysis and suggestions for increasing particpation. With 16,000 + members we should get a lot more.

A site, a group, is what is members wish it to be.

Looking forward to more.

Ravi Chaudhary

vdhillon
November 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Vishaal

I , for, one look forward to your contributions , along the lines that you have put forward.

You have rightly drawn the inference that this is Virtual Khap. Let us hope it evolves into a Sarv Khap.

To the objectives, for that would be a necessary first step.

Could we include:

a) Raising of the standard of living for all Jats, and other rural based communities.

b) Education of our brethern who are not as fortunate as we are, so that they can also rise to become engineers, doctors, lawyers, entrepeneurs.

c) Successfully transition of our ENTIRE community from an agri based economy to a knowledge based one.

d) Passing on our heritage of Ithihaas and sanskar.

I also look forward to your analysis and suggestions for increasing particpation. With 16,000 + members we should get a lot more.

A site, a group, is what is members wish it to be.

Looking forward to more.

Ravi Chaudhary

Thanks for the kind words Ravi, I truly appreciate it. But I am massively discouraged, due to the behavior of incompetent morons given authority for moderation. So I am thinking why shall I waste my time on such a lost cause, unless I see DRAMATIC improvement in moderation and culling of morons from their moderation responsibility. No moderation is better than idiotic moderation by egotistical morons.

This is what this site does, converts constructive contributing jats in to bitter users.

singhvp
November 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
CULTURE vs MODERNIZATION vs TALIBANIATION OF CULTURE

Some of our brothers raised a very relevant point about the culture. i will try to express my views, with the intent that other bhai-log will expand upon it in their comments.

IMHO, heritage is different from culture. Heritage is a legacy, which can be documented, preserved (including the components that are no longer practiced). Culture is commonly held norms of a group. Culture changes with time, geography to geography, generation to generation, etc. What is right in one culture could be taboo in other culture. What is taboo in one generation, could be very desirable in GEN+-N (agli pichli generations me).

Heritage can be preserved, culture must be flexible enough to evolve in a a positive direction. It is good to continue practicing good aspects of our culture but increasing modernization, rapid economic progress, fast globalization, expedited rural to urban migration, education and awareness, gender and other types of egalitarianism, shift in family values, move from combined families to unitary families, etc are some fo teh factors that will impact the culture. How we deal with them will determine, our evolution, progress and ultimate survivability - survival of fittest, not most powerful e.g. dinosaurs, former USSR. This will require an open, flexible and mature attitude to the change, to 'manage the change effectively'. Choice is ours, do we want use this wind of change to our advantage 9to create mreo egalitarian, positively discriminating, peaceful and prosperous jat society) or we do want to talibanize our jat society in the name or preserving outdated or fast-becoming-irrelevant social practices. Do we want allow our daughters to wear a bikini and be the hero by winning swimming gold medals or we we want to cowardly butcher them just because she married outside caste or within khap.

Would love to hear more from our learned bhai log.

Jai raam ji ki.

Sab kuch to kah diyaa, eeb aur kuchh kahan ki gunjayish e ke rahgi. Vo angrezi me kahte hain spot on........Excellent analysis.

ravichaudhary
November 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words Ravi, I truly appreciate it. But I am massively discouraged, due to the behavior of incompetent morons given authority for moderation. So I am thinking why shall I waste my time on such a lost cause, unless I see DRAMATIC improvement in moderation and culling of morons from their moderation responsibility. No moderation is better than idiotic moderation by egotistical morons.

This is what this site does, converts constructive contributing jats in to bitter users.

I do hope you will reconsider, and take a few hours, if you can spare them, to assist the membership, in a discussion to develop some goals and to help achieve some consensus.

On moderation I will put a few thoughts separately.

Ravi Chaudhary

ravichaudhary
November 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Here are four threads from the About Jatland section, which cover moderation issues.

There is quite active participation in these threads from a variety of persons and with quite diverse views.

I will suggest, that before members re invent the wheel here on this thread ,they go through these threads.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?25539-A-Suggestion-to-Members/page4

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?28170-Civilized-discussion-guidelines-at-JATland-!!!

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?9515-This-kind-of-message-WILL-GET-YOU-BANNED!!/page4

A group is what its members want it to become.

A request to all- Do please look at it with a constructive viewpoint.

Best regards

Ravi Chaudhary

upendersingh
November 27th, 2010, 12:20 AM
i creat my own space ,where ever i go, i also got deleted several time ,without specifing any reason.but i never complained ,becouse it is depend upon the peronlity of modretor who is hendling that section.some time it happend that a nonhumorius person become mod. for humor section.he/she will start deleting the post according to her/his like/dislike,but other mod mey be enjoying that ,so keep wiriting and let them delet,they are doing theire job,you do your,keep posting.

भाई सत्ते, ये तो बिलकुल हद हो गई. पोस्ट तो मेरी भी कई बार डिलीट हुई (ठीक वजह से ही हुई), लेकिन इसका मतलब ये तो नहीं कि मैं मोड्स को ही बुरा बताने लगूं. यहां सभी मोड्स बिना कोई पैसा लिए ये जिम्मेदारी संभालते हैं और अधिकतर हमारे ही बीच के लोग हैं. अगर मेरी या आपकी कोई पोस्ट डिलीट नहीं की जाती है तो कोई मेडल तो मिलना नहीं है और अगर डिलीट कर दी जाती है तो कोई बेइज्जती नहीं हो जाएगी. ऐसी छोटी-छोटी बातों पर नाराज होने का तो बस यही मतलब निकलता है कि आपको जीवन जीने का हुनर नहीं आता. आप सब्जीवाले से सब्जी खरीद रहे हो, लेकिन वो बिना किसी ख़ास वजह के आपकी बात नहीं सुन रहा और दूसरे ग्राहकों को लगातार सब्जी दे रहा है तो इसका मतलब ये तो नहीं कि आप उससे लड़ने लगोगे. आप समूह में खड़े होकर कोई बात कहते हो, लेकिन कोई एक आपकी बात से सहमति नहीं जताता तो उससे ये कहकर थोड़े ही भिड़ जाओगे कि तूने मेरी बात क्यों नहीं मानी. अगर ऐसी छोटी-छोटी बातों को भी बर्दाश्त करने का हुनर हम नहीं जानते तो ये जालिम दुनिया तो हमें न जाने कितनी बार आजमाएगी. हालांकि यहां मोड्स इस जालिम दुनिया में नहीं गिने जा सकते. मैं समझता हूं कि मोड्स को जितनी पोस्ट डिलीट करनी चाहिए, वे उससे कम डिलीट करते हैं और बहुत-सी डिलीट किए जाने योग्य पोस्ट यूं ही रह जाती हैं. जितनी भी पोस्ट डिलीट की जाती हैं, वे ठीक डिलीट की जाती हैं. यहां कोई भी मोडरेटर ऐसा नहीं है, जो मोड़ होने पर गर्व महसूस करता हो और बार-बार अपने पद का रौब दिखाने की अभिलाषा रखता हो. सभी अपने-अपने क्षेत्र के कामयाब लोग हैं और अच्छा खा-कमा रहे हैं, मोडरेटर की जिम्मेदारी तो ये बिना किसी पैसे के निभा रहे हैं.:)

bishanleo2001
November 27th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Upendra bhaisahb kee baat se main bhee pura sehmat huin.....
भाई सत्ते, ये तो बिलकुल हद हो गई. पोस्ट तो मेरी भी कई बार डिलीट हुई (ठीक वजह से ही हुई), लेकिन इसका मतलब ये तो नहीं कि मैं मोड्स को ही बुरा बताने लगूं. यहां सभी मोड्स बिना कोई पैसा लिए ये जिम्मेदारी संभालते हैं और अधिकतर हमारे ही बीच के लोग हैं. अगर मेरी या आपकी कोई पोस्ट डिलीट नहीं की जाती है तो कोई मेडल तो मिलना नहीं है और अगर डिलीट कर दी जाती है तो कोई बेइज्जती नहीं हो जाएगी. ऐसी छोटी-छोटी बातों पर नाराज होने का तो बस यही मतलब निकलता है कि आपको जीवन जीने का हुनर नहीं आता. आप सब्जीवाले से सब्जी खरीद रहे हो, लेकिन वो बिना किसी ख़ास वजह के आपकी बात नहीं सुन रहा और दूसरे ग्राहकों को लगातार सब्जी दे रहा है तो इसका मतलब ये तो नहीं कि आप उससे लड़ने लगोगे. आप समूह में खड़े होकर कोई बात कहते हो, लेकिन कोई एक आपकी बात से सहमति नहीं जताता तो उससे ये कहकर थोड़े ही भिड़ जाओगे कि तूने मेरी बात क्यों नहीं मानी. अगर ऐसी छोटी-छोटी बातों को भी बर्दाश्त करने का हुनर हम नहीं जानते तो ये जालिम दुनिया तो हमें न जाने कितनी बार आजमाएगी. हालांकि यहां मोड्स इस जालिम दुनिया में नहीं गिने जा सकते. मैं समझता हूं कि मोड्स को जितनी पोस्ट डिलीट करनी चाहिए, वे उससे कम डिलीट करते हैं और बहुत-सी डिलीट किए जाने योग्य पोस्ट यूं ही रह जाती हैं. जितनी भी पोस्ट डिलीट की जाती हैं, वे ठीक डिलीट की जाती हैं. यहां कोई भी मोडरेटर ऐसा नहीं है, जो मोड़ होने पर गर्व महसूस करता हो और बार-बार अपने पद का रौब दिखाने की अभिलाषा रखता हो. सभी अपने-अपने क्षेत्र के कामयाब लोग हैं और अच्छा खा-कमा रहे हैं, मोडरेटर की जिम्मेदारी तो ये बिना किसी पैसे के निभा रहे हैं.:)

vicky84
November 27th, 2010, 05:41 AM

Good points, Very well made. Right on the money !

I hope stakeholders will pay an attention to these points. I think we should encourage more people to come up with more suggestions and innovative ideas to help this platform growing.

VPannu
November 27th, 2010, 06:13 AM
मोडरेटर की जिम्मेदारी तो ये बिना किसी पैसे के निभा रहे हैं.:) fer koye ehsaan kar raakha hai? ak paropkaar kar rakha hai? banning a member, locking any thread, deleting/modifying any post yo kaam to koye balak bhi kar de bhaai. ar na pisse maange :D

singhvp
November 27th, 2010, 07:58 AM
उपेंदर, आपने सब्जी बेचने वाले का उदाहरण देकर moderators को पाक-दामन ठहराने का जो प्रयास किया है वो कुछ गले नहीं उतरा. भिन्डी बाज़ार और सभ्य लोगों की महफ़िल में थोडा अंतर तो होना ही चाहिए. आपने सही कहा की पोस्टों की कटाई जिस रफ़्तार से होनी चाहिए थी वो नहीं हुई. जैसा आपने कहा कितनी सारी बेकार की पोस्ट हैं जिन पर moderators की दराती (sickle ) नहीं चली I मैं आपकी बात से इत्तेफाक रखता हूँ मगर उसका एक कारण यह भी तो हो सकता है कि वे पोस्ट moderators की पसंदीदा रही हों या फिर उनके प्रियजनों की रही हों. आप को शायद आभास नहीं कि उन पोस्टों में बहुत सारी पोस्ट्स आपकी (और निश्चित रूप से मेरी भी हो सकती हैं). और हो सकता है कि Moderators से हमारी निकटता के चलते वे ऐसा करने में असमर्थ रहे हों I इस सम्भावना से इनकार नहीं किया जा सकता I (वास्तव में ऐसा हुआ भी है मगर अब इतिहास को खगोलने का कोई फायदा नहीं और मैं उन पन्नों को नहीं खोलना चाहता जिन पर धूल जम चुकी है I इतना समय भी नहीं होता I ) बीती बीती बिसार दो आगे की सुध लो I

अदीबों को अपनी-अपनी कहने दो, दूध का दूध और पानी का पानी होने दो
कोई मुकद्दमा तो नहीं, सिर्फ बहस मुबाहिस है, हुक्मरानों से रूबरू होने दो

Moderators की भूमिका पर चर्चा करना बिलकुल तर्कसंगत एवं लोकतान्त्रिक सिद्दांतों के अनुरूप है. आखिर moderators भी तो इंसान ही हैं और उनसे भी गलतियाँ हो सकती है I आपस की चर्चा से उनके कार्यकलाप को और अधिक उपयोगी एवं सकारात्मक बनाया जा सकता है.

rsdalal
November 27th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Mods should delete posts only as a last resort. At the same time members should not make everything a issue.
My vote is "Satisfactory" but there is room for improvment.
Upender bhai ne bhee theek kahi se....

rameshlakra
November 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
It is beyond doubt that some moderators are deleting as per their whims and fancy without even discussing the subject with the initiator. I think everyone has faced some ridiculous deletion of post on baseless action of moderators. There has to be some do's and don'ts shared and given to Moderators as well as members, so that everyone knows where one is crossing the line here.
I have been a member here since a decade now, and i am less inclined now. Not that moderator have something to do. But they did contributed.
regards

vdhillon
November 27th, 2010, 09:54 PM

Mate, with due respect to your point of view, IMO free service or volunteer service should not mean inconsistent service, incompetent service, and certainly no 'ahsan'. VOlunteer basically means self-less service, neki kar kuen mein daal. Otherwise it becomes a 'self-serving', self-gratifying, (some times) getting powers of some kind which they may lack in personal life (manifestation of insecurities), and so forth.
Now, I say that without taking away the credit from passionate, competent, open to feedback, selfless volunteers.

I say again, NO MODERATION is better than INCOMPETENT MODERATION.

What is it that this site wants to achieve

I AM WASTING MY TIME BECAUSE 80% OF MY POSTS HAVE BEEN DELETED OR MODERATED and SOME INSECURE (WHY DO THEY FEAR FEEDBACK) HITLER HAS SETUP THE SYSTEM THAT ANY POST I MAKE WILL NOT BE VISIBLE UNLESS APPROVED BY SOME MOD. SO WHY SHALL I BOTHER.

Despite its claim to 16K+ memberhsip, ther are only 1200 registered members, predominantly dormant. I have seen a young guy creating a Jaat facebook page and growing its membership from 100 to 1500+ within 3 months with EXECLLENT MODERATION SKILLS and good repeat membership.

Despite its tall claims, who is this site for? Elite Jats (with internet access) and among them thinking, questioning, talented voices have been moderated out and shut up (in hibernation or gone). So this site is for ELITE JATS and among them only for a very select grouyp who have some kind of CONTROL. VERY SELECTIVE and ELITIST (supposedly). Well defies the purpose. Good luck guys.

IMO, a site's purpose mmust be to keep the members on its pages (per visit) as long as possible, attract repeat visitorship. That means 'minimal intervention' in moderation. Many posts deleted 'off-track'. WTH, no one needs to be baby-sat here, thari ghar ki kheti se, toh chalao, mhari raam raam, eek doo baar awange, reason with you, if nothing comes out of it, pher jai raam ji ki, run yyour dinosorus.

vdhillon
November 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM
fer koye ehsaan kar raakha hai? ak paropkaar kar rakha hai? banning a member, locking any thread, deleting/modifying any post yo kaam to koye balak bhi kar de bhaai. ar na pisse maange :D

Wow! wow! Im dumb struck. Mate, how did you get away with out having this post deleted.

upendersingh
November 28th, 2010, 04:29 AM
@बिशन और रणवीर
सहमत होने के लिए धन्यवाद.

@वी.पी. सिंह जी
सब्जी बेचने वाले का उदाहरण देने के पीछे मेरा उद्देश्य रोजमर्रा की छोटी-मोटी घटनाओं से था...पोस्ट डिलीट होने को भी ऐसी ही छोटी-मोटी घटना समझ लेता हूं मैं तो...बहरहाल शेर आपने बहुत खूब कहा...

satyeshwar
November 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM
First off, I have moved this thread to the "About Jatland" section as this is the proper place for it.
In my opinion, members are the ones who should dictate the direction a thread takes, and not moderators. Moderators should jump in only if members start going after each other by posting sarcastic, degrading or otherwise abusive posts.
It's fine if you want to take out your anguish towards the moderators by posting whatever on this thread. I just want to let you know that there are other more constructive ways to resolve any complaints that you have against any moderator. For example, you can use the "Contact Us" button to let the admin body know about a moderator's decision. You can also send a PM to any or all of the moderators and it is their duty to bring the subject up for discussion in front of other moderators. Sadly, none of these routes are typically taken by members.
Statistically speaking, the number one reason for anyone to become a member of Jatland is Matrimonials. People join to see photographs, contact the owners of those profiles and once their purpose is solved, then they go dormant.
Finally, I am happy to discuss constructive feedback from any and all members. So let's hear it. We will not be able to make everyone happy but at least give it a shot to make this site better.
-Satyeshwar

sitaram
November 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Dukhi mat ho bhai saheb,
ye to mere saath bho ho chuka hai. me kit dukhi hua.
bhagwan shri krishan ne GEETA me arjun ko UPDESH diya hai ke "tu karm karta ja, fal ki chinta na kar"

vicky84
November 30th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Finally, I am happy to discuss constructive feedback from any and all members. So let's hear it. We will not be able to make everyone happy but at least give it a shot to make this site better.
-Satyeshwar

Satyeshwar,

Just a suggestion, There is a request pending about having a feature "agree/disagree/recommended/offensive" with every post. If it's a big change then you could ask some volunteers to help you with that. Definitely it will help someone who's looking for some practical experience in PHP. And also it will improve user experience. I am not sure whether it's feasible or not but its just a suggestion.

satyeshwar
November 30th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Satyeshwar,

Just a suggestion, There is a request pending about having a feature "agree/disagree/recommended/offensive" with every post. If it's a big change then you could ask some volunteers to help you with that. Definitely it will help someone who's looking for some practical experience in PHP. And also it will improve user experience. I am not sure whether it's feasible or not but its just a suggestion.

Atish, I am well aware of the request. However, I don't want to jump at every suggestion that people make without first ensuring that enough people want to see this feature added in. Otherwise, we add useless features. I know that from a members perspective you want to see the change happen immediately and it may be frustrating if the admins adopt a wait and see approach but sometimes this becomes necessary.

Anyhow, I am working on the like/dislike button and am hoping to get it added in soon.
-Satyeshwar

vicky84
November 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Atish, I am well aware of the request. However, I don't want to jump at every suggestion that people make without first ensuring that enough people want to see this feature added in. Otherwise, we add useless features. I know that from a members perspective you want to see the change happen immediately and it may be frustrating if the admins adopt a wait and see approach but sometimes this becomes necessary.

Anyhow, I am working on the like/dislike button and am hoping to get it added in soon.
-Satyeshwar

Ok. Fair enough. Lets see what others have to say about it. And thanks for working on it :)

vdhillon
December 2nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Dear Satyeshwar,

Thanks for opening up.

1. Please read all my posts on this thread, they are not just cribbing posts, they also offer solution.

2. I have noticed many issues
a. irregular, inconsistent moderation (many reasons - read in my prev posts on this thread)
b. lack of transparency. e.g. I have been asking in thread (deleted) and in PM to MODS (evasive answer) about real owners (who holds the legal title to this site and pays bills fo hosting, bandwidth, etc) not office bearers, no one is providing that answer. it is important to know for various reasons (members can make informed choice, ethical corporate social responsibility to provide info to members, if i suggest changes to strategic direction to take the site to next level (not just minor changes) then they wont succeed unless there is a full backing form real owners, etc
c. lack of strategic long-term plan for evolution of the site
d. untapped potential to infuse more energy and improved management style
e. untapped potential to improve operations (training, standardised pocesses, etc)
f. untapped potential to harness collective energy of contributing jats
h. untapped potential to make is site for masses instead of elite select few
i. untapped potential to make is site for every thing jat of agrarian society needs, instead of mainly jat matrimonial site (going by current active membership)
j. lack of tolerance for differing views or
g. lack of acceptance of critical feedback about the operation of site -anyone suggests this is considered a trouble maker, social pariah and is immediately ganged upon by mods, issued infraction notices under slightest pretext

(with due respect for the hard work of scores of volunteers and advance apologizes if my observations are incorrect)

3. Few specific example:
3.1: I created this thread in 'general' section, it was moved by a mod to 'Time Pass' section, then another mod moved it once again to 'About us' section. Which mod is right? ya bus andha khatta se jo dhakke te chalan laag ra se, jis moddey ke jo ji mein usa ye dhool mein laath maar diya, sorry i cant restraint my sarcasm, jai ho.

3.2. I was issued an infraction by <name of MOD withheld> for setting my profile status as follows:
"DELETE LAND" and "Victim of Butchers" are not valid location and occupation and are being deleted. Feel free to populate them with valid fields".

Irony is lost on someone... to me its hilarious. just another example of intolerance for any voice of dissent and certainly no protest is allowed and will be dealt with heavy autocratic hand.

3.3. many more, too many to mention. i think I have made my point.

I have tried everything, engaging with MODS, creating threads/posts related to these issues (mostly butchered). Im here with the intent to contribute in a constructive and positive way but above issues are prohibiting or limiting me from doing so.

Hope someone will take note, view in a a constructive way.

Thanks for your time.
Regards

satyeshwar
December 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Dear Satyeshwar,

Thanks for opening up.

b. lack of transparency. e.g. I have been asking in thread (deleted) and in PM to MODS (evasive answer) about real owners (who holds the legal title to this site and pays bills fo hosting, bandwidth, etc) not office bearers, no one is providing that answer. it is important to know for various reasons (members can make informed choice, ethical corporate social responsibility to provide info to members, if i suggest changes to strategic direction to take the site to next level (not just minor changes) then they wont succeed unless there is a full backing form real owners, etc

This question has been asked a bunch of times already. I pay for the hosting of this site now. It used to be Nitin Dahiya but he has been slowly transferring all the responsibilities to me now (the last of which was a month back). I may be paying for the sites expenses but I am by no means the owner of the site. I think that the real owners of any forum are its members. My philosophy is that the moderators are to serve, not to rule over the members.

c. lack of strategic long-term plan for evolution of the site

I have had this discussion with several folks about this. My long term objective is to make this site as useful to the common jats as possible. Whether it be providing a common platform to share views and opinions, discuss news and politics, share jokes, or learning about history of Jats and villages, prominent people and our leaders through the WIKI site. I also don't want the site to help only the few thousands members of the site but the larger jat samaj. For example, members like Navin Gulia have taken social causes discussed in their infancy on the site to the real world and made real changes that are affecting the society as a whole.

d. untapped potential to infuse more energy and improved management style
e. untapped potential to improve operations (training, standardised pocesses, etc)
f. untapped potential to harness collective energy of contributing jats
h. untapped potential to make is site for masses instead of elite select few
i. untapped potential to make is site for every thing jat of agrarian society needs, instead of mainly jat matrimonial site (going by current active membership)
j. lack of tolerance for differing views or

It is unfair to put the burden of tapping the potential of thousands of Jats on the moderators and administrators of Jatland. That initiative will have to be taken by the members. Our job is to facilitate your discussions in any way, shape or form. We do have moderators like Mr. Ravi Chaudhary who are very much inclined towards helping out on Jat history matters as well as deeply involved in current affairs and providing a message back to the larger media correspondents.

g. lack of acceptance of critical feedback about the operation of site -anyone suggests this is considered a trouble maker, social pariah and is immediately ganged upon by mods, issued infraction notices under slightest pretext

As is clear from my previous posts on this thread and numerous other threads, we are happy to listen to constructive feedback. Sometimes changes cannot be made immediately and take time and this frustrates individual members. It's nonsensical feedback which just goes on to criticize moderators because some members ego got bruised that we ignore.

(with due respect for the hard work of scores of volunteers and advance apologizes if my observations are incorrect)

3. Few specific example:
3.1: I created this thread in 'general' section, it was moved by a mod to 'Time Pass' section, then another mod moved it once again to 'About us' section. Which mod is right? ya bus andha khatta se jo dhakke te chalan laag ra se, jis moddey ke jo ji mein usa ye dhool mein laath maar diya, sorry i cant restraint my sarcasm, jai ho.

This is a really small point and I am somewhat surprised that you are even raising it. The post didn't get deleted, just moved. Anyhow, since you have raised it, I will answer. Anything related to Jatland must be discussed in the About Jatland section. If a new moderator who is still learning their duties accidentally moved it to another forum, then it's a process of education for them and tolerance by members.

3.2. I was issued an infraction by <name of MOD withheld> for setting my profile status as follows:
"DELETE LAND" and "Victim of Butchers" are not valid location and occupation and are being deleted. Feel free to populate them with valid fields".

I issued that infraction. And you are absolutely wrong in putting up invalid location and occupation in your profile. Neither was this a slight pretext as you have put above nor was I trying to find any reasons to "punish" you. It was a correction of something that you did wrong. Have no doubt, if you do it again, we will give you another infraction. This has nothing to do with you, just your action that is invalid. Same is true for any other member.

Irony is lost on someone... to me its hilarious. just another example of intolerance for any voice of dissent and certainly no protest is allowed and will be dealt with heavy autocratic hand.

There are certain rules of any society that we live in. One person may consider them autocratic while all others may find it a relief that we are not letting hooligans running amok.

prashantacmet
December 3rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
mods, Is it necessary for everyone to put his/her picture in profile?

ravinderjeet
December 3rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
mods, is it necessary for everyone to put his/her picture in profile?

tu bhi aapni-2 laa fotu ,yo melaa kyuon jod raakhyaa s.

satyeshwar
December 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
You can either put your own picture in your profile or leave it blank. If you really want to display some other photo then you have the choice of using your photo album.

sidchhikara
December 4th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Let me try to answer.

Your 2 posts got deleted. One was in "walking with comrades". it was deleted by an accident by one of my colleague.

LOL !!

Andha dundh !

sidchhikara
December 4th, 2010, 04:00 AM
There are couple of reasons for low active membership especialyy in last 1-2 years :-

Facebook
Moderation - I was an active member here up until March-Apr 2010 - (4 years). They deleteed > 50% of my posts, so I quit putting stuff here - waste of time.

Lot of people here are obsessed with culture, sanskaar - jukar baniyaa ke satsang mein aa rahein hon.

Dhillon, we have had these recurring discussions - on the same lines - misdirected moderation etc., every 6 months - nothing comes out of it. I think it angers the moderators ......... inne mhaari complaint kar kyukar di .... eeb post naa karan dyoon susre ne.

Ke farak pade sei ... tu mauj le .... aade duniyaa bhar ke uncle/aunty bhare pade sein .... tere ghar aalan te complaint kar denge kuch tedhi medhi baat likh di te.

atamjeet78
December 4th, 2010, 07:00 AM
There is always chance for improvement.. but overall I am satisfied with functioning of moderators.
Well I have been visiting this site for last 5-6 yrs and started contributing though very little , since last 3 yrs.
Jis class me balak ghane oot or albadi hote hain vanha mastar karda hi chahiye
I have noticed one thing.. it is truly a online khap panchayat... yanha apne aap se jyada samajdhar kissi ko nahi manta .. log apas me jootam joot hoye dekhe sain.. dusri communities ke liye jo maan me aya maand diya karde...chote bade ka koi leehaag nahi.. par jabse moderator thode kardee hoye hain kimmi sudhar hoya hai....
Yes there is chance for improvement, but we all are educated instead of trying to impose ourselves we should try to reason in a dignified way..should always try to put ourselves in others shoe...
It has to be two way street If you want others to listen to you... you have to listen to them..

vdhillon
December 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM
There are couple of reasons for low active membership especialyy in last 1-2 years :-

Facebook
Moderation - I was an active member here up until March-Apr 2010 - (4 years). They deleteed > 50% of my posts, so I quit putting stuff here - waste of time.

Lot of people here are obsessed with culture, sanskaar - jukar baniyaa ke satsang mein aa rahein hon.

Dhillon, we have had these recurring discussions - on the same lines - misdirected moderation etc., every 6 months - nothing comes out of it. I think it angers the moderators ......... inne mhaari complaint kar kyukar di .... eeb post naa karan dyoon susre ne.

Ke farak pade sei ... tu mauj le .... aade duniyaa bhar ke uncle/aunty bhare pade sein .... tere ghar aalan te complaint kar denge kuch tedhi medhi baat likh di te.

Agree with you regarding poorly run JL site (a site initiated by an inspirational ex-army hero volunteer who gives a new meaning to 'Able', site has many good aspects, i will only highlight the bad ones as only bad one will prevent it from going to 'next level'), run like a fief ki 'jat samaj pe ehsan kar rahe hain' ar tham sare mahra ahsan mano. No concept of "charter of service", no concept of customer or stakeholder focus, no concept of customer satisfaction, no concept of proactive engagement of jat samaj, no concept of proactively recruit and retain members (jat samajh pe ahsan hai, hamne 'fief' khol diya now jats owe it to us to come to our heavy-handedly moderated site ...bravo). Jai Ho.

See above 'response to my constructive feedback' is all DEFENSIVE JUSTIFICATIONB. no acknowledgement of problem, let alone harnessing our energies to help them take the site forward. Doing so threatens them, that their so called perceived control will be diluted. Faltu ki chaudhar on a tiny site of 1200 dormant members. It will die a natural death, new members keep coming but management is good in running them out. it requires lot of self esteem and courage to accept the feedback, it aint easy for everyone.

I was issued infraction for a nonsensical reason. Insecure action by autocratic people who can not tolerate protest, freedom of expression, baan ne chale hain jat samaj ke thekedar. Attitude seems to be either "I pay the bill for the site, so mere ghar ki kheti hai, jo jee mein aaya jat samajh ke thekedari ki aad mein jis ko chahe laat marunga' ya phir ' hum volunteer hain, sare samaj pe ahsan hai hamara (even if many, not all, lack the mdoeration skills). FB is my fav site. JL wale toh apko subdue, baby sit, silence you.

Culture or sanskar ke naam par talibanize kar rahe hai samaj ko. Kai log toh khud to overseas ja ke baith jate hain pher sanskar ki baat kartey hain ke woh sanskar gaam me lagu hone hahiye. why not first practice what they are preaching. Lag ta hai, jo post unke vichar dhara ki khilaf hai, us ko talibani dakiyanoosi sanskar ka naam le kar 'bucther' kar dete hain. You post may hv been deleted either you dared to bare the hidden bad customs of jat samaj or you are too progressive or you do not lick the feet or massage the ego of the ppl running the site. i completely understand how you feel as to why would you make a effort in writing long posts to have a civilized debate when you are badly moderated out.

I am testing the waters, I am stirring the pot, with the intention, something good comes out of it, happy to contribute but only when it is going in a positive direction.

Mate, see you on facebook.
RIP JL.

vdhillon
December 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Interesting read here in MODS

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?22478-Is-Seema-ji-being-banned-justified/page2

rameshlakra
December 6th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Moderators should jump in only if members start going after each other by posting sarcastic, degrading or otherwise abusive posts.

-Satyeshwar

This is not the case always. please check statistic.

vijay
March 23rd, 2011, 12:42 AM
Your 2 posts got deleted. One was in "walking with comrades". it was deleted by an accident by one of my colleague. Unfortunately its gone now and cannot be restored. I do apologize for this. I was in fact about to write a PM to you about this but got busy somewhere else and couldn't write.

Accidents do happen in life and we are too busy in our lives to accept the real facts.

End of the day, we didn't did anything wrong irrespective of our irresponsible behavior.

shivamchaudhary
March 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
We live with good and bad but alway hope for better. I appreciate the work Site Moderators and maintainers are doing. This is second networking site I believe in, first networking site is my college and friends group.

I agree sometimes accidents happens but they occurs only to show that there is better side you should look for.

I would like to send heartiest wishes to Laxman Burdak Ji, they have provide us the tremendous knowledge and enlighten Jat history, I was always thirsty about.

I would like to contribute to this site too, financially and in maintenance.

tomarhitesh23
March 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
All you mods are doing good.. I know your pain ...its always been difficult, the moderation of this community... :)

vikasJAT
March 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM

hahahhhahahhahahahaha ravinder bahi kasuta likh diya bhai.....padhi pache hassi na rukti bhai.....

vikasJAT
March 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Dukhi mat ho bhai saheb,
ye to mere saath bho ho chuka hai. me kit dukhi hua.
bhagwan shri krishan ne GEETA me arjun ko UPDESH diya hai ke "tu karm karta ja, fal ki chinta na kar"

bhai mere joke ni aur post bot delete hoyi se.....kise ne kahu to koi jawab ni deta......ya to edit kar de se post ya delete.
bhai yo kaam dekh k mane to aade likhna e chod diya.......
koi delete kare to bhai sachi me kasuta gussa aave se aur isa jee kar janu ger k niche de thapda de thapda muh laal kar de.

ravinderpannu
March 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
bhai mere joke ni aur post bot delete hoyi se.....kise ne kahu to koi jawab ni deta......ya to edit kar de se post ya delete.
bhai yo kaam dekh k mane to aade likhna e chod diya.......
koi delete kare to bhai sachi me kasuta gussa aave se aur isa jee kar janu ger k niche de thapda de thapda muh laal kar de.

किम बात नि विकास भाई , घणा छो नी ठाया करदे ...!!!
प्रसिद्ध डाइलोक ''क्रोध को पलना सीख कशी'' ..........

vikasJAT
March 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
किम बात नि विकास भाई , घणा छो नी ठाया करदे ...!!!
प्रसिद्ध डाइलोक ''क्रोध को पलना सीख कशी'' ..........

bhai gussa kare te bhi k fayda hai, bus ek pm ya mail kar k e puch saka han ki delte ya edit kyu kari, uska reply bhi na aata.
jab koi zabardast mudda uthe hai moderators k against tab ja k koi bole hai ki han bhai teri post me yo khot tha, teri me vo khot tha, aur koi bole dhyan ni delete kari thi ya ni.....
eb k kara ja ise ise reply mile te...... baki hum to kuch ni bolte bhai, chup chap aava han aur joke padh k chale java han, kyuki bera se je kise topic pe apne dil ki baat likh di to kal tak vo reply ya delete hona hai ya edit.........

Bhai ghana ni bolta ebb, na to ya post bhi delte ho sake hai......hahahhahahahha

gaganjat
June 18th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Good thread ! I am surprised how come this thread is here. It is worth deleting. Generally 90 percent of my posts get deleted by some moderator so I thought no point looking writing here or come here regularly. I still like to have a quick look though ...once in a month or so. I am sure there will be few more people like me who laugh at the way this site is moderated. The minimum age for a moderator should be 18 Years (ADULT) who can handle people talking the way they talk in real life.

riyaa
June 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I have stopped visiting jatland as there was a day it was more than a facebook to me..I will say,admin should increase the number of mods as there are too many users and threads, but be careful while giving someone power here!!

VirJ
June 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Generally a site is moderated as the owner want it to moderated. Moderator is just a means to achieve the 'pre-defined' goals/enforce 'pre-defined' guidelines. Increasing number of mods would have little effect, I think.

I would say moderation here is "OK" overall based on my experience across similar other community websites.

akshaymalik84
June 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Generally a site is moderated as the owner want it to moderated. Moderator is just a means to achieve the 'pre-defined' goals/enforce 'pre-defined' guidelines. Increasing number of mods would have little effect, I think.

I would say moderation here is "OK" overall based on my experience across similar other community websites.

Moderation is OK but they can not remove unsocial words in "Ads by Google" even after notification. Is it for commercial purpose?

rakeshsehrawat
June 22nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Moderation is OK but they can not remove unsocial words in "Ads by Google" even after notification. Is it for commercial purpose?

Pakad gya baat ne

satyeshwar
June 23rd, 2011, 02:01 AM

Where are you seeing these ads? Are you seeing anything wrong all the time or is it sporadic?
-Satyeshwar

akshaymalik84
June 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Where are you seeing these ads? Are you seeing anything wrong all the time or is it sporadic?
-Satyeshwar

Not all the time. Its kind of irregular. May be depends on kind of thread opened a no. of times.

ravinderpannu
June 23rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Good thread ! I am surprised how come this thread is here. It is worth deleting. Generally 90 percent of my posts get deleted by some moderator so I thought no point looking writing here or come here regularly. I still like to have a quick look though ...once in a month or so. I am sure there will be few more people like me who laugh at the way this site is moderated. The minimum age for a moderator should be 18 Years (ADULT) who can handle people talking the way they talk in real life.

Gagan Bhai,
Minimum age should be 28 for moderation as at 18 guys/gals tend to be more aggresive ,,but by 28 they develop understanding of thoughts :)

rakeshsehrawat
June 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Gagan Bhai,
Minimum age should be 28 for moderation as at 18 guys/gals tend to be more aggresive ,,but by 28 they develop understanding of thoughts :)

Tu apne number jod rehya hai ke?

gaganjat
June 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Gagan Bhai,

sarcasm brother sarcasm ! they are all well above 28 i believe lol

rakeshsehrawat
July 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Kasuti Google Ads aawe hain ajkal
Thode din pehlam to aur bhi naas uth rehya tha

vdhillon
August 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM

You have a wrong surname, hence your post deserve to be deleted. Or may be you do not qualify as an orthodox padha-likha unpad--ganwar jat. Its your fault for being liberal, progressive, rational and humanist. Jaise jahil Modey honge, waisey hi toh moderation karenge. Bhai here is no place for misfits like you. Become morally and intellectually bankrupt, proclaim supremacy of castist agenda, lend your support for evil of honor killing, hob nob with gossipy galie-mein-peedha-daal-ke-baithne-wali-aunties-from-medieval-ages and you will fit right in.. welcome to the family bro ;)

PS: Heera koyale ki khan mein hi milta hai aur kamal kichad mein hi khilta hai. Though site is dominated by regressive noisy medieval ganwars, you will find occasional intellectual GEMS who are a treat to interact with but talibanis of this site run them out soon. Gangup with the dangar types and you are at home.

urmiladuhan
August 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
PS: you will find occasional intellectual GEMS who are a treat to interact with

true! - they are a treat :)

Regards,

Urmila.

vdhillon
August 2nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
han bebe urmila... those Gems are so damn good that they make the effort of enduring junk worthwhile ... I for one has been benefited by wonderful and meaningful friendship of "real people" like VP Singh ji, Ravinder bhai, Vikas bhai and few select more.

Im returning here after many months... hence had ample time to reflect. So my ratings are:

1. Intent of site: Great

2. Execution of the intent: Mixed

3. How well/professionally Run:
Low (an org is as good as its resources, appoint orthodox padhe-likhe-unpad as mods and you get this kinda orthodoxy, lacks defined vision, implementation, unable to harness the collective creative energies of members to enhance the site to take it to the next stage)

4. Quality of Mods: overall Low (occasionally Medium/High, mostly very low and regressive, erratic and arbitrary)

5. Dominant pressure Group: Unethical regressive ganwar.

6. Why one must not visit this: See item 4 and 5.

7. Why one must visit this: You will meet few, but high quality life-long friends... There are GEMS who make it worthwhile. So what do you do. Dont participate in threads, simply observe progressive and intellectual people, add them as friends and interact privately or on other popular social media.

8. Credit to Founder and Successor: FULL, HIGH.
Despite my ratings, I know it aint easy to run a website, face brickbats, impossible to please all members, pay from own pocket to take **** from members, etc. So khudos for persisting with the initiative. Search the soul, take it to the next stage, or pass on to new gen of leadership, or else it is already dying a slow death.

true! - they are a treat :)

Regards,

Urmila.

satyeshwar
August 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Vishal,
I disagree to several things you have said and I believe the reason why you are saying them is because you have stale info. If you would have been regularly visiting over the past couple of months, you would have seen a marked difference in the moderation aspects with a much more hands-off attitude.
I heard several great ideas from your side months back but seems like you were more interested in preaching rather than execution as you haven't taken any initiatives by yourself.
-Satyeshwar

vdhillon
August 3rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Vishal,
I disagree to several things you have said and I believe the reason why you are saying them is because you have stale info. If you would have been regularly visiting over the past couple of months, you would have seen a marked difference in the moderation aspects with a much more hands-off attitude.
I heard several great ideas from your side months back but seems like you were more interested in preaching rather than execution as you haven't taken any initiatives by yourself.
-Satyeshwar

I believe in action, not preaching. No point banging head against stones.

Sorry bhai if I hurt your ego, or if you felt threatened by my ideas. It takes a visionary, decisive action-oriented leader with robust self-esteem to take constructive feedback and execute it. I only believe in high ROI actions, I executed my ideas to create a 50K member group elsewhere. Good luck.

gaganjat
August 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
LOL Very true Brother very true !

:) but you still get that system generated email.....'phalana-phalana we are missing you on Jatland now we have lot of new topics come and contribute...hilarious !

If you write the way you used to write 'My best friend' ,,,,,'Diwali-The festival of lights' they are cool. Dusri-teesri ke baccho jaise baat karo you will fit right in.

Initially this site was pretty good,,, you bash each other , you write good or bad, constructive or destructive, get into arguments ....no problems there.. there was a freedom which I enjoy and that is what we do in real life and I am pretty sure other fellows who are grown ups can take a lil bit of sh;it and give a lil bit of sh;it...its all interaction between brothers doesnt matter how old you are ,, doesnt matter what you do,,doesnt matter where you live. And yes things are more constructive that way as people get to know each other well.

Look at Delhi Jat meet thread they are trying to organise a meet for I dont know how long but nothing happened. Why? only because people are too formal here Jato wali koi baat nahi...essay likhte raho yaha ar badi-badi bate karo samaj sudhar ki ..politics ki..

When a new moderator 'take a charge' here he behaves as if he some 'Imandaar Inspector of some old school movie' jo apne farz ki ar wardi ki laaz rakhne ke liye kisi ko bhi ban ya kisi post ko bhi delete kar sakta hai.

Moderators got to enjoy and let others others enjoy let them bash each other they can cope with that ...let them write what they write let them get into arguments..be more realistic. See how that goes!

You have a wrong surname, hence your post deserve to be deleted. Or may be you do not qualify as an orthodox padha-likha unpad--ganwar jat. Its your fault for being liberal, progressive, rational and humanist. Jaise jahil Modey honge, waisey hi toh moderation karenge. Bhai here is no place for misfits like you. Become morally and intellectually bankrupt, proclaim supremacy of castist agenda, lend your support for evil of honor killing, hob nob with gossipy galie-mein-peedha-daal-ke-baithne-wali-aunties-from-medieval-ages and you will fit right in.. welcome to the family bro ;)

PS: Heera koyale ki khan mein hi milta hai aur kamal kichad mein hi khilta hai. Though site is dominated by regressive noisy medieval ganwars, you will find occasional intellectual GEMS who are a treat to interact with but talibanis of this site run them out soon. Gangup with the dangar types and you are at home.

satyeshwar
August 3rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
I believe in action, not preaching. No point banging head against stones.

Sorry bhai if I hurt your ego, or if you felt threatened by my ideas. It takes a visionary, decisive action-oriented leader with robust self-esteem to take constructive feedback and execute it. I only believe in high ROI actions, I executed my ideas to create a 50K member group elsewhere. Good luck.

Once again, you are misconstruing what I wrote intentionally or unintentionally. You did not hurt my ego and I never felt threatened by your ideas. In fact, I welcomed them and challenged you to implement them as well. However, I saw no response from your side. The site is made up of it's members. Moderators cannot take the burden of implementing all great ideas. These initiatives must be led by members. We can help where possible and provide a platform for members to build upon their ideas. However, it doesn't seem like you are interested.

SALURAM
August 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
वेब साईट पे फेसबुक रो like बटन शामिल करण खातर शेतेश्वर जी आपने घने मान सु धन्यवाद.........................

dahiyarocks
October 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM
vishal mein du teri batta ka jwab?????????

dekhiye kde fb ki tariya ahdde bhi bhajya na tawe tu................

tu SHEG pe ja ke khokhli bat kre ja.......ude e badiya lagge se tu