PDA

View Full Version : Number of Gotras to be avoided while marrying the merrigable children.

RPJat
October 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Good evening to all the members of the form.

My submission is how many gotras to be avoided while arranging the marriages . In some parts of Rajasthan traditionally four are to be avoided and i.e. self, mother, grand mother and "nani " while in some parts only two i.e. of self and mother. While in the community there should be one rule/ tradition. As some times due the tradition of requirement of four gotras some good matches could not be materialized. while in the same city like jaipur those famiies which are migrated either from the Bharatpur area or Agra or Hanumangarh only the requirement is two. How we should overcome the situation.

Rameshwar Prasad Jat.

VirJ
October 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
4----------

navdeepkhatkar
October 1st, 2011, 08:26 PM
rameshwar ji .. ye to har ek jagah k rivajon par depend karta h ki wo kitne gotra exclude karna chahte h ..
jahan tak mujhe pata h ... mostly haryana me to teen gotra exclude kiye jate h (Self, mother & grandmother).
par aajkal sun ne me aay h ki malik dadi ka gorta exlude karne lag gaye h ... so with the time modification should be made for the betterment of the society.

ravinderjeet
October 1st, 2011, 11:07 PM
कुछ साल पहले खाप पंचायत ने दादी का गोत्र छोड़ने की बात मंजूर की थी अगर दादी गुजर गई हे ते ,यदि दादी ज़िंदा हे तो दादी का गोत्र भी छोड़ना पड़ता हे | और जिस गोत्र का खेडा हे वो गोत्र भी छोड़ना हे | यानी जिस गाँव में आप बसे हो ,वो गाँव और किसी गोत्र का बसाया हुआ हे तो वो वाला गोत्र भी छोड़ना पडेगा | अगर वो गाँव आप परमानेन्ट छोड़ चुके हैं तो आप वो गोत्र में शादी कर सकते हैं |

jakharanil
October 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Only 4, But some pepole avoid grand mother's gotra also, if she is alive thn 4.

Good evening to all the members of the form.

My submission is how many gotras to be avoided while arranging the marriages . In some parts of Rajasthan traditionally four are to be avoided and i.e. self, mother, grand mother and "nani " while in some parts only two i.e. of self and mother. While in the community there should be one rule/ tradition. As some times due the tradition of requirement of four gotras some good matches could not be materialized. while in the same city like jaipur those famiies which are migrated either from the Bharatpur area or Agra or Hanumangarh only the requirement is two. How we should overcome the situation.

Rameshwar Prasad Jat.

Raaksangu
October 3rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
4 ... aur jis gotra main beti de rakhi ho us gotra ki bahu nahi late...

JSRana
October 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
[[कुछ साल पहले खाप पंचायत ने दादी का गोत्र छोड़ने की बात मंजूर की थी अगर दादी गुजर गई हे ते ,यदि दादी ज़िंदा हे तो दादी का गोत्र भी छोड़ना पड़ता हे | और जिस गोत्र का खेडा हे वो गोत्र भी छोड़ना हे | यानी जिस गाँव में आप बसे हो ,वो गाँव और किसी गोत्र का बसाया हुआ हे तो वो वाला गोत्र भी छोड़ना पडेगा | अगर वो गाँव आप परमानेन्ट छोड़ चुके हैं तो आप वो गोत्र में शादी कर सकते हैं |]]

Sonepat aur Rohtak Jile main to Jo Ravinder ji ne bataya hai wo hi parchalan mai hai aur jutifiable
bhi lagta hai. Baaki apani apani jagah ke alag alag rewaaz hain.

Fateh
October 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Considering all aspects, it is suggested that only two gotras that is self & the mother must be avoided and where possible one can go upto three, means dadi. khera gotra, nani etc are not practical and not possible now in these days.

Prikshit
November 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I think 3 in general and for bigger gotras we may skip grandmothers gotra.