PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Dish/Dessert Recipe (Banana Caramel).

urmiladuhan
October 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
This is one of my favorite ice cream recipe. Hope you all will like it too.

Slice banana into 2 (length wise). Keep aside. Take a pan and add approx. 40 gm of sugar and 100 ml of water to it. Boil till a thick sugar syrup is formed in the pan (should be of a pourable consistency). This is the caramel syrup. Add approx. 10 ml of brandy to this syrup - mix well. Add the banana slices and boil the syrup for approx 2 min. While it is boiling, scoop out one scoop of vanilla ice cream in the serving dish. Pour the caramel - brandy mix onto the scooped ice cream. Garnish with chopped cashew nuts! Melted ice cream in caramel sauce tastes very GOOD!!! Bon Apetit! :)

Arvindc
October 18th, 2011, 01:08 PM

Slice banana into 2 (length wise). Keep aside. Take a pan and add approx. 40 gm of sugar and 100 ml of water to it. Boil till a thick sugar syrup is formed in the pan (should be of a pourable consistency). This is the caramel syrup. Add approx. 10 ml of brandy to this syrup - mix well. Add the banana slices and boil the syrup for approx 2 min. While it is boiling, scoop out one scoop of vanilla ice cream in the serving dish. Pour the caramel - brandy mix onto the scooped ice cream. Garnish with chopped cashew nuts! Melted ice cream in caramel sauce tastes very GOOD!!! Bon Apetit! :)

Wouldn't the brandy catch fire in the Indian kitchen?
Boiling the banana will surely make it pulpy. Wouldn't then the whole thing "look" like a thick soup?

urmiladuhan
October 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Wouldn't the brandy catch fire in the Indian kitchen?
Boiling the banana will surely make it pulpy. Wouldn't then the whole thing "look" like a thick soup?

no, it is safe to make this dish. try it - see for yourself.

Dagar25
October 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM

ek dan gajarpak banana bhi sikha do..

vishalsunsunwal
October 20th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Dear all try to paste typical jatu style sweet's here.

urmiladuhan
October 20th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Dear all try to paste typical jatu style sweet's here.

why, jats can't eat/try all types of foods? regressive thinkingis not good.

vicky84
October 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM

You should put some videos of your recipes on JL media section, so that we can watch those videos and try new dishes :)

Regards,

vicky84
October 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Do you have recipes on cooking prawn/oyster/crabs/lobster etc

Regards,

Dagar25
October 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM

They can try.....but Jat flavour tai kauna aawa tayi...

urmiladuhan
October 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Do you have recipes on cooking prawn/oyster/crabs/lobster etc

Regards,

yes. and their sauces too.

vicky84
October 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Can you post few.

Regards,

vicky84
October 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM

And I hope you come up with videos soon.

Regards,

urmiladuhan
October 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Can you post few.

Regards,

sure. give me some time.

vicky84
October 20th, 2011, 04:25 PM
sure. give me some time.

Just wondering, are you going to start new threads for your those recipes or this thread would suffice?

Kind Regards,

urmiladuhan
October 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Just wondering, are you going to start new threads for your those recipes or this thread would suffice?

Kind Regards,

New thread for new recipe.

vicky84
October 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
New thread for new recipe.

Ok....

Keep Posting

Kind Regards,

urmiladuhan
October 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM

It can be made to Flambe (dish on fire) for visual effects especially if you want to prepare it in front of audience/diners. That is safe too.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Instead of Brandy, Rum can also be used. The one that I have used: Angostura (year 1919) - made in Trinidad, W. Indies.

deshi-jat
November 8th, 2011, 04:52 AM
इतणा पुराणा सौदा कित तै खरीदा? How many years was it really aged? ओल्ड मोंक तै काम चालता हो तै बताइयो

Instead of Brandy, Rum can also be used. The one that I have used: Angostura (year 1919) - made in Trinidad, W. Indies.

urmiladuhan
November 8th, 2011, 06:42 PM
इतणा पुराणा सौदा कित तै खरीदा? How many years was it really aged? ओल्ड मोंक तै काम चालता हो तै बताइयो

Not bought - it was shared with me. No idea of its age - but it tasted sooo good with the caramel and the ice cream!!!! yummy :)

I think there is no hard and fast rule - use whatever you personally like- after all it is you who has to eat it :)

urmiladuhan
November 8th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Not bought - it was shared with me. No idea of its age - but it tasted sooo good with the caramel and the ice cream!!!! yummy :)

I think there is no hard and fast rule - use whatever you personally like- after all it is you who has to eat it :)

Please share recipes that you like. Thanks in advance!

deshi-jat
November 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Hammus

काबली चणा 250 ग्रा, भिगो कै प्रेशर कुकर मै उबाळ ल्यो.पिसी हुई मुगफली 2 बड़ी चम्मच (30 ग्रा)
लहसण 2-3 पोत (2-3 cloves)
नीम्बू 1
दही 250 ग्राम
भूना हुआ जीरा 1 छोटी चम्मच
नमक, काळी/ लाल/ हरी मिर्च स्वादानुसार
अगर ऑलिव ऑइल (एक्स्ट्रा वर्जिन) हो तो 2 बड़ी चम्मच वोह भी गेर लियो

सारा सौदा फ़ूड प्रोसेसर मै गेर कै मिक्स दो. बणगी हम्मुस डिप

deshi-jat
November 10th, 2011, 06:48 AM
उर्मिला जी, आप धोरे artichoke dip का रैसपी हो तो जरूर चिपकाइयो

amitdeswal85
November 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Urmilaji aap recipies ke bare me to hamesa knowledge dete rahte ho kabi JL ke membro ko inko taste bhi lene ka mauka do.

urmiladuhan
November 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=deshi-jat;285803]
Hammus

काबली चणा 250 ग्रा, भिगो कै प्रेशर कुकर मै उबाळ ल्यो.पिसी हुई मुगफली 2 बड़ी चम्मच (30 ग्रा)
लहसण 2-3 पोत (2-3 cloves)
नीम्बू 1
दही 250 ग्राम

Damn good! I shall definitely try ;)

I think if few drops of sesame oil is added to the above, that would add to the taste. Just a thought :) I think Tahini sauce has sesame seeds in it and it is traditionally used to make these types of dips.

urmiladuhan
November 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Urmilaji aap recipies ke bare me to hamesa knowledge dete rahte ho kabi JL ke membro ko inko taste bhi lene ka mauka do.

Sure. Let the occassion come :)

deshi-jat
November 11th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Yupp, tahini is authentic ingredient of hammus. I have tried crushed sesame seeds but it didn’t taste good, becomes somewhat bitter or weird taste. Sesame oil I haven’t tried.

[QUOTE=deshi-jat;285803]
I think if few drops of sesame oil is added to the above, that would add to the taste. Just a thought :) I think Tahini sauce has sesame seeds in it and it is traditionally used to make these types of dips.

amitdeswal85
November 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Ya I will wait for this.

deshi-jat
November 11th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Amit look at the big picture;

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

urmiladuhan
November 12th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Ya I will wait for this.

Amit jee, please share a recipe (if possible) that you like.

ravinderpannu
November 12th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Madam ji,
Jo mere barge garib daru(brandy,rum etc) nahi peende ,wo k kare,,wo koon sa item ger k ubale chasni me.!!!

urmiladuhan
November 12th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Madam ji,
Jo mere barge garib daru(brandy,rum etc) nahi peende ,wo k kare,,wo koon sa item ger k ubale chasni me.!!!

ha ha ha ha ha!!! meeri mano toh kabhi kabhi peenae chakhnae mein koi nuksaan nahin hae. Just make sure you do it in good, decent company - with some good food, nice music and a pleasing host/hostess - it will become a time to remember and you may even start to look forward to the whole concept!

ravinderpannu
November 12th, 2011, 07:16 PM
ha ha ha ha ha!!! meeri mano toh kabhi kabhi peenae chakhnae mein koi nuksaan nahin hae. Just make sure you do it in good, decent company - with some good food, nice music and a pleasing host/hostess - it will become a time to remember and you may even start to look forward to the whole concept!

Madam ji, Hostess ki baat karo ho to meri hostes to meri Gharaali (wife) e howe gi,, ar uske shami daru ka naam le lyo to wa to itni tatti ho jawe hai jannu k desert ki duphari me head pe direct sun ho..!! baki aapki post padhwa dyunga,,kime farak pade to ..!!!!

urmiladuhan
November 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Madam ji, Hostess ki baat karo ho to meri hostes to meri Gharaali (wife) e howe gi,, ar uske shami daru ka naam le lyo to wa to itni tatti ho jawe hai jannu k desert ki duphari me head pe direct sun ho..!! baki aapki post padhwa dyunga,,kime farak pade to ..!!!!

aap nu gyan karo, meerae teh milwa do JL pe!

urmiladuhan
November 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Ravinder jee, baaki host aap bhi ban saktae hein apnee wife kae leeyae - invite her to dinner prepared by you and include this dessert recipe for HER! Then she is not likely to mind you having it too!!!

ravinderpannu
November 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Jarur ji,,

urmiladuhan
December 28th, 2011, 06:22 PM

8 years - in charred oak barrel.

urmiladuhan
December 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
ek dan gajarpak banana bhi sikha do..

i have some idea about the homestyle one but it is not the recipe for the really good gajarpak that professionals make.

Home Style: 1. grate carrots fine.
2. Add them to 3 times milk volume. Add sugar to taste.
3. Boil till all of the milk gets condensed.
4. Add dry fruits of choice (soft ones like raisins do just great - pre soaked in water)
5. Add khoya (approx. 1/2 katori in 2 katori gajarpak)