PDA

View Full Version : Meet Grani, the Sharp Shooter !

cooljat
March 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
"Dadi is in the field,” is how people are directed to Prakasho Tomar, 70, a shooter who first picked up the gun at the age of 60 and went on to win medals in 10-m pistol shooting at the state and national level. Her other claim to fame is that her daughter Seema Tomar became India’s first woman shotgun shooter to clinch a medal at the ISSF World Cup last year. Dressed in a white shirt and blue skirt (ghagra), this Johri-village resident’s appearance belies her achievements. “I have won 25 medals in various competitions,” says Tomar.

“I went to Tamil Nadu, Bangalore and Chandigarh for shooting competitions, but here in Johri, I’m just another housewife in the village,” she says.

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLICATIONS/HT/HD/2011/03/08/ArticleHtmls/Meet-Granny-the-sharp-shooter-08032011011002.shtml?Mode=1

Salute to the great inspiring Dadi-ji, the real pride of our community. Many congrats to her, who knows if her next target is Olympics! way to go ..

Cheers
Jit

ravinderpannu
March 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM
i read about Dadi 3-4 yrs back...she is doing great,,rocking,,
at this age people defy change,,but she has overcome all the hurdles and become a grandmaster..!!!

upendersingh
March 8th, 2011, 11:02 PM
हा...हा...हा...खतरनाक, लेकिन प्रतिभाशाली दादी....जाटों में ही हो सके हैं ऐसी...
बढ़िया...:o