PDA

View Full Version : Personal Attacks

navingulia
August 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
In any wise discussion, it is necessary that the participants should refrain from making personal attack. we should say in favor or against what has been written and not say things about the person. i.e we should refrain from making Personal Attacks, how ever provocative the statement might be.
किसी भी व्यक्ति के व्यक्तित्व पर टिपण्णी न कीजिये . आपके जो भी विचार पक्ष या विपक्ष में हैं वो लिखिए.
इसके अलावा, जो व्यक्ति पोस्ट लिख रहा है वो भी किसी व्यक्ति या समाज के प्रति कडवे शब्दों का प्रयोग न करे. जो विचार सामने रखना हो वो सभ्य भाषा में रखें
इस के द्वारा हम इस फोरम में कुछ सकारात्मक विचार विमर्श कर पाएँगे

navingulia
August 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM
JL moderators and admin should follow it as a law that posts containing personal attacks on other members or even on public figures and other societies should be deleted/moderated.
p.s my personal suggestion.

deependra
August 28th, 2011, 12:55 AM
In any wise discussion, it is necessary that the participants should refrain from making personal attack. we should say in favor or against what has been written and not say things about the person. i.e we should refrain from making Personal Attacks, how ever provocative the statement might be.
किसी भी व्यक्ति के व्यक्तित्व पर टिपण्णी न कीजिये . आपके जो भी विचार पक्ष या विपक्ष में हैं वो लिखिए.
इसके अलावा, जो व्यक्ति पोस्ट लिख रहा है वो भी किसी व्यक्ति या समाज के प्रति कडवे शब्दों का प्रयोग न करे. जो विचार सामने रखना हो वो सभ्य भाषा में रखें

I concur with you. Have seen on many threads that people engulf in derogatory remarks which deviates from the original point of discussion.

navdeepkhatkar
August 28th, 2011, 10:59 AM

i cant agree more on this front ... people should refrain themselves...

P.S. : dont drag urselves to the levels of cheep publicity seekers.

ravinderjeet
August 28th, 2011, 02:06 PM
के फर्क पड़े स नवीन भाई | कितने गए आड़े तें गाल देनिये इब्ब ताहि | पाछले जाट लेण्ड १०-११ साल के इतिहास में देख ल्यो इस्से-इस्से बन्दे घणे दिन ना टिका करदे | आपे खर्च हो जाया करें |

sapverma
August 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Dear Sir, I agree with your suggestions. I am sure we will learn from each other and will have mature exchange of ideas.thanks again for your comments.

Bisky
August 29th, 2011, 12:06 AM
अगर अभी भी नहीं सीखे हो तो "ओमपुरी" जैसे सज्जन आदमी की तरफ देख लेना. हालांकि कहा उसने सब सच था लेकिन खिसियाए हुए व्यक्तियों को बात की गंभीरता से कुछ लेना-देना नहीं होता.

bls31
August 31st, 2011, 01:14 PM
we should discuss and not argue from a position. I am right you are wrong bls31

navingulia
September 4th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks bls sir and friends.
The concept of 'no personal attacks' is - you can agree, disagree, strongly disagree or strongly agree, to any body's viewpoint but you cannot say 'it is foolish' or call that person a fool or stupid. i.e you can not say things about the person. you can strongly disagree and give reasons for doing so. if you feel the discussion is too lowly for you, dont involve and ignore the discussion.
1. it is not necessary to participate in every discussion. one should participate only if one feels one can add value to what is being discussed.
2. people may start rude and controversial discussions just for the sake of getting attention and replies to the post. if that happens, just ignore it with zero replies.

lrburdak
September 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
If members agree we can put these guidelines of No Personal Attack on Jatland Wiki.

Regards,

navingulia
September 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks Laxman Sir, that will be great if that can be done. It can also be a guiding principle for moderators.

akshaymalik84
September 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Truly speaking i never understand the guidelines. Its like placing a target in front of everyone that you should finish within these gates, don't overflow! You are good if you follow these guidelines otherwise not. What if i try to be happy without hurting others!

People can be rude......but it is always the reaction that matters.

lrburdak
September 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
We should avoid on Jatland the personal abuse or personal attacks which usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but apparent character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument.

navingulia
September 6th, 2011, 08:10 AM
yes sir, the viewpoint that has been put forward should be answered. not the person who is putting it.

lrburdak
September 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Here we have created page for this policy on Jatland. May suggest any corrections !! Click here to see - No personal attack

navingulia
September 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
That has come out absolutely fine Sir. I would request Jatland members and younsters to read it. We can discuss if there are any queries.