PDA

View Full Version : Sun Salutation

deependra
December 14th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Sun Salutation is considered to be a very good exercise for the body, mind and soul. I was just wondering if it can be a substitute for other exercises like running/games etc in order to maitain a perfect health and fitness. If yes, how many repititions should be done everyday.

singhvp
December 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Sun Salutation is considered to be a very good exercise for the body, mind and soul. I was just wondering if it can be a substitute for other exercises like running/games etc in order to maitain a perfect health and fitness. If yes, how many repititions should be done everyday.

Yes, sun salutation (surya namaskar) is really very useful, especially for ladies. But it cannot be a substitute to other exercises, especially for those who are still live and kicking. They need to burn more calories by way of other exercises. Jogging is one of the best exercise for persons of all age groups. If you do any sport, it is another good way to keep yourself fit. Also, some yoga postures really help us in maintaining ourselves and keeping our vigour and vitality intact.

cooljat
December 14th, 2010, 09:46 AM

It arguably the best exercise regime & considered as complete full body work out. Benefits of Suryanmaskar are enormous as it stretches, strengthen almost every part of the body and also give a good cardio-vascular workout.

Start with 5-6 repitations repetitions and increase with 12 to 21 repetitions, in winters try to increase it more. 108 is the magic number but it'll take a lot of regular practice. Btw pay attention to few details like Breathing (when to exhale and when to inhale), rhythm, practice it in early morning (around sun rise time).

Read more - http://hubpages.com/hub/benefits-of-surya-namaskar

Cheers
Jit

deependra
December 15th, 2010, 12:13 AM

It arguably the best exercise regime & considered as complete full body work out. Benefits of Suryanmaskar are enormous as it stretches, strengthen almost every part of the body and also give a good cardio-vascular workout.

Start with 5-6 repitations repetitions and increase with 12 to 21 repetitions, in winters try to increase it more. 108 is the magic number but it'll take a lot of regular practice. Btw pay attention to few details like Breathing (when to exhale and when to inhale), rhythm, practice it in early morning (around sun rise time).

Read more - http://hubpages.com/hub/benefits-of-surya-namaskar

Cheers
Jit

Thanks VP Singh ji and Jeeta bhai. I have been practising it for few days regularly and stopped my desi pushups and situps(As I don't get that much time in the morning to continue with both of them). Yes, inhaling and exhaling is really important while doing yogasans. Though I have been doing yogasans for long but never tried Sun Salutation regularly. I was thinking of increasing the count so thought of checking how many rep should be feasible for a healthy person.