PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Jats

Ambijat
December 12th, 2010, 05:15 AM
NEW DELHI: Major General R K Hooda (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/search?q=R%20K%20Hooda), currently additional director general of mechanised forces at the Army HQ in New Delhi (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/New-Delhi), will now face a court of inquiry (CoI) for his alleged role in the infamous Adarsh Housing society scam which has rocked the armed forces like never before.

Sources on Saturday said the Pune-based Southern Army Command has ordered the CoI against Maj-Gen Hooda, who was posted in Mumbai (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Mumbai) as theGeneral-officer-Commanding, Maharashtra and Goa area from late-2007 to around July this year.

Apart from three former Service chiefs, including Generals N C Vij and Deepak Kapoor, and several other officers, Maj-Gen Hooda was one of the flat allottes in the illegal 31-storey building in the premium Coloba area...

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Maj-Gen-faces-court-of-inquiry-for-Adarsh-scam/articleshow/7084947.cms

singhvp
December 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
This is only tip of iceberg. There could be many more scandals and misdemeanors involving our revered defence personnel which are hushed up in the name of secrecy. Media doesn't have an easy access in the domain of Defence services due to iron curtain.

VirJ
December 12th, 2010, 10:41 AM
This is only tip of iceberg. There could be many more scandals and misdemeanors involving our revered defence personnel which are hushed up in the name of secrecy. Media doesn't have an easy access in the domain of Defence services due to iron curtain.

Yes possible.

I was about to reply to your previous post but just realized that you have edited it and completely changed the essence of the post.

singhvp
December 12th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yes possible.

I was about to reply to your previous post but just realized that you have edited it and completely changed the essence of the post.

Vipin, you are right. I changed the previous post realizing that it might irk some people including moderators as it was completely shrouded in sarcasm.

rkumar
December 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Corruption in India has reached to the level where country can implode any time. Hardly there is any walk of life where one can find honest people. Everyone wants easy money and misuses his position as much as he can. Common man has reached to the position of helplessness.

RK^2

Ambijat
December 15th, 2010, 12:30 PM
There are several aspects to raise this issue on this forum.

Firstly, it is not a forum to judge any individual, be that person happens to be a Jat. Though the issue of community feeling the presure due to such acts is of some importance. As, if many of you might remember that the current Army Chief when he was among the probables to make for the top post. A lot of speculation was made whether he is a Jat. It often has been a natural desire to see one of the Jats for the top post.

The crises arises from this dilemma. We do not wish to give up the caste fancy for the post of Army Chief. And, when we find the names of one of the senior most of our men in such scandal we try to be defensive. This hypocrisy is one of the things that the enlightened people on this forum must make note of. This has particular bearing for the men in uniform otherwise we are generally comfortable with corrupt politicians, even they happen to be our folks.

Second, thing is that the need to reference the social and political issues from community perspective has its important bearing on the general state of society and if its healthy then there are opportunities for a particular community and if it is negative then the community suffers. This was noticeable in the caste of gotra marriage debate.

Corruption is going to be an important issue for coming years of national political life. Lets not forget that for the sake of defending the the people of our community who are in high posts, the issue of corruption must not be left out and it has to be fought tooth and nail.

Thanks!

Samarkadian
December 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Firstly, it is not a forum to judge any individual, be that person happens to be a Jat. Though the issue of community feeling the presure due to such acts is of some importance. As, if many of you might remember that the current Army Chief when he was among the probables to make for the top post. A lot of speculation was made whether he is a Jat. It often has been a natural desire to see one of the Jats for the top post.

The crises arises from this dilemma. We do not wish to give up the caste fancy for the post of Army Chief. And, when we find the names of one of the senior most of our men in such scandal we try to be defensive. This hypocrisy is one of the things that the enlightened people on this forum must make note of. This has particular bearing for the men in uniform otherwise we are generally comfortable with corrupt politicians, even they happen to be our folks.

Second, thing is that the need to reference the social and political issues from community perspective has its important bearing on the general state of society and if its healthy then there are opportunities for a particular community and if it is negative then the community suffers. This was noticeable in the caste of gotra marriage debate.

Corruption is going to be an important issue for coming years of national political life. Lets not forget that for the sake of defending the the people of our community who are in high posts, the issue of corruption must not be left out and it has to be fought tooth and nail.Thanks!

Allow us to ask How of bold and underlined text. Further effectiveness of howin a nation much diverse than milkyway.

singhvp
December 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM
oroginally written by Ambrish Dhaka

Very important point raised. Whenever, someone from other community is found involved in corruption scandals, we are apt to offer our critical comments. Barkha Dutt and Vir Sanghvi are recent examples. Now that someone from our own community is facing the same charges, most of our members have preferred a calculated silence. The present case underlines the fact that simply being born in a particular community does not make one great. It is the deeds which make a man great. The caste tag is not relevant everywhere. Let us stop harping on the old tune "Jats are the Supreme Race" in all matters. Start respecting other communities as respect begets respect.

jagmohan
December 15th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Dear All,

In these times I am not at all amazed to see senior defense officers too getting corrupted like their civilian counterparts. Corruption normally breeds at those places where there is interaction between an authority that can ‘give’ (License, Permit, Passport, Driving License, Certificate etc.) and the general public that ‘wants’. The society had accepted this fact and was living with it. No one was very agitated. However, now the problem of corruption has started impinging on national security. The rot began when Criminals – Media Personalities (sic) – Business Leaders and Politicians joined hands and started to loot nation's wealth and resources. What has come out is indeed only tip of an iceberg.

We must however differentiate between the corruption by Serving Armed Forces Personnel and that being indulged to by Criminals – Media Personalities (sic) – Business Leaders and Politicians. I am personally ashamed to know that previous chiefs of the Army and Naval Staff have sold their souls for a flat and that too in the name of Kargil Martyrs. There are others officers too who were posted in Mumbai when this whole Adarsh Housing Society scam started. I happened to be posted in Mumbai from Mar 1997 to May 2001 and personally know most of these officers who should now face court martial and shame. The most surprising fact is that most of these officers are from the Fighting Arms (Infantry, Artillery & Armed Corps). In the Japanese Army when ever such indignation came a Generals way, they committed ‘harakiri’ because they could not face their troops. But here they are shameless.

I fail to understand as to how such corrupt officers have reached the rank of a General. I dread the undermining of the forces morale. These idiots have taken out the wind from the sails of the genuine cause being taken up by ex-servicemen, namely 'One Rank – One Pension'. I think as a first step all Regiments should socially boycott them and take off their names from all officers associations. Their Club Memberships should be withdrawn. Bane them from attending any official or quasi – official function hereafter. They must be boycotted by the armed forces. How could they barter away the love and respect of the poorest Indian for a few bucks? They have caused harm to the forces morale and also gone down few notches in the eyes of a grateful nation. Even Pakistan and China combined could not have caused so much harm.

I would request members to socially boycott these corrupt officers, howsoever high in rank, from your own social circle.

Best regards,

JS Malik

amitdabas22
December 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Well said VP sir !

But the corruption in the country has made us all so thick skinned that such news are no more tantalising to our taste buds anymore.
What is Adarsh Scam in front of a 3G, Bofors or other scandals ! We should not even blink an eyelash at such punitive a scandal !

We rather want some REAAAALLLL thing ! One that would make us bite our fingernails in amazement.
Lets bring on a new Telgi from within ourselves !!
I would be proud of that.

narendersingh
December 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Well said VP sir !

But the corruption in the country has made us all so thick skinned that such news are no more tantalising to our taste buds anymore.
What is Adarsh Scam in front of a 3G, Bofors or other scandals ! We should not even blink an eyelash at such punitive a scandal !

We rather want some REAAAALLLL thing ! One that would make us bite our fingernails in amazement.
Lets bring on a new Telgi from within ourselves !!
I would be proud of that.

We Indians should vote and support -Corruption be included in Olympic Games I am sure we will bag all the medals in this categories with clean sweep

Shall we start a new thread.Visit thread in Humour section

Ambijat
December 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
We Indians should vote and support -Corruption be included in Olympic Games I am sure we will bag all the medals in this categories with clean sweep
Shall we start a new thread.Visit thread in Humour section

This is another case of reflexive admittance of corruption in our lives. We can condescend it as humour; I believe humour should not be sarcasm.
Just think how we react to the moral corruption. Do we condescend it as humour? Our value system needs overhaul, we must learn to hate corruption and ostracise such social association which are flourishing on corrupt behaviour.

rameshlakra
December 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
A tamilain has been sentenced to 1 year Rigorous Imprisonment for taking a bribe of Rs 50/- seventeen years back. He is asking judiciary what about Bofors, fodders scam, CWG, adrash and 2G scams?
This is the classic case of our Judiciary who are too late and too little (in this case absurd also).
We need independent bodies to look into corruption cases at the fast track special courts?
All other cases should be put on hold (in any case it takes minimum 15 years for a small theft/propoerty/accident and civil/criminal cases).
Judiciary needs Judge and some shake up before Police and the Executives.
let there be fear in the minds of those who wish to indulge in such practices.

amitdabas22
December 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM
A tamilain has been sentenced to 1 year Rigorous Imprisonment for taking a bribe of Rs 50/- seventeen years back. He is asking judiciary what about Bofors, fodders scam, CWG, adrash and 2G scams?
This is the classic case of our Judiciary who are too late and too little (in this case absurd also).
We need independent bodies to look into corruption cases at the fast track special courts?
All other cases should be put on hold (in any case it takes minimum 15 years for a small theft/propoerty/accident and civil/criminal cases).
Judiciary needs Judge and some shake up before Police and the Executives.
let there be fear in the minds of those who wish to indulge in such practices.

this is exactly what i am talking about !!
Bribe of Rs 50 and you go to jail....eat a thousand crores and u end up a winner !!
JL has a solution !! No !
Anyone else! No!!
So enjoy AND Grab a thick slice !!

rameshlakra
December 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM
this is exactly what i am talking about !!
Bribe of Rs 50 and you go to jail....eat a thousand crores and u end up a winner !!
JL has a solution !! No !
Anyone else! No!!
So enjoy AND Grab a thick slice !!

I think we should all be aware and spread that little light in this thick darkness to the people we know.
and yes, thick slice we can have any way:)

Fateh
April 4th, 2011, 04:29 PM

Defence personnel also come from same families, since corruption has totally captured our society, infact every one in the society directly or indirectly involved and is responsible for the present state of corruption. I donot support corruption but VP Bhai I can tell you, still defence is much batter in comparision to all other parts of our society. There is no iron curtain, infact it is noticed that even very small incident is highlighted in a bigway with wrong facts and people belive it because of less knowledge about defence. The fact is the defence of the country and defence personnel in service or after retirement, are totally neglected economically & socially by our managers of the nation and the society as a whole and this is the reason of increasing depression, discontenment and corruption in defence forces. I know Gen Hooda well because he was my junior in my Battalian, also having knowledge & long experience in defence, I feel these officers are used with some personal benifit by bigger corrupt people. However, bad name to defence forces have come whether less or more corrupt. Positive point is atlist inquiry is conducted in a proper manner, highest positions were blamed and I am sure some will be suitably punished. For your information, the weapon of secracy for hiding corruption is used/fired at the cabnet and ministry level where there is no defence person, yes at time to coverup some small incident,the respect/name of Regiment/ institution is utelised in good faith or otherwise. I fully agree with you that good or bad people are in all communities and jats are no exception, but I can tell you Rk will be punished and why not, but had there been officer from some other community in his place, the outcome might have been different. Another point to note -you see how many jats have spoken against Hooda, had the officer been from some other community, his community people would have choosen atlist silence, so that is difference. I feel, our (I) is very strong but our (WE) is always poor.

anilsangwan
April 6th, 2011, 06:14 AM
That is true sir. Corruption ki jadd bahut puraaani hain..........Lekin Congress ke raaj mein corruption ka pedd bilkul taro-taaza ho jaata hai ;-) .

Corruption in India has reached to the level where country can implode any time. Hardly there is any walk of life where one can find honest people. Everyone wants easy money and misuses his position as much as he can. Common man has reached to the position of helplessness.

RK^2

ravinderpannu
April 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Defence personnel also come from same families, since corruption has totally captured our society, infact every one in the society directly or indirectly involved and is responsible for the present state of corruption. I donot support corruption but VP Bhai I can tell you, still defence is much batter in comparision to all other parts of our society. There is no iron curtain, infact it is noticed that even very small incident is highlighted in a bigway with wrong facts and people belive it because of less knowledge about defence. The fact is the defence of the country and defence personnel in service or after retirement, are totally neglected economically & socially by our managers of the nation and the society as a whole and this is the reason of increasing depression, discontenment and corruption in defence forces. I know Gen Hooda well because he was my junior in my Battalian, also having knowledge & long experience in defence, I feel these officers are used with some personal benifit by bigger corrupt people. However, bad name to defence forces have come whether less or more corrupt. Positive point is atlist inquiry is conducted in a proper manner, highest positions were blamed and I am sure some will be suitably punished. For your information, the weapon of secracy for hiding corruption is used/fired at the cabnet and ministry level where there is no defence person, yes at time to coverup some small incident,the respect/name of Regiment/ institution is utelised in good faith or otherwise. I fully agree with you that good or bad people are in all communities and jats are no exception, but I can tell you Rk will be punished and why not, but had there been officer from some other community in his place, the outcome might have been different. Another point to note -you see how many jats have spoken against Hooda, had the officer been from some other community, his community people would have choosen atlist silence, so that is difference. I feel, our (I) is very strong but our (WE) is always poor.

Sir ji,
I strongly believe that a person of that caliber can't be used by some one else unless he himself is willing to do something (wrong).
suspects are caught,,that's good..now they should be punished..that's better..!!

..............and congress is adding fuel to fire...nourishing corruptions (now they are involving Army persons too)as a hardworking farmer nourishes 306(wheat)...!!!!

Fateh
April 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Brother, I agree with you, believe me when I read the news first time, I spoke to him & TOLD HIM SAME THING WHAT YOU FEEL. bUT BROTHER GREED IS ONE OF THE WEAKNESS TROUBLING MOST OF US And probably he never thought that it was such a big wrong. anyway nobody can say that they are right. It is shameful act and they must pay for their deads. Time, place, position, power, authority etc do effect bahaviour of many of us & RK is one of those weak & poor personalities, unfortunate. Trust me brother, I am neither spporting him norjustifying his action but feeling sorry and bad.I have no place for such people.