PDA

View Full Version : Sea Food (Shrimp with A Basic Sauce)

urmiladuhan
October 22nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
To those who had requested for sea food recipe:

Blanch cleaned shrimp (dip them in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes - scoop them out - dip them immediately in ice cold water to stop the cooking process). When chilled, serve with the following sauce/dip - this is one of the quickest sauce/dip recipes that I have:

Olive oil : 3 table spoon
Lemon Juice : 2 table spoon
Wine : 3 table spoon.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Water used for blanching shrimp (above): 2 table spoon. Mix well. Serve.

Kindly make sure the diners are not allergic to sea food - it is a common occurrence.

dahiyarocks
October 22nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
madam g jin do ne in ne.........

Bisky
October 22nd, 2011, 11:10 PM
Urmila Ji
Though I am a pure Vegetarian......
First of all plz. tell, what is the difference between Shrimps and Prawns. &
Second(also the main query)
क्या हम(particular Our Community) इतने आधुनिक हो गए हैं कि सामूहिक एवं सार्वजनिक रूप से "Shrimp" की रेसिपी इस स्तर के मंच पर पचा सकें। Those who are living abroad, may understand what Shrimps/Prawns are. But I m sure that 99% of our community doesn't know, what is this. I m not saying this illogically as I've served @ Reliance Non-veg Store "Delight" as a Store Manager for two years at Gurgaon, Sec-17 Market. I've never ever faced a Jaat asking for the Shrimps except one or two incidents. Though I was proud of being the No.1 Store in sale, hygiene and also in revenue, in the entire north Indian organised Non-veg retail.
So plz. put some light on the Non-veg culture regarding our community. Comments from all the Jaatlanders are welcome.
Thanx.

urmiladuhan
October 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Urmila Ji
क्या हम(particular Our Community) इतने आधुनिक हो गए हैं कि सामूहिक एवं सार्वजनिक रूप से "Shrimp" की रेसिपी इस स्तर के मंच पर पचा सकें। Those who are living abroad, may understand what Shrimps/Prawns are. But I m sure that 99% of our community doesn't know, what is this. I m not saying this illogically as I've served @ Reliance Non-veg Store "Delight" as a Store Manager for two years at Gurgaon, Sec-17 Market. I've never ever faced a Jaat asking for the Shrimps except one or two incidents. Though I was proud of being the No.1 Store in sale, hygiene and also in revenue, in the entire north Indian organised Non-veg retail.
So plz. put some light on the Non-veg culture regarding our community. Comments from all the Jaatlanders are welcome.
Thanx.

I cannot comment on that.

I know many Jats who buy sea food items (cooked).

dahiyarocks
October 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Urmila Ji
Thanx.

bhai aajkal ke jaat sab khate hai.....non veg full on chalu rehta hai.....halaki non veg ka naam ate hi chiken aata hai samme....

per aajkal ke in modern restro's mein sab milta hai......chahe continental le lo...italian le lo....ya sea food le lo.....

tv bhi ek bahut bada medium hai jiske thru sab log in chizo ko jaan rahe hai...

to isliye ye itni bdi baat nhi rahi......

or jaisa aapne kahi ke aap manager the non veg store mein te nu btaoge ke aapki aakha mein issa kunsa scanner lag ra se ji ne dekh ke nu bera lag gya ke yo jaat se ya na se.........

ar ek bat or...yo bhi te jaruri nhi ke un ne banana aata ho.......ke bera sidhe ja ke kha ke e aate ho

vicky84
October 23rd, 2011, 04:11 AM

Blanch cleaned shrimp (dip them in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes - scoop them out - dip them immediately in ice cold water to stop the cooking process). When chilled, serve with the following sauce/dip - this is one of the quickest sauce/dip recipes that I have:

Kindly make sure the diners are not allergic to sea food - it is a common occurrence.

What is the purpose of olive oil in this recipe? Did you mean extra virgin olive oil? :)

Regards,

vicky84
October 23rd, 2011, 04:28 AM

Urmila ji,

How can you blanch shrimps with just 2 table spoon of water? 2 table spoon mai to ek shrimp ki kaad bhi dhang tai aali na howai :).

Regards,

urmiladuhan
October 23rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Urmila ji,

How can you blanch shrimps with just 2 table spoon of water? ,

I don't know that either. The shrimp would have to be really really small!!!

If you read carefully, the 2 tbsp of blanching water requirement is for the sauce, not for blanching the shrimps.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I don't know that either. The shrimp would have to be really really small!!!

If you read carefully, the 2 tbsp of blanching water requirement is for the sauce, not for blanching the shrimps.

Ohh..its clear now. But you did not tell why you are using olive oil? BTW I tried this recipe yesterday. I did not use olive oil. But apart from that, it was quick and easy :)

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ohh..its clear now. But you did not tell why you are using olive oil? BTW I tried this recipe yesterday. I did not use olive oil. But apart from that, it was quick and easy :)

Thank God!

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Thank God!

Thank God for what? :confused:

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Prawn caesar

Ingredients (serves 4)

2 baby cos lettuces, outer leaves discarded, roughly torn
500g cooked prawns, peeled, de-veined, tails intact
4 rashers rindless bacon, cooked, chopped
2 cups toasted croutons
1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
1/2 cup (125ml) good-quality seafood cocktail sauce
2 tbs lemon juice
3 tbs (1/4 cup) creme fraiche
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, coarsely grated

Method
Place the lettuce in a bowl with the prawns, bacon, croutons and parmesan.
Mix the seafood sauce with the lemon juice, creme fraiche and 2 tablespoons of warm water, then season with salt and pepper.
Add half the dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
Pile salad into serving bowls, drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with egg and extra parmesan.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Prawn salad

If it's hot where you are tonight - and chances are it is - then try this simple prawn salad - no cooking required!
Ingredients (serves 4)

1/3 cup low-fat Caesar salad dressing
2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dill leaves, finely chopped
600g cooked medium king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, sliced
1/2 avocado, peeled, sliced
70g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Lemon wedges, to serve

Method

Combine dressing and herbs in a bowl.
Combine prawns, celery, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, snow peas and onion in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Prawn nicoise

Preparation Time

20 minutes

Cooking Time

15 minutes

Ingredients (serves 4)

10 baby coliban (chat) potatoes
400g green round beans, topped
4 eggs
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp dijon mustard
Pinch sugar
320g baby egg tomatoes, halved
24 cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
1/2 cup olives
Method

Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes to a chopping board. Cut in half.
Add the beans to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold, running water. Drain. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil uncovered for 7 minutes.
Drain and cool under cold, running water. Peel and quarter eggs. Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and sugar in a jug until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the potato, beans, egg, tomato, prawns and olives among serving bowls. Drizzle with dressing.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Prawn saganaki
Preparation Time
25 minutes

Cooking Time
45 minutes

Ingredients (serves 8)

Olive oil spray
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
1 tbs ouzo
700ml btl passata (tomato pasta sauce)
250ml (1 cup) water
1 tbs dried oregano leaves
260g (1 1/4 cups) dried risoni pasta
1kg green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
125g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
2 tbs fresh oregano leaves

Method

Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and ouzo, and simmer for 2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced. Add the passata, water and dried oregano. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of the fresh oregano.
Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill on high. Spray the prawns with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through (see Cook’s Tip, below).
Reheat the passata mixture over low heat and stir in half the feta.
Place the risoni in a serving dish. Pour over the passata mixture and top with the prawns. Sprinkle with the parsley, remaining feta and remaining fresh oregano.

akshaymalik84
October 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Prawn saganaki

Preparation Time

25 minutes

Cooking Time

45 minutes

Ingredients (serves 8)

Olive oil spray
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
1 tbs ouzo
700ml btl passata (tomato pasta sauce)
250ml (1 cup) water
1 tbs dried oregano leaves
260g (1 1/4 cups) dried risoni pasta
1kg green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
125g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
2 tbs fresh oregano leaves
Method

Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and ouzo, and simmer for 2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced. Add the passata, water and dried oregano. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of the fresh oregano.
Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill on high. Spray the prawns with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through (see Cook’s Tip, below).
Reheat the passata mixture over low heat and stir in half the feta.
Place the risoni in a serving dish. Pour over the passata mixture and top with the prawns. Sprinkle with the parsley, remaining feta and remaining fresh oregano.

Preparation time - 25 Min. Cooking Time - 45 min. Total time - 70 Min.

5 Min. Aata Guthan mei......5 Min. Roti sekan mei....15-20 Min. Daal banan mei or tadka lagan mei. or ye saare kam sath sath ho sake hai.....matlab 20 min mei badiya daal roti banke taiyaar.....pet bhar k khao or dad maar k so jao.....k kadhega prawn or shrimps mei.

Oh ho...acha......Tu practice te na karta hai:D....Nai nai dishes ki....hahaha....kis ne impress karega daaki....:rock:rock

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM

5 Min. Aata Guthan mei......5 Min. Roti sekan mei....15-20 Min. Daal banan mei or tadka lagan mei. or ye saare kam sath sath ho sake hai.....matlab 20 min mei badiya daal roti banke taiyaar.....pet bhar k khao or dad maar k so jao.....k kadhega prawn or shrimps mei.

Oh ho...acha......Tu practice te na karta hai:D....Nai nai dishes ki....hahaha....kis ne impress karega daaki....:rock:rock

Tunnai laage sai itna time mai la sakoon soon in saudyan mai ;).. koye dish 5-10 min mai tayar ho ja tai thik sai..baaki main itni khubaat karaniya koni.. Main to roti bani banayi tha laya karonn bhai...banaya koni karta..kaade tu ni karta sai ye kaam roti banan aale :rock :rock

ravinderjeet
October 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM

उप्पर तें मुंह माहं तें बाँश आवेगी आछा भुंडा खा के ने |

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
उप्पर तें मुंह माहं तें बाँश आवेगी आछा भुंडा खा के ने |

tunnai pasand koni tai kihe nai koni...

ravinderjeet
October 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
tunnai pasand koni tai kihe nai koni...

छोह में क्यूँ आवे स फेर ,मेरी ओड़ तें चाहे मिंडकाँ का आचार खा |

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
छोह में क्यूँ आवे स फेर ,मेरी ओड़ तें चाहे मिंडकाँ का आचार खा |

Main kit aa rehya so choo mai..aape kimme ho soche ja tai alag baat sai bhai inderjeet

akshaymalik84
October 24th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Tunnai laage sai itna time mai la sakoon soon in saudyan mai ;).. koye dish 5-10 min mai tayar ho ja tai thik sai..baaki main itni khubaat karaniya koni.. Main to roti bani banayi tha laya karonn bhai...banaya koni karta..kaade tu ni karta sai ye kaam roti banan aale :rock :rock

Fer kyun panne bhande hai ...lugaiya ka kam lugaiya pe e chod de.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Fer kyun panne bhande hai ...lugaiya ka kam lugaiya pe e chod de.

Yu indejeet rasoi mai badd rehya itne din ka ;).. makka mai bhi thoda mota likh dyon intai inspire hokai ;)..Jatland pai logg bera na ke ke chepain sain..to munnai bhi kimme ho chep diya to galat kar diya :rock :rock

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thank God for what? :confused:

For positive comment :). Actually I myself am not very fond of sea food.

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Prawn caesar

Ingredients (serves 4)

2 baby cos lettuces, outer leaves discarded, roughly torn
500g cooked prawns, peeled, de-veined, tails intact
4 rashers rindless bacon, cooked, chopped
2 cups toasted croutons
1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
1/2 cup (125ml) good-quality seafood cocktail sauce
2 tbs lemon juice
3 tbs (1/4 cup) creme fraiche
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, coarsely grated

Method
Place the lettuce in a bowl with the prawns, bacon, croutons and parmesan.
Mix the seafood sauce with the lemon juice, creme fraiche and 2 tablespoons of warm water, then season with salt and pepper.
Add half the dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
Pile salad into serving bowls, drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with egg and extra parmesan.

Rashers? kindly explain as I am not familiar with it. Also, the recipe for the sauce?

I think I shall omit the bacon (not a big fan).

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Rashers? kindly explain as I am not familiar with it. Also, the recipe for the sauce?

I think I shall omit the bacon (not a big fan).

Pehlya aap munnai Olive oil aala karan batao.. kaunsa olive oil use kara..pherr mai aapnai iska link de doonga :)

Regards

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Pehlya aap munnai Olive oil aala karan batao.. kaunsa olive oil use kara..pherr mai aapnai iska link de doonga :)

Regards

Just use whatever olive oil is available with you and whichever one you prefer.

As I said, I am not a big fan of sea food - so I won't be making it. Don't bother with the link.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Just use whatever olive oil is available with you and whichever one you prefer.

As I said, I am not a big fan of sea food - so I won't be making it. Don't bother with the link.

Wrong Urmila ji. You can't use Olive oil in salad dressing. Extra-Virgin olive oil is used for salad dressing. In you recipe too, Extra Virgin Olive Oil will be used not the Olive Oil.

Olive oil is meant for cooking purposes only.

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 12:53 PM
You can't use Olive oil in salad dressing.

Don't bother about what I can and cannot use.

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Prawn saganaki
Preparation Time

[/LIST]

Ouzo? What's that?

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Don't bother about what I can and cannot use.

You are teaching people recipes and you don't know the basic difference between Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Olive Oil. I am amazed with your knowledge!

Regards,

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Ouzo? What's that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo

Arvindc
October 24th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Wrong Urmila ji. You can't use Olive oil in salad dressing. Extra-Virgin olive oil is used for salad dressing. In you recipe too, Extra Virgin Olive Oil will be used not the Olive Oil.

Olive oil is meant for cooking purposes only.

It's not that one "can't" use (at least it won't be harmful) , however, it is not recommended. I have heard this too. :)

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 01:38 PM
It's not that one "can't" use (at least it won't be harmful) , however, it is not recommended. I have heard this too. :)

You are right. "Can't" is not the right word. I should have used "recommended".

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 01:40 PM

It is harmful if you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking purposes. Standard Olive oil is used for cooking purposes.

malikdeepak1
October 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
कोए साग/सिब्जी, चाट/पकोड़ी, गुलगुले/सुहाली, सिरसम के तेल में भी बन सके से के ?? :p

यु ओलिव कोणी समझ में आमता ! :confused:

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I am amazed with your knowledge!

Regards,

Thanks!

p.s: I am only sharing the recipes (no teaching). You seem to be quite confused :) ha ha ha ha!!!

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 03:27 PM
It is harmful if you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking purposes. Standard Olive oil is used for cooking purposes.

You go to your church and I go (or not go) to mine!!!!

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 03:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo

any authentic source?

Arvindc
October 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Not exactly! Any oil is harmful if it reaches it's smoking point. It's just that Extra Virgin Olive Oil has low smoking point.

From: http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/estaticos/view/87-mediterranean-diet-pyramid

"Olive oil" and "Virgin olive oil" are used throughout the Mediterranean. The former is normally used for cooking. The latter, which is appropriate for all uses, is excellent when consumed raw to best appreciate its aroma and flavour and to benefit fully from all its natural components.

From: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=56

Is it OK to cook with extra-virgin olive oil?

One of the main things to consider when evaluating whether it is OK to heat extra-virgin olive oil (or any other oil for that matter) is the smoke point of the oil. The smoke point is the temperature at which visible gaseous vapor from the heating of oil becomes evident. It is traditionally used as a marker for when decomposition of oil begins to take place. Since decomposition incurs chemical changes that may not only result in reduced flavor and nutritional value but also the generation of harmful cancer causing compounds (oxygen radicals) that are harmful to your health, it is important to not heat oil past its smoke point. Inhaling the vapors can also be damaging.

Oils and their smoke point

The smoke point is a natural property of unrefined oils, reflecting their chemical composition. When oil is refined, the process increases the oil's smoke point; in fact, raising the smoke point is one of the reasons why the refining process is used. To get a better idea of how refining increases the smoke point of oil, look at Table 1 that shows several examples.
Table 1

Canola oil, unrefined
225°F

Canola oil, semirefined
350°F

Canola oil, refined
400°F

Safflower oil, unrefined
225°F

Safflower oil, semirefined
320°F

Safflower oil, refined
450°F

Soy oil, unrefined
320°F

Soy oil, semirefined
350°F

Soy oil, refined
450°F

Sunflower oil, unrefined
225°F

Sunflower oil, semirefined
450°F

Sunflower oil, refined high-oleic
450°F

Olive oil and its smoke point

Before I discuss the specifics of the smoke point of olive oil, I want to clarify some terms used to define olive oils since these terms are often a source of confusion for many people:

Extra-virgin: derived from the first pressing of the olives (has the most delicate flavor).
Fine virgin: created from the second pressing of the olives.
Refined oil: unlike extra-virgin and fine virgin olive oils, which only use mechanical means to press the oil, refined oil is created by using chemicals to extract the oil from the olives.
Pure oil: a bit of a misnomer, it indicates oil that is a blend of refined and virgin olive oils.

Now, unlike the information presented in Table 1, the information on olive oil smoke points is, unfortunately, not very clear or consistent since different companies list different smoke points for their olive oil products; this variability most likely reflects differences in degree of processing. Generally, the smoke point of olive oil ranges from 220-437°F. Most commercial producers list their pure olive smoke points in the range of 425-450°F while "light" olive oil products (which have undergone more processing) are listed at 468°F. Manufacturers of extra virgin oil list their smoke points in a range that starts "just under 200°F" and that extends all the way up to 406°F. Again, the variability here is great, and most likely reflects differences in the degree of processing.

Practical tips

In principle, organic, unrefined, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil should have the lowest smoke point of all forms of olive oil since this form of the oil is the least refined, most nutrient dense and contains the largest concentration of fragile nutritive components. Oxidation of nourishing substances found in extra virgin olive oil, as well as acrylamide formation, can occur at cooking temperatures very closer to the 300°F/148°C range. For these reasons, I don't recommend cooking with extra virgin olive oil.

I had researched about olive oil, mainly for it's following benefit: ( One percent of world population gets RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS)

From: http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/estaticos/view/94-olive-oil-and-the-immune-system

OLIVE OIL AND RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory immune disease of unknown causes that affects the joints. Genes, infective factors, hormones and diet have been suggested as possible associates in its onset. Although some studies had suggested that olive oil could help to alleviate its symptoms they did not provide confirmation of such a protective effect. Now, the results of a recently published study suggest that regular consumption of olive oil may reduce the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis. According to the authors of the study, the people on diets containing high levels of olive oil had less risk of suffering this disease. The study found that the people who consumed less olive oil had 2.5 times more possibility of developing rheumatoid arthritis than those who consumed it more frequently. Although the mechanism involved is not yet clear, antioxidants are suspected to exert a beneficial effect.

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM

By cooking, I think you mean cooking that involves heating.

This shrimp recipe is from Garde Manger - cold food i.e., no cooking of the sauce. So no worries about smoking point of oil as it is not being heated.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM
By cooking, I think you mean cooking that involves heating.

This shrimp recipe is from Garde Manger - cold food i.e., no cooking of the sauce. So no worries about smoking point of oil as it is not being heated.

Yes that is right! But for a great taste no one would like to use Olive oil when consumed raw. Extra Virgin Olive Oil taste great when consumed raw. That is why it is recommended to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for salad dressing. So in your recipe, it would have been nice and professional, if you had mentioned about Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 03:47 PM
any authentic source?

Are you looking forward to some research? :)

Regards,

vicky84
October 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Not exactly! Any oil is harmful if it reaches it's smoking point. It's just that Extra Virgin Olive Oil has low smoking point.

From: http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/estaticos/view/87-mediterranean-diet-pyramid

From: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=56

I had researched about olive oil, mainly for it's following benefit: ( One percent of world population gets RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS)

Bhai Arvind,

It is well explained in your links that Extra Virgin Olive Oil has low smoking point. Thus it is harmful. When you cook with extra virgin olive oil, it reaches smoking point quickly.So for cooking, you need oil like Canola Oil, sunflower oil etc. Does it make some sense?

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 09:14 PM
So in your recipe, it would have been nice and professional, if you had mentioned about Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

I won't mention it. Period. It is upto you what you want to use.

p.s: in the interest of peace and harmony in this thread, kindly refrain from making personal remarks such as on my professionalism. By the way, Cooking is not my profession - it is my hobby.

urmiladuhan
October 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Are you looking forward to some research? :)

Regards,

Just say no, if you don't know or have the relevant information.

sanjeev_balyan
October 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM
kitna badhiya taga maja aagya,
shrimp with a basic sauce

vicky84
October 25th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I won't mention it. Period. It is upto you what you want to use.

p.s: in the interest of peace and harmony in this thread, kindly refrain from making personal remarks such as on my professionalism. By the way, Cooking is not my profession - it is my hobby.

Oh I thought you were a chef in some hotel. It is clear now. BTW what is your profession?

Regards,

Rakesh jee, I worked very hard in various kitchens to learn these recipes, haath toot gayae thae kaam kar kar kae - taab ja kae chef's nae meerae pae yeh meharbaani karee. It is not eay to work in big kitchens with strict hierarchial system - new people first have to slog to be liked by elderly chef's. Please don't call these recipes "kimme"!!!!! (joking)

vicky84
October 25th, 2011, 05:08 AM

You first tell what type of information you need from the following :

Information for Research, PHD etc.

Information for doing thesis .

A general information.

If other, please specify.

Kind Regards,

vicky84
October 25th, 2011, 05:12 AM

Can you post recipes on Paani Puri, Chat Pakode etc

Regards,

singhvp
October 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Regards,

कुछ रेसिपी:

पानी पूरी : एक गिलास ताज़ा पानी, एक चूंटी पिसा होड़ नमक , एक छटांक भुना होड़ जीरा , पिसी हुई काली मिर्च दो चूंटी , हरा धनिया पिस्स्या होड़ २ चम्मच
बाकी मसाले सवादुनासर I इनका घोल बणा के उसमै पूरी नै एक मिनट तक डबो के राखो, फेर चटखारे ले के खाओ I
पानी पूरी का इतिहास : प्राचीन काल में जब पूरी के साथ घूँटने के लिए coke और juice नहीं थे तब इसका अविष्कार हुआ I
चाट : वैसे तो यह आमतौर पर पशुओं का खाना होता है (जैसे खल बिनोले की चाट ) मगर आजकल इसका चलन बड़े बड़े शहरों में भी देखने में आया है I
Ingredients और विधि : छोले रांध के उसमे थोड़ी खटाई (जैसे इमली इत्यादि ) मिलाओ , फेर ऊपर तैं बारीक प्याज, धनिया, टमाटर, नीम्बू, नमक छिड़क दयो आर करारी रोटी के बारीक बारीक टुकड़े के साथ खाओ

पकोड़े : ताजा shrimp या दूसरे समुद्री कीड़े मकोड़े पकड़ो, साफ करो, बेशन मैं नमक मिर्च आर प्याज मिलाओ, उसमें इन्ने डुबोवो आर गर्म तेल मैं गेर के भून ल्यो , जब brown होज्याँ तो काढ के खा ल्यो

ravinderjeet
October 25th, 2011, 11:10 AM
पकोड़े : ताजा shrimp या दूसरे समुद्री कीड़े मकोड़े पकड़ो, साफ करो, बेशन मैं नमक मिर्च आर प्याज मिलाओ, उसमें इन्ने डुबोवो आर गर्म तेल मैं गेर के भून ल्यो , जब brown होज्याँ तो काढ के खा ल्यो[/QUOTE]

मुंह नि जळ जा गा ,काढदे खा लिए ते , शीले करण की ते बताइये ना आपने !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

singhvp
October 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM
मुंह नि जळ जा गा ,काढदे खा लिए ते , शीले करण की ते बताइये ना आपने !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

न्यू ना बताई, ताकि इसी-इसी ऊट-पटांग चीज़ फेर ना खावें !!

deependra
October 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
न्यू ना बताई, ताकि इसी-इसी ऊट-पटांग चीज़ फेर ना खावें !!

देशो में देश हरयाणा, जहाँ दूध घी का खाना... ऐसा कहीं किसी जाटलैंड मेम्बर के सिग्नचेर में लिखा था.. और कहाँ हम कीड़े मकोड़े पर चले गए....

urmiladuhan
October 25th, 2011, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=vpsingh

Please start a new thread for your recipe - don't post in this shrimp thread.

urmiladuhan
October 25th, 2011, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=atishmohan;283286]You first tell what type of information you need from the following :

Information for Research, PHD etc.

Information for doing thesis .

A general information.

If other, please specify.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

kindly refrain from making comments unrelated to the topic of the thread. They shall not be replied to and may also be reported to the moderator for deletion.

urmiladuhan
October 25th, 2011, 09:23 PM
kitna badhiya taga maja aagya,
shrimp with a basic sauce

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Thanks!

urmiladuhan
October 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Regards,

Your post is unrelated to the topic of this thread. Kindly delete it and start a new thread for your unrelated question.

singhvp
October 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM
urmiladuhan....Please start a new thread for your recipe - don't post in this shrimp thread.

Atish wanted to know recipe of these items. It it is a thread about cookery, naturally some peripheral recipes are bound to surface and I do not see anything wrong in this. I don't think the initiator of a thread has a copy right prohibiting others to write on it. I feel we should leave it to the wisdom and discretion of moderator to decide whether it is relevant or not. I will not dispute if moderators slash it while considering it off-topic.

Meanwhile, I have noted your suggestion and will think about starting a new thread about some new recipes like "Baazre kee Rabree"

akshaymalik84
October 25th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Some of the members here not behaving like Jats. They should be thrown out of here or they should create a new JL just like a new recipe.

urmiladuhan
October 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Some of the members here not behaving like Jats. They should be thrown out of here or they should create a new JL just like a new recipe.

I have brought the matter of posting unrelated material in this thread (and the derogatory comments) to the notice of the moderator, for deletion.

No more until then.

satyeshwar
October 25th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Folks,
We allow a lot of leniency with threads these days. Let's try to not take advantage of this and stay on topic. A post becomes off topic is when a member leaves the original subject and starts talking about another member profession etc. or starts getting derogatory/sarcastic in their responses. Also, if the author of a thread is repeatedly requesting other members to not stray away from her topic, then we should show common courtesy and honor their request.

I hope my gentle suggestion is sufficient and nothing further from a moderator's perspective is needed.
-Bagh

singhvp
October 25th, 2011, 10:06 PM
It has also been noticed that some worthy members, in some cases even the initiators of the threads, indulge in personal attacks and provocative remarks which leads to deflection from the real issue and unnecessary wranglings. Suitable whips may kindly be issued to the erring members to refrain from such kind of unsavoury behaviour.

urmiladuhan
October 25th, 2011, 10:12 PM
It has also been noticed that some worthy members, in some cases even the initiators of the threads, indulge in personal attacks and provocative remarks which leads to deflection from the real issue and unnecessary wranglings. Suitable whips may kindly be issued to the erring members to refrain from such kind of unsavoury behaviour.

V P Singh has joined this thread ONLY for the purpose of derailing the thread (unrelated post) and for creating disharmony. So are majority of Atishmohan's post's.

singhvp
October 25th, 2011, 10:14 PM
V P Singh has joined this thread ONLY for the purpose of derailing the thread (unrelated post) and for creating disharmony. So are majority of Atishmohan's post's.

Ok if you do not want me to participate in this discussion, I am not very adamant and will sign off so that harmony can be revived. But trust me, this was just to add some spice and humour to this thread. Unfortunately, you smelt a rat in this.

vicky84
October 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
kindly refrain from making comments unrelated to the topic of the thread. They shall not be replied to and may also be reported to the moderator for deletion.

How is it irrelevant to the thread? Kindly explain. You have raised a question about Ouzo and then I replied. But somehow you did not like that information. Even though that was a general information. Then I asked, what type of information you need so that I can help you accordingly. Now you are saying that I am off topic.

vicky84
October 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Your post is unrelated to the topic of this thread. Kindly delete it and start a new thread for your unrelated question.

Are you OWNER of this website? Kindly refrain from suggesting what should I do and What should not.That's none of your business!

vicky84
October 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Folks,
We allow a lot of leniency with threads these days. Let's try to not take advantage of this and stay on topic. A post becomes off topic is when a member leaves the original subject and starts talking about another member profession etc. or starts getting derogatory/sarcastic in their responses. Also, if the author of a thread is repeatedly requesting other members to not stray away from her topic, then we should show common courtesy and honor their request.

I hope my gentle suggestion is sufficient and nothing further from a moderator's perspective is needed.
-Bagh

I now where left the original topic, except one or two posts.

deshi-jat
October 29th, 2011, 07:51 AM
यो शरिम्प गुड़गामा मै कुणसी जगहा मिलेगा? और यो डिब्बाबंद आवै है कै ताज़ा? माणस गेल कितणे शरिम्प चाहिए?

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
यो शरिम्प गुड़गामा मै कुणसी जगहा मिलेगा? और यो डिब्बाबंद आवै है कै ताज़ा? माणस गेल कितणे शरिम्प चाहिए?

ज मन्ने पूछै (btw: म आपने आप नए मानस ला री हूँ - ज किसी भाई बेबे नए ईस बात पे ऐतराज़ हो तह माफ़ी) तोह मे यो श्रिम्प (shrimp) आला सौदा कदे भी न खा - I don't like sea food at all (except freshwater fish)! किसी भाई नए ईस recipe की request की थी, ईस leeyae मैने पोस्ट कर दी. I think in Gurgaon, you should be able to find it in reliance store (frozen food section). If you are interested, I can give you better tasting sauce recipes - this one here is too basic. How much would 1 person require depends on his/her appetite and taste for the food. Sea food items are known to cause allergies/burning sensation in the throat, in some people - so better be careful before deciding to eat too much.

naveenprakash
October 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I think...you need to go as per your choice of brand.You won't find Shrimps fresh...hahaa..apne NCR mein yeh sub Packaged and frozen hi milega..with expiry date...jaha tak taste ki baat hai...then the cook should be expert in cooking these kind of items otherwise...too phir kya kahe sakte hai.... and the person who is having the receipe should know how to have it...it would really taste good.....:o

deshi-jat
October 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
आछ्या उर्मिला, न्यू तै बता दे इं के सॉस मै दारु कोण्सी पड़ेगी; धोळी, लाल ? सूखी, आधी-सूखी या मीठी?

ज मन्ने पूछै (btw: म आपने आप नए मानस ला री हूँ - ज किसी भाई बेबे नए ईस बात पे ऐतराज़ हो तह माफ़ी) तोह मे यो श्रिम्प (shrimp) आला सौदा कदे भी न खा - I don't like sea food at all (except freshwater fish)! किसी भाई नए ईस recipe की request की थी, ईस leeyae मैने पोस्ट कर दी. I think in Gurgaon, you should be able to find it in reliance store (frozen food section). If you are interested, I can give you better tasting sauce recipes - this one here is too basic. How much would 1 person require depends on his/her appetite and taste for the food. Sea food items are known to cause allergies/burning sensation in the throat, in some people - so better be careful before deciding to eat too much.

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2011, 08:37 PM
आछ्या उर्मिला, न्यू तै बता दे इं के सॉस मै दारु कोण्सी पड़ेगी; धोळी, लाल ? सूखी, आधी-सूखी या मीठी?

aap nae jo pasand ho wa a ghaal leeyo. No hard and fast rule.

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2011, 08:39 PM
[SIZE=2 दारु कोण्सी पड़ेगी; धोळी, लाल ? सूखी, आधी-सूखी या मीठी?

[/SIZE]

I can see you are a wine connoisseur! Am I right?

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 06:07 AM
नवीन, इस शरिम्प के भी ब्रांड चाल गे के? यो तो जौहड़-खाबड़े मै हे होता होगा?

I think...you need to go as per your choice of brand.You won't find Shrimps fresh...hahaa..apne NCR mein yeh sub Packaged and frozen hi milega..with expiry date...jaha tak taste ki baat hai...then the cook should be expert in cooking these kind of items otherwise...too phir kya kahe sakte hai.... and the person who is having the receipe should know how to have it...it would really taste good.....:o

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 06:11 AM
आज-काल तो गुड़गामे मे सुशी (Sushi) का फैशन घणा चाल रहया सै. इसका Recipe हो तै बताइयो.

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 06:19 AM
ना जी, किसया पारखी (Connoisseur). बस आप जिसया धोरे एक-आधे नाम सुण रखे सै.
पर एक बात बताओ, न्यू कह सै की लाल दारू (Red Wine) स्वास्थ्य के लिए ज्यादा लाभकारी हो सै, इसमें कुछ polyphenols नाम के Antioxidants बताये. इब अच्छी लाल दारू या तो मिले ही कम सै या उसकी कीमत बहोत ज्यादा हो सै. ये Antioxidants अंगूर मै तै हे तो आते होंगे, अक गलत सै? फेर तै लाल अंगूर खाए तै भी वोह हे फायदा होणा चाहिए अक ना?

I can see you are a wine connoisseur! Am I right?

singhvp
October 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
आज-काल तो गुड़गामे मे सुशी (Sushi) का फैशन घणा चाल रहया सै. इसका Recipe हो तै बताइयो.

या सुशी काच्ची ऐ खाई जा सै, दो चूंटी नून आर एक हरी मिर्च के साथ चाब लिए आर किते सूप मिल ज्या तो उसमे गेर के खा लिए I पर इस बात का ध्यान राखिये काची चीज़ सेध भी जाया करे I कोए चीज़ जिसने देख के आम आदमी कै उलटी पड़ती हो वा आजकाल हाई सोसाइटी मै delicacy मानी जा सै I वैसे तो यो जापानी dish थी पर इब हम भी नक़ल करन लागे, modern कुहावन नै I

bls31
October 30th, 2011, 08:48 AM
This is progress at one time Jats were strict vegetrarian and now

singhvp
October 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
पर एक बात बताओ, न्यू कह सै की लाल दारू (Red Wine) स्वास्थ्य के लिए ज्यादा लाभकारी हो सै, इसमें कुछ polyphenols नाम के Antioxidants बताये. इब अच्छी लाल दारू या तो मिले ही कम सै या उसकी कीमत बहोत ज्यादा हो सै. ये Antioxidants अंगूर मै तै हे तो आते होंगे, अक गलत सै? फेर तै लाल अंगूर खाए तै भी वोह हे फायदा होणा चाहिए अक ना?

गेहूं मैं भी वे सारे गुण होवें सें जो रोटी मैं सें, फेर हम गेहूं क्यों ना चाब लेते, खामखां रोटियाँ का झंझट करते हैं I

The grapes juice morphed into wine undergoes certain changes acquiring additional properties.
An example: Grapes, when eaten raw, are not intoxicating whereas wine is, because it has acquired this property when kept in a particular temperature for a definite period prescribed for maturing. Quality of wine also differs according to quality of grape, year of crop, level/time of maturity and climatic conditions of the location of vineyards but this difference is hardly distinguishable while eating raw grapes. Therefore, wine is wine and grapes are grapes.

Disclaimer: I am not a connoisseur.

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 10:31 AM
काच्ची के??? भिन्डी, घिया, गाजर? यो सुशी किस्सै मछली का नाम तै सै कोन्या. कोंये जापानी व्यंजन सै.

वी पी सिंह जी, आप तै बेरा ना क्यू खाम-खा छोह मै आ रे सो ? जिब op नै कई बै कह दी, अक उसने समुद्री-खाद्य का बेरा कोन्या घणा. अर मै कुणसा अडै कढ़ाई चढ़ाए बेठा सुं, अक बताते इ रांध दूंगा??? अर रांध भी दिया तै आप नै खुवाह दूंगा ?? अर जिह नै खाणा ऐ सै वोह तै खा गा, ना आपके कहे तै रुकै ना मेरे तै.
उर्मिला जिब ज्ञान की बात बतावे सै, की किस-किस ढाळ का खाणा, क्यूकर बणाया जा सै, तो के सुणन बी ज़ोर पड़ग्या???

या सुशी काच्ची ऐ खाई जा सै, दो चूंटी नून आर एक हरी मिर्च के साथ चाब लिए आर किते सूप मिल ज्या तो उसमे गेर के खा लिए i पर इस बात का ध्यान राखिये काची चीज़ सेध भी जाया करे i कोए चीज़ जिसने देख के आम आदमी कै उलटी पड़ती हो वा आजकाल हाई सोसाइटी मै delicacy मानी जा सै i वैसे तो यो जापानी dish थी पर इब हम भी नक़ल करन लागे, modern कुहावन नै i

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Lakshman jee,
Even today most of Jats are strict vegetarians. Actually its a news for me that Reliance sells seafood. I was under impression that after Jats, Gujju's are also strict vegetarians. In western world vegetarianism is increasing and unfortunately reverse trend is going on in India.

This is progress at one time Jats were strict vegetrarian and now

singhvp
October 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM
काच्ची के??? भिन्डी, घिया, गाजर? यो सुशी किस्सै मछली का नाम तै सै कोन्या. कोंये जापानी व्यंजन सै.

भाई क्रिशन या सुशी कच्ची ही खाई जाती है मेरी जानकारी के हिसाब से i (You can google it, if you don't trust me).

छोह मैं आवण की तो कोए बात नहीं बेरा ना आपके यो शक किस तरह होग्या i आर हाडे कोई किसी नै मना नहीं कर रह्या कोए कुछ भी खाओ. बात चाल पड़ी तो एक आधा कमेन्ट मIरण नै माणस का जी कर ए जाया करै

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM
वी पी सिंह जी,
बात तो आपकी स्याणी सै. पर न्यू बी कह सै चून तै ज्यादा पोषक तत्त्व चापट/चोकर (Bran) मै हो सै. इब या सच सै कै झूठ यो तै बेरा ना. Red wine का रंग अंगूर के छोत्के (grape skin) तै आता होगा, न्यू कीमे फायदा करती होगी, इब के जाण पाटै. जी मैंने तो इन चीज़्या का घणा बेरा ना, बस अन्दाजे तै ए कहूँ था. के बेरा कीमे रंग मिलाते हो.

गेहूं मैं भी वे सारे गुण होवें सें जो रोटी मैं सें, फेर हम गेहूं क्यों ना चाब लेते, खामखां रोटियाँ का झंझट करते हैं I

The grapes juice morphed into wine undergoes certain changes acquiring additional properties.
An example: Grapes, when eaten raw, are not intoxicating whereas wine is, because it has acquired this property when kept in a particular temperature for a definite period prescribed for maturing. Quality of wine also differs according to quality of grape, year of crop, level/time of maturity and climatic conditions of the location of vineyards but this difference is hardly distinguishable while eating raw grapes. Therefore, wine is wine and grapes are grapes.

singhvp
October 30th, 2011, 01:37 PM
वी पी सिंह जी,
बात तो आपकी स्याणी सै. पर न्यू बी कह सै चून तै ज्यादा पोषक तत्त्व चापट/चोकर (Bran) मै हो सै. इब या सच सै कै झूठ यो तै बेरा ना. Red wine का रंग अंगूर के छोत्के (grape skin) तै आता होगा, न्यू कीमे फायदा करती होगी, इब के जाण पाटै. जी मैंने तो इन चीज़्या का घणा बेरा ना, बस अन्दाजे तै ए कहूँ था. के बेरा कीमे रंग मिलाते हो.

हाँ भाई क्रिशन आपने बिलकुल ठीक कह्या कि यो छानस (Bran ) काफी फायदेमंद चीज़ है पर चून मैं मिलाके रोटी के रूप मै ही तो खाया जा गा नै I इसकी फांकी तो ना मार सकते I
आपने ठीक कह्या लाल दारू (Red Wine) लाल अंगूर से बनती है परन्तु खाली छोतके तें काम ना चालता अंगूर का रस भी मिलाना पड़े सै I
हाँ भाई लाल दारू दिल के लिए अच्छी होती हैI
Advisory: Indian wines are not reliable. French, Italian, Australian, South African, Californian, Chillian are good wines (in order of preference) in my opinion.

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM

I am convinced you are a highly educated and perceptive person - your questions reveal so. As far is food is concerned, it is more of a hobby for me as I am not in this profession. So, I shall try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and knowledge. You are right about anti oxidants being present in red wine and in red grapes and consuming them confers the anioxidant benefit on the person.

P.S: One of the highest levels of anti oxidants is found in pomogranate (Anar in Hindi).

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 02:44 PM
जी मैंने तो इन चीज़्या का घणा बेरा ना, बस अन्दाजे तै ए कहूँ

[/SIZE]

You know a lot - it is evident everywhere.

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM
सूखी, आधी-सूखी या मीठी?

If you know so much about wine classification, I am sure you also know about bouquet (in regards to wine). Am I right?

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 03:21 PM

I am sorry, I don't know how to make Sushi. Do you like Sushi?

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 08:35 PM
उर्मिला जी, मनै तो बिना चाखे इ अडै जात बहार काढण नै हो रहै सै.

I am sorry, I don't know how to make Sushi. Do you like Sushi?

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM
ना जी, छोडो इब. क्यों इतणा झंझट करना.

I am convinced you are a highly educated and perceptive person - your questions reveal so. As far is food is concerned, it is more of a hobby for me as I am not in this profession. So, I shall try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and knowledge. You are right about anti oxidants being present in red wine and in red grapes and consuming them confers the anioxidant benefit on the person.

P.S: One of the highest levels of anti oxidants is found in pomogranate (Anar in Hindi).

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 08:48 PM
If you know so much about wine classification, I am sure you also know about bouquet (in regards to wine). Am I right?

It is wonderful to know well educated/connoisseur/perceptive/detail oriented people. I see that you are relatively new in posting on JL - so welcome aboard!

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
उर्मिला जी, मनै तो बिना चाखे इ अडै जात बहार काढण नै हो रहै सै.

Actually, as you know too, Sushi may not be a very safe food to eat.

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
इब आप लठ के जोर तै हा भारवावो व तै दूसरी बात :)... मेरी जो समझ मै जिसी बैठे उसी लिख दु सूं, इसमें ज्यादा शिक्षित और समझारी वाळी बात कै सै. Wine specifications are mostly mentioned on bottle.
BTW thanks for your generous compliments!!!:D

deshi-jat
October 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks a lot Urmila jee!!!!

It is wonderful to know well educated/connoisseur/perceptive/detail oriented people. I see that you are relatively new in posting on JL - so welcome aboard!

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2011, 08:55 PM
इब आप लठ के जोर तै हा भारवावो व तै दूसरी बात :)... मेरी जो समझ मै जिसी बैठे उसी लिख दु सूं, इसमें ज्यादा शिक्षित और समझारी वाळी बात कै सै. Wine specifications are mostly mentioned on bottle.
BTW thanks for your generous compliments!!!:D

Oh! you are sooooo humble!!! I am floored :)

deshi-jat
October 31st, 2011, 06:20 AM
V P Singh Ji,
Intoxication property is simply related to alcohol (ethanol/ethyl alcohol), which is produced during fermentation. Alcohol produced from grains, grapes, potato, jaggery, etc. or synthesized chemically, would have intoxicating effect. Yes climate conditions definitely make huge difference. Basmati will lose its quality if grown anywhere else, except foothills of the Himalayas.
Now come to the main point, what makes red wine better than white wine. Wine making procedure should be the same for both. So, both should have same health benefits. But that is not the case. The difference could be attributed to starting material; the grapes color (red or white). So that way eating red grapes should provide same health benefits.
But you are right it may be some secondary metabolites also, produced uniquely during fermentation of red grapes.

deshi-jat
October 31st, 2011, 06:39 AM
German, Austrian, Spanish, Portuguese, Argentinian, New Zealand -ian वाइन भी ठीक-ठाक बताई, मौका मिल जा तै इन भी चाख कै देखियो

French, Italian, Australian, South African, Californian, Chillian are good wines (in order of preference) in my opinion.

singhvp
October 31st, 2011, 07:21 AM
German, Austrian, Spanish, Portuguese, Argentinian, New Zealand -ian वाइन भी ठीक-ठाक बताई, मौका मिल जा तै इन भी चाख कै देखियो

...हा.....हा.....हा....... चाखन की के बात सै, सारी खूब गटक राखी सें I वैसे तो और भी घणे देश हैं I यूरोप मैं तो घरां मै भी बनावें सें I पर फ्रेंच wine का मज़ा न्यारा सै I

Germany & Austria have better expertise in brewing of Beer
Portugal's Porto is famous but it is slightly different from typical wines (Portuguese sherry is also good).
Spanish Wine is of course equally good.
Argentinian wine I never found good
New Zealand wine is so so.

deshi-jat
October 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
Urmila ji,
I am also not a food professional or gourmet cook. It is hobby-cum-curiosity for me. I am familiar with making regular “Paneer” with lemon/lime. But if you have recipe for some exotic cheese like cheddar, feta, mozzarella, etc., please do share.

singhvp
October 31st, 2011, 07:35 AM
V P Singh Ji,
Intoxication property is simply related to alcohol (ethanol/ethyl alcohol), which is produced during fermentation. Alcohol produced from grains, grapes, potato, jaggery, etc. or synthesized chemically, would have intoxicating effect. Yes climate conditions definitely make huge difference. Basmati will lose its quality if grown anywhere else, except foothills of the Himalayas.
Now come to the main point, what makes red wine better than white wine. Wine making procedure should be the same for both. So, both should have same health benefits. But that is not the case. The difference could be attributed to starting material; the grapes color (red or white). So that way eating red grapes should provide same health benefits.
But you are right it may be some secondary metabolites also, produced uniquely during fermentation of red grapes.

Krishan, you are right intoxicating effect is caused by alcohol which is produced by the fermentation process.

In fact both the wines are good for heart but red wine is considered slightly more beneficial. The difference in quality is, of course due to difference in the quality and colour of grape. But basic question remains, that eating raw grape (white or red) is not the same thing as drinking red and white wine. In both cases the raw material undergoes chemical changes and I need not to tell you that chemical changes involve changes in basic properties also. That is the difference.

There is of course qualitative difference between red and white wine. That is why red wine is served on room temperature and white wine is served chilled. Red wine is taken with red meat and white wine is taken with white meat or cheese. I have never gone deep into this. On google, you may find detailed description of these wines and their difference. I am telling you only as a layman and not as connoisseur. My information is, therefore, subject to questioning. Your queries and questioning are always welcome.

urmiladuhan
October 31st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Urmila ji,
I am also not a food professional or gourmet cook. It is hobby-cum-curiosity for me. I am familiar with making regular “Paneer” with lemon/lime. But if you have recipe for some exotic cheese like cheddar, feta, mozzarella, etc., please do share.

I think you are pulling my leg!

deshi-jat
October 31st, 2011, 09:06 AM
No, I am serious. Honestly.

I think you are pulling my leg!

urmiladuhan
October 31st, 2011, 11:02 PM
Urmila ji,
But if you have recipe for some exotic cheese like cheddar, feta, mozzarella, etc., please do share.

Cheese making is quite an art and has lot of science behind it. Except for Feta and Mozzarella, the other cheese mentioned above take a lot of time to get ready i.e., may be upto a year or so. Let's leave it for the professionals.
I have salad recipes that use Mozzarella, which I will be more than happy to share.
I am quite good with some Tandoor Items - I shall be posting about them soon.

deshi-jat
October 31st, 2011, 11:13 PM
That’s quite interesting to know that cheese may take up year. I have heard, [just heard] that best quality mozzarella is made from murrah buffalo milk. Italians may be buying it from Haryana, if that’s the case. Anyway, I am eagerly looking forward to your new recipes

Cheese making is quite an art and has lot of science behind it. Except for Feta and Mozzarella, the other cheese mentioned above take a lot of time to get ready i.e., may be upto a year or so. Let's leave it for the professionals.
I have salad recipes that use Mozzarella, which I will be more than happy to share.

urmiladuhan
October 31st, 2011, 11:19 PM
That’s quite interesting to know that cheese may take up year. I have heard, [just heard] that best quality mozzarella is made from murrah buffalo milk. Italians may be buying it from Haryana, if that’s the case. Anyway, I am eagerly looking forward to your new recipes

May I know from whom you have just heard about Buffalo Mozzarella - is he/she a Jatland member?
Your information on Buffalo Mozzarella is correct as per my knowledge.

drkarminder
October 31st, 2011, 11:33 PM
May I know from whom you have just heard about Buffalo Mozzarella - is he/she a Jatland member?

every time i read post of this thread...my mouth become watery...nd i hv to go to eat smthing....this thread is increasing my weight....lol:)

deshi-jat
November 1st, 2011, 01:10 AM
Urmila ji, it has been a while perhaps it was on animal planet about water buffaloes or some report from Karnal dairy on TV in context of cloning the murrah, I really don’t remember. It wasn’t from JL member though. Here is wiki link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murrah_buffalo) stating, “By Italian law, Mozzarella may only be made from buffalo milk”, can’t say how authentic their claim is.

deshi-jat
November 1st, 2011, 01:22 AM
That’s really good news Dr Karminder! Enjoy the dishes for now without worrying about weight gain or BMI. If become obese, request Urmila ji for “weight watchers recipe" @lol

every time i read post of this thread...my mouth become watery...nd i hv to go to eat smthing....this thread is increasing my weight....lol:)

deshi-jat
November 1st, 2011, 02:08 AM
माणस खोप्पर ऐ पडै सो आप भी. सबके स्वाद इसे मूह-जबानी रट राखे, चौबीसों घन्टे जमाँ टन्न रहते होगे :cool:

मका यो घरां बणाण का Recipe अडै चेप देते, किसे का भला हो ज्यागा !

...हा.....हा.....हा....... चाखन की के बात सै, सारी खूब गटक राखी सें i वैसे तो और भी घणे देश हैं i यूरोप मैं तो घरां मै भी बनावें सें i पर फ्रेंच wine का मज़ा न्यारा सै i

germany & austria have better expertise in brewing of beer
portugal's porto is famous but it is slightly different from typical wines (portuguese sherry is also good).
Spanish wine is of course equally good.
Argentinian wine i never found good
new zealand wine is so so.

singhvp
November 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM
माणस खोप्पर ऐ पडै सो आप भी. सबके स्वाद इसे मूह-जबानी रट राखे, चौबीसों घन्टे जमाँ टन्न रहते होगे :cool:

मका यो घरां बणाण का Recipe अडै चेप देते, किसे का भला हो ज्यागा !

भाई किरशन घणा सा पियक्कड़ तो कोन्या पर हाँ थोडा बहुत तजुर्बा आप जिसे भाइयां के साथ रह के हो ग्या I

हम शायद टोपिक से ज्यादा हट गए पर आपने पूछा तो बता दूं के घर की बनी हुई या कच्ची दारु सेहत के लिए नुकसान दायक हो सकती है I इसलिए मैं इसका एक substitute बता रहा हूँ - बाजरे और मोठ के चून की राबड़ी I इसकी तासीर लगभग दारु (wine) या बीयर जैसी होती है I बनाने की विधि किसी बुढ़िया तैं बूझ लिए I वैसे आसान सै, सीत मैं चून घोल के सारा दिन धूप में रखो और सांझ नै रांध ल्यो I आगले दिन सीत(लस्सी), बासी रोटी के टूक (crums ) आर प्याज़ के टूकड़े गेर के खा ल्यो आर फेर चादर ताण के सो ज्याओ I इसका नशा 4 -5 घंटे तक रहता है और ये सेहत के लिए बहुत अच्छी होती है I

(मेरी जानकारी के अनुसार घर में जो दारु (wine) बनती है उसमे अंगूर बड़े से टब या होदी में डालकर पैरों से फोड़े जाते हैं जो काफी disgusting है ). If you have some information on this you may like to share).

urmiladuhan
November 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
for “weight watchers recipe" @lol

Not a big fan of dieting.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 03:26 PM
A good sauce recipe for shrimp (or for potato wafers etc too):

Title: Avocado Aioli.

7-8 Avocado pulp
7-8 chopped garlic
Blend both in a blender and add 6-7 tbsp Mayonnaise. Blend again. Ready.

deshi-jat
November 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
It came so yummy........:p

उर्मिला जी, यह होइ ना बात!!!
ग्वाकमोली (Guacamole) का बी बतायो क्यूकर बणाऊ

A good sauce recipe for shrimp (or for potato wafers etc too):

Title: Avocado Aioli.

7-8 Avocado pulp
7-8 chopped garlic
Blend both in a blender and add 6-7 tbsp Mayonnaise. Blend again. Ready.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM
It came so yummy........:p

उर्मिला जी, यह होइ ना बात!!!
ग्वाकमोली (Guacamole) का बी बतायो क्यूकर बणाऊ

That was fast! I am glad you liked it.
If I am not wrong, Guacamole is same as Avocados. If not, then I am sorry, I only know Avocado recipe.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
That was fast! I am glad you liked it.
If I am not wrong, Guacamole is same as Avocados. If not, then I am sorry, I only know Avocado recipe.

Krishan jee - do you have a good recipe to share? If so, please do.

deshi-jat
November 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
मै तो जी, इसने न्यू बणाया करू; सादे से तरीके तै
पके हुए अवाकाडो (पिल्पले से), करडा हो तै 2-3 धरा रहण दो.
दो हिस्सा मै काट कै, बीझां नै फैंक दो, और चम्मच तै Pulp काढ ल्यो, छिलके नै भी फैंक दो
अवाकाडो के Pulp नै चम्मच तै थोड़ा कूट दो और ठीक डाळ चम्मच तै ऐ मिला ल्यो, यो पेस्ट सा बण ज्यागा मिक्स़र/गराइनडर किम्मे जरूत ना
बारीक कटी हुई प्याज-टिमाटर मिला ल्यो, निम्बू बी ठीक काम करै सै
फेर ब्रैड (डबल रोटी) पै धर कै सैंडविच बणालो, चाहे सादी रोटी पै धर कै खा लो

It really tastes good, at least I like it a lot

Krishan jee - do you have a good recipe to share? If so, please do.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM
मै तो जी, इसने न्यू बणाया करू; सादे से तरीके तै
पके हुए अवाकाडो (पिल्पले से), करडा हो तै 2-3 धरा रहण दो.
दो हिस्सा मै काट कै, बीझां नै फैंक दो, और चम्मच तै Pulp काढ ल्यो, छिलके नै भी फैंक दो
अवाकाडो के Pulp नै चम्मच तै थोड़ा कूट दो और ठीक डाळ चम्मच तै ऐ मिला ल्यो, यो पेस्ट सा बण ज्यागा मिक्स़र/गराइनडर किम्मे जरूत ना
बारीक कटी हुई प्याज-टिमाटर मिला ल्यो, निम्बू बी ठीक काम करै सै
फेर ब्रैड (डबल रोटी) पै धर कै सैंडविच बणालो, चाहे सादी रोटी पै धर कै खा लो

It really tastes good, at least I like it a lot

Very nice! I will surely try it :)

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Very nice! I will surely try it :)

I think you like to eat sandwiches - here is a really quick one:

In a bowl, mix 2 table spoon of mayonnaise with half table spoon of Mustard paste (in India, you can get "FunFoods" Mayo and Mustard). Add 1/2 table spoon of ground black pepper. Mix all three well. Apply this paste on 2 bread slices, evenly. Put thinly sliced cucumber in between such 2 bread slices. Remove the crusty part of the bread - sandwich ready!

I like this very much ;)

deshi-jat
November 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Yes Urmila ji, I do like sandwiches. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will try it soon.

I think you like to eat sandwiches - here is a really quick one:

In a bowl, mix 2 table spoon of mayonnaise with half table spoon of Mustard paste (in India, you can get "FunFoods" Mayo and Mustard). Add 1/2 table spoon of ground black pepper. Mix all three well. Apply this paste on 2 bread slices, evenly. Put thinly sliced cucumber in between such 2 bread slices. Remove the crusty part of the bread - sandwich ready!

I like this very much ;)

urmiladuhan
November 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM

Bocconcini/Mozzarella Salad:

I prefer Bocconcini as it is softer and tastes better than a regular mozzarella. In a bowl, slice some tomatoes (either vertically/horizontally) and add the bocconcini balls (approx. 2 inch in dia., if bigger, you may cut them into half and use them that way) (after wiping all its drippings). About 1 ball per 2 medium sized tomatoes. Sprinkle with ground pepper and olive oil and throw in few basil leaves for color. Mix well. Ready! Really nice salad :)

p.s: there is a food festival (Aahaar) organized each year at Pragati Maidan - there they display various kinds of cheese. Sometimes, they are also for sale. Otherwise Sarojni Nagar in Delhi is a good place to buy cheese.

urmiladuhan
November 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
(मेरी जानकारी के अनुसार घर में जो दारु (wine) बनती है उसमे अंगूर बड़े से टब या होदी में डालकर पैरों से फोड़े जाते हैं जो काफी disgusting है ). If you have some information on this you may like to share).

They are clean pair of shoes specifically kept for this purpose only (not for using elsewhere as on streets)

singhvp
November 11th, 2011, 07:41 AM
They are clean pair of shoes specifically kept for this purpose only (not for using elsewhere as on streets)
No hard and fast rule. I remember having seen a documentary wherein grapes were being trampled bare-footed. But, on the small scale, even a juicer can do the job.

urmiladuhan
November 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM
No hard and fast rule. I remember having seen a documentary wherein grapes were being trampled bare-footed.

Could be part of celebrating a festival where this custom is practiced.

singhvp
November 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Could be part of celebrating a festival where this custom is practiced.

That is also true.