PDA

View Full Version : Tea Lovers.

urmiladuhan
October 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
If you like aromatic tea, here is a way to experience a somewhat different aroma in tea. Use about 5 gm of crushed Lal Phool (Anistar)/tea cup before heating. This spice (Anistar) is available in Indian Grocery stores (Reliance etc)

amitdeswal85
October 11th, 2011, 12:37 PM
With tea leafs or using it as tea leafs.

Please explain it.

urmiladuhan
October 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
With tea leafs or using it as tea leafs.

Please explain it.

Amit jee, use regular tea leaves and make the tea as we normally do - but just add crushed Anistar like how we sometimes use chhoti elaichee etc.

sukhbirhooda
October 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Dear Urmilla Ji

Any comment on Tea which are sold by TV channels to loose the weight. Is it really works? If so pl advise best one.
Thanks

urmiladuhan
October 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Dear Urmilla Ji

Any comment on Tea which are sold by TV channels to loose the weight. Is it really works? If so pl advise best one.
Thanks

Sukhbir jee, Tea as such does not have calories. It is the sugar and the milk that we add to it gives tea the calories. In my experience, tea helps loose weight as it fills up the stomach when we feel the need to snack. Instead of eating solid, it is better to drink liquid like tea. In addition, I have read that tea may help burn calories, a claim that I have not tested. I think it is best to eat all the things we love to eat, but in moderation. I personally would not advise to use products that are specially formulated to loose weight as their consumption is un natural for the body. If you are tea lover, I would suggest you cut down on sugar and milk (instead use dairy whitener) and drink it often during the day. The more aroma it has, the less you would miss sugar and fat milk.

urmiladuhan
October 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Sukhbir jee, Tea as such does not have calories. It is the sugar and the milk that we add to it gives tea the calories. In my experience, tea helps loose weight as it fills up the stomach when we feel the need to snack. Instead of eating solid, it is better to drink liquid like tea. In addition, I have read that tea may help burn calories, a claim that I have not tested. I think it is best to eat all the things we love to eat, but in moderation. I personally would not advise to use products that are specially formulated to loose weight as their consumption is un natural for the body. If you are tea lover, I would suggest you cut down on sugar and milk (instead use dairy whitener) and drink it often during the day. The more aroma it has, the less you would miss sugar and fat milk.

Also, I have noticed that using lemon rind (rind = scrape only the green skin of the lemon - no white skin of the lemon should come off (the white skin is bitter) - the scraping should be done very gently using a sharp knife etc)- use about 5 gm /cup - this also gives a very nice citrus flavor to tea. This lemon rind can also be sprinkled on custard pudding to give a rice citrus flavor. The rind can also be sprinkled on cakes/pasteries.