PDA

View Full Version : Corex, Rexcof and other Medicines...Spoiling Country's Future

rajninarwal
November 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to bring it to your notice which I feel is a serious issue..

Corex and Rexcof are cough syrups, Strictly prohibited to sell without a doctor's prescription.
Its harmful if one is addicted to it.It has a lot of impact on health.
Almost at every chemist shop, they are selling it without a prescription.
My observation says almost 40% youngsters are consuming it and are addicted to it in India. They are our future and obviously ruining their lives.
Not only corex, there are other medicines as well which I don't know the name of.
These syrups are easily available at 10-30 Rs. more than the printed rate.
I have observed it in Rohtak and New Delhi..Uttam Nagar and Dwarka area.
Though I have informed the Media and the Police both but could not see any results till date.
Anyone of you can go and try to buy them from any chemist shop without any prescription.
If we Jaats, who are considered to be the volunteers in bringing changes in society , can do something...
I believe if we would not take this issue seriously today, tomorrow someone from our herd can be a victim...

dahiyarocks
November 1st, 2011, 10:00 PM
leave prescription aside..........

der are many medicines which are banned outside but are still in use in india........

and on wat data r u saying tat 40 % of youngsters are addicted to dem?

drkarminder
November 1st, 2011, 11:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Corex and Rexcof are cough syrups, Strictly prohibited to sell without a doctor's prescription.
My observation says almost 40% youngsters are consuming it and are addicted to it in India. They are our future and obviously ruining their lives.
Not only corex, there are other medicines as well which I don't know the name of.
Though I have informed the Media and the Police both but could not see any results till date.
Anyone of you can go and try to buy them from any chemist shop without any prescription.
If we Jaats, who are considered to be the volunteers in bringing changes in society , can do something...
I believe if we would not take this issue seriously today, tomorrow someone from our herd can be a victim...
corex and rexcof nd also other cough syrups hv a basic drug CODEINE..which is used as opioids analgesics...AND "ANTITUSSIVE(COUGH RELIEVER)..as it depress d activity of area of brain that induces cough

this drug is synthetic and is similar to MORPHIN bt hv less side effects than morphin if used as cough reliever..
but it has d same addiction potentail as MORPHIN...it gives d same "euphoric effect as morphin.." nd has less withdrawl sypmtoms than morphin..

thats y ppl become addicted to it nd it can be purchased eazly from medical shops..u cant purchase any product that contain codeine as basic drug without prescription..

WHITENER DILUTER is also product of abuse nd i hv noticed many young boys in delhi purchasing nd inhaling it ..
police should be reported of such medical shop owners nd action should be taken against them..

dahiyarocks
November 2nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
bhai kehte ho te isse saste sode ki list chapu??????????

benedril cough syrup (soon mein mazza aaja se ek bottal pi ke )
diluter

thinner
ladkiyo walla nail polish remover

old spice aftershave

iodex

petrol

spirit

nira soda se..........

karan aala kare e ga.........
kime kar lo pher..........
upper likhi od chiz te mne apni aakha te dekhi se use karte hue.......

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
40% is my observation Sumit Ji. I may be wrong as well. Please do correct me if I am wrong. Is there any way thinner, Iodex, Petrol, Spirit, Aftershave,cough syrups and other drugs can be banned in country without prescriptions?
Is there anything comes in your mind to bann those drugs which are banned outside but are in use in India?
What you suggest?

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 08:59 AM
@Karminder Ji....I know a lot of youngsters who are consuming these drugs.I will give some examples here. We would come to know, how these drugs are affecting country, society, youngsters and lives.
I know a fellow who is an addict to Corex and Rexcof. Its been more than 7 years now. As per him he is consuming 6-7 bottles a day. If by any chance he doesn't get to have it, he feels like sleeping the entire day. His hands tremble. He hurts himself and weeps a lot. Feel like committing suicide. There were a few unsuccessful attempts. He says that there is a guilt over me of being a thief at my own house at times.He is an highly educated guy but due to this addiction can't do a job. Is married and has kids.In all life for him and his family is hell. He is been sent to a rehabilitation center.
Give your suggestion on how can we help such youngsters to get rid of this hell..Would they be able to live a normal life ever?

dahiyarocks
November 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
i think 40 % is a verh high no........

as i just passed out of college,based on mu exp i will say tat 40 % of youth is addicted to one thing or other......nt only on dis......

some of my frns used to drinkbenadryl to hav a gud sleep..........

in my coll when v entered i saw tat only 10-15 % people used to smoke n drink and after 4 yrs,onlt 5-10 % wer those who didnt used to drink n smoke..........

i think it cant be banned bcoz cough is a very common thing n going to doctor for a prescription is nt a gud idea . u can find many people who goes to a chemist and takes medicine from him only by telling der problems.doctor is taken as a last resort.

Samarkadian
November 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Rajni,

Ban has its significance until there is ban on production which further is completely in government's hand. These substances are abused and misused along with used medically. It is universal. You can witness that in every society. Substances abuse,if seen, from unbiased angel is a human need somehow though unjustifiable. Life is not fair at this planet and certain unpleasant situations make people take a refugee in such stuff. It is more of a socio-psychological issue than addiction. Youngster and teens catches and copy this more frequently from various inspirations. What can government do instead of banning is to set up small centers at every hospital where under medical supervision these weeds,drugs etc can be given. That may work on the basis of awareness. Otherwise how hard one may try to eradicate such issues,sadly, can't be eradicated,nevertheless, parents need to be vigilant and cognizant about their young children's inspirations and activities. In a way, parenthood and friend circle could be really helpful. Further, suppressing is not the solution but itself is a problem because it might increase the craving many folds and a substance abuser might travels miles to get it by any means.

dahiyarocks
November 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
as u gave an example i will give u one too.......

one of my frnd used to smoke.in the beginning i tried my best to make him quit smoking n i will say i tried to my extreme level.but the end result was that he had a fight wid me over some other issue nd v separated our paths.but as v wer in hostel together,i saw him move over to weeds,hashish, diluter etc. he was a intelligent student but end result was that he got one yr back after failing exams,den one yr suspension in drug case(was nt even permitted to stay in hostel during exam time,and v had hostel compulsory ) den at last he quitted studies while he was in 3rd yr,though he was in coll for 5 yrs.he was from a rich family n exactly at same time he got 50 lakh cash as his share after partition and rest was wid her mom.he stopped taking calls from other frns in coll,went out of touch from everyone.last i hrd was that he was in bombay wid one of my other frnd who was expelled from coll over drug case only nd he went for modelling n shoots etc.(he is a fox n i wont deny the fact that he might use all his money as a ladder to be sucessful in becoming an actor(he acted in a few serials ))

and u can guess where his life will end.

dahiyarocks
November 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
What can government do instead of banning is to set up small centers at every hospital where under medical supervision these weeds,drugs etc can be given.

how will it help?

people tries to keep these things upto themselves.they wont come in open and say they are addicted.

Samarkadian
November 2nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
how will it help?

people tries to keep these things upto themselves.they wont come in open and say they are addicted.

Along with an addiction it is a social taboo and stigma as well. Larger section of society spot out addicts and it let them compel to do it in secrecy. When there is no secrecy and its legal, there are chances that some might get relaxed psychologically that they are accepted. It is like a spring, you press it more it bounces more.

dahiyarocks
November 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
if its legal,den dont u think more people might get attracted towards it?????

and as u only sid that der are CHANCES,no gurantee,

i will say this action will be win-loss situation and win probabilty is very less........

malikdeepak1
November 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Ban lagaye te kalabajaari karen allya ki or faltu mauj ho jagi!

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
@Sumit...Cough syrups are strictly prohibited to sell without a prescription. I have seen it printed on bottles. I believe it's not legal to sell without a prescription.

dahiyarocks
November 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
@Sumit...Cough syrups are strictly prohibited to sell without a prescription. I have seen it printed on bottles. I believe it's not legal to sell without a prescription.

yr doctor bhi kya karega??????

uske pass ja ke thoda khas do......

likh dega parchi pe.............

its a very common disease..........

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
@Samar...They are not isolated people. If I talk about cough syrups, if the addiction is of 3 or 4 years we would not even be able to recognize an addict I have observed. The victims are in Jobs. They are married. Have kids. They do have friends in initial years of their addiction. But once they are a slave to it, they thyself stop meeting people. It's not that society doesn't accept them.

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Addicts of cough syrups consume 7-10 bottles a day. Even if you visit a doctor and pretend to have cough, a doctor would never suggest 7-10 bottles.

urmiladuhan
November 2nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=rajninarwal;284444]
can do something...
QUOTE]

Sure we can. The first thing that came to my mind is to spread this awareness, as you have done. Secondly, we must discourage pharmacophilia (love of medicine) in our homes - this is bound to benefit us and through us all those people who hear and see us practice. I firmly believe that prevention of a medical problem is better than curing it. I give my personal example - I do lot of gargling with boiled salted water as a means of preventing coughs rather than having to take antibiotics later. I would say, it is working out well more or less.

urmiladuhan
November 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=rajninarwal;284444]
can do something...
QUOTE]

Sure we can. The first thing that came to my mind is to spread this awareness, as you have done. Secondly, we must discourage pharmacophilia (love of medicine) in our homes - this is bound to benefit us and through us all those people who hear and see us practice. I firmly believe that prevention of a medical problem is better than curing it. I give my personal example - I do lot of gargling with boiled salted water as a means of preventing coughs rather than having to take antibiotics later. I would say, it is working out well more or less.

I think most infections can be prevented by keeping good hygiene such as:
wash hands often, avoid touching your face as much as possible, avoid crowds etc. The dependence on medicine can thus be much reduced.

jakharanil
November 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
mee to chahta hu ki tekha pr daru ki botal b dr. ki likhawat bina nhi milni chaye...
jai hind

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
@Karminder Ji....I know a lot of youngsters who are consuming these drugs.I will give some examples here. We would come to know, how these drugs are affecting country, society, youngsters and lives.
I know a fellow who is an addict to Corex and Rexcof. Its been more than 7 years now. As per him he is consuming 6-7 bottles a day. If by any chance he doesn't get to have it, he feels like sleeping the entire day. His hands tremble. He hurts himself and weeps a lot. Feel like committing suicide. There were a few unsuccessful attempts. He says that there is a guilt over me of being a thief at my own house at times.He is an highly educated guy but due to this addiction can't do a job. Is married and has kids.In all life for him and his family is hell. He is been sent to a rehabilitation center.
Give your suggestion on how can we help such youngsters to get rid of this hell..Would they be able to live a normal life ever?
i think ur friend has physical dependence to codeine.

there are sm drugs that produce psychological dependence only like nicotine,caffeine... like in villages sm of old age ppl hv psychological addiction to "tea" bt if u will not gv them tea even for 3-4 days they will not suffer any withdrawl symptoms..other than yellling at u...:)
BT CODIENE ND MORHIN DEFINITELY PRODUCE PHYSICAL DEPEDENCE..in which that drug should continously be present in blood of addict.

wtever symtomps that u r telling: crying,weeping,headache nd most common loose motion ,are known as "withdrawl symptoms" that i mentioned in earlier post..

the method used is known as "detox"..there are home detox methods also with drug"suboxone"that is given to patient in place of codeine nd then tapered the dose slowly to stop taking suboxone...bt difficullty is tht patient does not know hw to taper the dose in home detox method...so u hv to take professional help..i m writing a address of rehabilitaion institute u can contact them:

"HOPE AND TRUST" rehabilitation and research center for drug abuse,banjara hills hyderabad.

contact no.- 04023396339..mob-08374601855 ,fax - 23302230

deshi-jat
November 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
why doesn’t health ministry/Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) come up with effective vaccines, against the strains prevalent locally for common flu, viral fever and other tropical disease. Are they waiting for WHO or red-cross to come forward and do their part of job?

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;284568]

I think most infections can be prevented by keeping good hygiene such as:
wash hands often, avoid touching your face as much as possible, avoid crowds etc. The dependence on medicine can thus be much reduced.

upendersingh
November 2nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Youth addicted to medicated liquor in Punjab, Haryana
punjab and haryana youth have become addicted of new brand of liqur called medicated liquor
Wed, Aug 25, 2010 15:51:23 IST
EVER HEARD of medicated liquor. Sounds unbelievable as liquor is either country liquor or Indian made foreign liquor or spurious liquor called hooch in local parlance. But reports from Punjab and Haryana states have revealed that a large number of people particularly the youth, college and university going students are using cough syrup to mix it with liquor for getting additional kick.

This concoction is is cheaper as compared to other brands of liquor and it gives more and immediate kick . The sale of cough syrup has increased manifold during the last for and five years. Early morning walkers in public parks finds large number of empty bottles of syrup littered here and there.

In rural area of Punjab, even chemists turn their shops into Ahatas in the evening putting Charpais in front of their shops, where one can have this mixed brand of liquor and relax. Although a scheduled drugs which can only be sold by a licenced chemist on the prescription of a qualified doctor or stored by alicenced chemist, but the cough syrup is easily available even at roadside dhabas.

Health authorities of Haryana have conducted raids at several places and have recovered large quantity of unaccounted syrup bottles. Cough syrup for dry cough prescribed by the doctors is available in the market under several brand names. Although the cough syrup is for the treatment of dry cough but it is being used for purposes other than the treatment.

Companies are making huge profit, wholesalers and retailers are making huge profit while humanity is suffering. Addicted people loose stamina for work and some of them even resort to crime.

The raw material for preparing codein the main ingredients in such syrups which gives kick is not available in open market.It is available at select places and is iven to the manufacturers against the permit issued by the Narcotic Control Bureau.

Earlier, the permits for Codein were being issued by the drug controllers of the respective states. Narcotic Control Bureau has fixed the quota for states. But the issue of permits of more quantity than the sanctioned limit by Maharashtra authorities led to the withdrawal of powers of issuing permits from the drug controllers of the respective states.

Now, the permits are issued by the Narcotic Control Bureau . A particular multinational Pharma company manufacturing the dry cough syrup has a virtual monopoly in the field. But tempted by its sale more than a dozen players have also joined the fray.
The retailer gets this syrup at a highly subsidized rate from the companies. The syrups being scheduled - H drugs can be sold only on the prescription of a qualified doctor. The companeis have also displayed warning on the bottles stating that being scheduled - H drug they can only be sold on the prescription of a qualified doctor.

Now, the million dollar question is that when cough syrups can be sold only on the prescription of a qualified doctor, then how it is being sold in the market by the chemists to drug addicts. Investigations by this scribe revealed that the companies or the wholeasalers sell the syrup in bulk quantity in the name of non existent or fictitious firms to avoid action by the drug controlling authorities.

G.L..Singla, Assistant Drug Controller of Haryana told that on a tip off they conducted raid at a chemist shop at Ambala and seized as many as three thousands bottles of Rexcof, which were not billed raising the suspicion that they will be used for the purpose other than for the treatment of the dry cough. Similarly, a Chandigarh based firm has sold these syrups amounting to Rs sixty lakhs to a non-existent firm of Ratia in Haryana .

Alarmed over the practice, Ashok Singla,.General-Secretary of Haryana Chemists and Drugists Association has appealed to fellow chemists to keep only limited stock of such medicines. Describing intoxication as a social evil ,Singla has advised the members of the Association to sell such drugs only on the prescription of a doctor.

This malady is not confined only to the cough syrups, several injections and tablets are also being used for intoxication purpose. Buprenorphine injection which is normally given during minor operations or in case of acute stomach pain is used for a kick. Sleeping tablets Alprax or Hypotrex popularly known as tablet of ten number and Diazepam is also used for intoxication. Lomotil used for the treatment of lose motions also serve the same purpose.
Link (http://www.merinews.com/article/youth-addicted-to-medicated-liquor-in-punjab-haryana/15829254.shtml)

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Very informative and helpful Dr. Singh..
Thanks a ton

deshi-jat
November 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Dr Saab, synthetic version of codeine are like Hydro- or Oxy- codone. Does this hydro or oxy make difference in potency?

physical dependence to codeine.

singhvp
November 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Codeine is being used not only in cough syrups but in some pain-killers also (tablets for relief from headache etc.). It is an addictive and harmful drug, use of which should be allowed by the government for life-saving drugs only. But the drug and pharmaceutical mafia is able to seek permission by giving hefty bribes to the medical and health authorities in government. This is prevalent not only in India but many countries, especially in developing and undeveloped countries. The countries like US are very stringent about use of codeine in medicines. For example, the American schools (in America and abroad) give a random drug test to the students in schools and if any of the students is found positive with codeine or any other drug substance, even carried through medication, is expelled from the school. In India also the schools must introduce this kind of tests. It is a good topic and will certainly spread some awareness.

rajninarwal
November 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
@Vijay Pal Singh Ji....Sir, It can actually help as drug addiction mostly starts in school days..especially starting 8th standard I believe....

deshi-jat
November 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
वी पी सिंह जी,
यो वैक्सीन आला सौदा बी बतइयो कीमे. जाड्या मै खांसी-जुखाम, गर्मिया में दस्त, चौमासा मै बुखार, दुखी कर ले सै जनता नै. और आये साल का योहे सांग.
खांसी-जुखाम होण तै इ रोकण की कोशिस करो. फेर दवाइया (कोडिन) की आपे जरूत कम रह ज्यागी.

Codeine is being used not only in cough syrups but in some pain-killers also (tablets for relief from headache etc.). It is an addictive and harmful drug, use of which should be allowed by the government for life-saving drugs only. But the drug and pharmaceutical mafia is able to seek permission by giving hefty bribes to the medical and health authorities in government. This is prevalent not only in India but many countries, especially in developing and undeveloped countries. The countries like US are very stringent about use of codeine in medicines. For example, the American schools (in America and abroad) give a random drug test to the students in schools and if any of the students is found positive with codeine or any other drug substance, even carried through medication, is expelled from the school. In India also the schools must introduce this kind of tests. It is a good topic and will certainly spread some awareness.

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Dr Saab, synthetic version of codeine are like Hydro- or Oxy- codone. Does this hydro or oxy make difference in potency?

definitely oxycodone is a more potent analgesic(painkiller) than hydrocodone...

formulations that contain oxycodon as basic drug are stronger in action then containing hydrocodone...

nd has got high addiction potential than hydro.

codeine is definitely milder than oxy and hydro derivatives..

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM

"if a teenager or young boy is reporting having recurrent constipation despite having no signs of any illness in maximum cases is an addict of cough syrup( codeine) or morphine..."

these symptoms can also be used to identify the addict..

singhvp
November 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
वी पी सिंह जी,
यो वैक्सीन आला सौदा बी बतइयो कीमे. जाड्या मै खांसी-जुखाम, गर्मिया में दस्त, चौमासा मै बुखार, दुखी कर ले सै जनता नै. और आये साल का योहे सांग.
खांसी-जुखाम होण तै इ रोकण की कोशिस करो. फेर दवाइया (कोडिन) की आपे जरूत कम रह ज्यागी.
हा...हा... हा.... हा ... कृष्ण इसका तोड़ तो डाक्टर करमिंदर ऐ बता सकै सै I यह जरूर आपकी पोस्ट पढ़ के तावले कोए online इलाज़ बतावेंगे

JSRana
November 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
"if a teenager or young boy is reporting having recurrent constipation despite having no signs of any illness in maximum cases is an addict of cough syrup( codeine) or morphine..."

these symptoms can also be used to identify the addict..

Indeed very useful information Dr. Sahb, Thanks

urmiladuhan
November 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=deshi-jat;284616]why doesn’t health ministry/Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) come up with effective vaccines, against the strains prevalent locally for common flu, viral fever and other tropical disease. Are they waiting for WHO or red-cross to come forward and do their part of job?

perhaps the govt doesn't have the vaccines. remember, most vaccines in the past too have been developed in the west.

deshi-jat
November 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks Dr Karminder ji. One more question. Based on your experience/patients report, are these analgesic more effective or LONG (clove) for toothache. I heard that LONG has some oil which works as analgesic as well as bacteriocide/antiseptic. Is it just a myth or fact about LONG?

definitely oxycodone is a more potent analgesic(painkiller) than hydrocodone...

formulations that contain oxycodon as basic drug are stronger in action then containing hydrocodone...

nd has got high addiction potential than hydro.

codeine is definitely milder than oxy and hydro derivatives..

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
हा...हा... हा.... हा ... कृष्ण इसका तोड़ तो डाक्टर करमिंदर ऐ बता सकै सै I यह जरूर आपकी पोस्ट पढ़ के तावले कोए online इलाज़ बतावेंगे

..vaccine is reqired for fatal diseases krishan ji....not for fever,cough,loose motion..(these are illness not disease)

..these are self limiting diseases nd very easy to treat, dont require vaccines nd are not lethal...
...diseases like hepatitis,T.B, tetanus(past time) claim very large no. of deaths nd are difficult to cure nd diseases like polio make the a child handicapped even if its not lethal..

so ,vaccine developement focus at diseases that are either fatal nd dont respond to treatement nd that hamper the patient physically..

I MEAN TO SAY IT CAN BE DONE, BT IS NOT REQUIRED BECOZ SM OTHER DISEASES REQUIRE MORE FOCUS THAN THESE ILLNESS..

urmiladuhan
November 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks Dr Karminder ji. One more question. Based on your experience/patients report, are these analgesic more effective or LONG (clove) for toothache. I heard that LONG has some oil which works as analgesic as well as bacteriocide/antiseptic. Is it just a myth or fact about LONG?

Kindly allow me to join.

Eugenol is an anaesthetic found in cloves. Is cytotoxic at high concentrations.

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM

LONG(clove oil) contains EUGENOL as basic constituent..

eugenol is very soothing to pulp( source of toothache)..it reduces inflammation of pulp nd give u symptomatic relief for sometime.

bt it is mild irritating..if touch wd bare hands, produce irritation..

eugenol is main ingredients of many dental medicines like ..Z.O.E -zinc oxide eugenol.

so, if u fill the offending tooth wd LONG OIL ,it will give temporary relief (home remedy for toothache).

bt definitely painkillers are far better than clove oil.

deshi-jat
November 2nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Do you mean it is not safe to use clove in food (rice pulav, etc.) or chewing couple of clove buds in case of toothache?

Kindly allow me to join.

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Kindly allow me to join.

nice to hear from u, urmila ji...infact we all should hv sm basic knowledge of medicine..

in foreign countries basic education of sm life saving measures is given at school age..like how to give artificial respiration to an unconcious person,hw to lift an injured person in accidents, wt to follow in poisoning cases etc.

bt in india its not included in school education..

deshi-jat
November 2nd, 2011, 10:16 PM
डॉ कर्मैन्द्र जी,
या तो बहोत अच्छी जानकारी दी आपने. आप ज्ञान तै सारा md वाला भी ले रहे सो! मै तै न्यू कहू था अक गंभीर बिमारिया के टीके तै बण लिए/उपलब्ध सै, उनमे तै कुछ सुधार की हे जरूरत रह रही होगी मेरे ख्याल तै तो? सुणा सै कै अमरिका मै कुछ संस्थान सै fda/nih वे जमा बीमारिया का तौड़ पाड़-पाड़ कै सुए/दवाई बणाया करै इलाज के भी आर बचाव के भी.

म्हारे अडै भी इसे ढ़ाळ संस्थान बताये icmr/csir आदि. आपने नै तो जरूर बेरा होगा इसी चीज्या का. मक़ा वे ठाली बैठे कीमे इसी चीज़ बना दे आर 10-20 रुपिया मै बेच दे तो जनता का कीमे भला हो ज्या. ये डाक्टर टीवी पै आ कै कह गे अक बचाव करना चाहिए, इब स्कूल/कोलेज, बस, दफ्तर मै माणस कितना के बचाव कर ले? भाई मै चिकित्सा क्षेत्र का माणस तै सु कौन्या, कदे आप घणे विस्तार मै चले जाओ ना.
पर भाई ये मौसमी बीमारी बेरा ना कितणे का नुक्सान करती होंगी. माणस नै काम छोड़ना पडै, दुःख पावै, और डाक्टर दवाईया का खर्चा अलग तै.

..vaccine is reqired for fatal diseases krishan ji....not for fever,cough,loose motion..(these are illness not disease)

..these are self limiting diseases nd very easy to treat, dont require vaccines nd are not lethal...
...diseases like hepatitis,t.b, tetanus(past time) claim very large no. Of deaths nd are difficult to cure nd diseases like polio make the a child handicapped even if its not lethal..

So ,vaccine developement focus at diseases that are either fatal nd dont respond to treatement nd that hamper the patient physically..

I mean to say it can be done, bt is not required becoz sm other diseases require more focus than these illness..

sanjeev_balyan
November 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
आजकल तो जाटलैंड पर इतना ज्ञान बाँट रहा है कि संभालना मुश्किल हो रहा है
नए मेम्बर के आने से लगता है कि या जाटलैंड तो खाम्ह्खा बंजर थी इतने साल ते
आँख सी तो इभी खुली पुराने मेम्बर की
बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद्

drkarminder
November 2nd, 2011, 11:10 PM
डॉ कर्मैन्द्र जी,
या तो बहोत अच्छी जानकारी दी आपने. आप ज्ञान तै सारा md वाला भी ले रहे सो! मै तै न्यू कहू था अक गंभीर बिमारिया के टीके तै बण लिए/उपलब्ध सै, उनमे तै कुछ सुधार की हे जरूरत रह रही होगी मेरे ख्याल तै तो? सुणा सै कै अमरिका मै कुछ संस्थान सै fda/nih वे जमा बीमारिया का तौड़ पाड़-पाड़ कै सुए/दवाई बणाया करै इलाज के भी आर बचाव के भी.

म्हारे अडै भी इसे ढ़ाळ संस्थान बताये icmr/csir आदि. आपने नै तो जरूर बेरा होगा इसी चीज्या का. मक़ा वे ठाली बैठे कीमे इसी चीज़ बना दे आर 10-20 रुपिया मै बेच दे तो जनता का कीमे भला हो ज्या. ये डाक्टर टीवी पै आ कै कह गे अक बचाव करना चाहिए, इब स्कूल/कोलेज, बस, दफ्तर मै माणस कितना के बचाव कर ले? भाई मै चिकित्सा क्षेत्र का माणस तै सु कौन्या, कदे आप घणे विस्तार मै चले जाओ ना.
पर भाई ये मौसमी बीमारी बेरा ना कितणे का नुक्सान करती होंगी. माणस नै काम छोड़ना पडै, दुःख पावै, और डाक्टर दवाईया का खर्चा अलग तै.

most of the setor of developing drugs and vaccines has shifted to private pharma componies because of rapid and very effetive way of production...
govt only offers contract to these comp...nd there is no harm in it because govt is getting very effective drugs at reasonable cost(bcoz of copmetition in pharma comp)...

our main defence is our immunity krishan ji....wt drugs do?..they never act directly ..these drugs modify our immunity for in a specific way for specific diseaes..so, ultimately its our immunity that fights not drug..

so ,i just want to say krishan ji..dont depend on drugs even for minor illness..

improve nd strenthen ur immunity in a natural way like..improve ur life style ,improve ur food habits,improve ur environment,exercise daily, nd be up to date in health nd fitness updates...

i think this much effort only can make u immune to many common diseases that u were mentioning..

urmiladuhan
November 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Sanjeev,
Whom are you considering new?? I am pretty sure you are pointing towards me. तू भी कहले भाई. आपा कै किम्मे ना फर्क पड़ता.:boxing

I am sooooo glad that new, educated, courteous members are joining JL!!!

rajninarwal
November 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
@Krishan Ji....your point make sense, but what would we do if the victim is someone from our herd? All we can do is put efforts.Correct me if I am wrong.

amankadian
November 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

I believe if we would not take this issue seriously today, tomorrow someone from our herd can be a victim...Thanks Rajni ji

deshi-jat
November 4th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Rajni, try to convince the person that it is harmful and encourage him/her to quit. If he/she is determined to do so, it won’t be so difficult. There will be cravings and withdrawal symptoms depending on the level of addiction. Going cold turkey is not good if symptoms are severe. Discuss with your family physician who can prescribe some medication therapy, if needed.

@Krishan Ji....your point make sense, but what would we do if the victim is someone from our herd? All we can do is put efforts.Correct me if I am wrong.

Samarkadian
November 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Rajni, try to convince the person that it is harmful and encourage him/her to quit. If he/she is determined to do so, it won’t be so difficult. There will be cravings and withdrawal symptoms depending on the level of addiction. Going cold turkey is not good if symptoms are severe. Discuss with your family physician who can prescribe some medication therapy, if needed.

Deshi, Rajni,

A full addict is very hard to convince. I had tried my wit to the maximum with one of my relative who was a scene in all rave partys in and around NCR and then Himachal. His car used to be full with Corex cartons.He had wanted to quit but less than the parents and relatives. He deceieved every emotional and supportive advice.No family physician or other psychology worked. Addiction's psychology is far stronger than supportive and emotional psychology. Finally we had to book him in de-addiction centre. They came in disguise of paintors and took him. There he was de-toxicated top to bottom. When I had used to visit him, he would scream and cry his soul out for these codience based cough syrups.When I hadn't listened to his pleas he cut himself in face and head which cuased more than 40 stictes all over. But at the end we didnt take him out unless he was on knees and call it a day for drugs. There is no way one can escape from these de-addiction centers. Like nightclubs they ve bouncers. Nothing works except quitting. He ulitmately got rid of all the addictions in that center and now is leaving normal life but still he drinks which is okay I think.

Main point I learned from his story is that his mother was too protective that she never saw it coming this big way unless police came one day and took him for various cases. He became a Khalifa at 16. Celebrated his 16th Birthday in Juvenile home. It is such an irony that his mother learnt it a bit late but I guess at the right time for her younger son who because of strict parenting is now studying for Aeronautical engieneering. So its parenthood which must be utternly rational for their teenagers children. It is rightesous parenting which matters more than just parenting in this corrupt time of age.

rajninarwal
November 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Pleasure is all mine Aman Ji. Please do contribute your valuable suggestions..

rajninarwal
November 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
@Krishan Ji...that would be in vain even if you try to convince the addict . He/she would say yes to everything then but later would not apply even a bit of it. Though if it's an addiction of 2-3 years people can quit with strong determination, but those who are slaves to these drugs can't even if they are willing to quit, I have observed. What I believe sending addicts to Rehabilitation centers can be a solution.Don't you think so

rajninarwal
November 4th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Samar Ji, a full addict is actually very hard to convince. Even in my opinion rehabilitation centers can only help.
Though no parent would want to see their kids in this hell, but when these addicts are questioned by psychiatrist, they held families responsible for their conditions someway or the other.
What you suggest parents should treat teenagers like?

urmiladuhan
November 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Do you mean it is not safe to use clove in food (rice pulav, etc.) or chewing couple of clove buds in case of toothache?

Clove seems safe for most people when taken in food amounts, but not enough is known about the safety of taking clove by mouth in larger medicinal amounts.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/251.html

deshi-jat
November 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Urmila ji,
Is it advisable to use or one should avoid it?

Clove seems safe for most people when taken in food amounts, but not enough is known about the safety of taking clove by mouth in larger medicinal amounts.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/251.html

urmiladuhan
November 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Urmila ji,
Is it advisable to use or one should avoid it?

I would take it in food (pulao etc) :)

deshi-jat
November 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks, that all I need to know.

I would take it in food (pulao etc) :)

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM
So its parenthood which must be utternly rational for their teenagers children. It is rightesous parenting which matters more than just parenting in this corrupt time of age.

Samar, please start a new thread, if possible, on parenting. I think lots of people would benefit from it.

Samarkadian
November 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM

Samar Ji, a full addict is actually very hard to convince. Even in my opinion rehabilitation centers can only help.
Though no parent would want to see their kids in this hell, but when these addicts are questioned by psychiatrist, they held families responsible for their conditions someway or the other.
What you suggest parents should treat teenagers like?

Treating children as their children not friends. In my opinion treating them as friend hardly works. For that matter they already ve friends. They need and want parents not friends in form of parents. A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.

If Psychiatrist is holding a family responsible for teenager's addiction then its true and let it hurt if it so. At last parents need to know their parenting's flaws.Nothing wrong with it.

Samar, please start a new thread, if possible, on parenting. I think lots of people would benefit from it.

Urmila Ji,

Although I am not a father but whatever little I understood is because of observation around. Starting a thread on parenthood is a nice idea. But since you are the superstar of Jatland and whatever idea/topic you touches it becomes immensely acknowledged and popular. My most threads wither on first page. It would be better if you start it and put your own observation and questions and let this on-air benefit for fellow readers.

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Urmila Ji,

Although I am not a father but whatever little I understood is because of observation around. Starting a thread on parenthood is a nice idea. But since you are the superstar of Jatland and whatever idea/topic you touches it becomes immensely acknowledged and popular. My most threads wither on first page. It would be better if you start it and put your own observation and questions and let this on-air benefit for fellow readers.

I am the so called "superstar" because I am the punching bag of JL!

O.K, I have experience with children, and I think, on that basis, I can start a thread on parenting.

Samarjee, in my experience, one need not be a parent to be an effective parent. For example, in a joint family system, that many Jats follow, young children are parented by the entire family - not necessarily by the biological parents.

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM

A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.

any good reason, why, masculine?

Samarkadian
November 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
any good reason, why, masculine?

Any good/bad reason, Why not masculine?

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Any good/bad reason, Why not masculine?

I'm not against it!

I think, I wanted a clarification (if possible) on the choice of specific gender (here masculine) for good parenting.

Samarkadian
November 6th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not against it!

I think, I wanted a clarification (if possible) on the choice of specific gender (here masculine) for good parenting.

Aaha!

Clarification again is not the correct word. Lady, allow me to elaborate a bit of Ying -Yang.

Since the immemorial time on this planet earth with the onset of appearance of humanoids, it was man who used to hunt and woman used to gather for the survival of their species and genes. If we look at the whole nature, motherhood is very common and prevalent. It is the fatherhood which is unique with us. No other species ve an example of fatherhood. There may be exceptions but that is the matter of academics.

This hunt and gathering is on in various disguises and would be on unless the last humanoid on the earth. Hunting here denotes leading. A man is a natural leader and thaty he become a source of inspiration by default. Where as feminine virtues are of creating, nurturing and complimenting. A woman by nature is considered more on emotional side while dealing with her kids where as a man along with being emotional has a logical faculty as well. It doesn't mean that a woman doesn't ve a logical faculty. Here it is on majority basis. Both ve both but in different doses. There is comfort with mother but there is learning and growth with father however unpleasant most of the time. If you observe usually one understands this dichotomy mostly after 25 years of age, however not always.

A masculine ideal with his strict rational abilities would help children's mother raising them in a flawless way. Since this teenage is quite a confused time. One can easily get carried away with many diversions ahead. Its needs a clear cut guidance and training to be a better hunter/gatherer in their life. Comfort of mother can't work here completely. Teenagers are needed to be saved from themselves first. A strong masculine ideal is the right subject for the harmony and happiness of the family.

A lot can be said about it. I am cutting it short here with no intention to write further.

Its a request that don't make it as man/woman stuff. Both are same and different like the day and night ve 12 hours each with different amount of sunlight.

soniadabas
November 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Its a very good attempt..But I wish, If we could actually do something about it ..Its a good suggestion ,If some volunteers could come forward n spread awareness in schools and colleges about Drug Abuse..Discussion would only be fruitful,if people take it as a serious issue.I am more then willing, to be a part of such awareness campaign.

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Aaha!

Clarification again is not the correct word. Lady, allow me to elaborate a bit of Ying -Yang.

Since the immemorial time on this planet earth with the onset of appearance of humanoids, it was man who used to hunt and woman used to gather for the survival of their species and genes. If we look at the whole nature, motherhood is very common and prevalent. It is the fatherhood which is unique with us. No other species ve an example of fatherhood. There may be exceptions but that is the matter of academics.

This hunt and gathering is on in various disguises and would be on unless the last humanoid on the earth. Hunting here denotes leading. A man is a natural leader and thaty he become a source of inspiration by default. Where as feminine virtues are of creating, nurturing and complimenting. A woman by nature is considered more on emotional side while dealing with her kids where as a man along with being emotional has a logical faculty as well. It doesn't mean that a woman doesn't ve a logical faculty. Here it is on majority basis. Both ve both but in different doses. There is comfort with mother but there is learning and growth with father however unpleasant most of the time. If you observe usually one understands this dichotomy mostly after 25 years of age, however not always.

A masculine ideal with his strict rational abilities would help children's mother raising them in a flawless way. Since this teenage is quite a confused time. One can easily get carried away with many diversions ahead. Its needs a clear cut guidance and training to be a better hunter/gatherer in their life. Comfort of mother can't work here completely. Teenagers are needed to be saved from themselves first. A strong masculine ideal is the right subject for the harmony and happiness of the family.

A lot can be said about it. I am cutting it short here with no intention to write further.

Its a request that don't make it as man/woman stuff. Both are same and different like the day and night ve 12 hours each with different amount of sunlight.

Women can be better task masters than many men I know. I get kids to become disciplined and performance oriented without using a heavy hand. But the boundaries are made very clear to them. I also think kids learn from 'seeing' better than from being 'told' i.e., their parent (whether man/woman) being the example to follow.

deshi-jat
November 6th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Physical panishment should be avoided I guess. Some kids are asked to "clean their mouth with soap" if they hear and repeat some bad word. Just as an example of sophisticated physical punishment. :confused:

Women can be better task masters than many men I know. I get kids to become disciplined and performance oriented without using a heavy hand. But the boundaries are made very clear to them. I also think kids learn from 'seeing' better than from being 'told' i.e., their parent (whether man/woman) being the example to follow.

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Some kids are asked to "clean their mouth with soap" if they hear and repeat some bad word.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! ya teh aaj a sunee :) :) :)

kapdal
November 7th, 2011, 04:27 AM

Treating children as their children not friends. In my opinion treating them as friend hardly works. For that matter they already ve friends. They need and want parents not friends in form of parents. A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.

When people say treat children as friends, they don't mean it literally - like getting onto backslapping terms with them. That is shown in movies and is far from reality. What it means is that the child should have enough confidence to share things in his/her life with you. That is the only way you are going to know what is happening in the child's life. If a child is hell-bent on hiding things from you, rest assured you won't get to know anything unless you put him/her behind 7 locks.

Unfortunately, just to comfort themselves, most parents create this make-believe world where they are tough task masters and their son/daughter is fully disciplined. These tough parents try their best not to get any "bad news" about their child and if it still comes to them, the fault lies with someone/something else and not their own approach.

Urban world is in such a flux that even with ideal parenthood, unfortunate things can happen as you can't control the environment & external factors beyond a certain point. The best one can aim for is a relationship where the child atleast feels comfortable to share his anxieties with the parent rather than getting parents off his/her back.

vicky84
November 7th, 2011, 06:19 AM

Sam,

By strong masculine, you mean father/Grand father only? Why not mother/grandmother?

You mean a woman cannot be ideal for children. Or you forgot to mention that part.

deshi-jat
November 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
भाई अतिस, मेरे ख्याल तै एक कोए सा पेरैंट तो माड़ा सोफ्ट बि होणा चाहिए. दोंयु जमा सख्त, फेर तै बाळक हरदम घिग्गी बंधी रैह गी

Sam,

By strong masculine, you mean father/Grand father only? Why not mother/grandmother?

You mean a woman cannot be ideal for children. Or you forgot to mention that part.

singhvp
November 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Urban world is in such a flux that even with ideal parenthood, unfortunate things can happen as you can't control the environment & external factors beyond a certain point. The best one can aim for is a relationship where the child atleast feels comfortable to share his anxieties with the parent rather than getting parents off his/her back.

Absolutely right. After a certain age, children tend to be driven more by external factors rather than the parental counselling. The best scenario is where parents and children are comfortable to discuss everything on the planet earth, leaving only few exceptions out of agenda. Win them over by being friendly with them and not by becoming harsh task masters, which is a typically conservative Indian approach.

vicky84
November 7th, 2011, 08:09 AM
भाई अतिस, मेरे ख्याल तै एक कोए सा पेरैंट तो माड़ा सोफ्ट बि होणा चाहिए. दोंयु जमा सख्त, फेर तै बाळक हरदम घिग्गी बंधी रैह गी

sahi kahi bhai..wa tai balak ki kismat sai...Baaki munnai Sam aali wa post nahi padhi..Sam ke according maa emotional jayada ho sai arr logic arr practical kam sain(Lekin saari nahi)..ibb munnai to research kari nahi ispai..Lekin jai babu dheela ho to maa uski poorti kar sakai sai..Baaki aajkal lugayi pacche koni reh ri..kayi fields mai barabar ki takkar de ri sai arr kitte kitte badh bhi.

rajninarwal
November 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Very rightly said Kapil Ji.Parents in India, really need to change their approach when it comes to their children. I feel if parents and children are comfortable to discuss everything on a friendly note, the probability of teenagers being addict of some drug or the other would definitely minimize. Prevention is better then cure.

rajninarwal
November 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Indeed a valuable suggestion Sonia Ji.Thanks a ton.

rajninarwal
November 7th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Very true Urmila Ji.

rajninarwal
November 7th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Krishan ji...It's not about taking interest. It's about sharing what we know about a particular thing.The issue which I have raised is a serious issue and as I said before tomorrow the addict can be someone from our herd too. So prevention is better then cure.I did not share a joke here that people are taking interest in it. All participants of this thread are concerned and worried about this issue and that is why they are sharing there valuable views and suggestions.My heartiest thanks to everyone...
I have got to know which I have started this thread for. I have the experts advice with me now and that is more than helpful.You kindly relax now.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Aaha!

Samar jee, I think you have been educated in Europe of this century. However, your views are more in line with the past rather than the present/future trend.

Samarkadian
November 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Samar jee, I think you have been educated in Europe of this century. However, your views are more in line with the past rather than the present/future trend.

Urmila Ji,

Education has least to do with the views, at-least in my case. My views on parenthood, as I opined in previous posts, are unrelated with education. But yes, certain things change and certain things do not change with education and time. My views could be more backward but I wrote what I 've observed and I, unapologeticaly, stand with them irrespective of what others may think of it. However, you may tell readers about the future trends.

urmiladuhan
November 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Urmila Ji,

However, you may tell readers about the future trends.

Let me try -

For one :

Children would need to be convinced by the parents rather being "told" what to do.

second: Corporal punishment would not be tolerated AT ALL! So the parent to whom the children would listen would be the one who is able to convince them (i.e., is more educated or world saavy) and not on the basis of their gender.

rajninarwal
November 7th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Very well said.I feel the same way Urmila Ji.

vijay
November 28th, 2011, 10:16 PM
One should do some efforts so that the KIDS believes you instead of obeying you.
Gender may have its own advantage ( or disadvantage ) but that hardly matters if the kid believes you.

soroutvirender
February 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
hello evryone
corex and roxcof are harmful without doctors priscription. for some type of patients this is the only drug of choice.
we should acknowledge the jhola chaap matter and unregistered medical stores.
they are the spoilers else evrythng is normal.
we r the buyers and we r the rule brakers and we have complaints too.
we can only talk, argue bt we r not initiating steps to lighten in community and aware peoples about wt we are facing surroundings.....