PDA

View Full Version : Safety of Women ???

pragati
December 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM
It is said that women are the most beautiful creation of the Almighty. But every day we come to know about the cases of female infanticide, sexual harassment of both working and non-working females. At present, women and girls are not safe in office premises, public places, on roads and even behind the doors of their homes.
A significant proportion of the respondents in a public perception survey during the preparation of Human Development Report for Delhi showed that the streets of Delhi are becoming more and more unsafe for girls. Girls are facing fear of harassment, attack, assult, rape and murder. Crimes against women are also committed by close relatives within the walls.
Delhi NCR have a relatively high crime rate compared to other cites like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore etc. Recently a girl was sexually assaulted and one was raped in Nov, 2010 near Dhaula Kuan in Delhi.
This mishap brought many things in limelight as for the safety issues for females specially in Delhi NCR, bad service of police, quality of safety and service provided by the companies and last but not least the mind-set of today's well educated, high profile working guys because past records in Delhi NCR showed that 99 % crime reported by such educated, working boys.

amitdabas22
December 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
It is said that women are the most beautiful creation of the Almighty. But every day we come to know about the cases of female infanticide, sexual harassment of both working and non-working females. At present, women and girls are not safe in office premises, public places, on roads and even behind the doors of their homes.
A significant proportion of the respondents in a public perception survey during the preparation of Human Development Report for Delhi showed that the streets of Delhi are becoming more and more unsafe for girls. Girls are facing fear of harassment, attack, assult, rape and murder. Crimes against women are also committed by close relatives within the walls.
Delhi NCR have a relatively high crime rate compared to other cites like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore etc. Recently a girl was sexually assaulted and one was raped in Nov, 2010 near Dhaula Kuan in Delhi.
This mishap brought many things in limelight as for the safety issues for females specially in Delhi NCR, bad service of police, quality of safety and service provided by the companies and last but not least the mind-set of today's well educated, high profile working guys because past records in Delhi NCR showed that 99 % crime reported by such educated, working boys.

I agree with your observation which is as much a fact for anyone living in Delhi.
Also i have friends (girls) in all the metros and small towns who share the same views about Delhi. A girl can walk alone at the Marine Drive in Mumbai at Midnight but she dare not venture out alone even in the evening in Delhi.
Who is to be blamed for: Police ? Girls ? Guys ? Drinking ?
Police are the same everywhere, in everycity.
Girls are also the same everywhere and so is drinking habits of people.
Guys too.
too confused to discuss any other reasons ?

Might be the presence of too many outsiders as the Home Minister says!
or might be everybody has a Jugaad in Delhi and is connected to some politician in someway.
or may just be that Delhi lads just have too much of hormonal imbalance!!

Every Crime has a reason and there may be too many analyses.

singhvp
December 15th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I agree with your observation which is as much a fact for anyone living in Delhi.
Also i have friends (girls) in all the metros and small towns who share the same views about Delhi. A girl can walk alone at the Marine Drive in Mumbai at Midnight but she dare not venture out alone even in the evening in Delhi.
Guys too.

or might be everybody has a Jugaad in Delhi and is connected to some politician in someway.

A good and timely topic indeed.

Ironically, the incidence of sex related crime is much more than in the so-called open and 'perverted' societies. It is a matter of shame for a country which many people are not tired of proclaiming to be a spiritual leader with rich cultural heritage. "Wo kahan hain jinhe Hind par Naaz hai".

tasvir7
December 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Muslim birth ma(c)hine...

July 18, 2007

Mewat (Haryana): A 40-year-old woman in Mewat district of Haryana gave birth to her 23rd child on Sunday. The baby was born to Bismillah (40) and Mohammad Ishaq (50) at the nearby Al-Afia Government Hospital in the district.

http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/out/images/1184737478_iss.jpg
Mohammad Ishaq and Bismillah with their family of 23 at a village in Mewat, Haryana

The couple were married in 1976 and since then, Bismillah has given birth to 23 children, the latest addition being a female child who was born on Sunday and named Shabira.

God's gifts

http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/out/images/1184737519_iss1.jpg
Bismillah with her 23rd child, Shabira
Speaking to MiD DAY, a happy and delighted father, Mohammad Ishaq said, "Yeh though sab Allah ki den hai, agar hamara chaubiswa baccha agle sal hua though woh bhi hum Allah ki den samjhenge. (All this is Allah's gift. If we get a 24th child next year, we will welcome it too)"
Too many to recall
However, when MiD DAY asked him the names of his children, Ishaq had to take help from his son and neighbors. "I find it very difficult to remember their names as they all look the same," he said. Ishaq, builds thatched roofs in nearby villages and ferries goods for shops in the vicinity for a living.
Bismillah the mother of 23 children, hopes that her children will take care of her. "I feed my children chicken, mutton and chivda, with my daughters helping me in the cooking," she says.
लोग बच्चे पैदा करके भूल जाते हैं ,उनके नाम नहीं बता सकते . परवरिश करना तो दूर की बात है / यही बच्चे बाद में अशिक्षित . बेरोजगार होकर अपराध का रास्ता अपना लेते हैं / धोला कुआँ बलात्कार केस में भी इसी क्षेत्र के लड़के थे /

pragati
December 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Guys too.

yeah, that's true....i listen the statement of Honorable DPC regarding the Gang-rape in Delhi and he was revealing the faults of Delhi Police and also stated that companies must provide very tight security for their women employees. But the question stands that how long our administration will active ? Is the Government and administration thinking to lock females behind the doors ? Is this the example of representing as one of a fastest developing country ?
I have listen many stories by friends (girls) about the disgusting behaviour of so called educated, high profile working boys, who show themselves like gentlemen but have an animal inside. Such kind of people also portray themselves as a v nice person in their families. This is not to blame all male person, there are all kind of girls as well. i am not saying that all men are like that, there are people who are living with their culture and values, but what to do with that crowd who indulge themselves in such kind of activities ? They even don't know ki wo apni jindgi ko kaha le jana chahte hain......

vikasJAT
December 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Ye baat sahi kahi ki Delhi me girls ki safety bahut kam hai compare to other states like Chennai, Banglore and Pune.
Maine yaha Chennai me ye baat achi dekhi hai ki raat ko 12 baje bhi ek ladki akele road pe ja sakti hai kyuki yaha safety jyda hai as well as logo ki mentality bhi thek hai.

Lekin Delhi me Dhola Kuaa, Nehru place etc kuch aisi jagah hain jaha raat ko kya din me bhi safety nahi hai.
Delhi ka aisa haal isliye hai kyuki yaha backward states like Bihar k bahut hain jo educated to hote ni aur daily sham ko drink, drugs etc use karte hain aur fir unka dimag in ulte kaam me he jyda chalta hai.
Rahi baat educated peoples ki to aajkal vo bhi is ghatiya kaam me nahi sharmate kyuki har kisi ka kisi na kisi way me politicians ya police officers se links hote hain aur is vajah se vo kam darte hain.

Is tarah k crimes ko rokne k liye ek to government ko strict hona chahiye aur kuch logo ko apni mentality change karni chaiye.....unhe kuch bhi aise karne se p[ehle ye sochna chahiye ki is ladki ki jagah unki behan ho to bhi vo aise he karenge??????

pragati
December 15th, 2010, 07:00 PM
unhe kuch bhi aise karne se pehle ye sochna chahiye ki is ladki ki jagah unki behan ho to bhi vo aise he karenge??????

V well said....

vikasJAT
December 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Pakistan me suna hai ki aise crime karne walo ko jaan se maar dete hain........ ye rule India me bhi hona chahiye.
India me agar aisi strictness ho jaye to koi bhi insaan aisa karne se pehle ye jarur sochega (jinki sifarish hai vo bhi) ki agar tu pakda gaya aur tere sabhi jugaad bhi kaam ni aaye to use apni jaan se hath dhona padega. fir vo kya pata ye crime na bhi kare kyuki sabhi ko apni jaan pyari hoti hai.

Lekin India me jo ye rules hain vo strict nahi hain ek to sajaye maut ni milti aur dusra koi pakda bhi jata hai to jyda se jyda 7 years ki jail ho jati hai. aur sun ne me aaya hai ki aajkal jail me facility itni jyda de rakhi hain jo insaan ko bahar mil k b ni milti... pehle wali jail me ni rahi aajkal to.

Delhi me jo ye jhopad-patti ka area hai inme sabse jyda crime hota hai.....waha se to akeli ladki raat ko kya din me bhi ni ja sakti, itna kharab mahol hai ki vo din me bhi drink kiye rehte hain aur duniya se itne faltu hote hain ki aise crime karne se ni darte.

Delhi Police Hamesha Aapke Sath hai... May I help you!

YE WORDS POLICE STATION AND POLICE BOOTH PE LIKHE HOTE HAIN lekin jab koi ladki akele inse help lene jaye to ye apni responsiblity bhul kar ye crime karte hain bina kisi dar k ,kyuki ye sochte hain ki tum he sab kuch ho koi tumhara kuch ni kar sakta.
Example Ruchika Kand
Aise aise bahut case police walo k khilaf mil jyenge fark itna hai ki koi case medai public k samne le aati hai to koi reh jata hai.

Ye crime agar kisi garib ladki k sath hota hai to unhe chup rehna padta hai kyuki vo ye sochte hain ki unki jaan bhi ja sakti hai aur muh khola to ladki ki shadi me problems aayengi, isliye vo chup he rehte hain......
isi majburi ka farda ye ghatiya log uthate hain, pehle garib ladkiyo ko apna sikar banate hain aur fir middle families ko.

Main baat hai ki logo me ab dar nahi raha, aur na vo dusro k bare me sochte ki unki is galti se kisi ki zindagi barbaad bhi hoti hai.

Likhne ko to bahut kuch hai aur kya kya likhu, I think we all known all these things.

pragati
December 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Delhi Police Hamesha Aapke Sath hai... May I help you!

:) :) aajkal ye sentance sirf ek majak hai.....Sorry mama ji

Main baat hai ki logo me ab dar nahi raha, aur na vo dusro k bare me sochte ki unki is galti se kisi ki zindagi barbaad bhi hoti hai.

jo log aisa soche ki is se kisi ki puri life kharab hoti hai to wo aisa karenge kyu ?...aise log kuch nahi sochte...aise logo ke liye ladki ki koi respect nahi hoti.....

rameshlakra
December 15th, 2010, 07:53 PM
The police along with judiciary is the major culprit

The police strength is too low and to make it worst even those are too busy in VIP security/ Movement of dignitaries etc, thus effectively reducing strength to 1 per 100000 citizen - it should be increased to 1 policeman per 1000

Callous attitude of police is another big reason - we all have been privy to seeing people just brazenly disregard traffic rules and the cop witnesses as mute helpless spectator.

The lesser said about our JUSTICE system, better it is. It is to defend people with power. It only shield criminal and instil no fear in them, instead the common man fears it and avoids it at any cost succumbing to the injustice being meted to him.
No one is afraid of law - the fear and timely justice will go a long way is curtailing not only this problem but the larger pandemic "the corruption"

The President of the country has hanging cases for mercy pending for 10 years or 20 years - for god sake take some decision "yes" or "no" and stop sending wrong message to everyone down the line. The CBI is puppet in the hands of the Govt, the justice system is always too little too late, the bureaucrats still living in the British era, very few honest politician and un-deterred corruption at the highest places. God only knows how things are happening in this country.

ashwaniranasaro
December 15th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Its a very big concern for the safety of womens in Delhi.Its all because of the all rubbish rules in India regarding sex related crimes on which government not acting actually than other crimes.Its also the fault of us to select corrupted politicians in Delhi and all over India.Womens are real power of Country for its development and all others thing.

So pls help Womens for their Safety in the Capital Of India.:cool:

vikasJAT
December 15th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Its a very big concern for the safety of womens in Delhi.Its all because of the all rubbish rules in India regarding sex related crimes on which government not acting actually than other crimes.Its also the fault of us to select corrupted politicians in Delhi and all over India.Womens are real power of Country for its development and all others thing.

So pls help Womens for their Safety in the Capital Of India.:cool:

Yes you are right "Its also the fault of us to select corrupted politicians in Delhi and all over India."

lekin bhai jo bhi politics me aata hai vo sare he aise hote hain to aapko unme se kisko vote karoge.........
agar elections me 30 members hain to sare aise he hain koi bhi saaf character ka nahi hota. aur jo elections me unke aage piche ghumte hain vo sirf isliye ghumte hain taki kuch power unhe bhi mil jaye.

Aaj k time me kisi aam insaan ki itni himmat ni hoti ki vo politics me jaye aur agar koi jata hai to ye use vaise goli ya accident me marva dete hain.

women safety ka ek he rasta hai ki courts aur Cbi ko politics se dur rakhna chahiye, taki vo apne kaam me koi pressure na mane. Lekin India me ye bhi ni ho sakta, kyuki agar koi case chalta bhi hai to logo k marne k baad he result aata hai.

ritu
December 15th, 2010, 09:00 PM
i read about the incident happened recently with a call centre girl.call centres owe responsibility of protection to these girls.i think timing of the shifts should be scheduled that way that shift should start before particular time in night and end after dawn.most of these incidences occur late in night.i will suggest to girls who has to work in these settings ..they should learn karrate,get fit.always keep pepper spray and even after that ther do not feel safe get a revolver and training to use it.

pragati
December 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Shayad India me hi halaat jayada kharab hain....I visited manila (Philippines) last year officially, i got an indian couple there, they are also working in same office branch there n residing near to the place where i was stayed there. Everyday, they called me at there home for dinner and after few days it became a routine for me to go to their place after office. Everyday, they both came to drop me at hotel after dinner because i clearly told them that i never went out at night even in India and i can come only if you people drop me back. One day, it was late at their home when some get-together of their indian friends there and because of my love about cooking, i took the responsibility to cook several Indian dishes for the guests. That day when that couple came to drop me at mid-night, i saw only girls and women on road and in road side open restra's, i was wondering, then they told me that yaha ladko ke liye raat ko bahar darr hai but ladkiya ekdum safe hai....aur rape bhi ladko ka hi hota hai..they told the reason as well but that's not good to write here...kaash India me bhi aisa hi kuch hota,:) then we girls can also taste icecream at india-gate midnite :)

ritu
December 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
pragati psychopaths are everywhere,though incidenes are less and partial reason is rate of population. fear of severe punishment and effective police system also stops perverts in western countries from doing these henious crimes.
Shayad India me hi halaat jayada kharab hain....I visited manila (Philippines) last year officially, i got a indian couple there, they are also working in same office brach there n residing near to the place where i was stayed there. Everyday, they called me at there home for dinner and after few days it became a routine for me to go to their place after office. Everyday, they both came to drop me at hotel after dinner because i clearly told them that i never went out even in India and i can come only if you people drop me back. One day, it was late at their home when some get-together of their indian friends there and because of my love about cooking, i took the responsibility to cook several Indian dishes for the guests. That day when that couple came to drop me at mid-night, i saw only girls and women on road and in road side open restra's, i was wondering, then they told me that yaha ladko ke liye raat ko bahar darr hai but ladkiya ekdum safe hai....aur rape bhi ladko ka hi hota hai..they told the reason as well but that's not good to write here...kaash India me bhi aisa hi kuch hota, then we girls can also taste icecream at india-gate midnite :)

akshaymalik84
December 15th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Shayad India me hi halaat jayada kharab hain....I visited manila (Philippines) last year officially, i got an indian couple there, they are also working in same office branch there n residing near to the place where i was stayed there. Everyday, they called me at there home for dinner and after few days it became a routine for me to go to their place after office. Everyday, they both came to drop me at hotel after dinner because i clearly told them that i never went out at night even in India and i can come only if you people drop me back. One day, it was late at their home when some get-together of their indian friends there and because of my love about cooking, i took the responsibility to cook several Indian dishes for the guests. That day when that couple came to drop me at mid-night, i saw only girls and women on road and in road side open restra's, i was wondering, then they told me that yaha ladko ke liye raat ko bahar darr hai but ladkiya ekdum safe hai....aur rape bhi ladko ka hi hota hai..they told the reason as well but that's not good to write here...kaash India me bhi aisa hi kuch hota,:) then we girls can also taste icecream at india-gate midnite :)

Would you like to encourage prostitution just for the sake of Icecream at midnight?

deependra
December 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM
pragati psychopaths are everywhere,though incidenes are less and partial reason is rate of population. fear of severe punishment and effective police system also stops perverts in western countries from doing these henious crimes.

I agree with you. The people will refrain themselves from doing such kind of shameful act if they have fear of severe punishment . People know that nothing is going to happen to them even if they committ the same crime multiple times which provokes them to repeat it many times. In the recent incindent of rape with the East Indian girl, one person was on bail(He had already committed the same crime earlier). I strongly believe that the culprits should be given severe punishment. There are few other factors also like-
- Girls should be more careful during night shifts and should avoid them as far as possible.
- Due to the impact of western culture the tendency of most of the boys is to enjoy the life and they can go any far and it doesn't matter to them destroying someone's life.
- Moral values are going down day by day as people are turning towards materealstic life. Not sure what happened to our country. This is the same country where Manu had declared-
यत्र नार्यस्तु पूज्यन्ते, रमन्ते तत्र देवता.
जहाँ नारियों की पूजा होती है वहां देवता निवास करते हैं.
- As pointed out by others here the law and system needs to be revisited to nail down this kind of incidents.

singhvp
December 15th, 2010, 09:59 PM
That day when that couple came to drop me at mid-night, i saw only girls and women on road and in road side open restra's, i was wondering, then they told me that yaha ladko ke liye raat ko bahar darr hai but ladkiya ekdum safe hai....aur rape bhi ladko ka hi hota hai..they told the reason as well but that's not good to write here...kaash India me bhi aisa hi kuch hota,:) then we girls can also taste icecream at india-gate midnite :)

The same is true about most of the European countries too. I got the same warning in Brussels (Belgium) where I used to go for jogging in a nearby park late in the evening after office hours. I used to encounter many young girls/ladies jogging in the park and lake-side in the dense woods. The other day I asked one of my local lady colleagues how safe they are in a lonely place at odd hours. She told me that here it is you who should watch out. Girls/women were quite safe. We never heard/read even a single incident of molestation/rape or indecency during our stay of about 3 and half year.

pragati
December 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Would you like to encourage prostitution just for the sake of Icecream at midnight?

I think everybody wants to stop prostitution rather than encourage it...
I meant to say only about the safety even at mid-night so that the girls can also walk out like boys......how would prostitution be encouraged by having icecream by girls at midnight at india-gate, sorry but i don't understand.....

singhvp
December 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I meant to say only about the safety even at mid-night so that the girls can also walk out like boys......how would prostitution be encouraged by having icecream by girls at midnight at india-gate, sorry but i don't understand.....

Pragati ji in India you can expect to relish your ice-cream in open air at India Gate, only at the age of 60+ peacefully. I know it is a long wait but it looks like as the things stand now.

amitdabas22
December 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Bhai i beg to differ on the issue of prostitution being discussed here in the context of eve teasing and women safety !!
I think legalising prostitution will better the situation for the girls involved in the trade.
But the criminals wudnt be deterred by such an action as they are already not afraid of the police or anyone and are doing a far greater offence !

singhvp
December 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I think government must set up fast track courts for rape and molestation cases. The punishment should be harsher, even a life imprisonment for a rapist may be considered.

jagdeepchd
December 15th, 2010, 10:41 PM
The same is true about most of the European countries too. I got the same warning in Brussels (Belgium) where I used to go for jogging in a nearby park late in the evening after office hours. I used to encounter many young girls/ladies jogging in the park and lake-side in the dense woods. The other day I asked one of my local lady colleagues how safe they are in a lonely place at odd hours. She told me that here it is you who should watch out. Girls/women were quite safe. We never heard/read even a single incident of molestation/rape or indecency during our stay of about 3 and half year.
Its an interesting thread, Mr VP Singh I hope you escaped unscathed.

singhvp
December 15th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Its an interesting thread, Mr VP Singh I hope you escaped unscathed.

Hahaha.....you are right. I was able to escape unscathed.

jagdeepchd
December 15th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Hahaha.....you are right. I was able to escape unscathed.

But then on a serious note..safety of women needs a lot to be done in India..and very harsh and exemplary punishment ought to be there for people commiting crimes against women

upendersingh
December 16th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Generally, it is assumed that there is illiteracy, backwardness etc. in India so that's why Indians have violent tendency towards women. But it is not true. World's so called developed countries have highest rape rate in the world.
Click Here (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita)to see the rape rate in the different countries of the world.
Crime against women is there from the very beginning of the life on this planet and it will be in future too. To cope with it, it will be better for women to have self-safety equipments with them all the time as Ritu Ji have prescribed in her post.

deepika
December 16th, 2010, 02:48 AM
After visiting a couple of countries i have realized that India is the most unsafe country when it comes to girls and ladies safety....in some countries prostitution is legal which makes it safe for the girls and women to hang out all night....in some countries a rapist is punished so badly that men don't dare do it...for example during my stay in Malaysia i discovered that the police chops oof rapists organ,i guess thats one reason why i never heard of any sexual harassment case over there....so if Government of India implements same kind of punishments for rapists here i am sure it will help in reducing it.

singhvp
December 16th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Generally, it is assumed that there is illiteracy, backwardness etc. in India so that's why Indians have violent tendency towards women. But it is not true. World's so called developed countries have highest rape rate in the world.
Click Here (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita)to see the rape rate in the different countries of the world.
Crime against women is there from the very beginning of the life on this planet and it will be in future too. To cope with it, it will be better for women to have self-safety equipments with them all the time as Ritu Ji have prescribed in her post.

हा हा हा हा हा ......... भाई उपेंदर पहली बात तो सब महिलाओं को पिस्तोल का लाइसेंस मिलना मुश्किल है और अगर इन के हाथ मैं पिस्तोल थमा दिया तो सब तैं पहले एक दूसरी पर ए तान देंगी.

On a serious note the data seems to be far from reality. There is something wrong somewhere. For example, if you compare two countries with different population figure the scenario would be like this. For example in a country with a total population of 100 if the total number of the guilty is 10 the percentage would be 10%. On the other hand in a country with population of 1000 where the number of culprits is same i.e. 10 the percentage would be less - 1%. I am sure total number of rape cases in India is the highest. This is my assumption that in some countries there might be many false cases lodged by the estranged wives against their would be-Ex just to justify their divorce petitions. Most probably, such cases might have been taken into account by the surveyors by mistake. I am sure you will recheck and come again with more authentic information. I don't believe any country can surpass us in this regard. (But Pakistan could be a probable challenger).

VirJ
December 16th, 2010, 07:35 AM
For example in a country with a total population of 100 if the total number of the guilty is 10 the percentage would be 10%. On the other hand in a country with population of 1000 where the number of culprits is same i.e. 10 the percentage would be less - 1%. I am sure total number of rape cases in India is the highest.

Sir,

It should always be compared in percentage not in numbers. However I guess the figures are based only on the reported cases. One could argue that lot of cases dont get reported in many countries and the definition of law differ in each country. Such surveys are only indicators and never represent true pictures despite being based on some real facts. In some countries, its legal to beat a wife(as long as you dont leave a mark) and rape too. So whats a rape in one country isnt a rape in other. SO cant really compare! Can we?

ritu
December 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
sir ek mahila ke liye balatkaar sirf maut jaisa nahi zilatt bhari maut jaisa hai.aur ye baat ek aurat hi samjh sakti hai.aapko ye uphaas karne ke liye point dikha hoga par mane us mahila ki jagah khud ko rakhar ye sallah di ki do whatever it takes to protect your dignity,bcoz i have two young niece who are working outside house and travel sometimes late in night i had first hand experience of somewhat similiar situation.while doing msc one day after returning late in the evening from local market to university me and my friend chose the shortest route to reach early hostel to avoid filling entry.that was a grave mistake we saw two boys running towards us,and we both decided to run as fast as we could.i was so scared and could not run and my friend went ahead.these boys almost came up to me and about to grab my hand then suddenly my friend came back running fiercly like a lioness and stood in front of me and hold one of the boys by his wrist.they got so scared and ran back .i will never forget that incident and my saviour friend in this life time..
हा हा हा हा हा ......... भाई उपेंदर पहली बात तो सब महिलाओं को पिस्तोल का लाइसेंस मिलना मुश्किल है और अगर इन के हाथ मैं पिस्तोल थमा दिया तो सब तैं पहले एक दूसरी पर ए तान देंगी.

On a serious note the data seems to be far from reality. There is something wrong somewhere. For example, if you compare two countries with different population figure the scenario would be like this. For example in a country with a total population of 100 if the total number of the guilty is 10 the percentage would be 10%. On the other hand in a country with population of 1000 where the number of culprits is same i.e. 10 the percentage would be less - 1%. I am sure total number of rape cases in India is the highest. This is my assumption that in some countries there might be many false cases lodged by the estranged wives against their would be-Ex just to justify their divorce petitions. Most probably, such cases might have been taken into account by the surveyors by mistake. I am sure you will recheck and come again with more authentic information. I don't believe any country can surpass us in this regard. (But Pakistan could be a probable challenger).

singhvp
December 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Sir,

It should always be compared in percentage not in numbers. However I guess the figures are based only on the reported cases. One could argue that lot of cases dont get reported in many countries and the definition of law differ in each country. Such surveys are only indicators and never represent true pictures despite being based on some real facts. In some countries, its legal to beat a wife(as long as you dont leave a mark) and rape too. So whats a rape in one country isnt a rape in other. SO cant really compare! Can we?

Yes, sounds logical, Vipin.

singhvp
December 16th, 2010, 07:58 AM
sir ek mahila ke liye balatkaar sirf maut jaisa nahi zilatt bhari maut jaisa hai.aur ye baat ek aurat hi samjh sakti hai.aapko ye uphaas karne ke liye point dikha hoga par mane us mahila ki jagah khud ko rakhar ye sallah di ki do whatever it takes to protect your dignity,bcoz i have two young niece who are working outside house and travel sometimes late in night i had first hand experience of somewhat similiar situation.while doing msc one day after returning late in the evening from local market to university me and my friend chose the shortest route to reach early hostel to avoid filling entry.that was a grave mistake we saw two boys running towards us,and we both decided to run as fast as we could.i was so scared and could not run and my friend went ahead.these boys almost came up to me and about to grab my hand then suddenly my friend came back running fiercly like a lioness and stood in front of me and hold one of the boys by his wrist.they got so scared and ran back .i will never forget that incident and my saviour friend in this life time..

Ritu ji I am also equally worried about the grave situation but this does not seem to be a viable solution as it might lead to misuse of arms under a false pretext also. Govt has to beef-up security measures to stem the rot.

ravinderjeet
December 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM
जब में मुंबई में आया था ,एर मन्ने लुगाई देखि आधी रात ने ,रेल में सफ़र करदी, एर सड़कआँ पे एकली हांडती तो घणाए सपरा मान्या था | फेर मन्ने आपने पुराणे सहपाठीयाँ पे बुझी तो उन् ने बताई ,अक कई साल पहलम आड़े एक पुलिस कमिस्स्नर आया था | उंने सरकार का समर्थन ले कें ,एर जो भी बन्दे थया जांदे ,इवटीजिंग एर मोल्स टेसन में ,उन् ने थाणे ले जांदे ,एर इस्सा बक्कल तारया करदे ऍक माणस चालन जोगा ना रन्दा | उस बखत कोए भी कोर्ट में परस्तुत नि करया जाया करदा | एर फेर घर्कयाँ नु बुला के उनके सामी भी ऊह की तुड़ाई होंदी ,एर ऊह की चीख पुकार उनके घर्क्यान ताहि भी सुनांदे, बस और कोए सजा नि दिया करदे ,उस बन्दे का चरित्र परमाणपत्र बणा दिया करदे | ५-७ साल में छेड़खानी इस्सी ख़तम होई अक इसका रिवाज-ए चाल्या गया | इब्ब तो इस्सा हाल से छोरी लुगाई छेड़खानी कर दें सें ,पर माणसआँ की हिम्मत कोणी |

pragati
December 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Absolutely right Ritu di...psychopaths are everywhere.....

pragati
December 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=ritu;258064] ek mahila ke liye balatkaar sirf maut jaisa nahi zilatt bhari maut jaisa hai.aur ye baat ek aurat hi samjh sakti hai/QUOTE] ritu

v true Ritu di....aur ye bhi sach hai ki ye baat sirf mahilaaye hi samaz sakti hai, agar purusho ki samaz me ye baat aa jaaye to shayad aise cases na ho aur shayad itne senstive topic ka mazak na bane....

akshaymalik84
December 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Don't say everybody want to stop it. Encouragement is other thing.

Phillipins/others and india are different countries with different kind of people. Please Don't compare cities like Manila, bangkok, KL etc. with Delhi.

Safety of a person is in its own hands. Don't blame others for that. If you are dependent on others for your safety then you are most unsafe.

pragati
December 16th, 2010, 08:33 PM
other thing

Don't say everybody want to stop it. Encouragement is other thing.

Phillipins/others and india are different countries with different kind of people. Please Don't compare cities like Manila, bangkok, KL etc. with Delhi.

Safety of a person is in its own hands. Don't blame others for that. If you are dependent on others for your safety then you are most unsafe.

Sorry, but you did not pick the meaning...not your fault..don't want to say anything now.

Arunshokeen
December 16th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Very well said my friend although i reply late but really do you really think its that mach easy to blame, do you really know only 55% of Girls files cases of such incidents and in these also many ive up in procedding, and what if we just blame without thinking of law, aap janthe h, agar ik ladki legal process ka misuse ya use kare, toh uske liye kisi bhi person ko jail karana easy ho, i very well understand the problem of Topic but truly speaking blaming judiciary or Police or society is very easy the problem need solutions as form of suggestions and not allegations on these thinks, is banglaro is safe for Girls ,or UP does not have such crime,
The police along with judiciary is the major culprit

The police strength is too low and to make it worst even those are too busy in VIP security/ Movement of dignitaries etc, thus effectively reducing strength to 1 per 100000 citizen - it should be increased to 1 policeman per 1000

Callous attitude of police is another big reason - we all have been privy to seeing people just brazenly disregard traffic rules and the cop witnesses as mute helpless spectator.

The lesser said about our JUSTICE system, better it is. It is to defend people with power. It only shield criminal and instil no fear in them, instead the common man fears it and avoids it at any cost succumbing to the injustice being meted to him.
No one is afraid of law - the fear and timely justice will go a long way is curtailing not only this problem but the larger pandemic "the corruption"

The President of the country has hanging cases for mercy pending for 10 years or 20 years - for god sake take some decision "yes" or "no" and stop sending wrong message to everyone down the line. The CBI is puppet in the hands of the Govt, the justice system is always too little too late, the bureaucrats still living in the British era, very few honest politician and un-deterred corruption at the highest places. God only knows how things are happening in this country.

upendersingh
December 17th, 2010, 03:13 AM

वी.पी. सिंह जी, रितु जी ने केवल पिस्तौल ही नहीं लिख रखी थी, बल्कि और भी कई चीजें लिख रखी थीं, स्प्रे वगैरह.
Datas are quite right, sir. As Vipin has said in his post, such datas are in % or per capita. It may be that total number of rape cases are higher in India than many other countries, but how many girls per 1000 were raped, datas are about that. If some country has 1 lac females and out of them 2000 are raped annually then it's a matter of more concern despite the fact (for example) that in India 5000 girls are raped annually out of 10 lac. As far as false cases, unregistered cases etc. are concerned, then it can be said for all countries. Here in some earlier posts KL is being claimed to be so safe, but some time back there too such a case came in light, which generally can be assumed to happen in India or Delhi only.:o Read it:

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
Malaysian girl raped by uncle for six years

Kuala Lumpur, June 29. 2010 (ANI): A Malaysian man raped and sexually abused his now 12-year-old niece for six years.The incident came to light when the 12-year-old girl told her mother.

The accused, a 56-year-old Rela officer, was detained when the girl, accompanied mother lodged a complaint with the police.
The girl said that his uncle started harassing her sexually when she was 6.
She said that her uncle who lived just metres from her home in Kampung Seberang Takir, took her to secluded areas and forced
himself on her.
According to police sources, the girl was initially too young to understand what was happening but as she grew older, her
uncle allegedly warned her that he would hurt her if she told anyone, reports The New Straits Times.
Doctors at Sultan Nur Zahirah hospital confirmed the rape reports.
State CID chief Superintendent K. Manoharan confirmed the arrest refused to speak more about the issue

Link (http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/south-asia/malaysian-girl-raped-by-uncle-for-six-years_100387821.html)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

I just mean to say that whole world is bad and something solid is needed to do to stop (or diminish I should say) such wild and satanic behaviour.

singhvp
December 17th, 2010, 07:31 AM
originally written by Upender Singh.
I just mean to say that whole world is bad and something solid is needed to do to stop (or diminish I should say) such wild and satanic behaviour. Upender thanks for the research. Isolated incidents apart, over all scenario in KL is not as bad as in India. Ladies can move around upto late in the evening without being victims of vulgarity, molestation, hijacking rape etc. I have noticed people usually do not stare or make lewd remarks even on exceptionally beautiful girls dressed up in the ultra modern & short attires. They would simply have an innocuous glimpse and turn their eyes away. At the most someone would hurl a gentle smile out of courtesy. But in India, the picture is entirely different including the capital city - registered cases notwithstanding. Sex-starvation is writ large on people's faces. Herds of wild beasts (cheap brand Romeos) are always on the hunt and leave no opportunity to target ladies starting from the age group of 4 to 55.
Cannot speak for the whole world but after having traveled to about more than 30 odd countries (some of them more than 5-10 times), I have realized that India is one of the worst places I have ever visited, for ladies as far as their safety is concerned.

upendersingh
December 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Upender thanks for the research. Isolated incidents apart, over all scenario in KL is not as bad as in India. Ladies can move around upto late in the evening without being victims of vulgarity, molestation, hijacking rape etc. I have noticed people usually do not stare or make lewd remarks even on exceptionally beautiful girls dressed up in the ultra modern & short attires. They would simply have an innocuous glimpse and turn their eyes away. At the most someone would hurl a gentle smile out of courtesy. But in India, the picture is entirely different including the capital city - registered cases notwithstanding. Sex-starvation is writ large on people's faces. Herds of wild beasts (cheap brand Romeos) are always on the hunt and leave no opportunity to target ladies starting from the age group of 4 to 55.
Cannot speak for the whole world but after having traveled to about more than 30 odd countries (some of them more than 5-10 times), I have realized that India is one of the worst places I have ever visited, for ladies as far as their safety is concerned.

I agree upon mostly of your abovementioned points, sir. But also would like to say that sometimes where we live, it may be possible that all is well there, but it doesn't mean that all is well everywhere. In my whole life I have never seen any raped girl. It's another thing that I watched in t.v. or I read in newspaper that some girl has been raped, but I have not seen with my eyes. It means rate is quite low. One more thing if any girl/woman is out of home in morning and returns in evening without being stared, being teased (lightly though), then she may be in pensive mood 'what is wrong?' Girls/women also do it. If one doesn't rub his soldier with them, then they (females) will do so. If any boy/man is passing by a group of girls/women, he may have to experience some naughty comment from that group. Mostly guys here will accept this fact. Though I am not supporting this staring and soft teasing etc. things, but I am talking about the facts. Actually the bad thing is to take extreme step such as rape, molestation etc.
I am not trying to prove you false. I am just sharing the thoughts and I hope you will not mind it as nothing is personal in it. I just went deeper to know the state of Malaysian women and I found this:

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
Malaysia is a destination, supply and transit point for women and children trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation. Women and girls from Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam are trafficked to Malaysia. Malaysia is a transit country along with Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand in Chinese human trafficking. Women from Malaysia are trafficked into the People's Republic of China. Migrants from countries in the region work as domestic servants and laborers in the construction and agricultural sectors and face exploitative conditions.
Between 2005 to September 2009, more than 36,858 women were arrested for prostitution in Malaysia.
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Malaysia#Human_trafficking)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Woman flogged for drinking a beer in Malaysia
Virginia Haussegger

March 1, 2010

http://images.smh.com.au/2010/03/01/1182065/Kartika-420x0.jpg
Muslim model Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno, who was sentenced to be caned for drinking beer, sits with her children Muhammad, 7, left, and Kaitlynn, 5, at her father's home in Karai, north of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Friday, Aug. 21, 2009

If my women friends lived in Malaysia, and we happened to be Muslim, we'd – with a few exceptions – be badly battered and bruised. Our bodies would be red raw from constant thrashing. I wonder if we'd wear those lashing marks with pride. Or would the pain and humiliation of official caning eventually break our spirit, and reduce us to a pitiful submission?
The humiliation certainly got to 32-year-old Kartika Shukarno. Last year when the former model and mother of two was sentenced to a flogging for the crime of drinking a beer in a nightclub, she asked them to get on with it. As the judge in the Syariah High Court read out her sentence – six strokes of the rotan and a three-year jail term or hefty fine – he explained that the caning would make the accused ''repent and serves as a lesson to Muslims''. Kartika bowed her head, kept calm, and after withdrawing her appeal said, ''I will accept this earthly punishment, let Allah decide my punishment in the hereafter''.
Link (http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/imagine-if-australian-women-were-flogged-for-drinking-a-beer-20100301-pbk3.html)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

rameshlakra
December 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Very well said my friend although i reply late but really do you really think its that mach easy to blame, do you really know only 55% of Girls files cases of such incidents and in these also many ive up in procedding, and what if we just blame without thinking of law, aap janthe h, agar ik ladki legal process ka misuse ya use kare, toh uske liye kisi bhi person ko jail karana easy ho, i very well understand the problem of Topic but truly speaking blaming judiciary or Police or society is very easy the problem need solutions as form of suggestions and not allegations on these thinks, is banglaro is safe for Girls ,or UP does not have such crime,

Dear Arun,

Please refer to the portion of ur reply which is highlighted. You have clearly brought out the lacunae in the legal hassle. You have thus amply extracted the need to cut down on proceedings, ease of misuse and time.

A worthy member earlier has also brought how the quick prosecution in the hands of police commissioner did bring down the incident of crimes against females in Mumbai.

That brings us out closer to my argument about police and legal reforms.

regards,
I

Arunshokeen
December 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Ramesh g words are really very strange in nature, you know its not the legal proceeding or delay or other things which make the victim to suffer a lot but we have to follow such process because what she is alleging is put someone behind the bar for a long time, from police to society evryone thinks its the process which has drawbacks,why not the society be sympathize with the victim and let her live in society, i also have sympathy for her but if she want justice then she has to be that much tuff, agar Law isse jyada lenient hota h ,then b prepared to face the situation where some girl demand for rensom else she make false allegation of rape and instead of checking or knowing the truth of allegation u or i or anyone else rest in Jail and wait that when again law changes.